journal entry edit or delete

i am using microsoft great plains 7.0  edition. can any one or microsoft can
help me out for the procedure to editing or deleting a journal entry in great
plains. i am encountering this problem since a long time and needs quick
retrieval for the same. i would be thankful to you if you make the procedure
available for me.
0
harsh (1)

You won't like this but your best option is to upgrade to 8.0 or 9.0.
8.0 introduced the ability to undo a posted JE while maintaining audit
control.

Without a 3rd party and wthout an upgrade, your best option is to enter
a correcting or adjusting journal entry. If the entry is very large,
you can use smartlists to export the problem entry to Excel, make your
adjustments (like switching debits and credits) and import it back in.
You'll need Integration Manager or another import tool to import the
changes back in.

Mark (mark@dynamicaccounting.net)

harsh wrote:
> i am using microsoft great plains 7.0  edition. can any one or microsoft can
> help me out for the procedure to editing or deleting a journal entry in great
> plains. i am encountering this problem since a long time and needs quick
> retrieval for the same. i would be thankful to you if you make the procedure
> available for me.

0
mpolino (496)

"keyboard shortcut" and "delete line"
In Word 2007, is there a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to delete all words till the end of a line? Till the end of a sentence? On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:36:06 -0800, Maisieb <Maisieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word 2007, is there a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to delete all >words till the end of a line? Till the end of a sentence? There is no single command that does either of those things, so there isn't any shortcut. However, you can install these two macros (http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm) and then assign a shortcut to ...

Home Sale / Loan Payoff Adjusting Entries
I've refinanced my house and need to close out the loan. I keep my books balanced to the penny and this is driving me crazy. If you can explain why this makes sense or a better method, please do. When closing out the loan, you have the following... 1) Final Regular Payment, 2) New Interest from the last payment to the date of closing, and 3) Various Fees (such as recording, fax, funding, etc) that are added into the loan balance and 4) Escrow balance, which may be subtracted from the loan balance. In the end, the title company nets these values and writes a single check. On...

Delete Fields?
Hi, When I delete a post by buttom code then I see that all fields labeled with "Remove" word instead of being empty (space), I am looking for a suggestion may be a modification in the VB code in MS Access 2007, I do after the removing oparation Me.Refresh code but it still showing "Remove". And when I add DoCmd.Requery code it shows another post which I don't want to see it. May I add "goto" function, in order to go to new empty post? If that is the solution so how may I do that? Thank you. After the delete code's last step, try putting this as the...

How do I remove a .PST file from Outlook2003... that has already been physically deleted... COMPLETELY?!
Microsoft Outlook2003 (Upgrade version - from Outlook2000) Hi I cant get MS Outlook to 'forget' a .PST file! Background I have been moving .PST files around and have even managed to upgrade my my mailbox.pst file to the new Outlook2003 format. I thus have a whole new ..PST file into which I have dragged all my emails (using Control/drag for some mysterious reason but it seemed to work!). My new .PST file which is called "Personal_Folders.pst" is the default file for everything. But when I came to let go of the old mailbox.pst file, which shows up as "My Personal Fo...

outlook journals
Does anyone use the journal feature in outlook to jot notes down on a contact? I have used this feature and at some point I believe an archive has either deleted or hidden older notes in my journals. Any ideas as to if journal notes dissappear after a certain point or if the archiving feature in outlook does something to old journal entries? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, ...

problem with new and delete
Hi Inside a function function1 I am writing this line _bstr_t *linkText5=new _bstr_t[15]; this function is calling function2 where I am assigning a _bstr_t valuuto linkText5 like this linkText5[0]=pChild- >text; again in function1 i am writing this line delete [] linkText5; But I am getting exception which is unhandled,If I comment the line linkText5[0]=pChild- >text; then it is exception free.Why?Am I wri...

deleting the repeating content
hi, I have some name like this To Jimm Jimm And And How to delete to repeating name, turning them into To Jimm And Thanks. Try Advanced Filter, there is a good tutorial here http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards, "ZR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E05172F-00A7-4392-848B-D7CBA8636620@microsoft.com... > hi, I have some name like this: > > Tom > Jimmy > Jimmy > Andy > Andy > > How to delete to repeating name, turning them into: > > Tom > Jimmy > Andy > > Thanks. Hi see: http://www.cpear...

Reg entry to tell Outlook to print link not download?
I have been told there is a registry setting in Outlook 2000 and beyond that will configure Outlook to print the link of images which would otherwise have to be downloaded. I understand in versions of Outlook > 2000 there is an option in Outlook directly to not download images. I only have OL 2000 at present time. I have searched and found that OL registry settings are largely undocumented so I was hoping that I could find the answer in the ethereal world. TIA JO ...

Is there a way of using EM_STREAMIN to load a file into a rich edit control of another application?
Greetings!! This is my post to this group, so please make me aware if I don't follow the proper etiquette :-) Question: Is there a way of using EM_STREAMIN to load a file into a rich edit control of another application? What I really need to do: I need to load a file into a RICHEDIT20A control of another application (lets call that application RichTextEditor). The RichTextEditor application does not provide support to "load a file" but does provide support for "copy" and "paste" operations. What I have already tried: A) I have written an MFC dialog applic...

Multiple Tender entries
Just throwing this out there in case anyone can give me a point in the right directtion. I am building utility that that ties into RMS. Basically it is a cheque register. I launch the utility, enter a cheque value, feed the cheque into a slip printer and it imprints date and value on the back. End user will have multiple cheques for a given transaction. This part is working fine. When I am done in the cheque register the utility takes the total value of the cheques and has that already showing on the cheque tender line when you open the Tender screen. Below is the code snippit we are us...

Deleting the (blank) cell out of a Pivot Table
I'm trying to delete the cell that reads "(blank)" on a Pivot Table, I have tried every possible setting(except for your advice)and I cant achieve this setting. I'm trying to print the pivot table as a table and I don't want to see the "(blank)" cell written. Thank you for your help! Kevin. You could hide the (blank) entries with conditional formatting: 1. Select the cells in the pivot table 2. Choose Format>Conditional Formatting 3. Leave the first dropdown as Cell Value Is 4. From the centre dropdown, choose Equal to 5. In the text box, type (Blank) 6...

windows journal hangs/ freezes when scrolling down
I am using journal with win vista and 7. Each time when i scroll down a few page in journal, it will hand and not respond. THIS ONLY HAPPEN TO PARTICULAR FILES ESP WHEN THE FILE SIZE IS BIGGER THAN 1mb ...

Journal
What does the Ck in Journal do? I know it is check but check what? Where are you seeing this? I just took a look around the Journal and didn't see a "Ck". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Linda Kay Alkire" <lalkire@absc.org> wrote in message news:2a2e01c36811$02b22d30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > What does the Ck in Journal do? I know it is check but > check what? ...

Using Journal to record daily tasks
Does anyone know how to make new journal entry types default to "task" instead of to "phone call?" Thanks, Marti ...

Not able to Edit/Delete in Visio from PowerPoint layout
I am having trouble editing or deleting text or graphics from my powerpoint layout. I can add stencils to the layout but when I go to select all or sub select a graphic the handles only show up around the whole drawing and when I hit delete it deletes everything but the new stencils I added. I was under the impresion that I could copy and paste from any drawing into Visio. I can print layout in Visio with added stencils but I just cannot edit or add text. Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Scoop are you doing a paste special and then pasting it as a pow...

Deleted workflow still running
Hi, I have a CRM 4.0 (test) environment. In this environment a workflow was unplished but this kept running, because we were not able to publish this workflow again we deleted the workflow. Unfortunately the workflow is still running and sending e-mails. How can I delete this workflow from the database? Kind regards, Mirella Multiple organizations? Pluging? "Mirella" <Mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7822842-E06D-4E8A-8D14-3C8FA0BE83C9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a CRM 4.0 (test) environment. In this environment a workflow was ...

Sum up userform entries
This will turn out to be a foolish question, but I have to ask... I have a userform with 7 textboxes for users to enter values in. The values are limited to 5 characters and are meant to represent working hours, e.g '8', '4.25' or '10.5'. When one of the textbox-values changes, the values in the boxes are summed up. This works for whole numbers, but when decimal numbers are entered, they seem to get rounded automatically. Thus, two entries of '2' and '2.25' would total up to '4', wheras '2' and '2.6' would give '5'. I nee...

Retrieving Deleted Emails.........
I cannot fiugre out how to retrieve emails that have been deleted from my Deleted Items folder. I do not have the function "Retrieve Deleted Items" on my toolbar. Help anyone? Robert Boozer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot fiugre out how to retrieve emails that have been > deleted from my Deleted Items folder. I do not have the > function "Retrieve Deleted Items" on my toolbar. Help > anyone? The "Retrieve Deleted Items" item exists only when the mailbox is on an Exchange server. If you don't use Exchange, see ht...

Payables Transaction Entry Error
when the save button is clicked, payable transaction entry increases one of the distribution entries by the multiples of the initial amount. Below is a more detailed listing for the error: Please I need help Urgently: System: 3/29/2005 11:07:42 AM Fabrikam, Inc. Page: 1 User Date: 4/12/2007 PAYABLES TRANSACTION EDIT LIST User ID: sa Payables Management * Intercompany Transaction Batch ID: ...

Cannot see/edit certain section headers
I am using Word 2007. Section 28 has page number 2 and should be continuous numbering. When I edit the headers, however, and click Previous, it goes from section 28 back to section 25 and the other way from 25 to 28. The header that restarts numbering seems to be between the two. However I cannot see it to edit it since it is skipped. If I select show codes and go to section 28, then backspace past the section break next page, and then edit the headers, it again puts me into section 25. Thanks for any help, Dale In case it helps, the sequence I have is looking at show cod...

HOW DO I DELETE NUMBERS IN A COLUMN out of each cell
I have a list of part numbers in a column, over 5000, and I need to change it while keeping other information in tact. For example 1025-00-128-5463 (Each of these numbers are in a cell which totals 1025-00-255-5656 5000. They are listed in a column.) 1025-00-233-5666 I need to delete the first four numbers and all the dash marks so they will look like this 001285463 002555656 002335666 If I tried to do this individually I would waste a lot of time. Please help and remember I am new to this program. Any help would be sincerely appreciated Thanks Dave ...

Help Journal Names
I use the Journal all the time to help track what I'm doing For journaling items such as excel files, and word documents, it would preferable to show just the name of the document rather than the full path to the document (which appears on mouse-hover anyway). My paths tend to be long, so the only way I can find the name of the document is to mouse over. Anybody know if there is a way to just display the document name - without the path information? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

Edit Union Query??
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a Union Query that is writable? I have two tables for parts shipped, spares and repair. After they have shipped, serial #'s are entered on one main page. I would like them all to be in one datasheet rather than two to make things less confusing. Maybe I'm just going about this the wrong way by doing a Union, but don't know any other option. here is my query as of now (that is not a writable format): SELECT MultipleOrderID, PartNumber, SerialNumber FROM MultipleOrderParts UNION ALL SELECT MultipleOrderID...

journal not there
Hi, Odd one. One of my users can't see his journal, it's enabled and logging things correctly as I can open it from my pc and see everything, and other poeple can also open it and view it. He can't see his journal on any pc if he logs in to it. He doesn't have a roaming profile. Any ideas? ...

Cannot disable password entry
Upon launch of program cannot get 2004 to not promt me for a password. Would prefer not to have to enter. Only user. In microsoft.public.money, Audrey wrote: >Upon launch of program cannot get 2004 to not promt me for >a password. Would prefer not to have to enter. Only user. See File->PasswordManager ...