Item Receiving in IV10200 #2

We are experiencing the same issue except the difference in cost being
assigned to the 1 item is dramatically different than the other units that
are at the correct cost.  Any idea where I should look to find a setup issue
that might be causing this?

Joel

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> This is by design to handle costs that cannot be evenly divided by the
> quantity within the number of decimals defined.  For example, if you purchase
> 10 items and pay 11 cents total, ten will be received at one penny and one at
> two pennies (assuming that only 2 decimals are allowed in the cost).
>
> This is especially problematic when lots are in use as it will split a lot.
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "alaadin" wrote:
>
> > Dears,
> >
> > We have a case here, when receiving shipment for a sales item; whatever the
> > QTY equals, the system always divide it to two rows in table IV10200, for
> > example we are receiving QTY of 50, we get one row with QTY of 49 and one row
> > with QTY of 1 in table IV10200 with same receipt number and a little change
> > in unit cost between the two rows while it's one row in receiving transaction
> > entry screen . same time if we want to use the Adjust Cost Utility we found
> > the same result, the receipt divided to two rows !
> >
> > We're using average cost.
> >
> > Any justification for this behavior.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alaa

I solved my own problem.  What created the problem was that everything after
the tenths decimal place (when you divide the total dollars by the total
quantity being added to inventory) was being multiplied by the total quantity
and added to the last item.  The higher the quantity and partial cents, the
greater the variance of the cost between the last item and the others in the
same purchase.

"Joel.Minton" wrote:

> We are experiencing the same issue except the difference in cost being
> assigned to the 1 item is dramatically different than the other units that
> are at the correct cost.  Any idea where I should look to find a setup issue
> that might be causing this?
>
> Joel
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > This is by design to handle costs that cannot be evenly divided by the
> > quantity within the number of decimals defined.  For example, if you purchase
> > 10 items and pay 11 cents total, ten will be received at one penny and one at
> > two pennies (assuming that only 2 decimals are allowed in the cost).
> >
> > This is especially problematic when lots are in use as it will split a lot.
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "alaadin" wrote:
> >
> > > Dears,
> > >
> > > We have a case here, when receiving shipment for a sales item; whatever the
> > > QTY equals, the system always divide it to two rows in table IV10200, for
> > > example we are receiving QTY of 50, we get one row with QTY of 49 and one row
> > > with QTY of 1 in table IV10200 with same receipt number and a little change
> > > in unit cost between the two rows while it's one row in receiving transaction
> > > entry screen . same time if we want to use the Adjust Cost Utility we found
> > > the same result, the receipt divided to two rows !
> > >
> > > We're using average cost.
> > >
> > > Any justification for this behavior.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Alaa

rev level in item inquiry
We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry screen. It would just link to the revision level field in the item engineering data screen. Currently a user with only inquiry access can not see what revision a part is supposed to be. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

dictionary->(item, item, item); Can dictionary point to an array in VBA?
Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? Can you do something like that in code? Dim oDict as new Scripting.Dictionary oDict.Add "key_value", Array("foo", "bar") Tim "cate" <catebekensail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f4b847e-eba7-487c-ac86-749d217dcc7e@b30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? > > Can you do something like that in code? ...

Test Message #2
This is a test message asked for by Microsoft to see if my account is working. Thanks, nick Sorry we can not see it. mt "Nick @ REAL" <NickREAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE718712-7481-4764-8241-BD5F7452E14C@microsoft.com... > This is a test message asked for by Microsoft to see if my account is > working. > > Thanks, > nick ...

VS2005... #2
Stupid question maybe - does VS2005 have full mfc capabilities? If I'm comfortable with VC++ 6.0 will there be any changes I have to make in the way I write code (unmanaged that is)? Also, is it possible to use C++ .dll's for web applications? Or anything written in VC++ for that matter? ...

Meeting Request Received as Message
Hi, We are due to change all mail routing from x.400 to SMTP, during our testing we have discovered that when a meeting request is sent from our Exchange Site to another Exchange Site the meeting request is converted into a standard email, the recipient is unable to accept the meeting and must enter the meeting request manually. We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4, with MS Outlook 2002 client. Any ideas? 177018 XFOR: Meeting Requests Sent Over Internet Mail Service Need Rich Text http://support.microsoft.com/?id=177018 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is pr...

Edit message in MS Outlook #2
Hi Does anyone know anything about this.... User can edit any message in his/her Outlook and then save it without anyone know that the message was changed. Is there any mechanism build in Outlook that I can verify if message was changed in any way? Regards, Miha "Miha" <miha.bernik@email.si> wrote in message news:306FC30B-CA41-4CAB-A2A3-6F11E9E1EA36@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Does anyone know anything about this.... User can edit any message in > his/her Outlook and then save it without anyone know that the message was > changed. Is there any mechanism b...

Listbox Delete multiple items
Hello. I'm trying to create a vba routine to delete items from a listbox. This is a multiselect listbox and what is happening is that i select several items and the code only removes the first item. When the first item is deleted, all of the other selected items became unselected. I post the code i'm using bellow. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks, Luis Private Sub RemoveItem_btn_Click() If Listbox_1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = Listbox_1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If Listbox_1.Selected(i) Then Listbox_1.Remove...

Sent Items issue
When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. T On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:41:04 -0800, ctdude wrote: > When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items > folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted > as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account(s)? What is the error th...

Item
Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib Ivan, What are Inc and Ex costs and are you asking for more custom fields or do you really mean customer fields? -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:Oo9hLB4%23FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib In places like Australia retailers prefer to see the cost of an item including tax as well as Excluding. So that quoting ite...

Why there are 2 icons?
When my WLM is opened there are 2 icons at the bottom of the screen: one is in the bottom taskbar and the second one in the systray. Why do I need those 2 icons? That is not the same as the other Windows programs. jas "jastrzebiec" <jastrzebiec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E5D97E7-7734-493C-99D6-EA218775E017@microsoft.com... > When my WLM is opened there are 2 icons at the bottom of the screen: > one is in the bottom taskbar and the second one in the systray. > Why do I need those 2 icons? > That is not the same as the other Window...

x.400 connector #2
Hi, I've migrated accounts from 5.5 to 2003 AD. I have 2 exch 5.5 sites, I've migrated only one. Now I can send emails from the AD accounts to the remote site (the one not being migrated yet), but not the other way around. If I try to send an email from the nt account, second site, i get an NDR: A non-delivery report (reason code directory-operation-unsuccessful and diagnostic code Omit any diagnostic code) is being generated for message C=US;A= ;P=ORG_NAME;L=EXCHSRVR-050303203411Z-3273. It was originally destined for DN:/o=ORG_NAME/ou=SITE1/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=Cland§ (recipient ...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...

Three items, column and line chart
I have data for the quarter that looks like this: PRODUCT LINE Jan Forecast Jan Actual Jan % of Fcst PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS 2,921,347 2,017,000 69% I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a secondary axes as the %. Is this possible? I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual bar. TIA, Carole O Hi Carole - Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, ...

auto reply when attchment is received
I want to know if there is a way to set up an auto-reply, much like the out of office reply, that only reply to emails that contain attachments only. Create a rule that has the condition of attachment. Note that messages with images in the signatures or stationery may trigger the rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-N...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

How do I print 2 publications on one landscape page?
Hi! This may sound really dumb but Im trying to print the same publication twice on one landscape page but everything I try seems to show on a small section of the publication like its the actual item thats too big? please can someone heeeeelp! What version Publisher? In 2003 or 02, page setup, check landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. In 2007 it is more convoluted. In page setup, click Advanced on the right. On the Layout type, select Multiple pages per sheet. Type, 5.5 width, 8.5 height. In the Target sheet size select custom...

Deleting Send/Receive Status
One of our mailboxes apparently has an email that is trying to download (1.72KB) and although I cancel it, the same email tries to download each time I log on - often taking 15+ minutes to get to 1.72 KB but no data is received. Anyway to stop this action? Thanks. ...

Send & Receive no longer works... HELP!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I see someone else asked the same question awhile but no replies. I also had to do a database rebuild and now my email won't check every x minutes (I looked through the preferences and can't see how to reactivate that) and Send &amp; Receive All is grayed out, so I have to manually select each one. <br><br>Diane Ross is my Entourage goddess and I see she is still at it. I imagine you looking like Diana Ross helping people with all their email probs in between songs. &...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

Outlook 2007 Crashing during Send/Receive
Within the past few days, Outlook 2007 has started to crash during the send/receive function. I have XP Professional 2002 SP 3 installed. Has anyone else experiened this issue and any suggestions what I need to do to fix it? If you do a search, you'll find this recent development is widespread. Exactly your symptom--start Outlook, then during the initial send/receive, the program crashes. You restart Outlook, and it happens again. If I restart my computer, that usually fixes the problem for that session. -- Bill "ChrisD" wrote: > Within the past f...

Other Items Bought with a particular item
Hi all- Extensive heavy-duty user of RMS and regular custom-creator of reports, but can't seem to find a way to manage this one. I have item XYZ and I've identified it as not a highly profitable item, but possibly an item that my customers purchase alongside other higher margin products. The item has hundreds of movements in the Movement History report. How can I run a report to show either: a.) The total sales ticket value of all transactions which include XYZ item. -or- b.) A list of other items (along with cost and sold price) which were purchased over a set period along ...

Online Updates #2
Just installed Money 2004. Setup online services. Told it NOT to download any old transactions. All of the sudden a few days later, when I do a online update it tells me I have several transactions to look at. When I go to the account, it don't show any new transactions. Whats up with that? In microsoft.public.money, S. Proctor wrote: >Just installed Money 2004. Setup online services. Told >it NOT to download any old transactions. All of the >sudden a few days later, when I do a online update it >tells me I have several transactions to look at. When I >...

picture box #2
hi, i actually want to display the image in picture box and does not wants its scope to be destroyed.i want to do this only in vc++6 and does not want to do with any third party tools.how can i do it? thanks a lot to Ajay kalra for a very great support given to this group. thanks in advance susi. The MSDN link I mentioned would work for you. It shows how to put picture in a static control(A picture box is a static control). In the example shown, IDC_IMAGE is a static control on a dialog. As far as GDI+ is concerned, it is not a 3rd party library. Microsoft ships it and it works with V...

if all items in listbox are the same
access 2003 On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ie all ST or all IT... If they are the same then Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.optHP.Visible = True Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.FrameElem_Label.Visible = True -- deb On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:38:01 -0700, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access 2003 > >On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). > >How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ...

Items not in sent items folder
I am running Outlook 2000 and when trying to email directly from Word using File --> Send --> as Attachment, the email goes through, but does not show up in my Sent Items folder. I checked the box in Options to save messages in sent items. Any ideas? ...