item created date for copied items

We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items.  To
make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function.
Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the
copied item's created date).  Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity
Tracking.

It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the
NEW item was copied off an old item.  It is important for us to run reports
off Created Date.  It is also important for us to see who created the NEW
item in case there are data entry errors.

Thank you.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=443f56ea-d757-413f-bf58-725a78c19aca&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
GPINC (39)

Referencing a date as text
In sheet 1 of a spreadsheet I use there is a cell that gives the current date as "MMM-YY" ("Oct-04", for example). In the second sheet I refer to this cell with the formula {=Sheet1!A1}, which gives me the date. What I want to do is concatenate that date with the word " files" but entering the formula as {=Sheet1!A1&" files"} converts the date to its absolute number (such as "38621" or whatever). I've tried using the "TEXT" function but I don't know what to put in as the second (format_text) parameter. How do I fo...

Create an event at Ring0 level
Hi, whats the way of creating an event at Ring0 level.I am using Win 98 OS.So far i have got the information to create event at ring3 and convert it to ring0 event.But i don't want to do that.I need to create event at ring0 level.How to do that. Plz reply. regds vinay ...

Sent Items issue
When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. T On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:41:04 -0800, ctdude wrote: > When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items > folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted > as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account(s)? What is the error th...

cannot create new message
I am not able to create a message or reply to an existing message in Outlook 2000. All boxes are greyed and the menu-items cannot be accessed. I experience this problem in all Office application which means that I cannot create a new Word-document, PP-document, Excel-file..... who can help? When did this stop working and what did you do just prior to it not working? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After se...

Listbox Delete multiple items
Hello. I'm trying to create a vba routine to delete items from a listbox. This is a multiselect listbox and what is happening is that i select several items and the code only removes the first item. When the first item is deleted, all of the other selected items became unselected. I post the code i'm using bellow. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks, Luis Private Sub RemoveItem_btn_Click() If Listbox_1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = Listbox_1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If Listbox_1.Selected(i) Then Listbox_1.Remove...

Keeping hidden columns HIDDEN in a copy-and-paste
Is there any way to keep columns hidden when they are copied from one spreadsheet and pasted into another? I have a master spreadsheet from which groups of rows are being copied into a number of individual spreadsheets. There are certain columns that are hidden in the master, and I want to KEEP those columns in the individual spreadsheet spreadsheets, but leave them hidden when I do the paste. Is there a way to avoid having to re-hide the appropriate columns every time I paste? Similarly, is there a way to maintain the column widths of the original when pasting? Thanks much. -----...

rev level in item inquiry
We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry screen. It would just link to the revision level field in the item engineering data screen. Currently a user with only inquiry access can not see what revision a part is supposed to be. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

dictionary->(item, item, item); Can dictionary point to an array in VBA?
Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? Can you do something like that in code? Dim oDict as new Scripting.Dictionary oDict.Add "key_value", Array("foo", "bar") Tim "cate" <catebekensail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f4b847e-eba7-487c-ac86-749d217dcc7e@b30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? > > Can you do something like that in code? ...

Formatting the Date in Header/Footer
Hi When using the Date tab in either the header or the footer, the date is displayed as: 21/11/03. Is there any way to insert a custom date into the header. I have to insert the date as: 21 November 2003. I have tried: &(Date/dd mmmm yyyy) but no such luck. Any help would be most welcome. Thanking you in advance. Regards Sue I think you'll need a macro: Right click on the Excel Icon to the left of the worksheet menubar (File|edit|View...) and select view code: Paste this in: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Worksheets("s...

Creating e-mail style newsletter
I currently have a very nicely laid out newsletter done in Publisher 2002. I am familiar with HTML and CSS; plus have Studio MX. I know that I can save my newletter as a Web Page but this creates a lot of excess coding. What would be the best way to go about this process? Yes, the newsletter will be in HTML & CSS (no javascript) and have one image that is 600x171. The image is used as a logo. I seperated the Publisher's name and publication info, so the image isn't critical. -- Sincerely, Barry Brindisi Web: http://www.shorevineyard.com http://www.bethberakah.c...

Item
Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib Ivan, What are Inc and Ex costs and are you asking for more custom fields or do you really mean customer fields? -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:Oo9hLB4%23FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib In places like Australia retailers prefer to see the cost of an item including tax as well as Excluding. So that quoting ite...

Date range
1)Then Money calculate the date from 1st to the end of the month. What if I receive my pay on the 25th of every month ? How do I change the date to start from 25th to 24th of the following month so that during the budget and income entry, the balance still continue when the data crosses from 31th to 1st of the following month. 2)After deleting the transaction from the "Bill and deposit " option, how come the calander below still highlight the date on the trasaction after I had deleted it. Please assist Thanks 1) You don't. There is no way in Money to set the financial ...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

How can I get headers to copy in charts?
I made one imbedded chart, then copied it to make a similatrsecond chart; however, the header and footer from the first chart did not carry over to the second chart. How can I avoid redoing the headers and footers in copied charts? What exactly do you mean by headers and footers? Are they print headers and footers, or are they the top column to be used as series names? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel...

Copying & Pasting
All of a sudden when I try to copy a sheet 1 from a workbook A to workbook B sheet 1 it will not let me with out pulling up the office clip board and it never used to do this. I used to be able to just highlight, right click, and hit copy then go to the other workbook, right click, and hit paste. Also it will not copy the formulas over just the values. Any suggestions why? Not the same instance of Excel? -- p45cal *p45cal* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=5...

How to Locate a registry entry created by Windows Installer
Hello, I have created an application that is installed using Windows Installer 4.5 As th installation runs, the User is prompted for a Serail Number. The Serial Number is saved by WI in the registry. When I use RegEdit, I can search the registry and I can find the value. It is in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\UserData\Products\something that looks like a GUID\InstallProperties\ProductID My question really is, how can I locate the GUID so that I can read the ProducID value from the proper Registry entry? I have used Orca to open the MSI, but I can not see the GUID anywhere with...

Three items, column and line chart
I have data for the quarter that looks like this: PRODUCT LINE Jan Forecast Jan Actual Jan % of Fcst PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS 2,921,347 2,017,000 69% I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a secondary axes as the %. Is this possible? I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual bar. TIA, Carole O Hi Carole - Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, ...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

Creating a floorplan to scale?
What's the best way to create a floorplan to scale with MS Office? With Visio... A draw program will have better tools for scaling. Free program here http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "clewis2" <clewis2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:963B6B22-3CCF-43B0-B0E5-56BA1CA731A8@microsoft.com... > What's the best way to create a floorplan to scale with MS Office? The only real option is Visio but I suspect you don't have it. It's not included with any of the Office suites and most folks who own the &g...

Date changes in data
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column which is required. The spreadsheet is then uploaded for a conversion into another software product we use. This date column is only for the year. When we enter the date such as 2010 and format the column as custom, yyyy, it will change the date to 1905. We have tried changing the format to text, general, all with the same outcome. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb 2010 is not a date. Excel treats it as the serial number for the date of July 02, 1905 which is 2009 days after 1/1/1900 Why not just leave 2010 as is with no formatting?...

Creating a specific form
Is it possible to create a form to enter data so that it ends up like this in the table: Ice Sports (tab) hockey Ice Sports (tab) figure skating Ice Sports (tab) speed skating Skiing Sports (tab) cross country skiing Skiing Sports (tab) downhill skiing Skiing Sports (tab) ski jumping but so I only have to type each category once (cause some of them have a bajillion sports in that category), and then type all the sports In that category? So the form looks something like this: Ice Sports hockey figure skating speed skating and I end up typing the word "Ice Sports&q...

Other Items Bought with a particular item
Hi all- Extensive heavy-duty user of RMS and regular custom-creator of reports, but can't seem to find a way to manage this one. I have item XYZ and I've identified it as not a highly profitable item, but possibly an item that my customers purchase alongside other higher margin products. The item has hundreds of movements in the Movement History report. How can I run a report to show either: a.) The total sales ticket value of all transactions which include XYZ item. -or- b.) A list of other items (along with cost and sold price) which were purchased over a set period along ...