Is there a way to import Tax Details and Tax Schedules

I've got a list of about 300 Tax Schedules to enter into Dynamics GP 9.0.
All of these have a combination of CITY, COUNTY and STATE tax details.

I'm familiar with Integration Manager but I could not find a suitable
destination to use.

Is there a way to import this information instead of manual data entry?

Is there a way to copy the tax details and schedules from one company to
another?

Thanks in advance.

....Steve

The Tax Details are stored in the Sales/Purchases Tax Master (TX00201) table.
you can use table Import or SQL tools to import the data easily.

The Tax Schedules are stored in the Sales/Purchases Tax Schedule Master
(TX00102) and the Sales/Purchases Tax Schedule Header Master(TX00101).

You may also import directly to these tables.  The tables are stored in the
company database.  Copying between companies would just entail exporting the
data from one company and importing it into the other.

"Steven Church" wrote:

> I've got a list of about 300 Tax Schedules to enter into Dynamics GP 9.0.
> All of these have a combination of CITY, COUNTY and STATE tax details.
>
> I'm familiar with Integration Manager but I could not find a suitable
> destination to use.
>
> Is there a way to import this information instead of manual data entry?
>
> Is there a way to copy the tax details and schedules from one company to
> another?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ...Steve
0
LeslieVail (702)
3/17/2007 11:10:03 PM
Many thanks Leslie.  That did the trick!

....Steve

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> The Tax Details are stored in the Sales/Purchases Tax Master (TX00201) table.
> you can use table Import or SQL tools to import the data easily.
>
> The Tax Schedules are stored in the Sales/Purchases Tax Schedule Master
> (TX00102) and the Sales/Purchases Tax Schedule Header Master(TX00101).
>
> You may also import directly to these tables.  The tables are stored in the
> company database.  Copying between companies would just entail exporting the
> data from one company and importing it into the other.
>
> "Steven Church" wrote:
>
> > I've got a list of about 300 Tax Schedules to enter into Dynamics GP 9.0.
> > All of these have a combination of CITY, COUNTY and STATE tax details.
> >
> > I'm familiar with Integration Manager but I could not find a suitable
> > destination to use.
> >
> > Is there a way to import this information instead of manual data entry?
> >
> > Is there a way to copy the tax details and schedules from one company to
> > another?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > ...Steve

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

A way to create sub-categories?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Import blocked sender lists
Outlook allows users to build a list of blocked senders. These lists can be exported to .txt file. Is there any way to import them into Exchanges blocked sender list? TIA Steve ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Import into Outlook from Folder
Hi all Is there a free tool that is available for importing messages from a folder into Microsoft Outlook 2002? We have had computer problems, and have finally decided to move over to outlook from outlook express. We copied the sub-folders in outlook express into new folders in my computer, but trying to copy 4000 e- mails into outlook gives error messages. Every so often during this process the explorer process will terminate, leaving us totally confused as to where we finished. We are running XP Home Service pack 2. PLEASE HELP!!! H@mst3r H@mst3r wrote: > Hi all > > Is there...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Scheduling Parts by Date and Quantity
Hi, I am hoping to get some help with the attached file. I need to look up the information in Sheet1 (A4:C12) and post the amounts for the corresponding part numbers in the correct column by date. Please advise what formula or combination of formulas will do this. Thank you in advance, Chas Attachment filename: excel help.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=385470 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have a look at Data>Pivot Table. It will do what you want, if I understand the problem. As it is, it appea...

Import error: import value cannot be null. parameter name: format
Hi all, I have just completed a swing migration and am trying to import my dynamics crm organisation but receive the following error: import value cannot be null. parameter name: format has anyone come across this before or know of a way to fix it? Thanks Tom ...

importing 'emails' similiar to importing contacts, etc.
In Outlook, there is an import/export feature....I've always imported and exported my contacts from a database, not a big deal...anyway, is there a way to import emails that I want to send out? For example, if I set up an Excel spreadsheet with column A would be someones email address and column b would contain their address, etc. can I do that? In other words, I want to import emails to be sent out....I know there is a way to use Word to do that, but then my anti-virus thinks something is being sent outside of Outlook, I know the errors,..... brad Try this - move one mail to ...

Import scanned numbers into excel
How can I take a hadcopy of a preadsheet (or any document with numbers on it), scan it and create a soft copy, and then import it into a new Excel spreadsheet? What software (free/share) would I need to obtain? Hi, UN-SCAN-IT (www.silkscientific.com) I haven't used the software, but have seen its brochure and. I believe, it can do your job. Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "acp20770" wrote: > How can I take a hadcopy of a preadsheet (or any document with numbers on > it), scan it and create a soft copy, and then import it into a new Excel > spreadsheet? What softwar...

importing dilemma
I have data from one access DB that has an autonumber Primary Key. It's been exported to Excel so that it can be transferred to another Access DB that has the same table and the same autonumber PK. When I try to import into the second DB, I get an error message about the duplicate PKs. I tried to export all the data without the primary key, thinking that it would auto assign a PK when imported to the second DB, but received an error there as well. What is the best way around this problem? Any assistance - as soon as possible -would be appreciated. You should be able to do it b...

can publisher 2010 import pdf files?
does the new 'beta' publisher 2010, import pdf files? I may download the beta to try, however if it does not import pdf files, it has very limited use for me & I will not bother. Publishers inability to import pdf files in the 2007 version has relegated it to 'amature' software status in my mind, as it's rivals, such as serif page plus have been able to do so for some time now. Serious desktop publishing software in the 21st century unable to work with a now de-facto standard document format is unacceptable. Feel better now? "white61" <white...

tax can not change
Any one come across this situation You go to manager -database-item-properties Change the tax id = none Select ok Re-open and the tax is still assigned rms ver 2.0.0105 Administrator account With all access ? thanks "hozay" <hozay@jmmpr.com> wrote in message news:46D59D16-77DE-4139-AF9A-182178DD7D60@microsoft.com... > Any one come across this situation > You go to manager -database-item-properties > Change the tax id = none > Select ok > Re-open and the tax is still assigned > rms ver 2.0.0105 > Administrator account > With all acce...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Wrong date of sent messages imported in Outlook2003 from OE6
Hi all, I've just installed office 2003 and I would use outlook 2003 for email instead of OE6. Finalizing the installation phase, outlook imported all email accounts, address book and email messages from OE. My problem is that the date of all sent messages was set to the date of the import (today) instead of the original one. The date of all received messages has been correctly imported. Anybody knows how can I fix this? many thanks Max It is a result of importing - importing will always lose the received date, along with other items if importing an Outlook.pst file. --� Milly Stapl...

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Money 2005 Advisor FYI Important dates
I setup Important dates under Advisor FYI in Money 2005. I have a window with Advisor FYI (All) on my Home page of Money. Alerts doesn't seem to work. Advisor FYI window is empty. What is wrong? Thanks for help! Simon Important dates should appear in the 'Important dates' customizable pane on the Money Home Page, so you'll need to add that one on to see them. AFAIK it's not on the advisor FYI pane -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Using Integration Manager Import GL Journal with Exchange rates
Hi, Has anyone imported a GL Journal using Integration Manager with foreign currency exchange rates? I would appriciate any help on this. I want to be able to import a GL Journal with following coloumns. I get stuck at the currency exchange rate column!! Here is the example of my spreadsheet I am using. A/C CODE, DATE, AMOUNT, REFERENCE, CURRENCY ID, Exchange rate 01-01-10 01/0105 10.00 TEST USD 1.6 Kind Regards J Paul. jogi.paul@vortexsystems.co.uk Try this and let me know if it works: "In Integration Manager | Destinat...

Importing excel contacts into Outlook
Getting ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed message saying 'Could not find installable ISAM' when I try to import an excel worksheet with contact details. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and that hasn't helped. In windows/system32 have file msexcl40.dll and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\ACEEXCL.DLL exists. ...

Master detail report
I am trying to figure out how to show all rows from a master table even if the detail table does not have records for some rows. Lydia, You left out quite a bit of detail, but I'm guessing that you are trying to build either a query or report from a master and detail table. When you join the two tables, you want do a Left Join where you include all records from the master table and only those records from the detail table where the joined fields are equal". You need to build a query and join the two tables. The SQL should look like: SELECT tblClass.ClassNo, tbl...