is there a way to disable outlook globally

I would like to run a script against each company that would disable out look
on the homepage. This script would have the same effect as if I whet in and
changed it manually. Or is there a dex.ini setting? I did check out the two
post you have on your site but they did not offer a solution.
0
2020 (110)

This is the script I used to do just that:

UPDATE  DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
SET  Visible = 0
FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
WHERE   COLNUMBR = 1
        AND SEQNUMBR = 3
        AND Visible = 1
        --AND USERID = 'dpatrick' -- uncomment this if you want to do it
only for a specific user
        AND SectionID = 2

- Dave

"2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to run a script against each company that would disable out
>look
> on the homepage. This script would have the same effect as if I whet in
> and
> changed it manually. Or is there a dex.ini setting? I did check out the
> two
> post you have on your site but they did not offer a solution.

Awsome; thanks David.

"David E. Patrick" wrote:

> This is the script I used to do just that:
>
> UPDATE  DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
> SET  Visible = 0
> FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
> WHERE   COLNUMBR = 1
>         AND SEQNUMBR = 3
>         AND Visible = 1
>         --AND USERID = 'dpatrick' -- uncomment this if you want to do it
> only for a specific user
>         AND SectionID = 2
>
> - Dave
>
> "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to run a script against each company that would disable out
> >look
> > on the homepage. This script would have the same effect as if I whet in
> > and
> > changed it manually. Or is there a dex.ini setting? I did check out the
> > two
> > post you have on your site but they did not offer a solution.

0
2020 (110)
3/21/2008 6:46:03 PM
Just remember to re-run this script each time you add a new user.

------
Robert

> Awsome; thanks David.
>
> "David E. Patrick" wrote:
>
>> This is the script I used to do just that:
>>
>> UPDATE  DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
>> SET  Visible = 0
>> FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
>> WHERE   COLNUMBR = 1
>>         AND SEQNUMBR = 3
>>         AND Visible = 1
>>         --AND USERID = 'dpatrick' -- uncomment this if you want to do it
>> only for a specific user
>>         AND SectionID = 2
>>
>> - Dave
>>
>> "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to run a script against each company that would disable out
>> >look
>> > on the homepage. This script would have the same effect as if I whet in
>> > and
>> > changed it manually. Or is there a dex.ini setting? I did check out the
>> > two
>> > post you have on your site but they did not offer a solution.

0
Robert
3/25/2008 8:10:10 AM
Check out

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;918313

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Robert Cavill" <robert.smartlist @ gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just remember to re-run this script each time you add a new user.
>
> ------
> Robert
>

> "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Awsome; thanks David.
>>
>> "David E. Patrick" wrote:
>>
>>> This is the script I used to do just that:
>>>
>>> UPDATE  DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
>>> SET  Visible = 0
>>> FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100
>>> WHERE   COLNUMBR = 1
>>>         AND SEQNUMBR = 3
>>>         AND Visible = 1
>>>         --AND USERID = 'dpatrick' -- uncomment this if you want to do it
>>> only for a specific user
>>>         AND SectionID = 2
>>>
>>> - Dave
>>>
>>> "2020" <2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Outlook and exhange server
I am using oulook 2002. It is configured for an exchange and a pop3 account. The default account is the pop account. How do I make certain that the outgoing smtp that will be used to send Internet mail will be that of the pop3 account? The reason I ask is this. Sometimes email will get sent to the internet out through the exchange server. This is generally not a problem except sometimes mail gets returned. The is reason is this. My exchange server is behind a firewall. My internet Service provider provided me with a routable public IP address on my firewall. That address does...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

A way to create sub-categories?

Printing options within Outlook
I've got two Office XP printing questions for the newsgroup. 1. Is there a way to print only the content of an e-mail message without having to save it as a .rtf file and editing it? The goal is to print the message without the header information. 2. When printing calendar items that were sent to a large group of people, how do you print the "To:" field. In XP, it appears that this field is not printed after a certain number of recipients are reached. Any help would be appreciated. I can be e-mailed at: greg dot vassar at aaipharma dot com ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Outlook #134
Win. XP, Can all data in Outlook Express be imported to Outlook 2002 or 2003? Yes, just make sure you check the option to include subfolders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: AZMAC <Listing@localnet.com> asked: | Win. XP, Can all data in Outlook Express be imported to Outlook 2002 | or 2003? ...

Corrupt Outlook Account
I have an email account that has become corrupt and unusable, I created a new account, but the old one didn't show in accounts tab and couldn't be deleted from the folder list. Now I have two accounts and one doesn't work. How do I delete this unusable account from folders list? Did you create a new account or a new profile? Also, when asking questions, it is always helpful to use to know the version of Outlook and, if Outlook 98 or 2000, the mode (check Help->about, second line tells you the mode.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

outlook through socks proxy
I've been looking for a way to make a new POP3 or IMAP account in my Outlook 2003 to always go through a localhost SOCKS proxy. I can't seem to find any good reading about it. -a Anon wrote: > I've been looking for a way to make a new POP3 or IMAP account in my > Outlook 2003 to always go through a localhost SOCKS proxy. I can't > seem to find any good reading about it. Outlook is one of those programs that doesn't natively understand what a proxy server is, but instead relies upon the operating system's network stack to tell it where to go and what...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Outlook 2007 Spell Check issue
I am wondering if anyone else is having issueswith Outlook 2007 spell check? I have Outlook 2007 setup with an exchange account and two POP accounts. Everthing works exactly like it should except the spell check feature. Spell check is set correctly to prompt to change missed words (those underlined in red) before sending out emails. This only works correctly for the exchange account. If you mis-spell a word using the POP accounts it will be underlined in red pointing out that it is misspelled but I am never prompted to change it, the email just sends right out. I have tried an offic...

exporting email from outlook express to microsoft outlook 2003
I have several email accounts on outlook express. When I try to import them to the new accounts I set up in Outlook, all the email/addresses/etc. from one of my accounts (the default email account in Express) goes into each new Outlook account. How can I import just the email from one account into a new account? "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C323C8-BF1D-44CF-863D-02E9E7341A46@microsoft.com... >I have several email accounts on outlook express. When I try to import them > to the new accounts I set up in Outlook, all the email/addres...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Outlook 2003
I have a user who is reporting that whilst creating a new mail/ replying to a mail, it will occassionally blank out all the text in the mail. If he minimizes or maximizes the mail he can breifly see all the text he has typed, but it dissapears straight away. I've not managed to recreate teh problem myself, but am hoping this is a general issue with a simple answer. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook not displaying holidays
I am using Outlook 2000 and have elected the option to display holidays. The only place I can see a listing of holidays is in the catagory view and then nothing past the end of 2003. Is there something I am not doing to make this happen. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Skip >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000 and have elected the option to >display holidays. The only place I can see a listing of >holidays is in the catagory view and then nothing past the >end of 2003. Is there something I am not doing to make >this happen. > >Tha...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

how do i se up a repeating meeting in outlook?
Go to Chart menu > Chart Options > Meeting tab, and choose the Recurrence option in the dialog. Seriously, you should use the appropriate newsgroup. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "m haider" <m haider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4839D3B2-34E8-47A6-BFFC-CC40DADBB9A2@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Outlook & Outlook Express on same PC
I had both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 98. Each was connected to different email accounts and had different messages. I want the same set up on my new PC with Windows XP Home edition. But I could only find one pst file. It had the data from Outlook. How can I find the data for the Outlook Express folders? Thank you in advance. cp OE stores data in a different file structure to OL http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ should help David "cp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b901c3d897$6e31e1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy
Office 2007 in Options / Advanced / Display. The show this number of Recent Documents is greyed out and has an information bubble which states:- “Your administrator has disabled this command through group policy” I am the administrator and I have no idea how I managed to turn this off. Or what and where group policy is Can anyone tell me how I can turn this back on please? ...

Outlook 2003 send problem #2
I have seen any number of posts that indicate the following is a common problem. But I have not yet seen a solution, either here or on the Microsoft web site. If I have just missed it, I apologize in advance. Here's the problem. Outgoing mail. I do NOT have the mailer set to send immediately (I always want the option ot check an email again). SOME emails that show up in the out book are not italicized and have "None" listed under date. In the past versions of Outlook this would occasionally happen. The solution was simple: reopen the message and click "send" aga...

Outlook 2003 Compatibility #2
Can Outlook 2003 be installed on a computer with Windows ME Operating System? "Les" <lester123_nospam@comcast.net> wrote: >Can Outlook 2003 be installed on a computer with Windows ME Operating >System? nope ...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net