Invoice for less than the quantity ordered

We have a company who uses Great Plains that sells every item as drop ships.
They sell a lot of products with a unit of measure of Ton.  When the product
is delivered it can never be delivered for the exact amount ordered (ex.
ordered 25 tons, gets 24.877 tons when delivered).  So, when we enter the
invoice for the PO there is always a little bit left over that we need to get
rid of.  MBS Support gave me a way to be able to delete what is left but it
is a lot of steps for someone to have to go through for every invoice.  Plus
in order to invoice for less than what was ordered on the sales order side we
have to get rid of the SOP-POP link which is a problem since we will still
need to know what the PO is for that sales order after the invoice for the
sales order has been sent.  Has anyone else had to deal with something like
this and what did you do?
0
JenniferW (26)

Difference between ORDER BY column value and column alias between different version of SQL server.
Hi, SQL Server 2005/2008. Is the following correct (apologies for trivial example)? SELECT -member_id AS member_id FROM members m ORDER BY member_id --Orders by column alias SELECT -member_id AS member_id FROM members m ORDER BY m.member_id --Orders by column value In SQL Server 2000, both the above seem to order by column alias. Is this correct? Am I right in thinking that when I upgrade I must go through my code and remove all the table aliases, otherwise I potentially get a different sort order? Cheers, James On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:36:06 -0800 (PST), JimLad &l...

Received not Invoiced #2
When we look at the PO Received/Not Invoiced report the total at the bottom should equal the GL balance of accrued purchases. It never does equal. At what can I look to discover why these two numbers never agree. Check out this post Rich - http://gp2themax.blogspot.com/search/label/Purchase%20Accrual Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com You are correct that the RNI report should match the GL account. Several things change this. Sometimes people post directly to the RNI GL account. This is wro...

how do i generate invoice from excel datafile?
how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? -- jm mailmerge in word "jm" wrote: > how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? > -- > jm ...

Error during Invoice Contract
Hi, Below is an exception that I get, in Event Viewer, when I try to invoice a contract. The first contract worked fine. After a while I did the falowing customizations: 1. for Oportunities i've changed a value for a picklist attribute that was created earlyer. 2. I've replaced collumn Attolments Remaning with collumn Qunatity in Contract Lines / Form and Views - Related Contract Line and Contract Line Advanced Find View The next contract that I've tried to invoice gave me the error below. I tried to set all the customization back but the error persists. Any sugestions? ...

Need help in making my invoices auto count
I need to find out how to make my invoices increase by 1 digit every time i copy/create a new invoice. I also would like to find out how i can make my totals (ie..for tax, and sales) get directed into a new spreadsheet displaying the date the invoice was created and giving a running total for the month and year. Is this possible or am i way out to lunch on this. Lostinexcel, Have you checked out MicroSoft's free templates? at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx You can search for "Invoices" there. Depending on whether you are using 2003, 2007...

Functional payment applies to Multicurrency invoice
Hi All another question, how can we calculate realize gain/loss for foreign currency when we apply functional payment to multicurrency invoice? million thanx in advance... ...

Printing Expected Quantities on Inventory Sheets
Despite being able to display a column called Expected Quantitiy when printing a physical inventory, no quantity values are listed. I can get an Item Quantity Report to display this info of course. It seems as though the only way to get the Expected Quantitiy values to print is to actually click the Calculate button to get the Physical Inventory Discrepancy screen to display, and then click the print button to generate a report and then show/hide columns as needed. Is this the right procedure? Any pointers are appreciated. It was a little scary to do that because one is asked to save c...

Invoicing (Invoice Entry)
Looking for some guidance on a possible work around for Invoicing without SOP. Is there anyway possible to get either the Standard Cost or the Price List Unit Price to default in when entering Invoices Transactions>>Sales>>Invoice Entry Second question; having a similar issue with calculating taxes. Taxes should be based on whether or not the item is set to taxable or non taxable but as soon as you assign a tax schedule id to the Customer Card everything gets taxed even the items that are setup as non taxable items. I know that SOP would cure all of this but just wondering...

Purchase Order should include Request for Quotation
Base functionality for Purchase Order Module should include a feature that would allow tracking of RFQs from multiple vendors. This could be accomplished thru the use of a requistion form or an additional PO status such as "quote" or "RFQ" that did not require an assigned vendor ID. Once a suitalbe vendor is determined transfer RFQ to a PO similiar to SOP. Current MBS knowledge base (850758 posted Sept 2005) suggests using "printscreen then cutting and Pasting" documents in wordpad or paint. Cumbersome when dealing with multiple projects in multiple ge...

Duplicate invoice numbers
I have a spreadsheet that has 5 worksheets in it, that are purchase ledgers. (One for each week of the month). I would like to know if there is some way to have an error message pop up if someone enters a duplicate invoice number on any one of the 5 worksheets. Thanks Pete Sorry! While I was waiting to see if my message posted, I looked at some of the other questions to see if I could help someone else (not likely, but worth a try) I did find a previous question that was almost the same that was answered. I tried it and it works on one worksheet. Can I get it to work on all 5 at th...

Customer Deposits on Sales Order Not Going to Correct Site
GP 8.0, SQL We have one company, two sites. Deposits for each site should go to the specific GL customer deposit account for that site. However, it appears that it is only possible to have one GL customer deposit account and orders from both sites post deposits to that account. We would like the site to determine which GL account the deposit is posted to (the same way it works for cash and sales accounts). However, the only input for customer deposits that I have found is under Posting Accounts and in which case there is only one account. There is not a customer deposit account under...

Invoices From Speadsheet #3
What I want to do is so basic, not sure if I can just do it with Excel I just want to be able to create an invioice and pull the products fro my excel spreadshee -- joey250 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joey2509's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27819 ...

Quicken Invoices to MS Money Invoices
I am attempting to bring all may data over from Quicken Small Business 2003 to Money Small Business 2005. The accounts convert fine except for the business accounts. My invoices, projects and estimates come over as a standard account. In the process, all the form data is lost. The numbers are there but none of the invoice data. How or can I bring this business data over from Quicken? I want to convert over but am not willing to re-enter two years worth of invoice and payment data. Thanks, In article <MPG.1ca6347da05dbaa98968e@news.west.cox.net>, nothere@nowhere.net says... > ...

Pivot chart: wrong date order on horizontal axis
Hi, I have a pivot chart linked to a pivot table. The chart produces a bar graph for 2 sets of data, (product A and B) and each with its own vertical axis. The horizontal axis has the dates of delivery. The problem is that these dates are not in the chronological order that they are in on the table. They sort of 'group' 5 dates for prod A in chronological order, then some for prod B but some of the dates for B are actually earlier than the 1st group, but appear on the chart in their own 'section' of dates. Then another section for prod A again, even though some of the d...

printing SOP blank order form
We use orders instead of pick tickets for our fullfillment needs. We also sort our orders by bin location when printing. When we print an order, the first item selected to print prints twice. How can we eliminate this printing? ...

Automatic Invoicing
Is there a way with MS Money 2004 SBE, to have invoices renew themselves every 30 days, or have the bills/deposits list use the account recevables account so that transactions in the bills/deposits list can count as accounts recevied. The reason is I still want to use the customer balance feature that I get with AR, but I want to have the ability that someone is on a monthly payment plan, I can track their payments and so forth without having to make an invoice every month ...

Changing Quote/Order Price List
When you change the Price List associated with a Quote or Order, is the price on the product line items supposed to update automatically? I've noticed that the price does update when changing the Price list to a list with an associated Discount List. However, if I change the price list to a list without an associated discount the price does not update. Is this by design or a bug? Thanks! Danielle ...

Purchase orders at HQ
When doing purchase order worksheets by restock and reorder points the PO is picking up items that don't have either restock and reorder information and the stock is at 0 what would be causing this? (the version is 1.3) I am having this same problem, but only when one particular supplier is selected. The items put one the PO are even flagged as inactive. It's not even all the products from that supplier, just a few particular ones. Craig "Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E94F5E-E7A6-4CE2-9E8F-2EE0FE0E5FF4@microsoft.com... > ...

Z order problems
I run Excel 2003, Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 8. I have a macro which quietly drives Internet Explorer. When the macro has been waiting for a long time for a response from IE, it does IE.Visible = True so the user can see what is happening and displays a message for a short time with Set sh = CreateObject("wscript.shell") sh.Popup "Internet Explorer wait > 5 seconds", 3, "Temp message" The z order <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_order> is set spreadsheet < popup < ie. i.e. spreadsheet under popup under ie. (MsgBox behaves ...

Personalizing the suffix quote and order sould be very useful.
It should very useful to be able to personalize the suffix quote and order in the autonumbering format, by exemple with the initials of the person who created the quote. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

How do I move personal folders out of alphabetical order?
oHi all, I have just started to use Outlokk for my email as opposed to Outlook Express. I have imported everythting I need from OE but the folders in Outlook under 'my personal folders' are in alphabetical order, i.e. inbox,deleted messages, sent items are all mixed in with the statdard folders I have created/Imported. Is there anyway I can move the folders listed above to the top of the list and leave the rest in alphabetical order? Not without renaming the created folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to...

Duplicate invoice numbers and invoice dates
Accounts Payable should alert for duplicate invoice numbers within the same vendor only if the invoice date is the same. Or, at least allow us to select that as an option in set up. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolu...

Item Quantities SmartList
I have created a smartlist using SmartList Builder and added Extenders fields to it. When I attempt to run the list the following is an error I receive: Illegal address for field 'Decimal Places QTYS' in script 'ASI_Item_QTY_Get_Field_As_String'. Script terminated. Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this? -- HK Did you set the number of decimal places for the quantities? GP does not store the decimal place but stores a value in a field that identifies the number of places. If you have the same number of decimal places in all items, you can simpl...

Invoices and batches
Hi everyone! We are running RMS POS 1.3 in one lane and QB Premiere (Canadian edition), and have been for a few months. Recently we put a few sales to institutions "on account." When we try to transfer the batches to QB we get the message "Transaction split lines to accounts receivable must include a customer on that split line. OK" Then we get the message Error on line 23. Can't record invalid transaction. OK Cancel" The batch doesn't import as a result. Any suggestions? As an aside, is there a way to print the invoice on a nice 8.5" x 11"...

Zero out all inventory quantities
Is there an easy way to change every inventory quantity to zero ? Also if an item is no longer needed can we delete it or should we make it inactive ? Yes, you can zero out an entire items database. I do this on a per location basis for our closed stores. I run the following two queries, where 'x' = your store id, this is what I use for the HQ side, you would modify for SO by dropping the StoreId part. Backup your database first: UPDATE ItemDynamic SET Quantity = 0 WHERE StoreId = x UPDATE ItemDynamic SET SnapShotQuantity = 0 WHERE StoreId = x Regarding inactivating/deleting it...