Investment Management

I have another client who wants to implement Great Plains but he needs an
Investment and Treasury management application that will work with Great
Plains. Does anyone no a 3rd party application that seamlessly integrate with
great plains in these areas.
Thank you
0
Noble (9)

I saw a product at Convergence called eInvestment Assets
by ICAN Software Solutions...looks like a pretty good
product if you want to maintain transaction level
detail...can import from your custodian. Their website is
www.icansoftware.com.

Hope this helps.

Jackie

0
anonymous (74720)

How do I remove an investment from the investment list
MS Money Deluxe 2007 on Windows XP. I can add and update investments, but can't figure out how to remove them. Any ideas? Also, I closed a previous 401k account after rolling over the cash to a rollover IRA account. But Money still thinks the mutual fund positions in that 401k account are there. Well, those funds do NOT show in "portfolio manager", but they are still there as far as Money is concerned. Sometimes I would get an alert saying that I have not updated the prices for those funds for a long time. What's happening here? If those positions somehow have ...

Missing distribution list from Server Management
Hi folks, I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me). I have a few distribution lists that I edit sporatically on my SBS 2003 machine under Server Management. One of my lists is missing on Server Management, but it's there when I go into Outlook, click on a new message, and "To:" and browse the global address book. I can edit it from there, but I don't know why it isn't listed with the others under server management. That is where I created it. Any idea how I can make it show up there again? Mike This is a multi-part message in MIM...

Managed Client Updates warning (Message #9046 missing)
Hello all, I've started using Managed Client updates at customer sites and keep coming up with a small issue when using it. All I'm doing is publishing a CNK file to be installed on the client machines. After they choose their company, they are prompted to install the update, no problems there. After they select Yes, they get the error Message #9046 missing. After clicking OK and restarting Great Plains all is well. I've seen another post in this community where they had a similar issue but with a different Message #. The number was still below #22000 so it seems t...

Question on Investing performance calculation
How does Money calculate the Investing performance percentage that shows up in Investing/Investment Tools in Money 2006? While the percentages for Dow Jones and S&P match the newspaper so I assume they are calculated as current price - beginning of year price divided by beginning of year price, that same calculation does not appear to be true for my own investments. I could even verify this a few days into the year, before any pruchases/expenses etc. showed up which could mask the numbers for me. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

Electronic Reconcile Management
I have this client that is trying to implement Electronic Reconcile Management however upon setting up the 'ERM Import Setup' using the CSV file type I am required to add in a formula for the DATE field. I add the the length of the various fields and the DATE indicator in the window. Finally I click on the VERIFY button and to get a error message 'SETUP REPORTS'. The other formula fields work without incident. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice More Fun with Fluent NHibernate Automapping http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/50aa9...

How do I view & manage System Cleanup Folder?
Is the System Cleanup Folder a client-based, server-based entity, or something that may be accessed from both sides? Further, how do I get access to it via either Outlook or ESM? We're using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2003. Thanks. You should be able to view it via the folder hierarchy in Outlook. On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:11:07 -0700, Cap'n Murphy <CapnMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is the System Cleanup Folder a client-based, server-based entity, or >something that may be accessed from both sides? Further, how do I get access >to it via either Outl...

business contact manager #18
how do i open the business contact manager in outlook 2003? Kent If your installation was successful you will see Business Tools along with, File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions, etc.... in Outlook '03. >-----Original Message----- >Kent, >If your installation was successful you will see Business Tools along with, File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions, etc.... in Outlook '03. >. Check which version you have - if you have either the student or the standard versions you are missing that function. If yu have any of the higher ones and it is not showing, put your insta...

transfer an investment
Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this it wants to transfer all investments from one account to another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Anyone know how to transfer a SINGLE investment from one >account to another in Money 2002? When I try to do this >it wants to transfer all investments from one account to >another. I only want to transfer 1 investment. In the investment transactions of the source account enter a Transfer Out transaction. ...

Poisson distribution in inventory management
Has anyone come across a client asking to use the POISSON Distribution statistical formula to manage and reorder inventory items? Mitri Muna ...

Calculation of investment Value
One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the account summary page does not reflect the market value. I have no idea what value it is reflecting - at first I thought it might be the original cost, but the numbers are a little off. The first account I set up is accurate, but every one since maintains the same value regardless of the current price. I am updating the price and the portfolio details shows the market value. anyone got any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, dAN C wrote: >One the new accounts I have set up, the value on the >account summary page does not reflect...

M2004 / How to get an investment report by year
Is there any way to get a report that gives your subtotals by year of investment transactions? I am interested in seeing running totals by year of the number of shares I have purchased. I can't see how to do this. I believe the only way to do this is to create seperate performance reports with a date range from the beginning to the last date of the year for each of the years you want to see. "mark" wrote: > Is there any way to get a report that gives your subtotals by year of > investment transactions? I am interested in seeing running totals by > year of the ...

Unable to add users
Following the instructions on adding a new user, when I get to the Welcome to the user manager dialog box, there is no server listed. I cannot add any users - I have been able to add business types etc but no users. When I attempt to add a user via the web, I get An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator Any idea how to add users? -- Corey R. Bryant http://www.coreybryant.org | http://www.loudcommerce.com Hi Corey: Nice error message eh?? :) On the server you can access MSCRM via the browser? How do you access it, http://ipaddress or http://ser...

Stock sale to Money Market in same investment account?
Using Money 2005 Deluxe If I record a sale of a stock or fund, and the funds go directly to a money market account held at that same firm, there does not seem to be a way to make that occur. I have stock in a company, which is held in a IRA account. If I sell the stock (which I did) money only lets me put it into very select accounts.. mainly cash accounts. This is a non-taxable event. Why doesnt the whole list off investment accounts show in the pull down selector. Very frustrating. Randy, When you buy (sell a stock) the cash coms from (or goes to) a cash account. An investmen...

Analytical Accounting & Integration Manager
I would like to know if Integration Manager can be used to create Analytcal Accounting Transaction Dimensions and Dimension Relationships? I see some postings stating that econneect is able to bring in Analytical Accounting transactions. Thanks Kevin Integration Manager does not support Analytical Accounting. You would need to create an integration by writing code with eConnect or by using a tool like SmartConnect from eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.com.au) -- Charles Allen, MVP "Precipio" wrote: > I would like to know if Integration Manager can be used to create ...

Business investment accounts?
Does anybody know how to add an investment account under the business catergory? Money forces you to make them personel accounts and I am becoming extremely frustrated. Doesn't anybody at Microsoft realize that companies make investments too!? I am new to this program, but I cannot find it either. My guess is that = Home and Business is designed for small home businesses that are not too = far along. If your company is far enough along to have its own = investment accounts (are you incorporated?) then you probably need to go = to something like Quickbooks and separate your business a...

Mailbox Manager Report #3
I have setup our mailbox manager to report on the deletion of all Appointments and Tasks older than one year on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server running on Windows Server 2003 SP1. The report that is generated states the following... "Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 4686570.47 MB" The entire private Exchange store is only 36GB so how could this possibly be correct? Hi Dan, This is "expected" behavior. The Mailbox manager operates on a MAPI level and is not able to determine anything about single instancing within the store. So it basically adds up...

Viewing a single investment in Money 2006
I recently moved very old mny files from my old version of MS Money version 3.0 which is the version that I used for years. They transferred over just fine to 2006. Ive used Version 3 since I bought my first Windows 3.1 computer but this old version of Money, which worked on W98, won't work on XP. In the old version I could click on "Investment Account" and choose the account such as Vanguard or Schwab and then could click on "View" and open any investment in the account and view it by itself and not show the other investments. For instance if I had the Vangua...

auto-calculate tax in Payables Management
I think this is probably simple but I am having trouble wrapping my mind around this. We are a registered charity, so we pay 50% of the GST and get 50% refunded (except for certain capital items). In our old system, we used 5 codes when entering payable transactions, to automatically calculate tax included in the purchase. One code was for transactions subject only to GST, one for transactions subject to no taxes (groceries), one for GST but no PST, one for PST and GST with 50% GST refundable, and one for PST and GST with 100% GST refundable. Because Dynamics seems to need a shipping me...

Can't rename investment because deleted investment has the same name
I have an investment that gets downloaded as "Blah Blah (0021)" from my financial institution, and I would like to view the investment as "Blah Blah". I was able to rename my other investments like this, but I am unable to do it with this investment. I'm guessing that I renamed it at one point and then did something to change it back, which is causing the error. My question is, is there any way to actually delete the old investment so that I can rename my current investment to "Blah Blah"? I can't seem to find any listings for just "Blah B...

Integration Manager
I am building an integration to import payroll data. The file has several hours columns for regular hours, OT, sick, etc. I have created a Source for each type of hours (Reg-H, OT, Sick). In a Before Document script that I'm building, how do I determine what source I'm currently working with in order to process the proper hours column ? Is there a VB function to return "Reg-H" or "OT", etc? Thanks for any help. ...

Exchange manager 5.5 running on Windows 2000 Pro
I received this message when I search to connect on one Server Exchange 5.5 ( windows NT4 sp6a): A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer 'SERVERXX' The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM If I connect another server (Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT4 sp6a) running well. where could be the issue ? Thanks. Perhaps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322051/en-us/ On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:39:02 -0800, "Valerio" <Valerio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ...

Money 2007 and Janus investment accounts
I just came across this annoying behavior. I recently purchased 4 Janus mutual funds and enabled MS Money to download the transactions directly from Janus. I expected the transactions to download into a single MS Money account. Instead they downloaded into 5 new Janus accounts in MS Money. Within Janus, each mutual fund holding seems to have its own account number. For example, my Janus Money Market fund has account number 11111111. Suppose I purchased Janus Growth and Income Fund. That holding is assigned account number 37,11111111. Suppose I also purchased Janus Risk-Managed Fund. It...

File | Manage Your Password (Money 2005)
This is one of the lamest dialogs ever... if you have a Passport Account linked to your file, this dialog gives you two options to "Manage Your Password"... "Change" and "Remove" - Both give you the exact same instructions and tell you to go somewhere else. This is the least useful "Password Management Dialog" I have ever seen. :-( ...

Managing Mailboxes fail
Ok so here is the story, we have three exchange servers, two backend servers withing the same administrative group with two databases a piece. We also have on front end server hosting OWA. When a user is terminated we set up mailboxes to be forwarded and or managed. As of late the management of these mailboxes have not been workin. We typically disable the users, and do not touch the actual mailboxes. Set up forwarding so all mail that hits the disabled user is forwarded to an active user (this seems to work flawlessly), when we go into outllook to attach the additional mailbox it fails, w...

Integration Manager Times Out
We are using Dynamics GP9. My integration uses ODBC connections to SQLServer2000 views. I can query the views using the same filters from Enterprise Manager, and the recordset returns with no problem. A fellow programmer accesses the same views for Crystal Reports, and his recordset returns without any problem. But my integration times out. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_13F2B12B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Caroline, Please make sure you have Integration Manager 9.0 SP 1 installed. Next, add the following line to the IM.ini file under the [IM...