Inventory Valuation and Location Records

All:

Its been awhile since I had to deploy Inventory so I need a quick refresher
on Valuation Methods and their intersection with Location Codes.  If I
remember correctly, Average Perpetual tracks costs at the item level, with
such average being applied across all sites.  FIFO and LIFO (Periodic or
Perpetual) all track at the Site and Item level.  Is this correct?

I tried to find this in the manual, but it is less than clear.

Thanks,

Dwight

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Viewing records from sub-entities
Hi, My entity hierarchy is like this: Project - > Phase -> Project activity (not the Activity from CRM) Phase-entity is sub-entity for the Project and Project activity is sub-entity for the Phase. Is it possible to view all the project activities from the project entity (regardless of the phase)? I hope you understand what I´m trying to say ;=) Pretty sure you will need to write your own ASPX page to display this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "simisam" <simisam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D05BFD5-122C-4D64-9730-4DD94FA18E98@mi...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

DNS issues, reverse lookup, MX records
Hello, I've done some searching in the groups, but I'd like to pose a specific scenario. We are getting these errors: #4.7.1 smtp;450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, This is the situation. Our domain name is registered with network solutions. Our website is hosted with Yahoo on a business account. Yahoo used to host our email as well. Recently we put in a local SBS 2003 server to host our Exchange locally. Originally our Network solutions account had all DNS pointing to Yahoo's name servers, as it should have. We wanted to switch the MX reco...

Button to Export a Record into XML
I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will export the current record displayed to a XML file. Only the current record, and not the entire table. How would I go about this? Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export the query, not the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A44F67-D93C-4C70-88F9-27662B43F92F@microsoft.co...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

Button
Hi guys I have a file which is a template. This file is read only, and is an Excel sheet What I want to do, is place a button on the sheet. When the button is pressed, a box appears asking for todays day in format: DD.MM.YYYY (Ideally, if it could automatically set the date, this would be a bonus.... ) The locationg I want the button to save is: c:/documents/files How can I do this? On the assumption that the filename will ALWAYS be today, then you ca use this module. (Alt-F11, insert->Module) Dim rightnow Dim thefilename Dim theday Dim themonth Dim theyear Sub SaveTonight() rig...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Previous record in Query
Hello, I have query table wherein it has some calaulated fields. Some of it as follow_ Tonnage Length FromSta ToSta 500 400 1200 1600 300 240 1600 1840 350 270 1840 2110 Length, FromSta & To Sta are calculated fields. How do I get 1600 value in 2nd record of FromSta field from the 1st record of ToSta field and like wise? Andy I assume toSta is given, NOT computed. For the first record, fromSta should also be given. Something like: Tonnage Length FromSta ToSta 500 400 1200 1600 3...

How to get those records that I want?
Look: class CRs : public CRecordset { }; CRs rs; BOOL CDb1Dlg::OnInitDialog() { rs.Open(); } void CDb1Dlg::OnButton1() { if(!rs.IsEOF()) { m_strEdit=rs.m_A; UpdateData(false); rs.MoveNext(); } else rs.Close(); } But these records are all in the table,I want to need some records,for example "select * from tb1 where m_A like 'aa%'",but I don't know what to do,could you tell me?thank you. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:33:50 UTC, "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote: > Look: > class CRs : public CRecordset > { > }; > CRs rs; > BOOL CDb1Dlg::OnIn...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...

sorting so that blank records go to the top

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

inserting record into an xml doc using datagrid
I have the following for a datagrid that inserts a row into an xml file. It works great, but inserts the data to a new top-level node. I don't know how to specifiy an existing node for the inserted item: void DataGrid1_Update(Object Sender, DataGridCommandEventArgs e) { try { string stitle = (e.Item.Cells[1].FindControl("txttitle") as TextBox).Text; DataSet ds = new DataSet(); //ds.ReadXmlSchema(Server.MapPath("~/Home/XMLMenus/MenuCategory.xsd")); ds.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("~/web1.sitemap"),XmlReadMode.InferSchema); ...

what types of data can be co-located?
Is there a list of what types of protection groups can be co-located. I tried to co-locate some system states and that didn't work, so I was wondering can you co-locate hyper-v or exchange. Hi Kelly, Co-location is support for backup of Hyper-V VMs, SQL databases and user data from laptops/desktops. The primary aim is to reduce the no. of volumes for cases where the number of data sources (protected items) can be large. For Exchange, the data size for each data source is much larger and the total no. of data sources is relatively small, hence co-location is not require...

Ability to freeze inventory?
I'm getting requests from my shop managers to have a way to 'freeze' inventory, so they can take their physical inventories, do research, etc, which may take a few days while the shop is running normally. I suspect there is some sort of way of accomplishing this in RMS and we simply don't understand it, or the terminology is different. I'm a tech guy and not a retail expert,so pardon me if this is a dumb question. So for instance.. we do a physical inventory monday night... we count 100 quatity of item ABC, expected quantity was 95. Store opens on tuesday. sales oc...

How do I add a location to send/receive mail to?
The error message I get when I try to open my Outlook program says that I need to add a location to send/receive mail to but I can't figure out how to do that. It then asks if I want to open my default File System folder instead -- but if I click yes, Outlook opens with no way to send/receive mail and none of my old settings (folders, contacts, etc.). Does anyone know how to add a location and what that location should be? I feel as though I must have accidentally deleted an important file. Thank you. It's looking for your .PST file -- somehow Outlook has lost its link...

Inventory Suggestions
We are starting our physical inventory this coming friday and I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or anything I should be aware of when entering everything in. Please also tell me if you had any problems..... THANKS!!! we've had issues using the physical inventory feature in RMS along with a Symbol bar code scanner. What we were attempting to do was scan in items one by one and have them tallied up in the inventory window in RMS. But, on some occasions the cursor wouldn't move back to the correct field so that the SKU# was being input as the Quantity on hand. This wou...

select every 100th records
I have numerous tables in one database that I must select records to send a survey to. I would like to select every 100th record an export results to an excel spreadsheet. I am drawing a blank on how to accomplish this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Why every 100th? This assumes the records are in some basic sort order that the 100th record can be determined. Would random work better? Perhaps you could determine the number of records and grab a random sampling of 1%. There are a number of good examples of selecting random records if you search this news group or with your...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

RMS and Inventory
Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is it packaged all together. We are currently looking to replace our Inventory Software (dataworks) but do not need to replace our POS systems, therefore we do not want the POS side of RMS. If you replaced your inventory system with RMS and did not replace your POS then how would the inventory know if you sold something from the POS. RMS is all in one. I assume this is because you are very happy with your POS which is why you dont want to change it? "klewis" wrote: > Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is...

Can I just move outlook.pst to new location? Outlook 2003
Hi all I want to move my outlook.pst file to a sub folder in My Documents. I'm sure I've done this in the past and when Outlook complained it couldn't find the pst file I simply 'pointed' to the new location and everything worked just fine. Is this the case with Outlook 2003? Can I simply move the pst file? Regards John Yes. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John Cooper" <john@datasafe.org.uk> wrote in message news:sjai40dv348qggih9eo049j8ob8fdccrc2@4ax.com... > Hi all > > I want to move my outlook.pst file to a sub folder in My Documents. >...