inventory unit of measure - on hand view vs sale view

We sell brakes in sets of four, but purchase them as an Each. When we use
this system, the quantity on hand shows the amount of Each's on hand -- same
with inventory counts.

Because a Set of Four is set up in our system as 4 Eachs, If I set the UofM
Schedule ID as Set of Four, the Base Unit of Measure (which shows on the
vendor and purchasing cards) remains Each.

Is there any way to get the "Set of Four" to be th Base Unit of Measure?
0
karenp (4)

The Base UOM is the UOM you stock in.  So if you make 'Set of Four'
the Base UOM, you'll have to stock it that way.  You'll need to setup
a new 'Set of Four' UOM Schedule using a different ID, perhaps 'SET OF
4', and then type 'SET OF 4' in the Base UOM field.  You can't change
the Base UOM for an existing UOM Schedule.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
10/26/2009 9:56:50 PM
It is my understanding that you are buying items in one unit (Each)
and then want to see the inventory on hand in other unit (Set of 4). I
am not sure how the licensing works as far as this functionality goes
but in my test system, I've a window called Inventory Available to
Promise. On this window, I can pick and choose the Unit of Measure and
see how much I've in stock, how much is being allocated, in various
different units setup in the unit of measure schedule which has been
assigned to this item. I believe this is part of advanced
distribution, but if this is something you already own, I would ask
users to use this window to see the quantities in various unit of
measures.

On Oct 26, 4:56=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> The Base UOM is the UOM you stock in. =A0So if you make 'Set of Four'
> the Base UOM, you'll have to stock it that way. =A0You'll need to setup
> a new 'Set of Four' UOM Schedule using a different ID, perhaps 'SET OF
> 4', and then type 'SET OF 4' in the Base UOM field. =A0You can't change
> the Base UOM for an existing UOM Schedule.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your gptip42today atwww.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
rutvijrshah (142)

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Sharepoint Server vs Sharepoint Services
Bonjour! I would like to know for the business poprtal what I would lose or gain if install Sharepoint server instead of Windows Sharepoint services. If there is a document related to that? Regards, Joel :) With MOSS 2007, you gain the following features: Workflow (there are 6 workflows that ship with GP) Search Reports Library Excel Services -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joel" wrote: > Bonjour! > > I would like to know for the business poprtal what I would lose or gain if > install Sharepoint server instead of Windows Sharepoint services. > If there is a documen...

Viewing records from sub-entities
Hi, My entity hierarchy is like this: Project - > Phase -> Project activity (not the Activity from CRM) Phase-entity is sub-entity for the Project and Project activity is sub-entity for the Phase. Is it possible to view all the project activities from the project entity (regardless of the phase)? I hope you understand what I´m trying to say ;=) Pretty sure you will need to write your own ASPX page to display this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "simisam" <simisam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D05BFD5-122C-4D64-9730-4DD94FA18E98@mi...

Printing/viewing Activities
1. We need a way to be able to quickly and easily print multiple activities/emails. For example in outlook you select the email and press print and all of the details will print out each on its own page. 2. Need a way to quickly view the contents of the activities - like a preview screen. Users are having to open each email in crm to see the details and this takes too much time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

tabbed views
I want to create a tabbed CScrollView. Can anyone help or direct me to an example app. Peter Simmonds Northampton, UK If you are looking for something like Excel have a look at: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0599/c/c0599.aspx or do you want to use a CTabCtrl? M "Peter Simmonds" <peter@simmonds.worldonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:417e6d11_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com... >I want to create a tabbed CScrollView. > Can anyone help or direct me to an example app. > > Peter Simmonds > Northampton, UK > I couldn't get the Excel type app to com...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

View hidden slides
I have a PPT presentation that was created by someone else. It shows only ONE slide, unless you play the slide show, in which case it shows lots of slides. Evidently they're stacked or layered or something, and I cannot figure out how to access them. Can anyone help? Hi Lisa What version are you using? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8F08A65-F5F7-4241-997A-3B092F2266A3@microsoft.com... >I have a PPT presentation that was cre...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

View Holidays
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 My Outlook calendar is not showing any holidays, so I went to Tools \ Options \ Preferences \ Calendar \ Calendar Options \ Add Holidays When I clicked to add holidays I got the message that the holidays were already installed. I did NOT install them a second time. But they are not appearing on my calendar. It is possible that the holidays category was deleted, but if the holidays are already installed, how do I get them back on my calendar??? You either deleted the holidays or upgraded and have only old holidays. Ignore the warning and instal...

Viewing related activities in a phone call iframe
Has any developed a solution to this scenario: When an open activity is viewed by a sales rep, they are sometimes curious to see the recent history on the contact. So they click on the link to open the contact, then click on the History area to review. Double click on any items that may be relavent, review and close. I was thinking about adding an iFrame to the Phone activity form which displays a listing of the related closed activities for the contact. Is this even doable? Likewise, I would also love to find a way to view both Activities and History in a single view, sorted chro...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

New View List gp-10.0
Hello - the view list in 10.0 are good. If I try to search on filed not shown in the columns , I don't get any data. How do you add columns, such as, customer ID in the sales view list? Can you modify the reports to include totals (they are not report writer reports)? Thanks -- Crystal Roach Ok - I finally figured it out - not only do you have to have security set to customize the list view, but you have to save the list before you can customize. However, I still don't see a way to add a total to the report. Any assistance is appreiated. -- Crystal Roach "Crystal Cl...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

viewing as slide show when presentation starts
hey, Please tip how to make the presentation start as slide show when open (without pressing F5 or any other key...) i cant find the option for this.... Thanks in advance! olinka Olinka, Assuming you have PPT 2003, open your slideshow, file, save as, in the save as list choose PowerPoint show (*.pps). -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "olinka" <olinka.gir@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:e02d193e-f53b-42e3-98bd-3185e4a450cc@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... > hey, > > Please tip how to make the presentation start as slide show when open &g...

display shared calendar as default view ?
With OL 2007 and MS Exchange Server, Windows XP Pro SP3 Another person's calendar is shared (read only) with me. I have OL set with the Calendar as the default startup folder. However, every time it starts up I am required to check the other person's calendar manually in order to view it. Is there a way to make this part of the startup calendar view, so when I start up OL I can see both calendars (mine and his) right away? THANKS Add that persons mailbox to your profile as a secondary mailbox then you can set the calendar as your start up folder. See http://www.slips...

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...

Ability to freeze inventory?
I'm getting requests from my shop managers to have a way to 'freeze' inventory, so they can take their physical inventories, do research, etc, which may take a few days while the shop is running normally. I suspect there is some sort of way of accomplishing this in RMS and we simply don't understand it, or the terminology is different. I'm a tech guy and not a retail expert,so pardon me if this is a dumb question. So for instance.. we do a physical inventory monday night... we count 100 quatity of item ABC, expected quantity was 95. Store opens on tuesday. sales oc...

FRx Web should be able to print selected unit an its children only
Instead of only being able to print the selcted unit, or entire tree ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0c578f81-8bdb-4322-b55f-942299eb0f78&dg=microsoft.pu...

Tax-exempt vs. non-taxable sales????
In Reports>Sales>Sales Tax Analysis The report generated lists Taxable Sales, Non-Taxable Sales and Tax EXEMPT Sales. We sell food items that do not get taxed (they are set up as No Tax, and report as 'Non-taxable), and we have just recently started to ship out-of-state orders that are tax exempt). I don't believe I've ever done any set-up to identify Tax EXEMPT transactions, yet there is a $ amount printing out for Tax EXEMPT when I run this report. Does anyone know, or how can I trace back to verify where this number is coming from??? And, conversely, can I someh...

"Datasource reference is not valid" when creating Excel Pivot Tables with an Exported View
Error message thrown when trying to manipulate or pivot Excel data from CRM via a dynamic Worksheet Export: Problem seems to be related to either the filename that is randomly generated with the export_live feature from CRM, or the temporary location that MSExcel2007 doesnt like/trust. Solution that worked for me: - Export the CRM View to Excel - Save the Excel Document to a non-temp (eg. C:\ ) directory - Open the Excel Document - Create your Pivot (Another note - selecting the entire worksheet as a datasource for the Pivot Table will give the same error message! Rather ambiguous in p...

defaulting Unit of Measure in SOP Invoice
Hello: My client has an item with a Unit of Measure Schedule of "ST". And, the only unit of measure in this schedule is "ST". When the client places this item in a SOP invoice, the default unit of measure is "Each". Why is that? True, the checkbox in SOP setup for "Prices Not Required in Price List" is unchecked (greyed out) in SOP Setup. If I am mistaken, this would mean that the default unit of measure would be the selling unit of measure. But, this item does not have a price list and therefore no selling unit of measure. The client says...