Inventory Type from Service to Sales Inventory.

Hi

I need to change Number of item bearing item type as Service into Sales
Inventory, Kindly let me know if any one have some solution.

Regards,
0
MBS (8)

Charge for services
Hi All I have a client that would like to sell workshop type products. To clarify, they sell how to courses at their store (How to take good pictures, to make movies etc) Ideally what would happen is that when an order is made the system also allocates the customer into an a workshop relating to the product. We would like "How to take good pictures" to be a single product scheduled to appear many times, with puchasers of the product placed into a scheduled occurence of this workshop. Hope i havent confused people too much. I have tried to link products to a scheduled task v...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Sharepoint Server vs Sharepoint Services
Bonjour! I would like to know for the business poprtal what I would lose or gain if install Sharepoint server instead of Windows Sharepoint services. If there is a document related to that? Regards, Joel :) With MOSS 2007, you gain the following features: Workflow (there are 6 workflows that ship with GP) Search Reports Library Excel Services -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joel" wrote: > Bonjour! > > I would like to know for the business poprtal what I would lose or gain if > install Sharepoint server instead of Windows Sharepoint services. > If there is a documen...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

Error in Detailed Sales Report wih Total Discounts
I got this report from the Reports Library but it has a problem: Does not give the Total Discount right. If I have sold an item for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 OK iF I have sold two items for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 WRONG (It should be 2 times 1.00 = 2.00) iF I have returned one item for 2.99 and the regular price is 3.99 the Total Discount is 1.00 WRONG (It should be -1 times 1.00 = -2.00) Is there a way to fix this?? On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:42:04 -0700, "Fabricio" <Fabricio@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Installing Reporting Services on Business Portal/SQL Server 2000 box
I have Windows 2003 Server running SQL 2000 and Great Plains. I've also got the Business Portal running on this box, but when I installed Reporting Services it didn't work correctly. I'm getting the following error message: Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.BusinessFramework, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source Error: Line 74: <add name="WindowsAuthentication" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsAuthenticationModule" /> Line 75: <!-- <add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState....

Removing Voided Sales Orders from History
Hello, Does anyone know how to remove orders that are "Sales Voids" from the history tables (SOP30200)? We are looking for a way to clean the tables and removing Sales Voids would help out alot. -- GP 10 SP 1 Windows 2003 SQL 2005 You can always use the Remove Sales History utility to remove documents from the sales history table. However, I suggest you consider implementing a comprehensive record retention policy that will allow you to perform this type of maintenance regardless of whether records have been voided or not. You may want to look into the "Maintaining Dyna...

How to check the dll type?
I have a dll project to maintain, how to chwck what type of the DLL? Regular or Extension? All DLLs are essentially the same except for what they do and any protocols they follow. Someone else might have a better answer but I would ask you to define "regular" and "extension" in order to give you a specific answer. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1144693549.720079.310620@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >...

Sharepoint Services 3.0 & Business Portal
I am planning a Business Portal 3.0 installation soon. Is this compatable with Sharepoint Services 3.0? fakaul, Thanks for using the newsgroups. BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0. BP 4.0, which will be released this year, is compatible with WSS 3.0. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "fakaul" wrote: > I am planning a Business Portal 3.0 installation soon. Is this compatable > with Sharepoint Services 3.0? Is BP 4.0, which...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

Outlook 2000 Service PAK3
I tired to update Outlook 2000 with Service Pak 3. I received a message, "TRY LATER" having problems..." HELP! Um, try later?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Robert Johnson asked: | I tired to update Outlook 2000 with Service Pak 3. I | received a message, "TRY LATER" having problems..." HELP! ...

Reapply Service Pack 2?
I've been advised by my anti-spam vendor to re-apply Service Pack 2 for Exchange. I recently uninstalled Outlook from the Exchange Server as I was told it should never be on the Exchange box. Something about the un-install of Exchange broke the anti-spam software and they say it's a CDO issue. Is this sound advice? Anything I should be aware of when re-applying the service pack? It is a single server environment, E2K3 SP2 running on Windows 2000 Server. Thanks in advance, Gayle Robb NWAF -- Robbit - IT Manager On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:55:02 -0700, Robbit <Robbit@discuss...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...

what types of data can be co-located?
Is there a list of what types of protection groups can be co-located. I tried to co-locate some system states and that didn't work, so I was wondering can you co-locate hyper-v or exchange. Hi Kelly, Co-location is support for backup of Hyper-V VMs, SQL databases and user data from laptops/desktops. The primary aim is to reduce the no. of volumes for cases where the number of data sources (protected items) can be large. For Exchange, the data size for each data source is much larger and the total no. of data sources is relatively small, hence co-location is not require...

Ability to freeze inventory?
I'm getting requests from my shop managers to have a way to 'freeze' inventory, so they can take their physical inventories, do research, etc, which may take a few days while the shop is running normally. I suspect there is some sort of way of accomplishing this in RMS and we simply don't understand it, or the terminology is different. I'm a tech guy and not a retail expert,so pardon me if this is a dumb question. So for instance.. we do a physical inventory monday night... we count 100 quatity of item ABC, expected quantity was 95. Store opens on tuesday. sales oc...

Inventory Suggestions
We are starting our physical inventory this coming friday and I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or anything I should be aware of when entering everything in. Please also tell me if you had any problems..... THANKS!!! we've had issues using the physical inventory feature in RMS along with a Symbol bar code scanner. What we were attempting to do was scan in items one by one and have them tallied up in the inventory window in RMS. But, on some occasions the cursor wouldn't move back to the correct field so that the SKU# was being input as the Quantity on hand. This wou...

eRec transaction type requiring G/L accounts (??)
I have our eRec bank format within Great Plains setup and ready to go. The checks appear to be setup and matching the file from the bank. However, I am wanting some clarification on those "other" transactions included by the bank file -- other than "Check" or "Check Reversal", that is. Namely, this includes EFT/ACH credits & debits and wire transfers, banking fees etc. I have looked at the documentation and below is what I am having trouble explaining why this is needed or what it is exactly that setting up the G/L account field for these types of tra...

Using Web Services
I just downloaded the Web Services Toolkit for Office 2003. Because our IT folks have all of our systems "locked down", I had to have one of them run the installation. Since I'm new to this, I was looking at some notes in an Access Advisor magazine on how to run web services. In the article I read, it indicates that "after you have downloaded and installed the Toolkit, Access will have a new menu item named Web Services References on the Tools menu in the VBA IDE". Unfortunately, when I run Access, I am not seeing this new menu item. Could it be a result o...

RMS and Inventory
Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is it packaged all together. We are currently looking to replace our Inventory Software (dataworks) but do not need to replace our POS systems, therefore we do not want the POS side of RMS. If you replaced your inventory system with RMS and did not replace your POS then how would the inventory know if you sold something from the POS. RMS is all in one. I assume this is because you are very happy with your POS which is why you dont want to change it? "klewis" wrote: > Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is...

Problems with installation of MS Dynamics GP
On a server that is also running Business Portal 3.0 I have installed MSDynamics GP Webservices. I am using a domain account that has permissions on SQL Server running GP, for this installation. Verified all the pre-reqs. Installation got completed without any obvious errors. By default, Web Services got installed under the 'Default Website'. But the default web site also has business portal. When I tried to access the following for verifying the web service installation: http://machine_name/DynamicsGPWebServices/DynamicsGPService.asmx I saw an error message in the event viewer. E...