Inventory time coming up

Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to main,
count it and then transfer it back to the truck site  based on new load
amounts. Does anyone have an Insert script they have used to populate a
inventory transfer. I really don't want to manually switch all 5000 items.
0
Gloria (126)

Can you give a more detailed explaination of what you are trying to
accomplish and why.

"Gloria" wrote:

> Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to main,
> count it and then transfer it back to the truck site  based on new load
> amounts. Does anyone have an Insert script they have used to populate a
> inventory transfer. I really don't want to manually switch all 5000 items.
One of my inventory sites is a truck. I want to completely empty the
inventory items out of the truck and into our main inventory - both
physically and in great plains. To avoid spending two days transferring every
item from the one site to the other I want to be able to perhaps do a script
that will populate a transfer with all items on the truck to facilaitate the
transfer into main - to ease counting and the entering of two sites
inventory. I need to be able to do this quickly - hence the one button push
desire. We run GP8 with SQL.

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> Can you give a more detailed explaination of what you are trying to
> accomplish and why.
>
> "Gloria" wrote:
>
> > Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to main,
> > count it and then transfer it back to the truck site  based on new load
> > amounts. Does anyone have an Insert script they have used to populate a
> > inventory transfer. I really don't want to manually switch all 5000 items.
0
Gloria (126)
11/21/2005 3:35:11 PM
You could build a macro to do that.
I had sent the instructions to someone once before, but cant seem to find
that just now.
Search this forum for mail merge and macro.

It seems to me that you could just as well just do a cycle count of the
truck separately, no?

HS

"Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: One of my inventory sites is a truck. I want to completely empty the
: inventory items out of the truck and into our main inventory - both
: physically and in great plains. To avoid spending two days transferring
every
: item from the one site to the other I want to be able to perhaps do a
script
: that will populate a transfer with all items on the truck to facilaitate
the
: transfer into main - to ease counting and the entering of two sites
: inventory. I need to be able to do this quickly - hence the one button
push
: desire. We run GP8 with SQL.
:
: "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
:
: > Can you give a more detailed explaination of what you are trying to
: > accomplish and why.
: >
: > "Gloria" wrote:
: >
: > > Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to
main,
: > > count it and then transfer it back to the truck site  based on new
load
: > > amounts. Does anyone have an Insert script they have used to populate
: > > inventory transfer. I really don't want to manually switch all 5000
items.

0
HSalim (1270)
11/21/2005 5:42:19 PM

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> You could build a macro to do that.
> I had sent the instructions to someone once before, but cant seem to find
> that just now.
> Search this forum for mail merge and macro.
>
> It seems to me that you could just as well just do a cycle count of the
> truck separately, no?
>
> HS
>

> "Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : One of my inventory sites is a truck. I want to completely empty the
> : inventory items out of the truck and into our main inventory - both
> : physically and in great plains. To avoid spending two days transferring
> every
> : item from the one site to the other I want to be able to perhaps do a
> script
> : that will populate a transfer with all items on the truck to facilaitate
> the
> : transfer into main - to ease counting and the entering of two sites
> : inventory. I need to be able to do this quickly - hence the one button
> push
> : desire. We run GP8 with SQL.
> :
> : "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> :
> : > Can you give a more detailed explaination of what you are trying to
> : > accomplish and why.
> : >
> : > "Gloria" wrote:
> : >
> : > > Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to
> main,
> : > > count it and then transfer it back to the truck site  based on new
> load
> : > > amounts. Does anyone have an Insert script they have used to populate
> : > > inventory transfer. I really don't want to manually switch all 5000
> items.

0
Gloria (126)
11/21/2005 6:17:11 PM
Gloria,
I found the thread in Google Groups - it talks about deleting inventory
items; I am sure you can adapt it to your needs
The text is posted below.

HS
-----------------------------
How to delete a lot of inventoryAll 9 messages in topic - view as tree
     Kevin
           Apr 23 2004, 2:03 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> - Find messages by
this author
            Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:03:49 -0400
            Subject: How to delete a lot of inventory
original | Report Abuse

      I need to purge 3,000+ records from inventory.  I could do it one at a
time
      but....
      I don't want to delete everything.  Is there a tool to mass delete
selected
      ranges of inventory.  I could do this selectively in SQL but I don't
know if
      there are child records to consider etc.  I didn't see any tools along
this
      line except for File - Maintenance - Clear Data, but it empties the
entire
      table.  This inventory has never been on an invoice, or been through
any
      Great Plains processes.

      Thanks!

      Kevin Russell

     HSalim
           Apr 23 2004, 2:12 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> - Find messages by this author
            Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:12:09 -0400
            Subject: Re: How to delete a lot of inventory
original | Report Abuse

      Yes there are a lot of child records.
      The best bet for you would be to use a macro.
      do you have a list of items you want to delete?

      HS

      "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message

      > I need to purge 3,000+ records from inventory.  I could do it one at
      time
      > but....
      > I don't want to delete everything.  Is there a tool to mass delete
      selected
      > ranges of inventory.  I could do this selectively in SQL but I don't
know
      if
      > there are child records to consider etc.  I didn't see any tools
along
      this
      > line except for File - Maintenance - Clear Data, but it empties the
entire
      > table.  This inventory has never been on an invoice, or been through
any
      > Great Plains processes.

      > Thanks!

      > Kevin Russell

     Kevin
           Apr 23 2004, 2:25 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> - Find messages by
this author
            Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:25:52 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      I do.  In fact all inventory items I need to delete have a different
Class
      than those I need to keep.

      Kevin

      "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message

      > Yes there are a lot of child records.
      > The best bet for you would be to use a macro.
      > do you have a list of items you want to delete?

      > HS

      > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
      > > I need to purge 3,000+ records from inventory.  I could do it one
at a
      > time
      > > but....
      > > I don't want to delete everything.  Is there a tool to mass delete
      > selected
      > > ranges of inventory.  I could do this selectively in SQL but I
don't
      know
      > if
      > > there are child records to consider etc.  I didn't see any tools
along
      > this
      > > line except for File - Maintenance - Clear Data, but it empties
the
      entire
      > > table.  This inventory has never been on an invoice, or been
through any
      > > Great Plains processes.

      > > Thanks!

      > > Kevin Russell

     HSalim
           Apr 23 2004, 6:32 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> - Find messages by this author
            Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:32:35 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      I could do it in SQL, but really, why not just a macro.
      I suppose you can extract that item list into excel - even just item
numbers
      and
      using word, create a mail merge.
      I should take about an hour start to finish.

      If it can wait till Monday, I can help you with that.

      > I do.  In fact all inventory items I need to delete have a different
Class
      > than those I need to keep.

      > Kevin

      > "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message
      > > Yes there are a lot of child records.
      > > The best bet for you would be to use a macro.
      > > do you have a list of items you want to delete?

      > > HS

      > > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
      > > > I need to purge 3,000+ records from inventory.  I could do it
one at a
      > > time
      > > > but....
      > > > I don't want to delete everything.  Is there a tool to mass
delete
      > > selected
      > > > ranges of inventory.  I could do this selectively in SQL but I
don't
      > know
      > > if
      > > > there are child records to consider etc.  I didn't see any tools
along
      > > this
      > > > line except for File - Maintenance - Clear Data, but it empties
the
      > entire
      > > > table.  This inventory has never been on an invoice, or been
through
      any
      > > > Great Plains processes.

      > > > Thanks!

      > > > Kevin Russell

     Kevin
           Apr 26 2004, 10:23 am   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> - Find messages by
this author
            Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:23:54 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      I'd love an example of how to loop a macro off a list for this
process.  I
      wasn't able to locate macro syntax examples.  I recorded a macro,
saved it
      and looked to see how I could modify it but I didn't know enough to
      continue.

      I'd definetly appreciate your expertise!

      Kevin Russell
      ===========
      Here was part my test macro:

      # DEXVERSION=DEX 7.00m034 2 2
      CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Item_Maintenance' window
      'IV_Item_Maintenance'
        ClickHit field 'End of File Button - Toolbar'
        MoveTo field 'Delete Button'
        ClickHit field 'Delete Button'
      # Are you sure you want to delete this record?
      NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form DiaLog window DiaLog
        ClickHit field OK

      > I could do it in SQL, but really, why not just a macro.
      > I suppose you can extract that item list into excel - even just item
      numbers
      > and
      > using word, create a mail merge.
      > I should take about an hour start to finish.

      > If it can wait till Monday, I can help you with that.

      > HS
      > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
      > > I do.  In fact all inventory items I need to delete have a
different
      Class
      > > than those I need to keep.

      > > Kevin

      > > "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message
      > > > Yes there are a lot of child records.
      > > > The best bet for you would be to use a macro.
      > > > do you have a list of items you want to delete?

      > > > HS

      > > > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
one at
      > > > time
      > > > selected
      > > know
      > > > if
tools
      along
      > > > this
      > > entire
      > any

     HSalim
           Apr 26 2004, 12:37 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> - Find messages by this author
            Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:37:51 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      Kevin
      Attachments are not welcome in NGs, so I have emaled you a mail merge
      example.

      You can use this macro without mail merge - just copy the entire text
and
      paste it repeatedly in the document.  it will repeat as many times as
you
      paste.
      Ofcourse this is a poor way to do it because you dont have a lot of
control,
      but I have used that in some cases as well.

      > I'd love an example of how to loop a macro off a list for this
process.  I
      > wasn't able to locate macro syntax examples.  I recorded a macro,
saved it
      > and looked to see how I could modify it but I didn't know enough to
      > continue.

      > I'd definetly appreciate your expertise!

      > Kevin Russell
      > ===========
      > Here was part my test macro:

      > # DEXVERSION=DEX 7.00m034 2 2
      > CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Item_Maintenance'
window
      > 'IV_Item_Maintenance'
      >   ClickHit field 'End of File Button - Toolbar'
      >   MoveTo field 'Delete Button'
      >   ClickHit field 'Delete Button'
      > # Are you sure you want to delete this record?
      > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form DiaLog window DiaLog
      >   ClickHit field OK

      > "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message
      > > I could do it in SQL, but really, why not just a macro.
      > > I suppose you can extract that item list into excel - even just
item
      > numbers
      > > and
      > > using word, create a mail merge.
      > > I should take about an hour start to finish.

      > > If it can wait till Monday, I can help you with that.

      > > HS
      > > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
      > > > I do.  In fact all inventory items I need to delete have a
different
      > Class
      > > > than those I need to keep.

      > > > Kevin

      > > > "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message

it one
      at
      don't
      > > > know
      > along
empties
      the
      > > > entire
      > > any

     noyb
           Apr 27 2004, 8:10 am   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: noyb <Anonym...@NOYB.com> - Find messages by this author
            Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:10:28 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      Why not cut and paste your solution here so we can all learn, which is
the idea
      of a discussion group, is it not??

     Kevin
           Apr 27 2004, 12:18 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> - Find messages by
this author
            Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:18:41 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      Thank you very much Habib!  The process works great.  It's given me a
great
      tool to apply to similar type tasks.  Since others want to see how to
do it
      I'll post the steps.

      1) Go into Smart List and create a list of inventory you want to
delete.
      2) Select Excel.  Save the worksheet, any name you wish.
      3) Open Word document paste Mail Merge syntax.  Here is the code Habib
gave
      me:

      #�Merge Record #�  this is a comment line

      NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Item_Maintenance' window
      'IV_Item_Maintenance'

        TypeTo field 'Item Number' , '�Item_Number�'

        MoveTo field 'Item Description'

        MoveTo field 'Delete Button'

        ClickHit field 'Delete Button'

      # Are you sure you want to delete this record?

      NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form DiaLog window DiaLog

        ClickHit field OK

      4) With the Macro Toolbar displayed select the following:

          o Open Data Source.  Select your spreadsheet.

          o Insert Merged Fields:  Even though �Item_Number� was on the
document

             I had to 'insert' it again for the data to populate the merged
      document (only on the new document I created.)

          o Mail Merge Recipients:  Select whatever range you want from the
      spreadsheet

          o Merge to New Document:

          o Save the merged document as a text file.

      5) Remane the text file as *.mac, a macro file.

      6) Open Great Plains and make sure the Item Maintenance window is
open:
      Cards --> Inventory --> Item

      7) Select Tools --> Macro --> Play.  Select your macro

      This will purge all items.  Wonderfull tool.

      Thanks again Habib!

      > Kevin
      > Attachments are not welcome in NGs, so I have emaled you a mail
merge
      > example.

      > You can use this macro without mail merge - just copy the entire
text and
      > paste it repeatedly in the document.  it will repeat as many times
as you
      > paste.
      > Ofcourse this is a poor way to do it because you dont have a lot of
      control,
      > but I have used that in some cases as well.

      > HS

      > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
      > > I'd love an example of how to loop a macro off a list for this
process.
      > > wasn't able to locate macro syntax examples.  I recorded a macro,
saved
      it
      > > and looked to see how I could modify it but I didn't know enough
      > > continue.

      > > I'd definetly appreciate your expertise!

      > > Kevin Russell
      > > ===========
      > > Here was part my test macro:

      > > # DEXVERSION=DEX 7.00m034 2 2
      > > CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Item_Maintenance'
window
      > > 'IV_Item_Maintenance'
      > >   ClickHit field 'End of File Button - Toolbar'
      > >   MoveTo field 'Delete Button'
      > >   ClickHit field 'Delete Button'
      > > # Are you sure you want to delete this record?
      > > NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form DiaLog window DiaLog
      > >   ClickHit field OK

      > > "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message
      > > > I could do it in SQL, but really, why not just a macro.
      > > > I suppose you can extract that item list into excel - even just
item
      > > numbers
      > > > and
      > > > using word, create a mail merge.
      > > > I should take about an hour start to finish.

      > > > If it can wait till Monday, I can help you with that.

      > > > HS
      > > > "Kevin" <russe...@darden.virginia.edu> wrote in message
      > > Class

it
      one
      > at
mass
      delete
      > don't
      > > along
      > the
      > through
      > > > any

     HSalim
           Apr 27 2004, 5:20 pm   show options

            Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
            From: "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> - Find messages by this author
            Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:20:08 -0400
original | Report Abuse

      Kevin,
      Thanks for posting that.  I'm really glad that it worked so well for
you.

      One note for those of you who may not know how,
      You can get GP to write out the macro code by first recording a macro.
This
      will generate a skeleton macro. Next, copy that macro code into word,
edit
      it to make a merge document and you are on your merry way.

      Regards
      HS

begin 666 dot_clear.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end

0
HSalim (1270)
11/21/2005 6:47:48 PM
Thanks for getting that for me - What I did was run a SQL Script to transfer
all the truck stock into the main inventory and then we just counted the main
inventory. It worked great.

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
>       wasn't able to locate macro syntax examples.  I recorded a macro,
> saved it
>       and looked to see how I could modify it but I didn't know enough to
>       continue.
>

>       I'd definetly appreciate your expertise!
>

>       Kevin Russell
>       ===========
>       Here was part my test macro:
>

>       # DEXVERSION=DEX 7.00m034 2 2
>       CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form 'IV_Item_Maintenance' window
>       'IV_Item_Maintenance'
>         ClickHit field 'End of File Button - Toolbar'
>         MoveTo field 'Delete Button'
>         ClickHit field 'Delete Button'
>       # Are you sure you want to delete this record?
>       NewActiveWin dictionary 'default'  form DiaLog window DiaLog
>         ClickHit field OK
>

>       "HSalim" <HSa...@msn.com> wrote in message

>       > I could do it in SQL, but really, why not just a macro.

Microsoft date and time picker control
The drop down calendars i have created continue to lose their formatting, whenever i close the document. When i re-open the document i am forced to go back into design mode, and resize the objects. Any ideas on how to fix this? ...

McAfee slows CRM response time
McAfee seems to slow down CRM response time considerably. 30-45 seconds to load a page. We've disabled scriptscan. What else can be done to configure this? McAfee 8.5.... or 8.0 Seems it has on access scan of the IE Temp folders and it slows it down. ...

Time Stamp Recalculates with Each Entry
I'm using a barcode scanner to input data into Excel. The following is used to create my timestamp. Unfortunately, each time I scan, all the previous entries scan with the most recent scan. In other words, if I have 10 scans, they all have the same date. How do I ensure that once I scan, its timestamp doesn't change. See below: =IF(ISBLANK($I$17),"",NOW()) Tony See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <GcGdnXH8SuKcH8banZ2dnUVZ_veinZ2d@insightbb.com>, "ajocius" <ajocius@insightbb.com> wrote: > I'm using a ba...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Windows Security message each time
WINDOWS SECURITY Please verify that user name and password are correct for your mail server. Does anyone know how to set this one time only? I have to put in ID & PW each time to receive or send. It is a nuisance. Thanks, -- Cathy Do you have the "Remember password" checkbox checked? You probably do but if you don't then that is the likely cause. Otherwise the most likely cause is your antivirus software. What AV software are you using? Nearly every day, one of the experts provides instructions for removing support of email scanning. One of t...

Display of Outlook Calendar appointment end times
Although I want the display of Outlook Calendar appointment start times when in Month view, how can I stop the display of the appointment end times? "Mark Rack" <Mark Rack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707BF074-B5F8-475B-98D0-E9D89472324E@microsoft.com... > Although I want the display of Outlook Calendar appointment start times when > in Month view, how can I stop the display of the appointment end times? Right-click an empty area of the calendar, choose Other Settings, and uncheck "Show end times". -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outl...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

Ftp : how to detect a Time Out
Hello everybody, I use MFC classes CInternetSession and CFtpConnection to open a permanent connection to a ftp server. But this server disconnect me after a given time. Can I detect a time out from the server on the client side (my code !) ? Or should I test directly an internet handle ? Thanks very much for your help. cyril.delmas@gmail.com wrote: > I use MFC classes CInternetSession and CFtpConnection to open a > permanent connection to a ftp server. But this server disconnect me > after a given time. Can I detect a time out from the server on the > client side (my code !) ? ...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

Time Stamp
Is there a way to date and time an entry without using the "NOW" an "TODAY" function (as it gets updated everytime the worksheet i opened)? For instance, how is it done so that everytime a letter is entered in column, the column next to it will populate the date/time the letter i entered in the spread sheet? Is this do-able? Thanks for any info -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there a way to date and time an entry without using the &quo...

Times New Roman not kerned

Cannot add a time for an event
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi, <br><br>I cannot add a time for an event in Calendar. When I try, only the AM or PM is available. The box is the correct size when in calendar, but when I go to preferences, there is no room in the box for the time. There is only room enough for the AM or PM status. I fixed this by going into system preferences, date &amp; time, open language and text, and clicking on the formats button. There, I changed the region to United States (It was custom). This solved my iss...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Time Fromulas
I have a sheet in which one column is for "Actual Time", i have to allo the time band wise (which is one hour) %age to Actual time column. How can i allot it with formula or macro? Data Sample is: Time Band %age 89% 100% 100% 100% NA NA NA 100% 100% -72% 100% 12% 100% -66% 100% 33% 100% 100% 81% 57% 50% 100% 48% 94% Time Band for 24 Hrs 0:59:00 1:59:00 2:59:00 3:59:00 4:59:00 5:59:00 6:59:00 7:59:00 8:59:00 9:59:00 10:59:00 11:59:00 12:59:00 13:59:00 14:59:00 15:59:00 16:59:00 17:59:00 18:59:00 19:59:00 20:59:00 21:59:00 22:59:00 23:59:00 Actual Time ...

Creating Sub (sub) menus dynamically at run time
I'm trying to create/modify my menu at run-time. I can modify the menu to one level deep easily enough, as follows: // 1. VIEW MENU (CHANGE DEPENDING ON AUTOCAD OR LEAD) // 1.1 Get the menu from the application window. CMenu* mmenu =3D m_pApp.m_MainFrame->GetMenu(); // 1.2 Look for "OVERLAY" menu. int pos =3D FindMenuItem(mmenu, "Overlay"); if (pos =3D=3D -1) return; CMenu *submenu =3D mmenu->GetSubMenu(pos); // 1.3 Delete Current Menu Items for (int i=3Dsubmenu->GetMenuItemCount();i>=3D0;--i) submenu->DeleteMenu(i, MF_BYPOSITION); pos =3D 0; submen...

Formula for Date and Time duration
Morning All, I have to work out the time in which a case has taken to resolve on our system. Now in Excel I have the Case Date (Date opened), Case Time (Time opened), Closure Date, Closure Time. Does anyone have a formula that works out the Number of Days and Time it has taken to resolve a case? This needs to not include weekends and the working hours 08:30 to 18:30. This is way beyond my knowledge but I'm sure it can be done, I'm hoping someone has a formula for this already. -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Evening Adam! I have Date Opened in A1 Time Opened in ...

XSLT: Loading Single Image Multiple Times
I've built and XSLT that is used to generate a simple TreeView-type, web-based control (ASP.NET / C#). When the tree is fully transformed (client-side, JavaScript transformation), there are about 5 different images that are referenced (page.gif, folder.gif, plus.gif, minus.gif, and clearpixel.gif). What I assumed would happen would be that once it loads page.gif, every place in the transformed HTML document that references page.gif would load at the same time. However, what really happens is the client will request the image page.gif for each and every instance of page.gif on th...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Enter same text in mulitple worksheets at the same time
I have a workbook that has 109 worksheets in it, now I need to have the same layout on each page is there a way to type it on wrksht 1 so that it will automactally enter the same text through out the rest of the wrkshts? Or is the old fashion way the only way out of this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 Select the first sheet (click sheet tab), hold down shift and click the last sheet tab to group the sheets, now enter the text, when done right click any sheet tab and select ungroup sheets Regards, Peo Sjoblom Newbee via ...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

time !
I want o add up Time codes that are for 24 hours The time codes are of the form 00001506 which means 15 seconds and 06 hundredths of a second. obviously the problem is that the 'seconds' and the 'minutes' fields are modulo 60 and the 'hours' field is modulo 24. Thanks in advance! One way: =(LEFT(A1,2)+MID(A1,3,2)/60 + RIGHT(A1,4)/360000)/24 In article <uTysQpQTGHA.4384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, Rick Merrill <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote: > I want o add up Time codes that are for 24 hours > > The time codes are of the form > 0000150...

Execute macro at pre-set time
Does anybody know how to make an Excel macro/VBA procedure execute automatically at pre-set time (for instance, at mid night)? Jean, You can use the OnTime method of the Application object to do this. See www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1276d01c3f63d$8d8d6e00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how to make an Excel macro/VBA procedure > execute automatically at pre-set time (fo...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...