Inventory Revalue

We are currently on GP version 8.0.  Items are set up with revalue inventory
checked and tolerance = 0%.  Purchase receipt cost/inventory does not revalue
when there is a variance between invoice cost and PO receipt cost.  Is there
some set up that we are missing that would cause this functionality to not
work?
0
jwilliam1 (1)

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...

Ability to freeze inventory?
I'm getting requests from my shop managers to have a way to 'freeze' inventory, so they can take their physical inventories, do research, etc, which may take a few days while the shop is running normally. I suspect there is some sort of way of accomplishing this in RMS and we simply don't understand it, or the terminology is different. I'm a tech guy and not a retail expert,so pardon me if this is a dumb question. So for instance.. we do a physical inventory monday night... we count 100 quatity of item ABC, expected quantity was 95. Store opens on tuesday. sales oc...

Inventory Suggestions
We are starting our physical inventory this coming friday and I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or anything I should be aware of when entering everything in. Please also tell me if you had any problems..... THANKS!!! we've had issues using the physical inventory feature in RMS along with a Symbol bar code scanner. What we were attempting to do was scan in items one by one and have them tallied up in the inventory window in RMS. But, on some occasions the cursor wouldn't move back to the correct field so that the SKU# was being input as the Quantity on hand. This wou...

Bank Reconciliation and multicurrency revaluation don't match
We are running bank reconciliation and multicurrency revaluation reports that are giving us different ending balance for our USD cash account. Any idea why would that be? Thanks, GG ...

RMS and Inventory
Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is it packaged all together. We are currently looking to replace our Inventory Software (dataworks) but do not need to replace our POS systems, therefore we do not want the POS side of RMS. If you replaced your inventory system with RMS and did not replace your POS then how would the inventory know if you sold something from the POS. RMS is all in one. I assume this is because you are very happy with your POS which is why you dont want to change it? "klewis" wrote: > Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is...

Physical Inventory update
I have a count that is about 27 days old. I have the book values as of that day. What is the easiest way to update the quantities. Hi Bill, If you are interested we can offer a custom wolution for Physical inventory update. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Bill Cunningham" wrote: > I have a count that is about 27 days old. I have the book values as of that > day. What is the easiest way to update the quantities. > This is more about the client's circumstances than new software. We have the problem solved. Thanks for your respons...

Inventory Turns/Average Inventory
Hello: We are in the process of creating a Crystal Report which contains the Number of turns YTD, and Annual Turns, amongst other data, and cannot seem to locate these fields within GP. We know how to calculate these numbers using the average inventory values found on the Inventory Turnover Report, but we cannot find this field either, besides on this 1 report. Does anyone know where we can find these fields, or more importantly, how to calculate the average inventory ourselves? To recalculate the Average cost on GP or any other ERP, you need to calculate this formula: AVERAGE COST...

Transfer inventory in
Hello, Its possible to import data from a mobile scanner in a Physical Inventory count. But is it also possible to do that in an Transfer inventory in or Purchase order, without a outgoing transfer or purchase order? One of my clients asked for this, because he receives many products without an order. And don't wan't to fill it in per hand. Hope somebody can help me. Kind regards. Raymond Bakker The Netherlands. Sorry, something went wrong! -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands "Raymond Bakker" wrote: > Hello, > > Its possible to...

Inventory Items as NON-Inventory Items
I have seen several cases today where during a receipt from PO, an item was marked as non-inventory. It had been entered on the PO that way. Problem is, these items have all been inventory items for several years. How can someone enter a PO for an inventory item and have the PO line marked as non-inventory? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Richard, Check how the item number is being entered. This is usually caused by trailin...

order not posting and inventory being allocated to it
Hi We have an order that has shipped complete, however the order itself is not showing as posted. We found this out, only because we have parts in inventory allocated to that order and we don't know why. If you pull up the part # in Inquiry-Inventory-Item it shows a quantity allocated, when we click on allocated it tells us the order#, when we pull up the order all the lines have shipped complete. We don't know how these parts got allocated to this order, but we need to unallocate them for use on another order and we can't because none of the lines on the order can be ed...

Multi-Store inventory
In the Item record in HQ, there is a tab to see the items that are available at the other stores? Is this tab supposed to be on the item records at the store level also? I cannot find it when I am at one of my store computers looking for inventory in another store. Any ideas? Thanks, There should be a button in the Item List screen below the Copy button that says "Check Stores". You can select an item and click Check Stores and it shows you inventory at the other stores. I remember having trouble getting this to work at first for us but it works great for now. I think the butto...

Pension Policies
Does anybody know a tidy way to record revaluations of pension policies in MS Money? For instance, a policy can increase in value from £10,000 to £12,000 due to investment gains of the funds in that policy. How would you go about recording this? Would you record this as an Investment Transaction? If so, what Activity would you allocate to this transaction? Thanks in advance for any useful pointers. "Peter Barrett" <PeterBarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:987F89B8-7A89-400D-815A-22FA47FE6DA2@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know a tidy w...

Inventory year-end closing messages
Got these messages during inventory year-end closing process: 1) An open operation on table 'IV_Reconcile_PO_TEMP' has an incorrect record length. 2) An open operation on table 'IV_Reconcile_PO_TEMP' failed because the path does not exist. The year-end process proceeded after clicking the OK button of each message but could there be any implications because of this? What might have caused this error? ...

Transferring from selling inventory to lease inventory
We both sell and lease items like refrigerators and ice machines and I've hit a problem managing this with RMS. When we receive new equipment, it all goes into our regular inventory (both physicaly and in RMS). If someone wants to lease a unit, we take one from our store, but I can't figure out how to handle this in RMS. The machine still belongs to us, but it is not available for sale. Looking to future issues, in three years, when the lease on the unit is up, we will either sell it to the customer or bring it back to our store and sell it as used. How would we bring this uni...

Dimensional Inventory used in POP
I'd like to find an ISV that uses dimensions during the POP process to calculate total units. For example, prompt the end user for Length x Width, then calculate total units for the Purchase Order. I've been searching the ISV channel with no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Chris ...

Inventory Issue
Hi, I am trying to do an inventory report in a store operations Database. Under the premise that all the inventory transactions are in inventorytransferlog table and all the sales are in the [transaction] table I am seeing that there are discrepancies between this tables and the quantity that appears in the item table. My question is if there are another tables I have to use or if this means that there are an inconsistency in the inventory of RMS. Thks for yout time Rodrigo ...

Printing the Historical Inventory Trial Balance reprots
Ok, i know this sounds like a stupid question (at least to me it does), but where the heck to access and the print the HITB reports from in v10 Sp2? Thanks Chad Hi Chad I think you need to install the Feature Pack 1 also. ----- Patrick B. "Fliehigh" wrote: > Ok, i know this sounds like a stupid question (at least to me it does), but > where the heck to access and the print the HITB reports from in v10 Sp2? > > Thanks > > Chad I've been looking for that elusive report too Chad. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynami...