Inventory Report showing material and Labor costs

Using V9.0,  manufacturing.  I cant find a report that shows material and
labor costs for an item that we build

Where can I find this report?  I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order,
and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number.

This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs
are not correct.

thanks
--
Doug
0

Well, with manufacturing, the costs are generated MO by MO.  There is no
report that sumarizes a range of MOs.  You could create this in Crystal or
SRS.  You would want, for each cost category, to list the average, min, and
max values.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Doug" wrote:

> Using V9.0,  manufacturing.  I cant find a report that shows material and
> labor costs for an item that we build
>
> Where can I find this report?  I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order,
> and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number.
>
> This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs
> are not correct.
>
> thanks
> --
> Doug
0
info4071 (3004)

GP Report Writer Installs
We have a GP DR/Test server. We discovered that the customization/report writer references our production server. How do you correct this situation. Check the Dynamics.set file on the Test server installation of the cliient directory for GP. You can edit it Word pad. Copy over the existing Reports.dic to a different location then the current production reports dictionary. Good Luck, Kevin "Max" wrote: > We have a GP DR/Test server. We discovered that the customization/report > writer references our production server. How do you correct this situation. ...

Marcro to Create PDF from Access Report
I want to create a macro that fires off once a day to create a PDF file from an access report. How to? ...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Count fields and show 1 or 0
OK guys, I have another problem I will post here and on another post if nobody reads this. I have the same 5 (A2:E2)fields, each with a 1 or 0. What I need this time is that If A2 is 1, then I need A2 plus any 2 (1or true) of the remaining four (B2:E2), to them have the new field box called total to read 1 or true. If A2 is 0(false), then regardless of the other four, the Total field must read 0 or false. Does this make sense? Thanks again! Hi In your Total box =IF(A2=0,0,IF(SUM(B2:E2)>=2,1,0)) -- Regards Roger Govier <slagg7575@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1157315724....

Sensitive material accidentally sent to all mailboxes.
One of my users in upper management accidentally emailed sensitive material to everyone in our global address list. I was told to shut down the server so no one else could read this email. Is there an easy way to remove this email from everyone’s inbox? If you know the subject, Exmerge. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232006 On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:13:03 -0700, "smcconom" <smcconom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >One of my users in upper management accidentally emailed sensitive material >to everyone in our global address list. I was to...

Adding Report Parameter
Hi there, if I add the following - to the parentreport in section <Subreport Name="testSR"><Parameters> <Parameter Name="testString"> <Value>="hallo world"</Value> </Parameter> - to the subreport in section <ReportParameters> <ReportParameter Name="testString"> <DataType>String</DataType> <Nullable>true</Nullable> <AllowBlank>true</AllowBlank> </ReportParameter> I get "error: the subreport could not be shown" Why? TIA, Mart...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

pivot tables show zeros
I have a great povit table however, I would like to have a 0 (Zero) to show were there is no value. Right-click on a cell in the pivot table Choose Table Options Check the box for 'For empty cells show' In the box, type a zero Click OK sueanne wrote: > I have a great povit table however, I would like to have a 0 (Zero) to show > were there is no value. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Povit tables I mean. I know I have do this in the past Looking in the format area. "sueanne" wrote: > I have a gre...

Control Source for text box on a report
I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box that counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I want to add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the table for that department. How can I easily do this? Thank You, CEV I forgot to mention that I would also like to add yet another text box that adds the total of all the other text boxes that contain the total number of ...

GP Report Writer Resources
Can anyone recommend any resources for getting up to speed with Report Writer and all the idiosyncrasies? The help documentation is quite vague on detail. Thanks, Colin ...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Count fields and show names
Hello all, I have an excel spreadsheet that has 5 fields (cells-HIP, WAIST, ARM, LEGS, HEAD) each with a value of 1 or 0 (True or False) I need a formua to count the 5 fields and if there are 3/5 that are 1 (True) then fill a new cell (Total) with 1(True), if there are less than 3 fields, then False (0). But would it also be possible to show which fields, along with the value of 1 or 0, were true and which were false? For example, 3/5 fields--->True False HIP, WAIST, HEAD ARMS, LEGS Thanks a million for you time! Hi slagg - the first part is simple in the tot...

Adding Reports to CRM error
I am having an issue with custom reports added to CRM, i am able to run them as administrator but not as a sales rep. i also cannot edit the properties of the reports in CRM . I have added the reporting group to the root of the reporting server as well as the NT authourity account. Sql reporting is on the SQL server, SQL 2005 and the reports are done in Visual Studio 2005. You cannot edit the report properties. Does it happen to only custom reports or you mean you cannot edit the report properties for all of the reports? ---Min -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no war...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...

CComboBox shows edit only
Hi, Is there any way to change a CComboBox style so it only shows its edit control like an edit control? I need it sometimes takes user input only but no selection required. Thanks for any help, Mike "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<705a01c4cd18$de499550$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > Is there any way to change a CComboBox style so it only > shows its edit control like an edit control? I need it > sometimes takes user input only but no selection > required. Thanks for any help, > You could reduce the si...

actual versus plan reports
anyone have any ideas?? -- thanks I am using Money 2005 Deluxe and am having a tough time getting it to do something. I want to be able to track actual versus a budget (get a report -- monthly, yearly) for selected income and expense categories. I have an investment property that i want to be able to track actuals versus budget. I would also like to be able to have a budget for personal expenses. I don't seem to be able to get an actual versus budget report for certain categories or classification 1 (which i am using for this property) without including all of my other budget it...

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

Outlook 2007 sending reported error: 0X800ccc92
Trying to set up a new email account on my laptop running Win7 (upgrade from Vista) and Outlook 2007. The set up instructions have been reviewed and re-reviewed and I know are correct. I can receive email but cannot send email. Receive the following error: Sending reported error: 0X800CCC92. Email server rejected the log in.... The administrator has checked everything and nothing works to correc the issue. Anyone have any suggestions?? ...

Ability to freeze inventory?
I'm getting requests from my shop managers to have a way to 'freeze' inventory, so they can take their physical inventories, do research, etc, which may take a few days while the shop is running normally. I suspect there is some sort of way of accomplishing this in RMS and we simply don't understand it, or the terminology is different. I'm a tech guy and not a retail expert,so pardon me if this is a dumb question. So for instance.. we do a physical inventory monday night... we count 100 quatity of item ABC, expected quantity was 95. Store opens on tuesday. sales oc...

print preview show in colour
At the moment I can only get my print preview to show in grayscale instead of colour I've previously had it working in colour but had to re install office and now have only grayscale Have you installed the service packs? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "rows" <rows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FFE0A1F-2529-4B12-A505-C324C3652844@microsoft.com... > At the moment I can only get my print preview to show in grayscale instead of > colour I've previously had it working in colour but had to re install office > and now have only grays...

how to show an icon?
hi! i have a dialog based app using a CWinApp derived own app class. the problem is that i am not able to use my own icon... what i have done is to create my own icon and set it's id to IDR_MAINFRAME. am i missing anything? thanks, philipp Why not simply edit the contents of IDR_MAINFRAME (16x16 as well as 32x32)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bmirfb$ncj$07$1@news.t-online.com... | hi! | | i have a dialog based app using a CWinApp derived own app class. | | the problem is that i am...