Inventory is wrong, purchase receipts is wrong

Item A in the Inquiry > Inventory > Item Transaction for
Site A yields the following:

Receipt 12/11/2003  Qty 12
Variance  17/7/2004 Qty (12)
Receipt 1/9/2004    Qty 8
Receipt 1/9/2004    Qty 3
Receipt 1/22/2004   Qty 5
Receipt 1/22/2004   Qty 6
Adj 1/22/2004       Qty(1)
Adj 1/22/2004       Qty(2)
Tranfer 1/23/04     Qty 1

According to this, I would have a total of 20. However,
the Transfer on 1/23/2004 is transferring FROM Site A TO
Site B.  Why is this not a negative?  As well, this does
not show in the purchase receipts.  At the very end, if I
add up the quantities from this report, using (1) as the
qty for Site A, I should have On Hand 4.  GP says 6.

If I look at the transactions for Site B, the transfer
does not show at all.  The total qty is 2, which matches
the On Hand, but where is the increase of the 1 from the
transfer?

From what I calculate, Site A should be 4 instead of 6
and Site B should be 3 instead of 2.  When this item has
a cost of over $2000, you can see my issue.

We have over 10,000 items.  I can't check every single
one.  How are we supposed to reconcile if the
transactions are not showing correctly, the purchase
receipts is different from the transaction inquiry, stock
status is wrong because it pulls from the incorrect
purchase receipts.

Are we not supposed to be able to count the quantities
from the Item Transaction Inquiry correctly then match
that to our On Hand??
0
luvsql1 (5)

Wrong address for replays!
Hello, A friend of mine has a very funny problem. She is using Outlook 2003, Win XP through Comcast cable link. Her Outlook works find. She sends and recieves messages without a problem. But if somebody just replies without typeing her address explicitly, their message is not delivered since the reply address is slightly wrong. This address was at some poiunt entered Outlook by mistake, and I cannot find where it is. I removed her comcast email account from Outlook and setup it fresh and I used regedit to clean registry from the wrong reply address without success. How can I get ri...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

Wrong balances in portfolio manager
I am using Money 2007 on WinXp. At the bottom of the portfolio manager view (grouped by investment type) it shows the cash balances in various currencies. Those balances are wrong and do not match with the subtotal. The subtotal in base currency is correct. Any idea how to solve this? Christian ...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

Fields used Standard Cost Rollup Work
We need to better-understand how the SC Rollup works. Specifically, what field(s) does GP use to calculate proposed standard cost for PURCHASED items? We're getting funky data and need to drill down on it. Thanks, in advance, for your help. G ...

Wrong address in reply
We presently have email addresses through our ISP that read ajk@finite-design.com. We also are running Microsoft exchange. When someone sends an email to an individual outside our company it is delivered and if that person replies to that email we receive it ok. The problem exists when someone in our organization sends an email outside our company and copies one or more people within our organization. When the individual replies to all: the email gets back to the person that sent it but the people that it was copied to do not get there's. The reply addresses on the email is corr...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Offline Inventory & Main Inventory
If items are kept in offline inventory and you run out of them in main inventory, and a po is run to replinish inventory from a specific vendor who carries this item, it will show up on the po. Is there a way to make the RMS PO process aware of offline inventory so over ordering does not occur? Offline and Main inventory are disconnected and needs to be connected so both are aware of each others levels. Anybody figured this one out or am I missing somthing here? Tnx, Richard Richard, The main purpose for offline inventory is that it _can't_ be sold (it's broke, defective, rec...

Wrong balances
Hi Friends I'm test driving the new Money 2006 and have this problem. The balance on the "Account Register" is correct but the balance on the "Accounts Transactions" (Reports>Account Transactions) is WAY off ($8,000 - $9,000). Any assistance will be appreciated. TIA Sam In microsoft.public.money, Metolius Dad wrote: > >I'm test driving the new Money 2006 and have this problem. The balance on >the "Account Register" is correct but the balance on the "Accounts >Transactions" (Reports>Account Transactions) is WAY off ($...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

Quantity on Hand filter for Inventory Wizard Worksheets
Posted on behalf of Digital Retail Solutions: We got another complaint today (over 100 now on this particular issue) regarding the fact RMS does not include any Quantity on Hand filter for ANY Inventory Wizard Worksheets. This wastes countless hours (all year long) sifting thru items you don't even have in stock. Absolutely maddening to end-users. I have sent this suggestion to MBS numerous times. Ironically the fix to this is so simple it's dumbfounding why it hasn't crept into a hotfix during the last 2 years (after I first suggested it). I haven't seen 1.3 yet but I...

How can I keep daily inventory?
I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I do this? There is a sample Excel inventory spreadsheet at the following web page: http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/fs_sw.htm Look on the above page for a "Basic Inventory Tracking Example" On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:27:12 -0800, "Missy" <Missy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to set up a base product inventory. Then on a daily basis input >product sold to match my orders w/ what was sold. How can I ...

Public Folders gone wrong
I have a client that recently split off from another domain. Used exmerge to backup affected user mailboxes for the new domain and exchange server. Other users are not showing this, but after migrating to new system this one user is showing in the Favorites listing two copies of every folder he has. One is the normal personal folder but for every folder shown there is a second "copy" that shows "in Public Folders". When clicked on it reports an undefined error with trying to talk to the target folder. The original folder looks fine and works. The "in Public Folders&q...

Ability to freeze inventory?
I'm getting requests from my shop managers to have a way to 'freeze' inventory, so they can take their physical inventories, do research, etc, which may take a few days while the shop is running normally. I suspect there is some sort of way of accomplishing this in RMS and we simply don't understand it, or the terminology is different. I'm a tech guy and not a retail expert,so pardon me if this is a dumb question. So for instance.. we do a physical inventory monday night... we count 100 quatity of item ABC, expected quantity was 95. Store opens on tuesday. sales oc...

Inventory Suggestions
We are starting our physical inventory this coming friday and I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or anything I should be aware of when entering everything in. Please also tell me if you had any problems..... THANKS!!! we've had issues using the physical inventory feature in RMS along with a Symbol bar code scanner. What we were attempting to do was scan in items one by one and have them tallied up in the inventory window in RMS. But, on some occasions the cursor wouldn't move back to the correct field so that the SKU# was being input as the Quantity on hand. This wou...

RMS and Inventory
Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is it packaged all together. We are currently looking to replace our Inventory Software (dataworks) but do not need to replace our POS systems, therefore we do not want the POS side of RMS. If you replaced your inventory system with RMS and did not replace your POS then how would the inventory know if you sold something from the POS. RMS is all in one. I assume this is because you are very happy with your POS which is why you dont want to change it? "klewis" wrote: > Is there a stand alone Inventory Module with RMS or is...

Physical Inventory update
I have a count that is about 27 days old. I have the book values as of that day. What is the easiest way to update the quantities. Hi Bill, If you are interested we can offer a custom wolution for Physical inventory update. Please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Bill Cunningham" wrote: > I have a count that is about 27 days old. I have the book values as of that > day. What is the easiest way to update the quantities. > This is more about the client's circumstances than new software. We have the problem solved. Thanks for your respons...

Outlook using wrong username to authenticate POP3
I have a client using Outlook configured for (Internet Mail Only) to access my POP3 server, from a Windows2000 Professional workstation. When he attempts to receive email, he gets the logon popup and has to enter his password, even through the checkbox to remember password is set in the account profile. Looking in the my servers event viewer is see a 680 and a 529 Event with logon failure. The funny thing is it's trying to logon using his machine username not his POP3 account username. What is causing Outlook to try using his machine username instead of the user name in the in...

Inventory Turns/Average Inventory
Hello: We are in the process of creating a Crystal Report which contains the Number of turns YTD, and Annual Turns, amongst other data, and cannot seem to locate these fields within GP. We know how to calculate these numbers using the average inventory values found on the Inventory Turnover Report, but we cannot find this field either, besides on this 1 report. Does anyone know where we can find these fields, or more importantly, how to calculate the average inventory ourselves? To recalculate the Average cost on GP or any other ERP, you need to calculate this formula: AVERAGE COST...

Transfer inventory in
Hello, Its possible to import data from a mobile scanner in a Physical Inventory count. But is it also possible to do that in an Transfer inventory in or Purchase order, without a outgoing transfer or purchase order? One of my clients asked for this, because he receives many products without an order. And don't wan't to fill it in per hand. Hope somebody can help me. Kind regards. Raymond Bakker The Netherlands. Sorry, something went wrong! -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands "Raymond Bakker" wrote: > Hello, > > Its possible to...

If WB not there; give message: What am I doing wrong?
Sub DEC_NY_AutoShape22_Click() ' ' AutoShape21_Click Macro ' Macro recorded 8/31/2009 by Rick Green ' Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' 'Dim wb As Workbook 'On Error Resume Next 'Set wb = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("DEC") 'On Error GoTo 0 'If wb Is Nothing Then ' MsgBox "Year not active for this month." 'Else ChDir _ "C:\Documents and Settings\RICK\My Documents\Calendar\Y2010" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\RICK\My Documents\Calenda...

Inventory Items as NON-Inventory Items
I have seen several cases today where during a receipt from PO, an item was marked as non-inventory. It had been entered on the PO that way. Problem is, these items have all been inventory items for several years. How can someone enter a PO for an inventory item and have the PO line marked as non-inventory? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Richard, Check how the item number is being entered. This is usually caused by trailin...