Internal Drive Missing

I have an internal drive that has been installed for a couple of years but
now isn't listed at all.
It did not come with a recovery disc.
How do I get the computer to recognize it?
I have restarted the computer and still  nothing.
0
Elly1 (3)

It's a good question but you're asking it in the wrong place. This forum is
for Dynamics GP.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Elly" wrote:

> I have an internal drive that has been installed for a couple of years but
> now isn't listed at all.
> It did not come with a recovery disc.
> How do I get the computer to recognize it?
> I have restarted the computer and still  nothing.
0
callen (2505)

Add Drive A to my Access Send To list
At predent the only place I can send my Access filr is to an email recipient. I want to Add Drive A so I can back up my work, Any suggestions please. TIA csmdave Send To is used to mail a copy of the current object (form, report, whatever). If you want to back up your work, exit Access and copy the .MDB file to drive A. Carl Rapson "csmdave" <csmdave@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:464585af$0$9973$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > At predent the only place I can send my Access filr is to an email > recipient. > I want to Add Drive A so I can back up my work, >...

Excel Hyperlinks
To my hero, My hyperlinks degrade. They have the error "Reference is not valid" eventhough the hyperlink worked previously. I am creating a resource spreadsheet. To search this spreadsheet I have created a network of internal hyperlinks. The links are to different cells on the same worksheet and on other worksheets within the workbook. The hyperlinks all work fine, even after closing the file and reopening it later. For some reason, the links are "corupted?" I do not change the location of the file (the location should be irrelevent if the links are int...

Looking for a missing feature
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In the 2007 edition of excel there was a button at the top called a &quot;Cell Styles button&quot; I can't seem to find it anywhere in the 2008 edition. With this button you could quickly format a cell by choosing a predefined style. Some of the options in this button were Heading1, Heading2, Titile,Total. Can anyone help me find this button or how to do the same thing. I have a Mac in the above post. Excel 2007 is the only version which currently offers that stuff. You can, however, create whatever custom styles ...

Internal Error
I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start Money. It does it twice, then goes back to my desktop. Any ideas? I have backups. Thanks. Try to start the sample.mny file - you can double click the file to launch it. Do not change it. Exit if it displays okay. If that fails too then the question is. did you change anything to your system like software or hardware? arthur == On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:01 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start ...

India and INR missing
Hi, I bought a Compaq machine with pre-loaded Windows XP Home edition. I stay in India. I was suprised to see that Windows XP Home edition does not show me India as a Country and Indian Rupees (INR) as a currency. I added INR as a currency in the currency table but could not add India as a country. Following are my queries: 1. Why are only few countries and currencies listed? 2. How should I add Country into the list? Regards, Sharma You don't say which version of Money you are using but in M2004 India and the INR are both there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tip...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...

internal and internal domain name
Hi all My domain/exchange server are set to internaldomain.local i.e. if I create a user the user e-mail address is user@internaldomain.local . Now I want to register a domain on the internet so that my user(s) can receive/send e-mail to external. Once I register my domain externaldomain.com and have my SOA records out there with something like 10 mail.externaldomain.com IP_Address MX will the mail sent to user@externaldomain.com be delivered to user@internaldomain.local? Thanks In news:%23LmpxqW9FHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, AAFC <nospamaafc@comcast.net> ...

Missing shared contacts folder
I have a contacts folder that is shared with me. I am not the owner but have Editor rights. I have added the user's mailbox to the Options | Email Accounts and the contact folder shows up under MY CONTACTS as HLS ADDRESS BOOK. Some times (cannot determine a pattern) when I open Outlook it is not there. Sometimes I can close outlook and reopen and it is there, sometimes I have to reboot. Sometimes even after rebooting a few times it is not there. What is going on ? ...

Laptop crashed, now cannot access PST file on network drive
Hi all, I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 with Exchange Server (version unknown). I was using Outlook on my laptop last when my laptop crashed. Unfortunately, my laptop has to be rebuilt. Thankfully, my PST file was on a network drive. However, I tried accessing it using Outlook on my desktop and I get the error "Unable to display the folder. The file <file path> could not be accessed because another workstation has modified it. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Is there a way I can "unlock" my PST file? Or is my only option restoring a las...

DVD drive spinning up
How can I prevent the DVD drive pinning up each time when NOT in use?? In configuration I have already disabled all auto run options! Or is the only remedy taking out the disk each time? -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os On 5/28/2010 10:17 AM, Linea Recta wrote: > How can I prevent the DVD drive pinning up each time when NOT in use?? > In configuration I have already disabled all auto run options! > Or is the only remedy taking out the disk each time? Well it spins up even without a disc in the drive actually. It is just quieter and it realizes pret...

uninstalling Office Test Drive; leaving my Word
I have my own MS Word program (CD) which is installed on my new IMac (it came across from my old Mac when I migrated the old Mac's HD.). Unfortunarely my new iMac came with a test drive version of MS OFFICE which expires in a few weeks. I do not need the Office components, only my own Word. I tried uninstalling the Test version, byt the uninstaller wants to uninstall everything, including my own Word copy. This is unacceptable because I write and have many important Word files. Is there any way to get rid of the Test Office version while leaving my own Word intact on the hard drive. I don&...

Computer hangs during boot if the eSATA drive is turned on
Ran into a problem preventing me from trying a couple of suggestions to work around the delayed write problem to an eSATA drive I wrote about earlier (Apr 8)..... Now my computer will not boot if the eSATA drive is turned on. It hangs right before it finishes loading the BIOS. About 95% of the way before the white progress bar finishes. Can't even hit F2 to configure or F12 to change boot order. So I have to turn the eSATA drive off then cycle the computer. Then of course it says it can't detect the SATA-4 device and I hit F1 to continue. Any ideas? On Apr 15...

URL Error Hitting Internal CRM
I have set up a CRM 3.0 server and all looks good... but when I try to hit the CRM intranet site that was created during the installation (http://myserver:5555) I have a problem from my XP clients. Basically when the client hits that url it goes to the site but IE then immediatly closes. When I do this as an admin from the server I get the window stating something like "crm is going to open another IE from crm and close the calling IE" I can then choose to close the existing IE and the new IE is launched into CRM. Clients get nothing and new new IE is launched. Is there s...

Missing INF File
PC crashed Running Windows XP Home Edition Have fixed the crash but have a problem that I did not have before Trying to put a HP J3680 Office Jet Multi Function printer working but get an error saying INF file missing Any help would be appreciated TIA "JMed" <jademedeiros@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2358BD8D-C6C4-43AA-B24E-F1B2E5D3D232@microsoft.com... > PC crashed > Running Windows XP Home Edition > Have fixed the crash but have a problem that I did not have before > Trying to put a HP J3680 Office Jet Multi Function printer working but ge...

RPC-HTTP tab missing
Please help: I am trying to configure exchange 2003 for RPC over http but the tab to configure that is missing in the server properties. Does anyone know how to get this enabled? Thank you, Jexba you must be upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 SP1,first -- Jammy "Tunji Ogundeji" <Tunj@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :uoI8LA#tEHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Please help: > > I am trying to configure exchange 2003 for RPC over http but the tab to > configure that is missing in the server properties. > > Does anyone know how to get this enabled? > > Thank ...

Mix SAS and SATA Drives
Hi all Just wondering whether there's any mileage in this - and if it's reasonable/possible. Considering the purchase of new servers 1. File/Print 2. Exchange. There is obviously the cost argument for using SATA drives and also the speed advantage for the SAS option. So is it possible to mix the two and have mirrored SAS for the operating system and key files and use RAID 5 SATA for data and the Exchange database. The reasoning is that the bottleneck for the operating system will be local architecture whereas restrictions on data will be network speed/traffic. Does an...

Scanning of A drive
I have used a windows shell, 2XExplorer on computers for years. The problem below is only with one machine, so it is IMO in windows, not the shell program. Only on this machine, every time I click on the desktop icon for it, or since it starts with windows, each time the screen opens, the A drive is scanned twice, so something causes scanning the A drive when 2XExplorer opens. I read a problem post on 2X-A drive but in my case the A drive had not been used, it was not focused by 2X before shutdown the last time, and of course, there was no floppy in A drive. I went into...

Outlook 2010 - Contact Activites Display
I just upgraded to Office 2010. My Journal, Calendar, and Task items are set to link to a contact. In Office 2007 when you open the contact and go to Activities (Show:All Items) it would list all of the these items. In 2010 all I get are emails. If I swtich to Show: Contacts it will show linked contacts but showing Journal and Upcoming Tasks/Appointments doesn't displace any results. To make sure that it wasn't a difference in linking between 2007 and 2010 I have saved new tasks and appointments that are linked back to the contact but they don't show up in the A...

Putting Hard Drives in the folder lists
Is their a way to list hard drive folders in the folder view (or any other view). I'd like to file from my inbox and/or task list directly to my hard drive via drag and drop. Also I can recall/reference info quicker while staying in outlook. Thanks Kita Not in Outlook 2003.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kita@kit.com> wrote i...

Missing From information
Exchange 2003 SP1 on Win 2003 DC. Users use Outlook 2003 SP1 on Win XP SP2. I created a new user/mailbox with a default SMTP address at DomainOne.net. I created a dummy user/mailbox with a default SMTP address for the same person at DomainTwo.com. The primary user has Send As rights on the dummy mailbox. The dummy mailbox forwards everything to the primary user mailbox; it is only used to allow sending from a different domain. A dozen other users are already set up this way, though they were not created in E2K3; they were migrated from a 5.5 server in a different domain, then cleaned up. ...

Trace origin of internal email message to internal user
I have "User A" who received an email from "User B", but "User B" claims she never sent that message. The message doesn't show up in her Outlook "sent items" folder. Can I trace the origin of an internal email message. I would like to at the very least find which computer the message was sent from. Hi, "Legendsfan" <spam@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OtB8$xnHFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have "User A" who received an email from "User B", but "User B" claims >she never sen...

Spam sent from outside to our internal users, from our internal users addresses!!! E2k
I've seent this problem alot, but it hasn't haunted me for a while until today. Getting messages frmo users@mydomain.com, to users@mydomain.com. Using Exchange 2000, SP3 (+post fixes), on a W2k Sp4 box. I have the SMTP server settings to only allow to 10.x subnets to relay. This works if someone tries to relay to outside of us... but someone can send from any address to our domain, and I can't find any white papers that address this. I've checked 'Perform Reverse DNS on incoming messages", but this doesn't solve the problem. There has to be a way to specify that y...

Missing options in OneNote 2003
Had to reinstall all programs including OneNote last week. Now OneNote has missing options. There is no "Send To" option. Also, in "Save As" there is no option to save as Work. Only Save As are for New Section and for Single Web page. All menu options are expanded. Complete Office suite is installed. Tried to reinstall twice. No better result. Any suggestions? susan rose wrote: > Had to reinstall all programs including OneNote last week. > Now OneNote has missing options. There is no "Send To" option. Also, > in "Save As"...

International Versions of Money
Does anybody know how to convert a UK version file (Money 2000) to a US (Money 2003) file? When I try to open the old file in the new program I receive an error that it is not a supported file. When I try to import using a Strict QIF a lot of my information is lost, such as links between accounts and currency differences. Are these 2 products just incompatible? If anybody has any insight, I would sure appreciate some input. Thanks. The FAQ: --- Q): Why do I get the "incompatible versions" message when upgrading my data file? A): This problem arises from trying to conv...

How to move Exchange 2003 store to different drive
Hieveryone, We have got a new Dell Server w/SBS 2003 on it.. Dell has configured the C drive with 12 GB and the D drive with 250 GB. Today I have noticed that we are running out of space on C: drive. How to move the Exchange store to D: drive safely instead to reinstal the server? Is it possible? Is it difficult task? What steps need to be taken to safely move or redirect the store to another drive? Thnak you in advance for your help. Roman http://www.petri.co.il/move_exchange_stores_to_a_different_disk.htm Hope this helps. Reddy. "Roman" <mail2@centrum.sk> wr...