Integration of Payroll and HR Modules

We have been using the payroll module in GP 9.0 for quite some time.  We
recently purchased the HR module, but don't know much about it and we're
looking for advice in getting started.  Is there a setting somewhere that
allows linking between the two modules so that employee information can be
shared between them?
0
jodi1 (31)

HR and PR share the employee maintenance table so there is no setting to
update.

You will need to be mindful of the links between HR and PR when setting up
HR benefits and HR attendance time codes.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jodi" wrote:

> We have been using the payroll module in GP 9.0 for quite some time.  We
> recently purchased the HR module, but don't know much about it and we're
> looking for advice in getting started.  Is there a setting somewhere that
> allows linking between the two modules so that employee information can be
> shared between them?
0
callen (2505)

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

recycle bin deletes fils automatically after 1/2 hr
files will not remain in bin...I have tried to increase space in bin but that doesn't seem to work! Need help/suggestions....tks. in advance Al ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

faulting module outllib.dll
I have three P?s in the office that Outlook is faulting on=2E On= two of the PC?s, it appears that when Outlook is processing= rules it GPs on outllib=2Edll=2E These two PC?s are running Win98= and Outlook 2000=2E I turned off the rules on the third PC and it still GPs on= outllib=2Edll but it is random and only a few times a day=2E This= PC is running WinXP Home and Outlook 2000 I have tried everything I could find on Microsoft?s web site and= nothing seems to work=2E On one of the Win98 PC?s I even= formatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything=2E This= worked for about ...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

GP module feature list
Hi everyone, Need help in finding a feature list of HR and payroll module of GP. is it available somewhere on MS site ? or any document on setup CD ? or any other way to get hold of it. Thanks & Regards Ashfaq Ali I'm not aware of a simple listing of features available from MS. There's a tool called the Accounting Library that can provide this information. You should be aware of any tool because not all answers are correct. It could be the person who answered the question did not know how to handle a requirement. But, the Accounting Library is pretty good. The web site...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Discount(s) Module for RMS
Who has a good add-on that will allow me to control the discounts. I've googled, used MS web site ect so far the list of venders is slim. I know there are a LOT of them in fact they came out of the wood work when I queried MS about getting the RMS system. At any rate, I need an add-on that will allow me to setup 'automatic' discounts if X number of items in a department are purchased or If customer Y reaches $####.## in 6 months they will receive a discount automatic discount on all items from the XXX Department. Or establish VIP Customers that receive X% discount everyti...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...

Integration DB Size
Our integration database is growing at a very rapid pace (about 200 MB per day) ... compared to the pace that our GP & CRM databases are growing. Is there some way to "shrink" the Integration DB? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presentationsdirect.com/paper-shredders/gbc-paper-shredders.asp...

Mas90 integration
I am trying to find out if RMS is compatible with Mas90 (MAS 90 is a 32-bit accounting, distribution and light manufacturing software) If the integration is possible where can i find the steps on how to set it up, or if there is a module for this where can I purchase it from? Thanks, HaikHR@gmail.com Try the Peachtree 3.0 export. It is very close. MAS had and import tool to import the file, as I remember it is and module they offer. Good luck. mt "Haik" <Haik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5028623-B547-4399-B1B3-1146BD3015B4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Delete Payroll Posting File
I have someone that generated a posting file twice but only posted the batch once. This has caused the Payroll distribution by date report to be doubled. How do I remove this posting file? ...

Bank Reconciliation Integration Problem #2
We are receiving "No Matching Transaction found for Transaction Number" warning message during a bank reconcilliation integration for the XFR type. Have checked that the transaction number is correct in CM20200, and we can clear the XFR types manually. Is this transaction type not allowed for some reason? Or is there some other reason why we get this warning? Scott Here is the response I got from MBS Developer Support: This has been logged as bug 26212: SUMMARY: When running a bank reconcilation integration if one of the transactions is a bank transfer with a type of XF...

Site integration--Reverse Proxy
Hi, I am working on a project to integrate another site into our site. What happened is like this: 1. I have a iframe with the src referenced to a special folder (SiteIntegration) in our site (original site). 2. I have a HTTPHandler which acting as reverse proxy to make request to the target site and I have the following config in web.config <add verb="*" path="SiteIntegration/*" type="ReverseProxy.ReverseProxy"/> 3. I created a request to the target url in the ReverseProxy-- ProcessRequest sub. (Adding right authentication), and I got r...

Sharepoint Integrate with CRM
Hi all, Does Any one know virtual pc image that had integration sharepoint with crm for demo purpose available for download ? thanks to all in advance ...

KB should include localization modules
KB should include localization modules ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a8aac7d7-99b5-40f4-85b7-9b3f218c61cd&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

V8 Payroll Year End and Tax Update
Currently I m working with a client that is still on Version 8 of GP. They will be on Version 8 till at least February 2009. Will the Microsoft Dynamcis team be providing a payroll year end update file for V8? Thanks, Kevin Hi Kevin, The following information I pulled from the Product Life Cycle website for Microsoft Dynamics GP: Support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 8.0 will end October 13, 2009 (previously October 9, 2007). Microsoft will provide a 2007 year-end regulatory and tax update. (Tax updates for U.S. and Canadian payroll will be provided through October 31, 2008.) No add...

web integration
We are looking for a web integration for RMS that support multi level of price for example we have retail customers the has standard price and wholesale customer that has price level A, we want the wholesale customer can log in and check the price on a web catalog Thanks We resell a webstore add-on that alows for customer specific pricing as well as level specific pricing, also with the ability for wholesale customers to produce their own trade price lists. Email me if you need more information rod@rsgplc.com "Norman" wrote: > We are looking for a web integration for ...

Compile error in hidden module : MenuHandling
Hi a spreadsheet that was created in excel 2000 , on opening in excel 2003 the compile error comes up. and stops all macros from running . any ideas how to fix this? I used to use this a lot and not sure if i can roll back to excel 2000 (corp. IT policies) marc marccozijn@hotmail.com I've never heard of this "menuhandling" error. But the "compile error in hidden module" means that there is an error in one of the VBA routines in a workbook's project that is protected. You could do some detective work to find the culprit. Chip Pearson has some notes on how to ...