Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC

I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source.  After
specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM
pauses for a few seconds and then closes.  Same thing happens if I try using
xls format.  This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134.  Any ideas what would
be causing this to happen?
0
irishjamr (23)

Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"irishjamr" wrote:

> I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source.  After
> specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM
> pauses for a few seconds and then closes.  Same thing happens if I try using
> xls format.  This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134.  Any ideas what would
> be causing this to happen?
0
callen (2505)
7/30/2009 10:53:30 PM
Disregard my other response.

Try creating an ODBC connection outside of Integration Manager.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"irishjamr" wrote:

> I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source.  After
> specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM
> pauses for a few seconds and then closes.  Same thing happens if I try using
> xls format.  This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134.  Any ideas what would
> be causing this to happen?
0
callen (2505)

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

How do I stop rounding in simple addition formula in Excel, 1 cen.
I am using Excel 2002, and created a workbook where dollars and cents are used. When I write the formula =sum(#,#,#) it calculates the result one cent off the actual total. Like $2623.27 is shown and it should be $2628.28. Can this be fixed? Check out John's web page on the subject: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "bjm1010" &l...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Can Excel do this??
I have Excel 2000 and I have columns of alphabetic data. The information in each column repeats itself, i.e. there may only appear the words "One", "Two", or "Three" in a particular column in the spreadsheet. I have over 20,000 rows in the columns. Is there a way to have Excel give me totals for that particular column, telling me how many times "One" appears, how many times "Two" appears, and how many time "Three" appears? I am really stumped on this. Your help is apreciated in advance, Thanks, Mark The only way I know ...

excel #58
How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany joe.kipnusu@wellsfargo.com wrote: > How do you create a drop down list in excel? > anyone ...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Excel Sorting Columns
I am new to excel and trying to do a cost analysis between suppliers. I need to sort 2 different columns so they will match up based on product #. 2 of the suppliers lined everything up exactly and the third is all different. I'm trying to make sure each row is the same item#. Thank you VERY much. I think you'll have to bite the bullet and fix up those entries. If that third supplier used a common format, maybe you could use some formulas/macros to fix it. But you'll have to post a few examples of the before and after product numbers. (It's not an easy task to do....

Excel Graphs

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Excel #111
How do I copy information from a batch of cells in one worksheet to another worksheet in the same workbook? I do not need a copy and paste - I need the data within these cells (which is different everytime) to automatically transfer to the second worksheet every time I enter in new data. Copy and the edit>paste special and click the paste link button -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Christine Kempf" <cdkempf@comcast.net> wrote in message news:031501c4fe9d$77d0a6e0$a301280...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Excel document building
Hi. I have some information from a source (XML or DB) i need to put in an excel file by means of java(jexcel) or .NET applications. My problem is that i have no fixed template. Can someone give me an advice on make this? Is there an easy way to build templates and using them by means of software code? Thanks... ...

UNC Path length problem opening a file in excel 2002 or 2003
I've had several of my users that can't open an excel file when the UNC path length gets close to 220 characters. The UNC points to a 2003 server. This happens if you try to open using windows explorer or using the OPEN command in excel. Only excel is giving us problems. Word and other programs work just fine. I can't find anything in the knowledge base. Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks John P.S. Please CC to j w a r r e n _ r e m o v e (a t ) p r u d e n t r x _ r e m o v e . c o m Take out the "_ r e m o v e" from the address. From Excel Help ...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email
I have a handed down assignment to collect weekly employee whereabouts of 300+ in a spreadsheet. Currently the spreadsheet is updated each week by sending out an e-mail asking for state, city, client, and contact # (example: PA, Glenside, Rohm Haas, 555-555-5555). When the info is received by me I must cut and paste the info from the e-mail into an excel spreadsheet per that employee's name. There has got to be a better way. I am not a programmer but I am application savvy. HELP This takes way to much time the way it is done currently. Hi mismarple See Dick's site http://www.d...

how to auto open file when starting excel?
is there a way for me to preset a file to automatically open when start excel? i always have a specific file opened at all times whe excel is running & am tired of having to keep opening it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can put the file where your PERSONAL.xls file is located. In Windows 2000 the full path is: (spanish) C:\Documents and Settings\Datos de programa\Microsoft\Excel\INICIAR Good luc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When it starts, Excel will try to open any (and all) document files in your XLStart folder. The default location in...

Simple quiz in Excel
I am attempting to prepare a quiz in excel. Mainly a picture quiz for m class. For example if I have a picture of a uk flag I want to kids t enter the correct answer in an input box. If correct it will displa "Correct", if wrong "Wrong", also I would like a script function tha will give "Close" if the answer is nearly correct. Any help will b appreciated. Mar -- cody4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cody44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1407 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Excel Solver
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup to post my problem. My problem is to minimize waste during stock cutting. I need to cut stock into different sizes of rectangular pieces. For example : Stock size Quantity 58"x 2000" unlimited Piecesize Quantity 24"x22" 5,000 18"x12" 5,000 10"x8" 5,000 8"x4" 5,000 8"x2" 5,000 Anyone can shed a light on how to construct the objective function THanks in advance. Derek Hi Derek, Excel is a spre...

blue row numbers in excel
I have blue row numbers and hidden rows. I have read that it is due to grouping but I don't see any signs of grouping. There are no numbers or anything at the top. I can manually resize the hidden rows but not by the format menu. I can't unhide the rows by right click or the menu. Can anyone help me? Also, when I manually resize the rows and save it then close it and go back to it the rows are hid again. Your data is filtered. Select Data | Filter | Show All from the menu and the rows will come back. Thank you so much. I kept reading about the grouping and knew that wasn't...

read and write data Excel workbookg from VB
Hello, Somebody could it say to me, if there is a possibility to read and write data in an Excel workbookg from VB (and not VBA) without opening the Excel application. In advance, thank you ! Greetings JL CAPEL Jean-Luc, If you create an object "Excel.Application" in VB, then define a new object as the opened filename of interest, you can then manipulate the workbook object changing cell contents, column widths, fonts, etc. from within VB. Make sure you release all of your objects when you VB application terminates. HTH, Stephen Land "Jean-Luc CAPEL" <jlcapel@ift...

Import Multiple Excel Tables-Same Format
I have an excel spreadsheet with 12 tabs, each a different month of the year. Each tab is formatted identically. I am trying to import all/each of these 12 tables into a single access table. The first import works just fine, however, when I go to import the second tab of data, I get a pop up message stating: An error occurred trying to import file '<my file name/path is here.xls>'. The file was not imported. This tells me nothing as to why it was not imported. The souce excel file is closed and not being accessed. Any ideas what's going on here? I could append a...

Excel 05-13-10
I have an e-mail box above worksheet - need to make it disappear. Click File, Send to, and click e-mail to toggle it back off. Donna G wrote: > I have an e-mail box above worksheet - need to make it disappear. ...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch t
Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch the Excel program again, and then load in the newly generated XLL library again... This is tedious... I am looking for a way to unload XLL (already loaded) from within EXCEL program... Any thoughts? (I find just close the currently active worksheet doesn't get the XLL unloaded...) ...