Integration MGR from a SQL Table

I appreciate any help I can get on this.  I am trying to use a table from a
SQL database on my SQL server to integrate into Payables Mgmt/Payables
Transaction.    I have to use ODBC, I understand that, but not sure if I need
to go simple or advanced.   What I am trying to do is, I have my server name
, and the database name  (example:   \\jlr-jr\JLRDATA ) .  Now keep in mind,
there are more than one database inside that server,   such as
(jlr-jr\JLRDATA,   jlr-jr\GREATPLAINS,    jlr-jr\GPINSTANCE2,    etc) .
This is my hangup.   In initially tring to pick my source, I do not know how
to tell Integration Manager to go to which database.    Can anyone provide
some insight/point me in the right direction/offer some past experience in
trying this?   I am trying to import from our Purchasing Program.   If more
info is needed, please let me know.   Thank you for your time.

James
0
JRoberts1 (8)

JRoberts:-

1. Tools|Object browser
2.  Select DSN and configure one first by hitting the connect string tab page.
3.  I always avoid trusted connection, supply a SQL login and password.
4.  Click on source adapters next and choose Advanced ODBC
5.  for the data source choose the DSN name you added in 2 and 3.
6. Type the SQL statement on SQL statement multi line text and click on OK.

"JRoberts" wrote:

> I appreciate any help I can get on this.  I am trying to use a table from a
> SQL database on my SQL server to integrate into Payables Mgmt/Payables
> Transaction.    I have to use ODBC, I understand that, but not sure if I need
> to go simple or advanced.   What I am trying to do is, I have my server name
> , and the database name  (example:   \\jlr-jr\JLRDATA ) .  Now keep in mind,
> there are more than one database inside that server,   such as
> (jlr-jr\JLRDATA,   jlr-jr\GREATPLAINS,    jlr-jr\GPINSTANCE2,    etc) .
> This is my hangup.   In initially tring to pick my source, I do not know how
> to tell Integration Manager to go to which database.    Can anyone provide
> some insight/point me in the right direction/offer some past experience in
> trying this?   I am trying to import from our Purchasing Program.   If more
> info is needed, please let me know.   Thank you for your time.
>
> James
0
26point2er (113)

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Deleting unused pivot table field item names
After deleting pivot table fields items from the data source, the field item name continues to appear in the pivot table field drop down even after refreshing the table. How do I delete pivot table field item names from the field drop down? thanks Paul whenever you have questions about pivottable, blindly go over to debra' site... its the panacea for all pivottable nuisance... http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.htm -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Add AVERAGE column to Pivot Table
I have a pivot table with sales reps for rows and months for columns. The data is the sum (total sales) for each rep. I have Grand Totals turned on for both columns and rows. However, I would like to see Total Sum for the column grand totals and Total Average for the row grand totals (an average of the 12 months). How do I do this? If I go into field settings on my (total sales) data item and change it to average, both column and row grand totals change. How can I configure them independently? [Excel 2003] Thanks. ...

Bug in Item Movement reports Sql
Can a partner tell me if the issue below is resolved in a hotfix? My client logged into an instance of SOM and tried to run the Item Movement and Item Movement History reports. He got a SQL error whenever he tried either report stating the the source view, VIEWITEMMOVEMENT(HISTORY), didn't exist. I recreated the issue and the error is part of a piece of SQL code that drops the source view each time the report is run. The view is then recreated for the current report. I logged into SOA and the view did exist but the owner of the view was not dbo but the utility account that I set up...

VISIO 2007 Calendar
PLEASE HELP - This is driving me crazy!!! I am trying to get data from a SQL Table into a VISIO 2007 calendar. The data is being pulled from a view: alter VIEW [dbo].[LQ_CLIENT_FILE_DELIVERY_CALENDAR] as SELECT CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [Date to Display], CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [Start date], CONVERT(varchar(10), DATEADD(dd, DJS.I_EXPECTED_FREQUENCY, DJS.D_LOAD_FINISHED), 101) AS [End date], LEFT(DJS.VC_NOTE, 50) AS [Subject] FROM dbo.TBL_LOOKUP_...

Dynamic SQL Query and CRM Report parameter
Hello Everyone, Right now I am working on a CRM reporting. I am using SQL server 2005 Reporting services. In my Report I want to pass Field name as a parameter from Report interface. My query is as Following: ------------------------------------------------------ DECLARE @SQL AS nvarchar(1000) DECLARE @Param1 AS nvarchar(50) SET @SQL = 'Select Field1, Field2,'+@Param1+' AS Field3 FROM Table1' ------------------------------------------------------ @Param was difined in 'Report Parameters' and I initialed it. I use Field1,Field2 and Field3 in report layout. I use @...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Query that will look for duplicate in two tables.
I have two tables that were originaly Excel tables and imported them into Access. Import went well. Both tables consist of columns named - Name, Department Number, Department Name, and Employee ID. I need to compare the two tables and have Access give me the NON duplicates. I ran a Find Unmatched Query using name in both tables. The results showed almost as many records as are in the original two tables. What I noticed it found in one table Smith, John and Smith,John. These are the same people but one person typed the name with the last name and comma space while the other pers...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Making An Outside Border Different From Interior Borders In A Table ?
I'm either have having a bad day or I have been defeated by Word. I have a table where I want to make the outside border heavier than the borders dividing the cells internally, as well as separating groups of cells with a heavier border (for visual clarity). I simply cannot find a way of doing this ! Using the various formatting tools simply puts the same weight of border around all the cells selected, or around an individual cell selected. It is not possible to select just one side of a cell and change the weight of the line to a different one. Thus, any table only seems a...

Reports problem with SQL
I have written a SQL query which essentially totals the hours spent on each case, and calculates the total amount to be billed (by working out the price of each activity then summing them). To do this, I have put the rates in a temporary SQL table, and then done inner joins between the filtered incident entity, the filtered service appointment entity and my rates table. This works perfectly when I run it in the Query Analyzer in SQL Server, but when I put this in Visual Studio to try to generate a nice looking report to use in CRM, it tells me there is a "Syntax error or access violatio...

record from table based on record from other table
I'm sure this isn't too hard but it's killing me! If a customer has a pricing level of 1, how do I call pricelevel1 from the products table? This should also be the case if the customer has a price level of 2, then pricelevel2 should be called and a price level of 3 should call pricelevel3. The resulting pricelevel is referred to as UnitPrice. eg UnitPrice:IIf((Customers.PriceLevel)=1, Products.PriceLevel1, IIf(Customers.PriceLevel)=2, Products.PriceLevel2,Products.PriceLevel3)). This is not working in a query. Thanks in advance I think it a metter of brackets, try: UnitPrice:...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Table Service and Tabs
Does RMS have the option or is there a add on for table service and saving running bills. If you mean like an extra charge, say corkage, you could just set this up as a tax and call it "Corkage"...and you can always just hold a transaction, bring it back up add stuff to it and send it back to hold again. Then you can just bring it back off hold (recall) when it is time to settle the bill. Is that like what you want to do? "Molson69" wrote: > Does RMS have the option or is there a add on for table service and saving > running bills. What I need to do is all...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Manufacturing Table Locks
All / Gerald Do you know which tables contain the locking information for MO and PO in the manufacturing module. Regards Darren Bowen There are a DexLock and DexSession tables in the TempDB. However, Dexterity is designed to use passive locking for most of the time which means that it does not actually apply locks at the DB level except for the first milliseconds it actually updates the data. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views...

Multiple search criteria based on table
Hi all. Here is my question: I have created 2 simple tables with their relevant forms. Table names are Customers and Friends, so are the names of the forms. I am trying to create a query for each table, which will allow me to type some criteria (based on 10 fields of the table) in order to find the contacts that match with them and print them out in a report. I would like to be prompted to type 1) Please enter first name 2) Address 3) Postal code etc...up to 10 fields I would appreciate any help...! Alex, take a look at this article: Search form - Handle many optional criteria a...

Import Multiple Excel Tables-Same Format
I have an excel spreadsheet with 12 tabs, each a different month of the year. Each tab is formatted identically. I am trying to import all/each of these 12 tables into a single access table. The first import works just fine, however, when I go to import the second tab of data, I get a pop up message stating: An error occurred trying to import file '<my file name/path is here.xls>'. The file was not imported. This tells me nothing as to why it was not imported. The souce excel file is closed and not being accessed. Any ideas what's going on here? I could append a...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

Open Workbook
Looking to write some code that will open a workbook/worksheet and then take a range and use it as a table for a vlookup query ... HAve entered the following Dim OFFICE As Workbook Dim Result As String Dim PERSONNELRange As Range Workbooks.Open ("c:\OFFICE.xls") Worksheets("Personnel").Select PERSONNELRange = Worksheets("Personnel").Range("C2", "D1000").Select Result = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(RegNo, PERSONNELRange, 2, False) msg = MsgBox(Result, vbOKOnly) Not working at all ... can anyone assist with a step for a hint pleas...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...