Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access

Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup
window in order to run integrations for sales orders.  Users are not required
to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually.  They should
not have to have that level of access when running integrations.
--
Jim@TurboChef

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7c784fcd-db36-4eed-b3c1-3711d2ae95eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
jim.harris (398)

------=_NextPart_0001_04DD746D

You are correct that users do not need to have access to the setup window
in order to manually enter a SOP transaction, but it is required with
Integration Manager.  With Integration Manager's Great Plains adapter,
access is needed to the setup window to gather certain information that is
defaulted on the transactions.

An alternative is to use the SQL Optimized adapter, which does not require
the user to even be logged into, like the Great Plains adapter does.  This
does not run a macro against the UI like the Great Plains adapter so it
does not require a user to be logged in to Great Plains nor does it require
the user to have access to the setup windows.  However, there are some
limitations on what data can be integrated with this adapter.  If you do
opt to try this integration we would suggest reviewing the
SQLOPTProvider.pdf file for restrictions on this adapter.

Corey

Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
Subject: Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:50:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup
window in order to run integrations for sales orders.  Users are not
required
to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually.  They should
not have to have that level of access when running integrations.
--
Jim@TurboChef

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en
-us/default.mspx?mid=7c784fcd-db36-4eed-b3c1-3711d2ae95eb&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains

------=_NextPart_0001_04DD746D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 You are correct that users do not need to have access to the setup window in order to manually enter a SOP transaction, but it is required with Integration Manager.  With Integration Manager's Great Plains adapter, access is needed to the setup window to gather certain information that is defaulted on the transactions.
\par
\par An alternative is to use the SQL Optimized adapter, which does not require the user to even be logged into, like the Great Plains adapter does.  This does not run a macro against the UI like the Great Plains adapter so it does not require a user to be logged in to Great Plains nor does it require the user to have access to the setup windows.  However, there are some limitations on what data can be integrated with this adapter.  If you do opt to try this integration we would suggest reviewing the SQLOPTProvider.pdf file for restrictions on this adapter.
\par
\par Corey
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
\par thread-index: AcZeaklwZBq/rk68TfGwa2APHMJyKA==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.59.211.138
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
\par Subject: Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
\par Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:50:01 -0700
\par Lines: 15
\par Message-ID: <7C784FCD-DB36-4EED-B3C1-3711D2AE95EB@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:27257
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup
\par window in order to run integrations for sales orders.  Users are not required
\par to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually.  They should
\par not have to have that level of access when running integrations.
\par --
\par Jim@TurboChef
\par
\par ----------------
\par This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
\par suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
\par Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
\par link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
\par click "I Agree" in the message pane.
\par
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7c784fcd-db36-4eed-b3c1-3711d2ae95eb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_04DD746D--

0
cdavidso (3)

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Access 2007 VBA Programmers Reference Code
I have the book Access 2007 VBA Programmers Reference, and have downloaded the code from the website, trying to reuse the code, as the authors say to do in the book. I don't see the functions in chapter 15 that I am trying to use. Anybody know how to find them? one of them is the ReplaceWhereClause() Function. I find others, but not that. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 21:24:01 GMT, "RiceFarmer via AccessMonster.com" <u45973@uwe> wrote: Did you check with the publisher's website? Sometimes they have errata and ...

Exchange and Foreign Email Server setup
I two Ex2003 servers running in my shop. One frontend and One backend. We use the Exchange for our directors and administrators that need the standard features of Exchange (ie appointments, contacts, public folders). Also, we just purchased a foreign email system (MailSite) that we are going to use to give email to the rest of the company's 900 employees. Both systems reside in the same domain, sharing the same smtp name. The systems are both able to send and receive emails from the outside, but the Exchange server is unable to send emails to the MailSite Users. The Exchange g...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Unable to access links in Outlook email
I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email which says: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I get this message on any link within an email. Thanks for any help. "Virginia Squire" wrote: > I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email which > says: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on > this computer. Please contact your system administrator. > > I get this message on any link...

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Is there a date picker for Access 2003 ?
I don't find it from Tools. Thanks. Jeff Conrad lists a number of alternatives at http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/calendars.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7D9ECC2-CC77-4577-97D6-1805D36C0C9B@microsoft.com... >I don't find it from Tools. > > Thanks. ...

How do I access a zip file after i have extracted it?
I am receiving zip files via email and have extracted file. Following this I am unable to view my file. What do I do? what happens when you try? Where are you saving it and how are you extracting it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "-"...

Import wizard
Hello, I am trying to use the import wizard in Access, but I am running into problems. I am unable to get wizard to import an Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has password protection, I disable it, but still can't import. I do have macros in the workbook and is password protected, but the macros are for printing so I don't think this is the problems. Can anyone tell me what else can it be that I am unable to import? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:20:34 -0700, CAM wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to use the import wizard in Access, but I am running...

cannot import csv
Hello, I downloaded an Excel csv statement from E*Trade for an investment account. I tried to import it into MSM 2004 Deluxe, and nothing happens (help documentation indicates I should have the opportunity to select account). Where is Money documented as accepting a .CSV for import??? "Alec" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095401c3b5b7$f7bb0f60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I downloaded an Excel csv statement from E*Trade for an > investment account. I tried to import it into MSM 2004 > Deluxe, and nothing happens (help documentat...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Populate Acrobat pdf file from Access
I have a database that I created a few years back that uses the activex installation of the old Adobe Acrobat FDF tookit. My code creates an fdf using fields from my form and then opens the corresponding pdf. The end result is that Access populates my pdf's for me. Now for my problem... I now have a computer with Windows Vista on it. I can't find a way to install the FDF toolkit. The way I had to do it before was to copy two files to the "system" folder and run this from a command prompt... "regsvr32 fdfacx.dll" and then the same for fdftk.dll When I ...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Resource Missing error when importing Form with VBA
Hello everyone! I'm trying to import a package file created on another machine onto a couple of my servers. It's only a single modified form with VBA code, called "UM_ Payment_Entry". However, every time I try to import the package on the server, I get the error message Resource "PrintReceipt" is missing. Now, "Print Receipt" is defined in the package code....so why isn't Great Plains finding the resource? Thanks, Steven Vallarian -----------------------payment_entry.package contents---------------- <Component Name="UM_Payment_Entry&quo...

sumif function in Access query, possible?
Hello, I have a query I am trying to calculate the sum of qty if OprStatus equal 1, but there is no sumif function in Access. What can I do to work around it? Thanks Cam wrote: > Hello, > > I have a query I am trying to calculate the sum of qty if OprStatus > equal 1, but there is no sumif function in Access. What can I do to > work around it? Thanks TotalQty:SUM(IIF([OprStatus]=1.[qty],0) -- HTH, Bob Barrows If that is the only sum you want, you can bring OprStatus in the grid, change the GROUP BY to WHERE, and add the criteria: = 1. I assume you ...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Import CONTRACTS into CRM 1.2
Hi everyone. Anybody can tell me how can i import contracts into Microsoft CRM??? The data migration framework does not allow this! Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bea. You might try using Scribe Migrate's 90-day license for importing data into Microsoft CRM. Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone. > >Anybody can tell me how can i import contracts into Microsoft CRM??? >The data migration framework does not allow this! > >Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. > >Bea. > > > >. > Thanks linda, but... what's t...

Financial Management Software Fees
I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a monthly fee. Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been opened more than 5 years. Who charged the fee? Is there a balance waiver or a way to get the same information without paying the fee? Any help would be appreciated. "Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1967977C-A139-46D0-82D1-BD1A30070061@microsoft.com... >I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a > monthly fee. Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that ...

Can the CRM Laptop Client be setup to automatically synchronize?
When the user goes out of the office with his/her laptop the, the crm laptop client is offline. But when the user comes back into the office, he or she needs to press the Go Online button to synchronize changes with the CRM Database. Can this synchronization be setup to work automatically? If so, please advise. Thanks From the CRM menu select Options, Synchronization. There is an option there to Synchronize at Start-up. "ltg" wrote: > When the user goes out of the office with his/her laptop the, the crm laptop > client is offline. But when the user comes back in...

Archiving emails using Exchange Manager
I have archiving set up on Exchange manager and emails and emails are archived to a mail archive mailbox. Does anybody know how this works i.e does it include all of the mailbox including subfolders, do emails have to enter Inbox first and how do rules affect emails. Thanks Eilish ...