Integration Manager Script Excel File

I'm currently working on a integration that process information into
the General Ledger.  However, I'm trying to point it to a file that
the user selects at run time.  Any idea on how to change the simple
odbc file location for an excel file?

0
dgindy

You can change the path. That script is available in the script library that
comes with Integration Manager.

"dgindy" wrote:

> I'm currently working on a integration that process information into
> the General Ledger.  However, I'm trying to point it to a file that
> the user selects at run time.  Any idea on how to change the simple
> odbc file location for an excel file?
>
> .

I bypassed this issue by copying over the file with the file the user
selects.  It's a bit of a hack code but it works really well

On Sep 5, 6:03=A0pm, Leslie Vail <LeslieV...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> You can change the path. That script is available in the script library t=
hat
> comes with Integration Manager.
>

> "dgindy" wrote:
> > I'm currently working on a integration that process information into
> > the General Ledger. =A0However, I'm trying to point it to a file that
> > the user selects at run time. =A0Any idea on how to change the simple
> > odbc file location for an excel file?
>
> > .

0
dgindy

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Excel List Box
Hello, I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of tested that we normally use in excel, however in order for the text to look right it must merge with several cells. I tried the data validation however it does not allow merged cells. How can I accomplish this? Thank you I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Perhaps you could use data validation in one cell, then VLOOKUP formulas to return the matching values in the adjacent cells. Armando wrote: > I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of > tested that we norm...

How to extract entire database to XML and from XML back to MDB file
Does anyone know of an automated way to extract the entirety of a MDB file to a XML flag file? I see there is a way to extract single tables from the menu, but I would like to store the entire MDB file in a flat file(s), store it in a versioning system (eg, CVS) that computes and stores deltas, retrieve it from the versioning system and rebuild the MDB file. Thanks, Siegfried To get the list of the tables, loop through the TableDefs. Alternative: OpenRecordset() on this query: SELECT MsysObjects.Name FROM MsysObjects WHERE (([Type] In (1,4,6)) AND ([Name] Not Like "~*") ...

Opening Publisher 2003 Files
For some unknown reason I can no longer open Publisher 2003 Files with Publisher. When the attempt is made to open a file Microsoft Word 2003 always tries to open and then I have all xxxxxxxxs for the text, etc. I need to open a number of the Publisher files but cannot due to this problem. I would appreciate any assistance. Have you attempted to correct the file association? Right-click any Publisher file, properties, Opens with...click change. Associate Publisher files with the Publisher application. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://m...

delete info from source file w/out changing the destination file
Hello I have two work sheet linked together for patient tracking files. All the information from the open source file is automatically updated in the Closed file. I want to be able to constantly update the closed file with out keeping more then 30 rows in the open file. Therefore, Once the patient tracking is completed, I should be able to delete the information form the source file with out removing it from the destination file. I am also having difficulty in moving the data down once I want to add another patient into the open file. e.g. row one was Tricia - info completed - delete Tr...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

How do I stop rounding in simple addition formula in Excel, 1 cen.
I am using Excel 2002, and created a workbook where dollars and cents are used. When I write the formula =sum(#,#,#) it calculates the result one cent off the actual total. Like $2623.27 is shown and it should be $2628.28. Can this be fixed? Check out John's web page on the subject: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "bjm1010" &l...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

Can Excel do this??
I have Excel 2000 and I have columns of alphabetic data. The information in each column repeats itself, i.e. there may only appear the words "One", "Two", or "Three" in a particular column in the spreadsheet. I have over 20,000 rows in the columns. Is there a way to have Excel give me totals for that particular column, telling me how many times "One" appears, how many times "Two" appears, and how many time "Three" appears? I am really stumped on this. Your help is apreciated in advance, Thanks, Mark The only way I know ...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Opening a csv file in word
Hi, I'm having a problem at the moment - I need to do a large find replace with my excel data. I actually do two, the first one works fin but the second one doesn't; The first one I just open my.csv file in word, do my find and replace save again and it opens fine in excel. The second one though, I need to find and replace the paragraph break and replace them with the tag <br />. When I save it again and open i excel, my results are displayed across the top row instead of th column, and they're no longer in a single cell for each record. I'm guessing it's becaus...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

Play a video file in form
Hii Play a video file in form in Access program Hoping someone will give the correct answer. Thanks in advance, This might be what you are looking for http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/controls/components/video/avi-player.htm -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Spier2vb" wrote: > Hii > Play a video file in form in Access program > > Hoping someone will give the correct answer. &g...

excel #58
How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany joe.kipnusu@wellsfargo.com wrote: > How do you create a drop down list in excel? > anyone ...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Excel Graphs

Excel Sorting Columns
I am new to excel and trying to do a cost analysis between suppliers. I need to sort 2 different columns so they will match up based on product #. 2 of the suppliers lined everything up exactly and the third is all different. I'm trying to make sure each row is the same item#. Thank you VERY much. I think you'll have to bite the bullet and fix up those entries. If that third supplier used a common format, maybe you could use some formulas/macros to fix it. But you'll have to post a few examples of the before and after product numbers. (It's not an easy task to do....

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Creating a script to backup pst?
Hey everyone, I am aware of the pfbackup.exe tool from microsoft, which I have installed and tried. I wish to use this for a number of users, however, I want it to be user independant, i.e. It will run with no action required from the user. My initial thoughts were some kind of script which would: 1. Run at shutdown 2. Close outlook.exe (IF it were open) 3. Copy .pst from local drive to network drive However, I have very little (read virtually no) experience in writing scripts or programing things!... Is it possible, if so how simple is it?! Hi Rob, here is a freeware tool (Quit Outlo...

Populate Acrobat pdf file from Access
I have a database that I created a few years back that uses the activex installation of the old Adobe Acrobat FDF tookit. My code creates an fdf using fields from my form and then opens the corresponding pdf. The end result is that Access populates my pdf's for me. Now for my problem... I now have a computer with Windows Vista on it. I can't find a way to install the FDF toolkit. The way I had to do it before was to copy two files to the "system" folder and run this from a command prompt... "regsvr32 fdfacx.dll" and then the same for fdftk.dll When I ...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Excel #111
How do I copy information from a batch of cells in one worksheet to another worksheet in the same workbook? I do not need a copy and paste - I need the data within these cells (which is different everytime) to automatically transfer to the second worksheet every time I enter in new data. Copy and the edit>paste special and click the paste link button -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Christine Kempf" <cdkempf@comcast.net> wrote in message news:031501c4fe9d$77d0a6e0$a301280...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Outlook .ost file
One of my colleagues uses synchronized folders in Outlook. His info. is stored in an outlook.ost file. He is getting a new laptop and I need to copy his data from one laptop to the other. Everything I read says you need to copy the .pst file but he doesn't appear to have one. Is that possible? Can I simply copy his .ost file to his new laptop (will it import?). How do I go about doing that? MaryC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my colleagues uses synchronized folders in Outlook. His info. > is stored in an outlook.ost file. He is getting a new lap...