Integration Manager - RM Distributions

Hello

Hope someone can help me with this.

I am trying to create an integration into RM.  The source file I have
contains the Goods and the Tax nominal accounts and values.  These will
always be credits.

The system I am integrating from has no concept of Debtors Control, so
effectively the source file I have only has the Credit amounts, no Debit
amounts.

The Debtors Control (Receivables) will always be the same account, and the
value will be the full invoice value that appears in my header record.

I can't see a way to use the source file I have to get the Credit amounts
in, and to also insert the Debit amount with the correct account number.

Any ideas VERY gratefully received

Thanks
0
ej1 (17)

1) Make sure your customer has the correct account receivable account setup
under the Customer Cards, or at least have a default accounts receivable
account setup at the Posting Accounts level.

2) In Integration Manager, you will want to map all the account numbers to
your Credit Amount field, however, you will want to change the Rule from Use
Source Field to Use Negative Source Field.

3) Since you are missing the debit amount, you can always click on the
Options tab for the Distribution collection and change the rule for the
Record Source from Use Default to Default Non-Imported.

Hope this helps,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"EJ" wrote:

> Hello
>
> Hope someone can help me with this.
>
> I am trying to create an integration into RM.  The source file I have
> contains the Goods and the Tax nominal accounts and values.  These will
> always be credits.
>
> The system I am integrating from has no concept of Debtors Control, so
> effectively the source file I have only has the Credit amounts, no Debit
> amounts.
>
> The Debtors Control (Receivables) will always be the same account, and the
> value will be the full invoice value that appears in my header record.
>
> I can't see a way to use the source file I have to get the Credit amounts
> in, and to also insert the Debit amount with the correct account number.
>
> Any ideas VERY gratefully received
>
> Thanks
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Advanced mail merge/distribution/attachment ?s
Hey - questions. 1 - I already know how to do mail merges and email distribution lists in Office, but if we don't want each client on our distribution list to see the names/addys of all everyone else on the list (we usually mail to blind cc for this) is there STILL a way to have each client's name show up in the email (preferably in the address or subject header lines, if not in the message? 2 - Does anyone know how to take an attachment and add it in to an email message/embed it for viewing a la HTML, rather than just attaching it? Any help would be appreciated, Jose 1) ...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

Stop Distribution Group From Receiving Email
Hi All, I created a distribution group in AD for one of the departments so that the department manager can send an email to all staff if need be. My Recipient Policy includes the SMTP domain name and X400, as is normal. What I would like to do is stop the DG email address from receiving email from outside the company without having to add each one to the blocked recipients list in the Recipient Filtering tab for Message Delivery in Global Settings. I believe that delivery of emails within Exchange 2003 is achieved via X400 (which is why you can send/receive emails inside the company e...

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Financial Management Software Fees
I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a monthly fee. Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that have been opened more than 5 years. Who charged the fee? Is there a balance waiver or a way to get the same information without paying the fee? Any help would be appreciated. "Smith Family" <Smith Family@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1967977C-A139-46D0-82D1-BD1A30070061@microsoft.com... >I use 2006 Deluxe and for the first time I have been billed $9.95 as a > monthly fee. Legacy Bank One customer, with accounts that ...

Archiving emails using Exchange Manager
I have archiving set up on Exchange manager and emails and emails are archived to a mail archive mailbox. Does anybody know how this works i.e does it include all of the mailbox including subfolders, do emails have to enter Inbox first and how do rules affect emails. Thanks Eilish ...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

IM and Distribution Amounts
Hi All, I am trying to set-up a bank transaction integration and have a few itegration lines that have a zero dollar amount. I keep getting an error message of Distribution amount on line 8 is zero. Then the integration fails. I need to keep this line in there as it may not be zero on another day. Is there anyway to get past this? I am using GP 9 and IM 9. Thanks in advance. -- TC Since the bank transaction entry window balances against the checkbook account, even if you enter zero, your additional distributions will have to balance out to be able to post the transaction. Be...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...

Redemption library
Hi all I'm using the Redemption.dll in Outlook VBA and trying to add a distribution list as a member of another distribution list! Code example: Dim objMasterDL As Redemption.RDODistListItem Dim objSlaveDL As Redemption.RDODistListItem Set objSlaveDL = someMAPIFolder.Items.Add(olDistributionListItem) 'Code to add members to objSlaveDL, name it, save it (and close it?) Set objMasterDL = someMAPIFolder.Items.Add(olDistributionListItem) How should I add objSlaveDL as a member to objMasterDL? I tried resolving the objSlaveDL against the AddressList correspon...

Integration DB Size
Our integration database is growing at a very rapid pace (about 200 MB per day) ... compared to the pace that our GP & CRM databases are growing. Is there some way to "shrink" the Integration DB? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presentationsdirect.com/paper-shredders/gbc-paper-shredders.asp...

Mas90 integration
I am trying to find out if RMS is compatible with Mas90 (MAS 90 is a 32-bit accounting, distribution and light manufacturing software) If the integration is possible where can i find the steps on how to set it up, or if there is a module for this where can I purchase it from? Thanks, HaikHR@gmail.com Try the Peachtree 3.0 export. It is very close. MAS had and import tool to import the file, as I remember it is and module they offer. Good luck. mt "Haik" <Haik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5028623-B547-4399-B1B3-1146BD3015B4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Bank Reconciliation Integration Problem #2
We are receiving "No Matching Transaction found for Transaction Number" warning message during a bank reconcilliation integration for the XFR type. Have checked that the transaction number is correct in CM20200, and we can clear the XFR types manually. Is this transaction type not allowed for some reason? Or is there some other reason why we get this warning? Scott Here is the response I got from MBS Developer Support: This has been logged as bug 26212: SUMMARY: When running a bank reconcilation integration if one of the transactions is a bank transfer with a type of XF...