Integration Manager not catching error

Recently I've been having users post SOP batches that have invoices without
distributions.

The source for these particular batches is Integration Manager; the invoices
are created in a non-GP program from data in another one of our financial
systems.  1% of the time there will be an invoice that is created without
distributions; the original business user (who has come and gone) and myself
knew that these would occur.  I have documentation elsewhere to determine
what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch
Entry or in the source IM files.

Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on GP
10 as of this past November.  Since then, whenever this particular
integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error where
an invoice is missing its distributions.  I checked that the maximum number
of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations,
one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
there - both are 0.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do?  Or do I just
tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
posting?  Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does mean
some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.
0
BethLott (5)

Beth

What type of error log you are using? Use Trace Log which gives entire
info on the integration. Secondly, Check carefully your integration
settings and it might be returning warnings and not errors. Because
the logic is simple. You are posting to a batch. when you enter a
transaction in GP itself in a batch, it will allow you to save even
though distribution is missing by way of giving you a warning.

Just check carefully your integration settings and you should be
there.

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On May 12, 10:06=A0pm, BethLott <BethL...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Recently I've been having users post SOP batches that have invoices witho=
ut
> distributions.
>
> The source for these particular batches is Integration Manager; the invoi=
ces
> are created in a non-GP program from data in another one of our financial
> systems. =A01% of the time there will be an invoice that is created witho=
ut
> distributions; the original business user (who has come and gone) and mys=
elf
> knew that these would occur. =A0I have documentation elsewhere to determi=
ne
> what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Bat=
ch
> Entry or in the source IM files.
>
> Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on G=
> 10 as of this past November. =A0Since then, whenever this particular
> integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error wh=
ere
> an invoice is missing its distributions. =A0I checked that the maximum nu=
mber
> of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations=
,
> one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
> there - both are 0.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this? =A0Is there anything I can do? =A0Or do=
 I just
> tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
> posting? =A0Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does =
mean
> some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.

0
janakirammp (688)
5/12/2009 8:12:27 PM
Welcome to the world of secure computing: you cannot query a database object
without security to it. Impersonations only work on linked servers, so you
don't have much to go by.

However, you do not need a DYNGRP role in the custom database. You can
create any role in your custom database for that matter, to which you can map
the GP users, for example DYNAMICSUSERS, then add all GP users to this custom
role. Because I have had to do this in the past, I created a query to
automate this for me, as follows:

declare @userid char(30)
declare @sqlstmt varchar(max)

declare c_users cursor for
   select userid from sy01400 where userid <> 'sa'
open c_users

fetch next from c_users into @userid
while @@fetch_status = 0
begin
   set @sqlstmt = 'USE yourCustomDB; create user ' + rtrim(@userid)
                    + ' for login ' + rtrim(@userid) + ';'
                    + ' sp_addrolemember ''DYNAMICSUSERS'', ''' +
rtrim(@userid) + ''';'

  exec(@sqlstmt)
  fetch next from c_users into @userid
end

close c_users
deallocate c_users

Needless to say, the DYNAMICSUSERS role must be created prior to running
this script in your custom DB.

After running the script, you can restrict access to the specific object(s)
by running:

GRANT SELECT ON dbo.YourTable TO DYNAMICSUSERS

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"BethLott" wrote:

> Recently I've been having users post SOP batches that have invoices without
> distributions.
>
> The source for these particular batches is Integration Manager; the invoices
> are created in a non-GP program from data in another one of our financial
> systems.  1% of the time there will be an invoice that is created without
> distributions; the original business user (who has come and gone) and myself
> knew that these would occur.  I have documentation elsewhere to determine
> what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch
> Entry or in the source IM files.
>
> Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on GP
> 10 as of this past November.  Since then, whenever this particular
> integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error where
> an invoice is missing its distributions.  I checked that the maximum number
> of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations,
> one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
> there - both are 0.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do?  Or do I just
> tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
> posting?  Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does mean
> some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/12/2009 8:29:01 PM
Looks like your comment about warnings vs errors was on the right track.

I went back to my old IM 6 and found an integration with the error I was
expecting and it indicated a problem based on the relationship requiring at
least one distribution.

When I looked at the IM 10 document from today, it only had a warning.  So
then I looked at the relationships for the integration, and sure enough, the
relationship was set to 0 or more instead of 1 or more.  Now I know what to
fix. :-)

Guess something wasn't quite so smooth with the conversion from 6 to 10!

Thanks,
Beth

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Beth
>
> What type of error log you are using? Use Trace Log which gives entire
> info on the integration. Secondly, Check carefully your integration
> settings and it might be returning warnings and not errors. Because
> the logic is simple. You are posting to a batch. when you enter a
> transaction in GP itself in a batch, it will allow you to save even
> though distribution is missing by way of giving you a warning.
>
> Just check carefully your integration settings and you should be
> there.
>
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>
> On May 12, 10:06 pm, BethLott <BethL...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Recently I've been having users post SOP batches that have invoices without
> > distributions.
> >
> > The source for these particular batches is Integration Manager; the invoices
> > are created in a non-GP program from data in another one of our financial
> > systems.  1% of the time there will be an invoice that is created without
> > distributions; the original business user (who has come and gone) and myself
> > knew that these would occur.  I have documentation elsewhere to determine
> > what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch
> > Entry or in the source IM files.
> >
> > Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on GP
> > 10 as of this past November.  Since then, whenever this particular
> > integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error where
> > an invoice is missing its distributions.  I checked that the maximum number
> > of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations,
> > one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
> > there - both are 0.
> >
> > Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do?  Or do I just
> > tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
> > posting?  Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does mean
> > some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.

0
BethLott (5)
5/12/2009 8:32:01 PM
Wrong thread, please disregard.
--
Best regards,
--

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch
> > Entry or in the source IM files.
> >
> > Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on GP
> > 10 as of this past November.  Since then, whenever this particular
> > integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error where
> > an invoice is missing its distributions.  I checked that the maximum number
> > of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations,
> > one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
> > there - both are 0.
> >
> > Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do?  Or do I just
> > tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
> > posting?  Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does mean
> > some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.
5/12/2009 8:32:08 PM
I think this response was meant for someone else's question......

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch
> > Entry or in the source IM files.
> >
> > Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on GP
> > 10 as of this past November.  Since then, whenever this particular
> > integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error where
> > an invoice is missing its distributions.  I checked that the maximum number
> > of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations,
> > one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
> > there - both are 0.
> >
> > Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do?  Or do I just
> > tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
> > posting?  Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does mean
> > some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.
5/12/2009 8:34:04 PM
Yes, it was :-), sorry! Please disregard.

Best regards,
--

"BethLott" wrote:

> [...]
> > > what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch
> > > Entry or in the source IM files.
> > >
> > > Anyway, when I created the integration we were on GP 6 and now we're on GP
> > > 10 as of this past November.  Since then, whenever this particular
> > > integration is run, Integration Manager never seems to catch the error where
> > > an invoice is missing its distributions.  I checked that the maximum number
> > > of errors is the same in IM 10 as it was in IM 6 (I have two workstations,
> > > one with the v6 install and one with the v10 install) and no differences
> > > there - both are 0.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there anything I can do?  Or do I just
> > > tell them over and over to check their Document Edit List closely before
> > > posting?  Posting the batch twice isn't the end of the world, but does mean
> > > some extra steps are added to the user's monthly process.

error message "operation timed out"
hi, when i try to post my website to the web, i get an error message that says "the web publishing wizard was unable to publish your files to the web server for the following reason-the operation timed out". this keeps happening. i recently switched from msn as my isp to comcast, could that have something to do with it? ...

having problems with DSMOD not ignoring errors
Hi, I am trying to remove all users in a specific OU from a group. The command that I am giving is below dsquery user "ou=TestOU,dc=domainname,dc=com" -limit 10000 | dsmod group "CN=Test_Group,ou=Groups,dc=domainname,dc=com" -rmmbr -c From what I understand, the -c tells dsmod to ignore errors and continue. But this is not happening. It stops as soon as it comes across someone that is already not a member of the group. What am I doing wrong? On a side note it would be REALLY nice if when looking at group membership that I can sort on the Active Dire...

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

errors when clicking links in emails
Just started having problems with links in my emails. When I click on a web site link or a link to show a video I get the following error, "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." I haven't changed any security settings that I can think of. I have recently installed and then uninstalled Mozille Firefox. Otherwise, I dont think any other changes have been made. Also not sure if this is a Windows problem, or an Outlook 2002 problem. No info in the MS knowedgebase on this either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. JWPl...

Store Procedure Error
I changed a table relationship for a customized Report and after exiting the sytem and reentering Great plains, I got the error below: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'zDP_SY01401F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'SY01401'. Any ideas? Thanks! Matt ...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

error in code
m_TQuote.Open(); // addedd for database m_bInserting = FALSE; // addedd for datbase DoModal(); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1 ,m_MainEdit); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_ID,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo,m_TQuote.m_Bid,m_TQuote.m_MarketName,m_TQuote.m_Ask,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Bid); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketName); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Ask); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); HRESULT hr = 0; ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

"an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" When going offline?
I searched the NG before posting, so here goes.... We have a user that is having a problem with going offline with CRM 3.0 running with Office 2007 Pro, on XP Pro. I just installed this yesterday for him while he was in the office, and he was able to go online, and offline with no problems, multiple times. Now he is home, and cannot go offline, while working through the VPN? he is able to use CRM through the Outlook Client, but when he clicks the "go offline" button, he get the "an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" error. Any help would be greatly appre...

Resource Missing error when importing Form with VBA
Hello everyone! I'm trying to import a package file created on another machine onto a couple of my servers. It's only a single modified form with VBA code, called "UM_ Payment_Entry". However, every time I try to import the package on the server, I get the error message Resource "PrintReceipt" is missing. Now, "Print Receipt" is defined in the package code....so why isn't Great Plains finding the resource? Thanks, Steven Vallarian -----------------------payment_entry.package contents---------------- <Component Name="UM_Payment_Entry&quo...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Error 0x80070057 #2
I have windows xp and exchange 2003 and using outlook 2003. In my contact list I have quite a large number of contacts about 1500+ contacts. Some of the contacts are in groups and some individually. When I want to send an email to the users (all 1500+ of them) in my contact list (as a bulk mail) Outlook goes through the motion of sending it and then comes up with a "outlook send/receive progress" box and the error message is "Task 'ABCXYZ.COM - sending' reported error (0x80070057):'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not va...

Setting up custom error message in Outlook Web Access
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 and configured IISADMPWD for changing the password through OWA for remote users. Everything is working perfectly I need some help in fine tuning the error codes. The following are the error codes users see if they enter incorrect informaiton: Error -2147022675 This happens when Domain name is missing in the dialog box. But the users just see above error code they have no clue what went wrong. I need to customize this error message to say "The domain name is missing" Error -2147023570 This happens if the Username or Old password is incorrect. A...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Re: Sending and receiving error 0x800ccc97
Just heard from the folks I filed the bug with - they say the problem was fixed in cppop 5.4. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... > As best I can tell, the problem with this server is that it counts a message > containing internal folder data created by the UW IMAP server when it > responds to the STAT command but doesn't list it in either the UIDL or LIST > responses. So if a mailbox ha...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

Quotes - Financial Results
Not sure if this is a place to report this, but the historical (average) P/E's on the Financial Results - Key Ratios page shows the P/E's with a mistaken shift in the decimal point. see http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/results/compare.asp?Page=TenYearSummary&Symbol=bcs# where Barclay's Bank is showing average P/E's for the last 10 years of 158 to 228, which I think should be 15.8 to 22.8 instead. It seems to only be wrong for ADRs. You can "report" it here, but nobody here can do anything about it. Some might find it useful information, thou...