Integration manager, GP9.0, data from tables???

Here's the situation:  Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP.  I 
created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using 
Access 2003.  The data is created and stored in tables I created in the 
appropriate company databases.

Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using 
RegisterGlobals9.

How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I need 
to make the SOP integration work?

One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that 
appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS Access 
export function chops off the 3rd digit example: .225  is exported as .22 
instead of .23) 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
0
VinceV (156)
2/19/2007 6:58:29 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

9 Replies
509 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

From what you say, it appears that the data source is also on the same 
server and uses SQL Authentication, and you are trying to achieve a 
single-signon wusing RG, correct?
Sorry, you cannot use RG that way.

You have two choices:
use integrated authentication in your data source so that the user has a 
seamless experience or
crate a new SQL login and use those login credentials for the integration.

HS

-- 
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
Current member count: 40
--------------------------------------------
Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
--------------------------------------------
"VinceV" <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AAC96969-1D22-4C3B-88E5-E9D7763C9BA8@microsoft.com...
> Here's the situation:  Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP. 
> I
> created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using
> Access 2003.  The data is created and stored in tables I created in the
> appropriate company databases.
>
> Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using
> RegisterGlobals9.
>
> How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I 
> need
> to make the SOP integration work?
>
> One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that
> appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS Access
> export function chops off the 3rd digit example: .225  is exported as .22
> instead of .23)
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 


0
HSalim (1270)
2/19/2007 7:55:20 PM
The source tables are created in each company database.  It appears that IM 
doesn't have the code to allow you to select a different database on the ODBC 
connection, it defaults to DYNAMICS.

RegisterGolbals9 contains the connection info to connect to the appropriate 
company database.  IM must use a similar method to determine which company 
the GP 9 user has open.  Its too bad it doesn't expose that method to the Add 
Source process.

I have figured out how to do this using CSV files, you have to create a 
query with a specific field format i.e. format(FieldName, "0.00") to force 
the export to round the number rather than truncating a 2 decimal places.

Thanks for the help!
"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> 
> From what you say, it appears that the data source is also on the same 
> server and uses SQL Authentication, and you are trying to achieve a 
> single-signon wusing RG, correct?
> Sorry, you cannot use RG that way.
> 
> You have two choices:
> use integrated authentication in your data source so that the user has a 
> seamless experience or
> crate a new SQL login and use those login credentials for the integration.
> 
> HS
> 
> -- 
> www.DynExtra.com
> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
> Current member count: 40
> --------------------------------------------
> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
> --------------------------------------------

0
VinceV (156)
2/19/2007 8:18:08 PM
forget the CSV.
If the company is the problem, that is easily solved.  and there are a numbe 
of ways to achieve your goal.

I am assuming that you are using IM datasource.
Simply exit the connection String in the datasource and add Database=CODB<or 
whatever>

HS



-- 
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
Current member count: 40
--------------------------------------------
Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
--------------------------------------------
"VinceV" <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A4497FE8-17FF-4B05-809F-D79361FC0E99@microsoft.com...
> The source tables are created in each company database.  It appears that 
> IM
> doesn't have the code to allow you to select a different database on the 
> ODBC
> connection, it defaults to DYNAMICS.
>
> RegisterGolbals9 contains the connection info to connect to the 
> appropriate
> company database.  IM must use a similar method to determine which company
> the GP 9 user has open.  Its too bad it doesn't expose that method to the 
> Add
> Source process.
>
> I have figured out how to do this using CSV files, you have to create a
> query with a specific field format i.e. format(FieldName, "0.00") to force
> the export to round the number rather than truncating a 2 decimal places.
>
> Thanks for the help!
> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>>
>> From what you say, it appears that the data source is also on the same
>> server and uses SQL Authentication, and you are trying to achieve a
>> single-signon wusing RG, correct?
>> Sorry, you cannot use RG that way.
>>
>> You have two choices:
>> use integrated authentication in your data source so that the user has a
>> seamless experience or
>> crate a new SQL login and use those login credentials for the 
>> integration.
>>
>> HS
>>
>> -- 
>> www.DynExtra.com
>> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
>> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
>> Current member count: 40
>> --------------------------------------------
>> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
>> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
>> --------------------------------------------
> 


0
HSalim (1270)
2/19/2007 10:39:30 PM
Yes, I'm using data sources in IM.  I'd love to not create the text files but 
haven't found a way to do it using the ODBC data sources.

IM gives me 4 data source choices, Text, simple ODBC, advanced ODBC, XML 

XML appears to be limited to a single source.

When I attempt to make the connection using either simple or advanced the 
options button is greyed out which prevents me from specifying the database 
name. 

If the problem is easily solved could you please point me in the right 
direction?

I'll be searching CustomerSource.....

VinceV

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> forget the CSV.
> If the company is the problem, that is easily solved.  and there are a numbe 
> of ways to achieve your goal.
> 
> I am assuming that you are using IM datasource.
> Simply exit the connection String in the datasource and add Database=CODB<or 
> whatever>
> 
> HS
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> www.DynExtra.com
> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
> Current member count: 40
> --------------------------------------------
> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
> --------------------------------------------

0
VinceV (156)
2/20/2007 12:04:02 AM
Vince,
I have added a screenshot of how to create a DSN in Integration manager.
then using simple or advanced odbc, first select the datasource you want 
then proceed.

HS


-- 
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
Current member count: 40
--------------------------------------------
Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
--------------------------------------------
"VinceV" <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7B421C95-AF41-4D2D-8C2C-BCBC512998D1@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I'm using data sources in IM.  I'd love to not create the text files 
> but
> haven't found a way to do it using the ODBC data sources.
>
> IM gives me 4 data source choices, Text, simple ODBC, advanced ODBC, XML
>
> XML appears to be limited to a single source.
>
> When I attempt to make the connection using either simple or advanced the
> options button is greyed out which prevents me from specifying the 
> database
> name.
>
> If the problem is easily solved could you please point me in the right
> direction?
>
> I'll be searching CustomerSource.....
>
> VinceV
>
> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> forget the CSV.
>> If the company is the problem, that is easily solved.  and there are a 
>> numbe
>> of ways to achieve your goal.
>>
>> I am assuming that you are using IM datasource.
>> Simply exit the connection String in the datasource and add 
>> Database=CODB<or
>> whatever>
>>
>> HS
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> www.DynExtra.com
>> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
>> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
>> Current member count: 40
>> --------------------------------------------
>> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
>> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
>> --------------------------------------------
> 


0
HSalim (1270)
2/20/2007 12:57:49 AM
From an old programer... a trick I used was to create a column to export that 
included the price plus .005.  Values .005 and up would then truncate the the 
next higher whole number and .004 or below to the next lower whole number as 
you want.


-- 
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP
Documentation for Software Users

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
http://www.AccoladePublications.com



"VinceV" wrote:

> Here's the situation:  Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP.  I 
> created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using 
> Access 2003.  The data is created and stored in tables I created in the 
> appropriate company databases.
> 
> Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using 
> RegisterGlobals9.
> 
> How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I need 
> to make the SOP integration work?
> 
> One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that 
> appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS Access 
> export function chops off the 3rd digit example: .225  is exported as .22 
> instead of .23) 
> 
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
0
info4071 (3004)
2/20/2007 6:31:46 AM
AND, you have to do this same thing in Report Writer, in a lot of
places, to get the report output to equal what the system calculates.
Report Writer does not round up or down, it just truncates the amount.

-- 
Lyle U


Richard L. Whaley wrote:

> From an old programer... a trick I used was to create a column to
> export that included the price plus .005.  Values .005 and up would
> then truncate the the next higher whole number and .004 or below to
> the next lower whole number as you want.
0
lyleu (305)
2/20/2007 6:55:56 AM
Thank you!

It took me a while to find the form that allowed a connection string.  Now 
for the hard question,  Can that data source be altered by VBS in the 
BeforeIntegration script?

I'd really like to have a single integration, not one for every company.  I 
suppose I could modify my extraction program to put all the entries into a 
single database instead of placing the Header, Item and Distributions tables 
in the corresponding company database and then extract based on the logged in 
company name.

Thanks again!

VinceV

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> Vince,
> I have added a screenshot of how to create a DSN in Integration manager.
> then using simple or advanced odbc, first select the datasource you want 
> then proceed.
> 
> HS
> 
> 
> -- 
> www.DynExtra.com
> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
> Current member count: 40
> --------------------------------------------
> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
> --------------------------------------------

0
VinceV (156)
2/20/2007 5:47:02 PM
No the DSN cannot be manipulated in the before integration script.
(or not the last time I checked...)

but, all is not lost  in your before QUERY, you can add an additional 
criteria.  This should help you achieve what you want.  How?

Let us say in the before integration script you use RG to get the company 
logged in.
You can assign this value to a variable -
for example:  SetVariable "CO", userinfo.lintercompanyid



now in the before query you can add additional criteria for example
Dim StrFilter
StrFilter & " AND Company = '" & GetVariable ("CO") & "'"

or you can get creative.  It is like building a where clause - the filter 
criteria should read like a where clause

If GetVariable ("CO") =  "MYCO1" then
 StrFilter = StrFilter & " AND SomeColumnName = " & GetVariable 
("FirstCustomer"))
else
 StrFilter = StrFilter & " AND OthrColumn <= " & CDbl(GetVariable 
("LastInvoice"))
End If

Finally, assign it
Query.AdditionalCriteria = StrFilter

and voila! you have a dynamic integration.

HS

-- 
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
Current member count: 40
--------------------------------------------
Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
--------------------------------------------
"VinceV" <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:349E7B50-314E-4604-BC9D-7B7705F6F237@microsoft.com...
> Thank you!
>
> It took me a while to find the form that allowed a connection string.  Now
> for the hard question,  Can that data source be altered by VBS in the
> BeforeIntegration script?
>
> I'd really like to have a single integration, not one for every company. 
> I
> suppose I could modify my extraction program to put all the entries into a
> single database instead of placing the Header, Item and Distributions 
> tables
> in the corresponding company database and then extract based on the logged 
> in
> company name.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> VinceV
>
> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Vince,
>> I have added a screenshot of how to create a DSN in Integration manager.
>> then using simple or advanced odbc, first select the datasource you want
>> then proceed.
>>
>> HS
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> www.DynExtra.com
>> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
>> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
>> Current member count: 40
>> --------------------------------------------
>> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
>> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
>> --------------------------------------------
> 


0
HSalim (1270)
2/20/2007 6:27:19 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Pivot Table Formula #3
Can a formula be done in one Pivot Table using a field from another pivot Table? A calculated field can only refer to fields in its own pivot table. It can't refer to other pivot tables. carolini wrote: > Can a formula be done in one Pivot Table using a field from another pivot > Table? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

BCM to CRM 4.0 data migration
Hi there, Has anyone done BCM to CRM 4.0 conversion? Is there a tool exists to transfer data from BCM to CRM 4.0 like it has for CRM 3.0? Could you bring the Activity across to CRM 4.0? The problem with BCM to CRM 3.0 conversion was that it will bring the activity across but it would not link them back to correct accounts or contacts records in CRM. Please let me know if anyone here has done the conversion from BCM to CRM 4.0, the tool that you used and the challenges that you faced. thanks Kyaw I was able to bring across Accounts linked to Contacts by exporting both to CSV. I ...

Moving selective data from one sheet to anouther
Hi, I would like to move a range of data within a row from one sheet to anouther sheet automatically when the data in a cell within the range that would be moved, is greater than zero. Is there a formula that will do this? One non-array formulas play which "yields" the desired output .. Assume source table is in Sheet1, cols A to D, data from row2 down, where the key col is col D (the " greater than zero " criteria) Use an empty col to the right, say col E Put in E2: =IF(D2="","",IF(D2>0,ROW(),"")) Copy E2 down to say, E100 to cover the ...

Combo Box to enter data to text box!
In my subForm I have a Combo box drop down list I want to have the data in my combo box entered into my Text Box [tbAdditionCharge] on AfterUpdate -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:49:12 +1300, "Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: >In my subForm I have a Combo box drop down list I want to have the data in >my combo box entered into my Text Box [tbAdditionCharge] on AfterUpdate Since data is not stored in combo boxes, textboxes, subforms or ...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

Query that will look for duplicate in two tables.
I have two tables that were originaly Excel tables and imported them into Access. Import went well. Both tables consist of columns named - Name, Department Number, Department Name, and Employee ID. I need to compare the two tables and have Access give me the NON duplicates. I ran a Find Unmatched Query using name in both tables. The results showed almost as many records as are in the original two tables. What I noticed it found in one table Smith, John and Smith,John. These are the same people but one person typed the name with the last name and comma space while the other pers...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Retrieving deleted data
I attached a 12 page Word file to an Outlook Express message, but before sending the email opened the file and deleted all but the first page (as this was all I wished to attach to the email). Now, after sending the email, I find when I open the word file there is only the first page. How can I retrieve the deleted pages? You would have had to save it to attach it, hence the problem. You saved the shortened version. If you have the backup option set, you will find a backup file in the same folder that will be the previously saved version. Hopefully you haven't saved twice! ...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Finding data files
I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't show any of my data. I saved everthing on my hard drive before I installed XP, but I did not back up my Money data. Isn't there a file that contains my current information? What is the name of the file Money saves its information to? Thank You!! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=109. "Dale" <dalevan@iserv.net> wrote in message news:2a57301c466e7$63e929c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't > show any of my data. I saved everthing on my hard d...

record from table based on record from other table
I'm sure this isn't too hard but it's killing me! If a customer has a pricing level of 1, how do I call pricelevel1 from the products table? This should also be the case if the customer has a price level of 2, then pricelevel2 should be called and a price level of 3 should call pricelevel3. The resulting pricelevel is referred to as UnitPrice. eg UnitPrice:IIf((Customers.PriceLevel)=1, Products.PriceLevel1, IIf(Customers.PriceLevel)=2, Products.PriceLevel2,Products.PriceLevel3)). This is not working in a query. Thanks in advance I think it a metter of brackets, try: UnitPrice:...

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Table Service and Tabs
Does RMS have the option or is there a add on for table service and saving running bills. If you mean like an extra charge, say corkage, you could just set this up as a tax and call it "Corkage"...and you can always just hold a transaction, bring it back up add stuff to it and send it back to hold again. Then you can just bring it back off hold (recall) when it is time to settle the bill. Is that like what you want to do? "Molson69" wrote: > Does RMS have the option or is there a add on for table service and saving > running bills. What I need to do is all...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Data connections properties include column headings
Data connections properties "include/exclude column headings" option for importing data from Access to Excel is missing in the new 2007 version. I have many Excel spreadsheets that import data from Access and the 2003 version shows this option when creating a new connection, but the 2007 version does not have it. Existing 2003 spreadsheets show the option when opened in 2007, but as soon as a new connection is made to add columns, it disappears. Since column headings have been customized and adjusted from access, I need to keep the Excel headings by "Excluding&q...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Variable Data Printing
I create templates for my clients using publisher 2003. I create all of the text boxes and positing every item where it needs to be on the page. I then give the templates to my clients. Is there a way to create a form and combine the document and the form together. I researched the catalog feature but that did not solve my problem for online forms. Variable data solutions are very expensive and I really need a low cost way to achieve this. Any input you may have will be greatly appreciated. ...

Manufacturing Table Locks
All / Gerald Do you know which tables contain the locking information for MO and PO in the manufacturing module. Regards Darren Bowen There are a DexLock and DexSession tables in the TempDB. However, Dexterity is designed to use passive locking for most of the time which means that it does not actually apply locks at the DB level except for the first milliseconds it actually updates the data. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email
I have a handed down assignment to collect weekly employee whereabouts of 300+ in a spreadsheet. Currently the spreadsheet is updated each week by sending out an e-mail asking for state, city, client, and contact # (example: PA, Glenside, Rohm Haas, 555-555-5555). When the info is received by me I must cut and paste the info from the e-mail into an excel spreadsheet per that employee's name. There has got to be a better way. I am not a programmer but I am application savvy. HELP This takes way to much time the way it is done currently. Hi mismarple See Dick's site http://www.d...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...