Integration Manager Error #6

have an integration format which gives DOC 1 ERROR - you don't have security 
privileges to open this window and then a DOC 2 WARNING - A fiscal period for 
posting date has not been setup

the integration goes ahead and processes through but doesnt bring in first 
record!

we have checked permissions and don't see any issues and fiscal period is 
setup in GP

Any ideas? We have to put a dummy record in the import file now so it doesnt 
eliminate a real record to get it imported presently. Would like to not have 
to do this any more.
0
Glen1 (157)
4/18/2007 2:16:03 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 4 followers. Follow

5 Replies
601 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

Glen,

Can the person who is running the integration actually enter that type of 
transaction without using integration manager?  I would expect that you would 
get the same error as on the DOC 1.  If that is the case, do you have another 
user who can enter without the error run the integration.  If that is 
successful, then you know it is a user based permission.

I would also preview the sources to see what dates and records the 
integration is seeing to help with the fiscal periods message.

Jo Ann

"Glen" wrote:

> have an integration format which gives DOC 1 ERROR - you don't have security 
> privileges to open this window and then a DOC 2 WARNING - A fiscal period for 
> posting date has not been setup
> 
> the integration goes ahead and processes through but doesnt bring in first 
> record!
> 
> we have checked permissions and don't see any issues and fiscal period is 
> setup in GP
> 
> Any ideas? We have to put a dummy record in the import file now so it doesnt 
> eliminate a real record to get it imported presently. Would like to not have 
> to do this any more.
0
4/18/2007 4:52:40 PM
i will check to see if sa gets same msg - but, funny thing about it is the 
integration works except for the first record - all rest come in fine - and, 
we checked all the obvious permissions issues 

will check to see if sa gets it and let you know if does - if have any other 
thoughts, kindly share them - thanks 

"Jo Ann Wellman" wrote:

> Glen,
> 
> Can the person who is running the integration actually enter that type of 
> transaction without using integration manager?  I would expect that you would 
> get the same error as on the DOC 1.  If that is the case, do you have another 
> user who can enter without the error run the integration.  If that is 
> successful, then you know it is a user based permission.
> 
> I would also preview the sources to see what dates and records the 
> integration is seeing to help with the fiscal periods message.
> 
> Jo Ann
> 
> "Glen" wrote:
> 
> > have an integration format which gives DOC 1 ERROR - you don't have security 
> > privileges to open this window and then a DOC 2 WARNING - A fiscal period for 
> > posting date has not been setup
> > 
> > the integration goes ahead and processes through but doesnt bring in first 
> > record!
> > 
> > we have checked permissions and don't see any issues and fiscal period is 
> > setup in GP
> > 
> > Any ideas? We have to put a dummy record in the import file now so it doesnt 
> > eliminate a real record to get it imported presently. Would like to not have 
> > to do this any more.
0
Glen1 (157)
4/18/2007 5:02:01 PM
Glen,

Do you have any scripts or restrictions on the source or integration that 
would cause this behavior?

Jo Ann

"Glen" wrote:

> have an integration format which gives DOC 1 ERROR - you don't have security 
> privileges to open this window and then a DOC 2 WARNING - A fiscal period for 
> posting date has not been setup
> 
> the integration goes ahead and processes through but doesnt bring in first 
> record!
> 
> we have checked permissions and don't see any issues and fiscal period is 
> setup in GP
> 
> Any ideas? We have to put a dummy record in the import file now so it doesnt 
> eliminate a real record to get it imported presently. Would like to not have 
> to do this any more.
0
4/18/2007 5:04:23 PM
no - dont see any restrictions at all - it works fine - just have to pad with 
extra record up front to get it through which is really odd!

"Jo Ann Wellman" wrote:

> Glen,
> 
> Do you have any scripts or restrictions on the source or integration that 
> would cause this behavior?
> 
> Jo Ann
> 
> "Glen" wrote:
> 
> > have an integration format which gives DOC 1 ERROR - you don't have security 
> > privileges to open this window and then a DOC 2 WARNING - A fiscal period for 
> > posting date has not been setup
> > 
> > the integration goes ahead and processes through but doesnt bring in first 
> > record!
> > 
> > we have checked permissions and don't see any issues and fiscal period is 
> > setup in GP
> > 
> > Any ideas? We have to put a dummy record in the import file now so it doesnt 
> > eliminate a real record to get it imported presently. Would like to not have 
> > to do this any more.
0
Glen1 (157)
4/18/2007 6:32:04 PM
Hi Glen,

If you are importing from a .csv, you may have the column headings as the 
first records, which tends to not make IM day.

Cheers.

R.

"Glen" wrote:

> i will check to see if sa gets same msg - but, funny thing about it is the 
> integration works except for the first record - all rest come in fine - and, 
> we checked all the obvious permissions issues 
> 
> will check to see if sa gets it and let you know if does - if have any other 
> thoughts, kindly share them - thanks 
> 
> "Jo Ann Wellman" wrote:
> 
> > Glen,
> > 
> > Can the person who is running the integration actually enter that type of 
> > transaction without using integration manager?  I would expect that you would 
> > get the same error as on the DOC 1.  If that is the case, do you have another 
> > user who can enter without the error run the integration.  If that is 
> > successful, then you know it is a user based permission.
> > 
> > I would also preview the sources to see what dates and records the 
> > integration is seeing to help with the fiscal periods message.
> > 
> > Jo Ann
> > 
> > "Glen" wrote:
> > 
> > > have an integration format which gives DOC 1 ERROR - you don't have security 
> > > privileges to open this window and then a DOC 2 WARNING - A fiscal period for 
> > > posting date has not been setup
> > > 
> > > the integration goes ahead and processes through but doesnt bring in first 
> > > record!
> > > 
> > > we have checked permissions and don't see any issues and fiscal period is 
> > > setup in GP
> > > 
> > > Any ideas? We have to put a dummy record in the import file now so it doesnt 
> > > eliminate a real record to get it imported presently. Would like to not have 
> > > to do this any more.
0
Rockfield (54)
4/19/2007 11:22:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

error message "operation timed out"
hi, when i try to post my website to the web, i get an error message that says "the web publishing wizard was unable to publish your files to the web server for the following reason-the operation timed out". this keeps happening. i recently switched from msn as my isp to comcast, could that have something to do with it? ...

having problems with DSMOD not ignoring errors
Hi, I am trying to remove all users in a specific OU from a group. The command that I am giving is below dsquery user "ou=TestOU,dc=domainname,dc=com" -limit 10000 | dsmod group "CN=Test_Group,ou=Groups,dc=domainname,dc=com" -rmmbr -c From what I understand, the -c tells dsmod to ignore errors and continue. But this is not happening. It stops as soon as it comes across someone that is already not a member of the group. What am I doing wrong? On a side note it would be REALLY nice if when looking at group membership that I can sort on the Active Dire...

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

errors when clicking links in emails
Just started having problems with links in my emails. When I click on a web site link or a link to show a video I get the following error, "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." I haven't changed any security settings that I can think of. I have recently installed and then uninstalled Mozille Firefox. Otherwise, I dont think any other changes have been made. Also not sure if this is a Windows problem, or an Outlook 2002 problem. No info in the MS knowedgebase on this either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. JWPl...

Store Procedure Error
I changed a table relationship for a customized Report and after exiting the sytem and reentering Great plains, I got the error below: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'zDP_SY01401F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'SY01401'. Any ideas? Thanks! Matt ...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

error in code
m_TQuote.Open(); // addedd for database m_bInserting = FALSE; // addedd for datbase DoModal(); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1 ,m_MainEdit); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_ID,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo,m_TQuote.m_Bid,m_TQuote.m_MarketName,m_TQuote.m_Ask,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Bid); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketName); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Ask); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); HRESULT hr = 0; ...

6 bottles of wine gets you 10% off?
Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the box, or is it impossible? -- Thank You Vince :) One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure out amount for the 6th bottle and above. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:14DF8630-C031-4C90-8FCB-BE8085FFCA25@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the > box, > or is it impossible? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Can you elaborate any further? If in using the discount section won't tha...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

"an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" When going offline?
I searched the NG before posting, so here goes.... We have a user that is having a problem with going offline with CRM 3.0 running with Office 2007 Pro, on XP Pro. I just installed this yesterday for him while he was in the office, and he was able to go online, and offline with no problems, multiple times. Now he is home, and cannot go offline, while working through the VPN? he is able to use CRM through the Outlook Client, but when he clicks the "go offline" button, he get the "an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" error. Any help would be greatly appre...

Resource Missing error when importing Form with VBA
Hello everyone! I'm trying to import a package file created on another machine onto a couple of my servers. It's only a single modified form with VBA code, called "UM_ Payment_Entry". However, every time I try to import the package on the server, I get the error message Resource "PrintReceipt" is missing. Now, "Print Receipt" is defined in the package code....so why isn't Great Plains finding the resource? Thanks, Steven Vallarian -----------------------payment_entry.package contents---------------- <Component Name="UM_Payment_Entry&quo...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Gift Cards #6
Looking to use Gift Cards across our POS, catalog, and web site orders. Does anyone have a possible solution for allowing the customer to purchase a gift card at one source (say, the website) and allowing them to use it in the retail store? Or, purchase in the retail store (RMS POS) and use it on the website? Revised: In other words, I would like to find an add-on that let's me sell/redeem gift cards across all sales channels. Any suggestions/recommendations? "Luminox" wrote: > Looking to use Gift Cards across our POS, catalog, and web site orders. Does > anyon...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Setting up custom error message in Outlook Web Access
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 and configured IISADMPWD for changing the password through OWA for remote users. Everything is working perfectly I need some help in fine tuning the error codes. The following are the error codes users see if they enter incorrect informaiton: Error -2147022675 This happens when Domain name is missing in the dialog box. But the users just see above error code they have no clue what went wrong. I need to customize this error message to say "The domain name is missing" Error -2147023570 This happens if the Username or Old password is incorrect. A...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

Re: Sending and receiving error 0x800ccc97
Just heard from the folks I filed the bug with - they say the problem was fixed in cppop 5.4. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... > As best I can tell, the problem with this server is that it counts a message > containing internal folder data created by the UW IMAP server when it > responds to the STAT command but doesn't list it in either the UIDL or LIST > responses. So if a mailbox ha...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...