Integration Manager error 04-15-10

I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item
description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations
but am really having trouble with this one.

All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv
source file.
Here is the error I am getting:

DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item
Number' field of the root recordset.  Maximum length is 0.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Are you using an alternate Item Maintenance window?

"davidf." wrote:

> I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item
> description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations
> but am really having trouble with this one.
>
> All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv
> source file.
> Here is the error I am getting:
>
> DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item
> Number' field of the root recordset.  Maximum length is 0.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this?
No, it's the standard window. I have run integrations many times before on
this setup. I'm logging in to a virtual server with gp client on it. I
usually run these integrations from home but I'm stranded in England at the
moment. That could be it. The source file looks fine.

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Are you using an alternate Item Maintenance window?
>

> "davidf." wrote:
>
> > I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item
> > description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations
> > but am really having trouble with this one.
> >
> > All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv
> > source file.
> > Here is the error I am getting:
> >
> > DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item
> > Number' field of the root recordset.  Maximum length is 0.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Hi david

I think the reason Leslie asked the previous question was due to the fact
this error is usually caused by an alternate screen being present and/or
third party product being installed that uses that screen you are integration
to.

I would try to remove all add-ons from the SET file and remove security to
any modified forms and try the integration again. Although you have used this
client and interation MGR install before without error, have you integraed
this data before?

If that doesn't work you could always blame it on the ASH in the air.

Hope you can fly out soon.
--
Fliehigh

"davidf." wrote:

> No, it's the standard window. I have run integrations many times before on
> this setup. I'm logging in to a virtual server with gp client on it. I
> usually run these integrations from home but I'm stranded in England at the
> moment. That could be it. The source file looks fine.
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Are you using an alternate Item Maintenance window?
> >

> > "davidf." wrote:
> >
> > > I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item
> > > description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations
> > > but am really having trouble with this one.
> > >
> > > All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv
> > > source file.
> > > Here is the error I am getting:
> > >
> > > DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item
> > > Number' field of the root recordset.  Maximum length is 0.
> > >
> > > Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Wow! Removing all add-ons from the SET file? Why not just disable the
customizations under the Customization Maintenance screen before running the
integration? Sounds a lot easier.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi david
>
> I think the reason Leslie asked the previous question was due to the fact
> this error is usually caused by an alternate screen being present and/or
> third party product being installed that uses that screen you are integration
> to.
>
> I would try to remove all add-ons from the SET file and remove security to
> any modified forms and try the integration again. Although you have used this
> client and interation MGR install before without error, have you integraed
> this data before?
>
> If that doesn't work you could always blame it on the ASH in the air.
>
> Hope you can fly out soon.
> --
> Fliehigh
>

> "davidf." wrote:
>
> > No, it's the standard window. I have run integrations many times before on
> > this setup. I'm logging in to a virtual server with gp client on it. I
> > usually run these integrations from home but I'm stranded in England at the
> > moment. That could be it. The source file looks fine.
> >
> > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you using an alternate Item Maintenance window?

I figured it out! I took another look at the source file and figured out
there was some formatting on the Item Number field that made it kick out. The
column was left-justified so there was a hidden " ' " so I/M was reading
'1234 instead of 1234.

Stripped that out and it worked fine.

Just goes to show - never trust someone else's source file!

"davidf." wrote:

> I am on GP10 sp3. I am trying to run an integration to just change the item
> description on a list of items. I have successfully set up many integrations
> but am really having trouble with this one.
>
> All I have is the item number and the description to update in the .csv
> source file.
> Here is the error I am getting:
>
> DOC 1 ERROR: A value exceeding the maximum length was found in the 'Item
> Number' field of the root recordset.  Maximum length is 0.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Hi Mariano

In my experience, disabling the customiztion doesn't always solve the issue
when it comes to IM, but a clean SET file always works. But that is just my
opinion, sorry if my troublshooting suggestions and help are what you would
do, but starting with a clean enviroment usually points to the issue
emidiatly. That is why I always have a clean SET file saved off to the side.
Something i learned from my consulting days and it has helped me get of some
jams.

Just my opinion though.
--
Fliehigh

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Wow! Removing all add-ons from the SET file? Why not just disable the
> customizations under the Customization Maintenance screen before running the
> integration? Sounds a lot easier.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi david
> >
> > I think the reason Leslie asked the previous question was due to the fact
> > this error is usually caused by an alternate screen being present and/or
> > third party product being installed that uses that screen you are integration
> > to.
> >
> > I would try to remove all add-ons from the SET file and remove security to
> > any modified forms and try the integration again. Although you have used this
> > client and interation MGR install before without error, have you integraed
> > this data before?
> >
> > If that doesn't work you could always blame it on the ASH in the air.
> >
> > Hope you can fly out soon.
> > --
> > Fliehigh
> >

> > "davidf." wrote:
> >
> > > No, it's the standard window. I have run integrations many times before on
> > > this setup. I'm logging in to a virtual server with gp client on it. I
> > > usually run these integrations from home but I'm stranded in England at the
> > > moment. That could be it. The source file looks fine.

having problems with DSMOD not ignoring errors
Hi, I am trying to remove all users in a specific OU from a group. The command that I am giving is below dsquery user "ou=TestOU,dc=domainname,dc=com" -limit 10000 | dsmod group "CN=Test_Group,ou=Groups,dc=domainname,dc=com" -rmmbr -c From what I understand, the -c tells dsmod to ignore errors and continue. But this is not happening. It stops as soon as it comes across someone that is already not a member of the group. What am I doing wrong? On a side note it would be REALLY nice if when looking at group membership that I can sort on the Active Dire...

error message "operation timed out"
hi, when i try to post my website to the web, i get an error message that says "the web publishing wizard was unable to publish your files to the web server for the following reason-the operation timed out". this keeps happening. i recently switched from msn as my isp to comcast, could that have something to do with it? ...

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

test 04-22-10
;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof Your test worked, but your spell check didn't. Test Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test.here -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "claire labrecque" <clabreque@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:ur%23FbEd4KHA.5324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof ...

update won't run...from v.X to 10.1.2
I have recently installed Office v.X on my office G4 and am trying to upgrade so I can connect to our exchange server. I downloaded the 10.1.2 updater and have run it but it seems to hang on the "Gathering Information" window with the spinning beach ball of death. I have tried restarting, repairing permissions, redownloading the installer and nothing chanages. Am I doing this the right way or is there an upgrade I'm missing somewhere? is there something else I'm not doing right? Thank you in advance for your help!! peace jarod Hi Do you have some mounted serve...

errors when clicking links in emails
Just started having problems with links in my emails. When I click on a web site link or a link to show a video I get the following error, "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." I haven't changed any security settings that I can think of. I have recently installed and then uninstalled Mozille Firefox. Otherwise, I dont think any other changes have been made. Also not sure if this is a Windows problem, or an Outlook 2002 problem. No info in the MS knowedgebase on this either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. JWPl...

Store Procedure Error
I changed a table relationship for a customized Report and after exiting the sytem and reentering Great plains, I got the error below: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'zDP_SY01401F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'SY01401'. Any ideas? Thanks! Matt ...

looking for a case management template
I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyone provide suggestions. Search on-line for "case management" template. Search at Microsoft.com for "case management" template. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "DB ADMIN" <DB ADMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F774D0-BAF7-494E-AAFE-157317D7C416@microsoft.com... >I need to manage over 600 organization with a variety of variances. My > primary key is a manually created file no. Can anyo...

CString::Format misinterpreting managed String as parameter
I'm mixing managed and unmanaged code in my VC++ projects and using CString and String classes at the same time. Following code-snippet worked without problems in VC++ .NET 2002: CString strTemp; String *sManaged = "anything"; strTemp.Format("%s", sManaged ); SetWindowText(strTemp); The result was, of course, "anything" on the screen. The same snippet, when compiled under VC++.NET 2003 and started in release mode or with Ctrl+F5 in debug mode reproduces unreadable output. However, it worls when debugging.. Any idea of what's going on here? "...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Order Management with multiples sites
for improve the product, we need that order management permit to generate orders from multiple sites and with diferent documents type. This because, the orders could be delivered from different sites. This is necessary for the mobility. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

error in code
m_TQuote.Open(); // addedd for database m_bInserting = FALSE; // addedd for datbase DoModal(); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1 ,m_MainEdit); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_ID,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo,m_TQuote.m_Bid,m_TQuote.m_MarketName,m_TQuote.m_Ask,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Bid); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketName); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Ask); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); HRESULT hr = 0; ...

6 bottles of wine gets you 10% off?
Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the box, or is it impossible? -- Thank You Vince :) One way is using the discount section. But you have to figure out amount for the 6th bottle and above. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:14DF8630-C031-4C90-8FCB-BE8085FFCA25@microsoft.com... > Has anyone figured out how to do this without an add-on? RMS Out of the > box, > or is it impossible? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Can you elaborate any further? If in using the discount section won't tha...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Resource Missing error when importing Form with VBA
Hello everyone! I'm trying to import a package file created on another machine onto a couple of my servers. It's only a single modified form with VBA code, called "UM_ Payment_Entry". However, every time I try to import the package on the server, I get the error message Resource "PrintReceipt" is missing. Now, "Print Receipt" is defined in the package code....so why isn't Great Plains finding the resource? Thanks, Steven Vallarian -----------------------payment_entry.package contents---------------- <Component Name="UM_Payment_Entry&quo...

Training Material 08-10-04
Hi, What are the best resources for learning MS CRM administration, customization and programming? I looked all over amazon and mspress and couldn't find anything (only MS CRM for dummy sort of things) Any link to resources would be apprecited, Alan ------=_NextPart_0001_261648E0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Alan, In terms of materials available there is the Microsoft CRM for Dummies as well as the Special Edition Using Microsoft CRM books which are available on Amazon as you mentioned. Microsoft also provides some learning content online, which...

"an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" When going offline?
I searched the NG before posting, so here goes.... We have a user that is having a problem with going offline with CRM 3.0 running with Office 2007 Pro, on XP Pro. I just installed this yesterday for him while he was in the office, and he was able to go online, and offline with no problems, multiple times. Now he is home, and cannot go offline, while working through the VPN? he is able to use CRM through the Outlook Client, but when he clicks the "go offline" button, he get the "an unknown error has occurred. retry the action" error. Any help would be greatly appre...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Setting up custom error message in Outlook Web Access
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 and configured IISADMPWD for changing the password through OWA for remote users. Everything is working perfectly I need some help in fine tuning the error codes. The following are the error codes users see if they enter incorrect informaiton: Error -2147022675 This happens when Domain name is missing in the dialog box. But the users just see above error code they have no clue what went wrong. I need to customize this error message to say "The domain name is missing" Error -2147023570 This happens if the Username or Old password is incorrect. A...