Integration assistant for excel #3

I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query
information, my fields are not coming in to select from.  The fields come in
okay for the header query.  Is there a step that I am missing?

Thanks,

Laura
0
LauraS (21)

Laura:

Here is KB solution you need to review:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786

You need to get the list of key fields right.

"LauraS" wrote:

> I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query
> information, my fields are not coming in to select from.  The fields come in
> okay for the header query.  Is there a step that I am missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laura
0
26point2er (113)
7/25/2005 1:53:18 PM
Thanks for your input.

I move the keys over from the previous screen; I found on techknowledge that
there is a problem on the detail query if you select all keys.  Then nothing
shows up.  I have tried not selecting all keys, but when I am in the header
query all keys still show up and therefore nothing shows up under the detail
query.  Techknowledge 8473786 has acknowledged that there is a problem with
this.

"26point2er" wrote:

> Laura:
>
> Here is KB solution you need to review:
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786
>
> You need to get the list of key fields right.
>

> "LauraS" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query
> > information, my fields are not coming in to select from.  The fields come in
> > okay for the header query.  Is there a step that I am missing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Laura
0
LauraS (21)
7/25/2005 3:43:57 PM
Did you look at IM(integration manager) as an option?

not as intuitive as excel assistant but sure will work.

"LauraS" wrote:

> Thanks for your input.
>
> I move the keys over from the previous screen; I found on techknowledge that
> there is a problem on the detail query if you select all keys.  Then nothing
> shows up.  I have tried not selecting all keys, but when I am in the header
> query all keys still show up and therefore nothing shows up under the detail
> query.  Techknowledge 8473786 has acknowledged that there is a problem with
> this.
>

> "26point2er" wrote:
>
> > Laura:
> >
> > Here is KB solution you need to review:
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786
> >
> > You need to get the list of key fields right.
> >

> > "LauraS" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query
> > > information, my fields are not coming in to select from.  The fields come in
> > > okay for the header query.  Is there a step that I am missing?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Laura
0
26point2er (113)
7/25/2005 5:00:02 PM
Yes we did, but that seemed more than we needed and also more complicated.

Thanks

"26point2er" wrote:

> Did you look at IM(integration manager) as an option?
>
> not as intuitive as excel assistant but sure will work.
>
> "LauraS" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your input.
> >
> > I move the keys over from the previous screen; I found on techknowledge that
> > there is a problem on the detail query if you select all keys.  Then nothing
> > shows up.  I have tried not selecting all keys, but when I am in the header
> > query all keys still show up and therefore nothing shows up under the detail
> > query.  Techknowledge 8473786 has acknowledged that there is a problem with
> > this.
> >

> > "26point2er" wrote:
> >
> > > Laura:
> > >
> > > Here is KB solution you need to review:
> > > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786
> > >
> > > You need to get the list of key fields right.

0
LauraS (21)
7/25/2005 6:50:02 PM
Just curious, what version of GP are you running? What integration are you
running?

"LauraS" wrote:

> Yes we did, but that seemed more than we needed and also more complicated.
>
> Thanks
>
> "26point2er" wrote:
>
> > Did you look at IM(integration manager) as an option?
> >
> > not as intuitive as excel assistant but sure will work.
> >
> > "LauraS" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your input.
> > >
> > > I move the keys over from the previous screen; I found on techknowledge that
> > > there is a problem on the detail query if you select all keys.  Then nothing
> > > shows up.  I have tried not selecting all keys, but when I am in the header
> > > query all keys still show up and therefore nothing shows up under the detail
> > > query.  Techknowledge 8473786 has acknowledged that there is a problem with
> > > this.

0
26point2er (113)
7/26/2005 3:13:10 PM
I actually find Integration Manager to be easier.  IA for Excel is
really picky to the point that is almost useless to me.

LauraS wrote:
> Yes we did, but that seemed more than we needed and also more complicated.
>
> Thanks

This discussion makes one suspicious that MS is using the old "bait &
Switch" scam. Is that even legal?

Robert Yount wrote:
> I actually find Integration Manager to be easier.  IA for Excel is
> really picky to the point that is almost useless to me.
>
> LauraS wrote:
>
>> Yes we did, but that seemed more than we needed and also more
>> complicated.
>>
>> Thanks

0
noyb (108)
7/26/2005 7:59:03 PM
I wouldn't say that, I just find it difficult to use.  We mainly bought
it to import journal entries.  Franky, you really shouldn't need another
product, you ought to be able to copy and paste directly from Excel into
the journal entry screen.

noyb wrote:
> This discussion makes one suspicious that MS is using the old "bait &
> Switch" scam. Is that even legal?

But that is just my point. Can't do "it would seem" relatively simple
operations one would expect so one buys an integration product for extra
$$ only to find out that the first purchase only kind of works and that
having spent some money more will have to be paid to get an add on which
will actually work!

Robert Yount wrote:
> I wouldn't say that, I just find it difficult to use.  We mainly bought
> it to import journal entries.  Franky, you really shouldn't need another
> product, you ought to be able to copy and paste directly from Excel into
> the journal entry screen.
>
> noyb wrote:
>
>> This discussion makes one suspicious that MS is using the old "bait &
>> Switch" scam. Is that even legal?

0
noyb (108)
7/27/2005 12:24:58 PM
I have an integration that works. I wrote it in C#, I'm looking for some beta
sites. If you're interested contact me at tyghbn_5@hotmail.

Rick Rustad
Bridge Builder Software, Inc.

"noyb" wrote:

> But that is just my point. Can't do "it would seem" relatively simple
> operations one would expect so one buys an integration product for extra
> $$ only to find out that the first purchase only kind of works and that
> having spent some money more will have to be paid to get an add on which
> will actually work!
>
> Robert Yount wrote:
> > I wouldn't say that, I just find it difficult to use.  We mainly bought
> > it to import journal entries.  Franky, you really shouldn't need another
> > product, you ought to be able to copy and paste directly from Excel into
> > the journal entry screen.
> >
> > noyb wrote:
> >
> >> This discussion makes one suspicious that MS is using the old "bait &
> >> Switch" scam. Is that even legal?

I am using Great Plains 8.0 and am trying to do a general ledger journal entry.

"26point2er" wrote:

> Just curious, what version of GP are you running? What integration are you
> running?
>
> "LauraS" wrote:
>
> > Yes we did, but that seemed more than we needed and also more complicated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "26point2er" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you look at IM(integration manager) as an option?
> > >
> > > not as intuitive as excel assistant but sure will work.

0
LauraS (21)

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Excel List Box
Hello, I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of tested that we normally use in excel, however in order for the text to look right it must merge with several cells. I tried the data validation however it does not allow merged cells. How can I accomplish this? Thank you I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Perhaps you could use data validation in one cell, then VLOOKUP formulas to return the matching values in the adjacent cells. Armando wrote: > I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of > tested that we norm...

out of office assistant not working #4
I have Outlook XP and when I set up my out of office assistant by typing a short reply message in the box and then turn it on by clicking on the I am out of the office button, it does not work. I have tested it quite a bit and it never sends back an auto reply. Any help?????? FWIW, the default configuration of Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and newer doesn't permit out of office notifications to leave the organization. The exchange administrator would have to turn it on and it is a tough sell because the feature will introduce mail loops. (if a loop goes unchecked, it can bring down th...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Can Excel do this??
I have Excel 2000 and I have columns of alphabetic data. The information in each column repeats itself, i.e. there may only appear the words "One", "Two", or "Three" in a particular column in the spreadsheet. I have over 20,000 rows in the columns. Is there a way to have Excel give me totals for that particular column, telling me how many times "One" appears, how many times "Two" appears, and how many time "Three" appears? I am really stumped on this. Your help is apreciated in advance, Thanks, Mark The only way I know ...

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

excel #58
How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany joe.kipnusu@wellsfargo.com wrote: > How do you create a drop down list in excel? > anyone ...

Office "assistants" #2
In Office 2004 and prior versions, I had some "assistants" available to me when I had questions. They were much more fun than a simple "help" box. ;) Is it okay to put those assistants into Office 2008, or will that mess something up? Thanks! -- Sandy sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious) http://www.sandymike.net ...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Excel #111
How do I copy information from a batch of cells in one worksheet to another worksheet in the same workbook? I do not need a copy and paste - I need the data within these cells (which is different everytime) to automatically transfer to the second worksheet every time I enter in new data. Copy and the edit>paste special and click the paste link button -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Christine Kempf" <cdkempf@comcast.net> wrote in message news:031501c4fe9d$77d0a6e0$a301280...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

why is it saying sheetcnt is "variable not defined" how to do a global variable to share over multiple functions in vba for excel?
why is it saying sheetcnt is "variable not defined" how to do a global variable to share over multiple functions in vba for excel? Dim sheetcnt As Integer Private Sub cmdImport_Click() sheetcnt = 1 Daniel, Dimming a variable outside the procs makes it module-level. If you'll need to use it across modules, make it project level: Public sheetcnt As Integer -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23ya7IdBhFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > w...

Calendar Print Assistant won't install
I need to tweak my calendar - it cuts off print after one line, prints too small, etc. So I came across Calendar Print Assistant, but it won't install. I was using a non-geniuine version of Office, and wanted this calendar assist program so much I bought a legit version and installed it. But the installation of the assistant program says "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. One or more copies of MS Office installed on this computer are not genuine." It asks if I want to resolve this issue, and it takes me to a MS page that verifies that I am running a le...

Excel document building
Hi. I have some information from a source (XML or DB) i need to put in an excel file by means of java(jexcel) or .NET applications. My problem is that i have no fixed template. Can someone give me an advice on make this? Is there an easy way to build templates and using them by means of software code? Thanks... ...

UNC Path length problem opening a file in excel 2002 or 2003
I've had several of my users that can't open an excel file when the UNC path length gets close to 220 characters. The UNC points to a 2003 server. This happens if you try to open using windows explorer or using the OPEN command in excel. Only excel is giving us problems. Word and other programs work just fine. I can't find anything in the knowledge base. Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks John P.S. Please CC to j w a r r e n _ r e m o v e (a t ) p r u d e n t r x _ r e m o v e . c o m Take out the "_ r e m o v e" from the address. From Excel Help ...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email
I have a handed down assignment to collect weekly employee whereabouts of 300+ in a spreadsheet. Currently the spreadsheet is updated each week by sending out an e-mail asking for state, city, client, and contact # (example: PA, Glenside, Rohm Haas, 555-555-5555). When the info is received by me I must cut and paste the info from the e-mail into an excel spreadsheet per that employee's name. There has got to be a better way. I am not a programmer but I am application savvy. HELP This takes way to much time the way it is done currently. Hi mismarple See Dick's site http://www.d...

how to auto open file when starting excel?
is there a way for me to preset a file to automatically open when start excel? i always have a specific file opened at all times whe excel is running & am tired of having to keep opening it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can put the file where your PERSONAL.xls file is located. In Windows 2000 the full path is: (spanish) C:\Documents and Settings\Datos de programa\Microsoft\Excel\INICIAR Good luc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When it starts, Excel will try to open any (and all) document files in your XLStart folder. The default location in...

GHOST Item within RMS 1.3
Hi All, I am new to this newsgroup. Your insights will be appreciated. We currently have 3 registers and one server runing RMS 1.3. we also export the database to external machine which has a 3rd party application which is the middleware. The middleware acts as the interface to the webserver and uploads the data to the web server. When I pull the inventory from the RMS into Middleware application, i see items that are NOT even in the RMS. Within RMS, i have checked the inactive items as well and the item is just no where to be found. The item being shown is really a duplicate item with...

Import Multiple Excel Tables-Same Format
I have an excel spreadsheet with 12 tabs, each a different month of the year. Each tab is formatted identically. I am trying to import all/each of these 12 tables into a single access table. The first import works just fine, however, when I go to import the second tab of data, I get a pop up message stating: An error occurred trying to import file '<my file name/path is here.xls>'. The file was not imported. This tells me nothing as to why it was not imported. The souce excel file is closed and not being accessed. Any ideas what's going on here? I could append a...

Excel 05-13-10
I have an e-mail box above worksheet - need to make it disappear. Click File, Send to, and click e-mail to toggle it back off. Donna G wrote: > I have an e-mail box above worksheet - need to make it disappear. ...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch t
Is there a way to unload the loaded XLL file in Excel? Hi all, I am debugging XLL link library using Visual C++. Everytime I rebuild the XLL, I have to close the whole Excel program and relaunch the Excel program again, and then load in the newly generated XLL library again... This is tedious... I am looking for a way to unload XLL (already loaded) from within EXCEL program... Any thoughts? (I find just close the currently active worksheet doesn't get the XLL unloaded...) ...