Integrate Paycodes, benefit codes and deduction codes

Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction
amounts and benefit amounts for employees?

At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need
to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees,
which we get the information from a spreadsheet.  I thought that maybe I
could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes
instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming.

Thanks,

Laura
0
LauraS (21)

Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master
Destination. one thing though, these will not roll back to the HR tables if
you are using HR with Payroll. And if you do have HR installed you will need
to disable that module before you Integrate.

"LauraS" wrote:

> Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction
> amounts and benefit amounts for employees?
>
> At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need
> to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees,
> which we get the information from a spreadsheet.  I thought that maybe I
> could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes
> instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laura
0
klewis6238 (163)
6/20/2007 3:54:04 PM
Thanks for your response.  Have you done this before and have a template?  I
tried using the Payroll Master Destination.  I used the employee id as a
link, but when I tried to run the integration, I got an error that said the
employee id already existed.

Thanks,

Laura

"klewis" wrote:

> Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master
> Destination. one thing though, these will not roll back to the HR tables if
> you are using HR with Payroll. And if you do have HR installed you will need
> to disable that module before you Integrate.
>
> "LauraS" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction
> > amounts and benefit amounts for employees?
> >
> > At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need
> > to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees,
> > which we get the information from a spreadsheet.  I thought that maybe I
> > could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes
> > instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Laura
0
LauraS (21)
6/20/2007 4:04:00 PM
Make sure you change your Integration to Update not insert.

"LauraS" wrote:

> Thanks for your response.  Have you done this before and have a template?  I
> tried using the Payroll Master Destination.  I used the employee id as a
> link, but when I tried to run the integration, I got an error that said the
> employee id already existed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Laura
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master
> > Destination. one thing though, these will not roll back to the HR tables if
> > you are using HR with Payroll. And if you do have HR installed you will need
> > to disable that module before you Integrate.
> >
> > "LauraS" wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone used integration manager to update new pay rates, deduction
> > > amounts and benefit amounts for employees?
> > >
> > > At the beginning of each year, our company gives pay increases and we need
> > > to update the pay codes, deduction codes and benefit codes for 40 employees,
> > > which we get the information from a spreadsheet.  I thought that maybe I
> > > could use integration manager to update the pay, benefit and deduction codes
> > > instead of going into each employee's card, which is time consuming.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Laura
0
klewis6238 (163)
6/20/2007 4:36:01 PM
Where do you do that?  When I looked it was greyed out.

Thanks

"klewis" wrote:

> Make sure you change your Integration to Update not insert.
>
> "LauraS" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your response.  Have you done this before and have a template?  I
> > tried using the Payroll Master Destination.  I used the employee id as a
> > link, but when I tried to run the integration, I got an error that said the
> > employee id already existed.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Laura
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > Integration Manager will allow you to do this. Use the Payroll Master
> > > Destination. one thing though, these will not roll back to the HR tables if
> > > you are using HR with Payroll. And if you do have HR installed you will need
> > > to disable that module before you Integrate.

0
LauraS (21)
6/20/2007 4:41:06 PM
You have to set up source and a destination first. The destination dictates
whether you can Insert, Update or Both.

"LauraS" wrote:

> Where do you do that?  When I looked it was greyed out.
>
> Thanks
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > Make sure you change your Integration to Update not insert.
> >
> > "LauraS" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your response.  Have you done this before and have a template?  I
> > > tried using the Payroll Master Destination.  I used the employee id as a
> > > link, but when I tried to run the integration, I got an error that said the
> > > employee id already existed.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Laura

0
klewis6238 (163)
6/20/2007 4:44:02 PM
The employee id is not updateable.  Maybe I need to use a different query
relationship.

Thanks for your help

"klewis" wrote:

> You have to set up source and a destination first. The destination dictates
> whether you can Insert, Update or Both.
>
> "LauraS" wrote:
>
> > Where do you do that?  When I looked it was greyed out.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "klewis" wrote:
> >
> > > Make sure you change your Integration to Update not insert.

0
LauraS (21)
6/20/2007 4:53:01 PM
You want two sources: The first needs to be your employee id. The second
source needs to be all of you data. Link the two sources by employee id. In
the destination use the emplyee id from source 1 to for your employee id.

"LauraS" wrote:

> The employee id is not updateable.  Maybe I need to use a different query
> relationship.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> "klewis" wrote:
>
> > You have to set up source and a destination first. The destination dictates
> > whether you can Insert, Update or Both.
> >
> > "LauraS" wrote:
> >
> > > Where do you do that?  When I looked it was greyed out.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
klewis6238 (163)

Access 2007 VBA Programmers Reference Code
I have the book Access 2007 VBA Programmers Reference, and have downloaded the code from the website, trying to reuse the code, as the authors say to do in the book. I don't see the functions in chapter 15 that I am trying to use. Anybody know how to find them? one of them is the ReplaceWhereClause() Function. I find others, but not that. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 21:24:01 GMT, "RiceFarmer via AccessMonster.com" <u45973@uwe> wrote: Did you check with the publisher's website? Sometimes they have errata and ...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

error in code
m_TQuote.Open(); // addedd for database m_bInserting = FALSE; // addedd for datbase DoModal(); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1 ,m_MainEdit); //GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_ID,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo,m_TQuote.m_Bid,m_TQuote.m_MarketName,m_TQuote.m_Ask,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_DateTimeStamp,); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketNo); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Bid); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketName); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_Ask); GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1,m_TQuote.m_MarketState); HRESULT hr = 0; ...

Looking for Advice: Reusing Code
I'm getting a number of MFC classes that I'd like to be able to use in future applications. So far, when I've wanted to reuse some code, I've just included the source files with each project. But the number of classes is starting to grow and this is starting to get out of hand. (I have a number of reasons for not using DLLs for these particular classes so that option is one I'm trying to avoid.) I'm considering starting to put together a .LIB file that I can link with applications that use these classes. But I'm running into a couple of issues/questions that I'...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Quickest and easiest way to migrate old "Include" code to aspx
<!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="_private/standard_footer.htm" TAG="BODY" --> I have an older FrontPage site I am trying to quickly upgrade to ASP 3.5. The code above (called by most pages on the website) no longer works though -- it doesn't show anything. What's the quickest and easiest way to get it going (I've finished most all other things and don't really want to go down the Masterpage path if possible). On Mar 17, 11:44=A0pm, "Mark B" <none...@none.com> wrote: > <!--webbot bot=3D"Include&q...

Credit Card Approval Code
I am using IcVerify 3.1.6 to process credit card transactions and it is working fine. But, the approval code printed on the receipt shows bunch of numbers and letters (usually two lines long), instead of 6 digit approval code. When I test the transaction using IcVerify program (not RMS software with multi-user enviorment), the approval code shows only 6 digits. Is there any way to correct this problem? Please advise. Thank you. Eric, Turn on the short answer file. In your ICV multi-user screen, type in a /O (that's an O not a zero) on the initialization string line. -- * &quo...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Is there a way to have zip codes display correctly when opening E.
Is there something that can be set in options or elsewhere so that whenever you open a workbook with leading zeroes, as in a zip code, it will be displayed? It's annoying to always have to reformat the cels to get zip codes to display correctly. These would be coming from database downloads to Excel format, from Datatel to be specific. Use a custom number format of '00000'. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "uh...clem" <uh...clem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E46ADB5-C...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...

Integration DB Size
Our integration database is growing at a very rapid pace (about 200 MB per day) ... compared to the pace that our GP & CRM databases are growing. Is there some way to "shrink" the Integration DB? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presentationsdirect.com/paper-shredders/gbc-paper-shredders.asp...

Mas90 integration
I am trying to find out if RMS is compatible with Mas90 (MAS 90 is a 32-bit accounting, distribution and light manufacturing software) If the integration is possible where can i find the steps on how to set it up, or if there is a module for this where can I purchase it from? Thanks, HaikHR@gmail.com Try the Peachtree 3.0 export. It is very close. MAS had and import tool to import the file, as I remember it is and module they offer. Good luck. mt "Haik" <Haik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5028623-B547-4399-B1B3-1146BD3015B4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Bank Reconciliation Integration Problem #2
We are receiving "No Matching Transaction found for Transaction Number" warning message during a bank reconcilliation integration for the XFR type. Have checked that the transaction number is correct in CM20200, and we can clear the XFR types manually. Is this transaction type not allowed for some reason? Or is there some other reason why we get this warning? Scott Here is the response I got from MBS Developer Support: This has been logged as bug 26212: SUMMARY: When running a bank reconcilation integration if one of the transactions is a bank transfer with a type of XF...

Sharepoint Integrate with CRM
Hi all, Does Any one know virtual pc image that had integration sharepoint with crm for demo purpose available for download ? thanks to all in advance ...

Site integration--Reverse Proxy
Hi, I am working on a project to integrate another site into our site. What happened is like this: 1. I have a iframe with the src referenced to a special folder (SiteIntegration) in our site (original site). 2. I have a HTTPHandler which acting as reverse proxy to make request to the target site and I have the following config in web.config <add verb="*" path="SiteIntegration/*" type="ReverseProxy.ReverseProxy"/> 3. I created a request to the target url in the ReverseProxy-- ProcessRequest sub. (Adding right authentication), and I got r...

web integration
We are looking for a web integration for RMS that support multi level of price for example we have retail customers the has standard price and wholesale customer that has price level A, we want the wholesale customer can log in and check the price on a web catalog Thanks We resell a webstore add-on that alows for customer specific pricing as well as level specific pricing, also with the ability for wholesale customers to produce their own trade price lists. Email me if you need more information rod@rsgplc.com "Norman" wrote: > We are looking for a web integration for ...

WLM error code 0x800CCC90
Hi all, the error message I got is attached below in Spanish. The main problem is that the software is trying to connect to the port 995 when the account is configured as POP3 with no security (port 110, as shown). What could be happening? I have deleted the account several times and reconfigured it again, but it has no effect. I have configured another accounts with the same parameters and they don´t generate this error code. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ No se pueden enviar ni recibir mensajes de la ...