Installing GP on Windows 7

Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7
Professional workstation?

When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0

I have attempted to download the client from here as well
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en

For what ever reason it will not install properly.

Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

FYI

This Workstation is a Dell Vostro 2205
32 bit operating system
4.00GB  2.96 GB usable

"Kevin" wrote:

> Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7
> Professional workstation?
>
> When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the
> Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0
>
> I have attempted to download the client from here as well
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en
>
> For what ever reason it will not install properly.
>
> Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
Hi Kevin,
There's a similar tread on the microsoft.public.forecaster newsgroup... you
may want give a check. The link you provided below is quite old (April
2006). The latest SQL 2005 Feature pack is released currently at V9 on
December 2008 :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=536FD7D5-013F-49BC-9FC7-77DEDE4BB075&displaylang=en

Try to find the corresponding SQL Native client for your system.
HtH,
Beat

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
B. Bucher

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> FYI
>
> This Workstation is a Dell Vostro 2205
> 32 bit operating system
> 4.00GB  2.96 GB usable
>

> "Kevin" wrote:
>
>> Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7
>> Professional workstation?
>>
>> When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the
>> Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0
>>
>> I have attempted to download the client from here as well
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en
>>
>> For what ever reason it will not install properly.
>>
>> Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kevin

0
Beat
2/4/2010 6:37:59 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_8CEE8517

Hi Kevin

Worked for me.  But I did have some issues when attempting to install SQL after GP.

Install SQL Server first and then install Dynamics GP.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_8CEE8517

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Kevin
\par
\par Worked for me.  But I did have some issues when attempting to install SQL after GP.
\par
\par Install SQL Server first and then install Dynamics GP.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_8CEE8517--

0
dmusgrav
2/5/2010 1:21:51 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_9CCA95DC

Hi Kevin

Please let us know if you need anything else?

Thanks

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_9CCA95DC

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Kevin
\par
\par Please let us know if you need anything else?
\par
\par Thanks
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_9CCA95DC--

0
dmusgrav
2/8/2010 3:16:48 AM
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.greatplains and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

 David,
What kind of problem did you experienced with the GP client install on
Win7 ?
I myself have some problems, and I don't know where to start... My first
launch of the GP 10 client after the installation was fine and it worked
(could connect to server without a hitch). The 1-2 days later, it no
longer worked... When trying to start the client, it let me go until the
selection of the company, then I get a big red cross accross the URL
field on the top of the client window and then it exits the apps without
further notification (just crashes).
My Win 7 is running in 64-bit, but according to Microsoft, this is
supported. I've 4 GB of RAM and the system is quite decent (HP8530p).
I suspect some bad behavior of the SQL Studio Management, which I
installed afterwards (SQL 2008 R2 CTP 11-09) or Visual Studio 2008, or
even Office 2007....
Makes no sense to me, since when I check the box for compatibility mode
XP in the application's properties, it starts fine. I only experienced a
couple of time Windows 7 reporting a non-responsive apps when GP takes a
long run (i.e. posting or waiting on reports) and then the apps is
closed by Windows 7 and restarted.
Please provide me some details about your SQL problems...
Thanks in advance and have a great Day,
Beat

In article <FA0kpGgpKHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>,
dmusgrav@messengeruser.com says...

> Hi Kevin
>
> Worked for me.  But I did have some issues when attempting to install SQL after GP.
>
> Install SQL Server first and then install Dynamics GP.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
B. Bucher
Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
www.fti-ibis.com
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
0
Beat
2/19/2010 5:44:04 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_E5998FAE

My issue was that I installed the GP client first which added the ODBC client.

When installing SQL it complained that the ODBC client was the wrong version.

By removing the client and installing SQL first, then installing the client, everything worked.

For GP 9.0 Service Packs I also had to make sure .NET framework 1.1 SP1 was installed.

See http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/09/02/windows-7-and-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx for more info.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_E5998FAE

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 My issue was that I installed the GP client first which added the ODBC client.
\par
\par When installing SQL it complained that the ODBC client was the wrong version.
\par
\par By removing the client and installing SQL first, then installing the client, everything worked.
\par
\par For GP 9.0 Service Packs I also had to make sure .NET framework 1.1 SP1 was installed.
\par
\par See http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/09/02/windows-7-and-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx for more info.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_E5998FAE--

0
dmusgrav

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Business Portal Web Services
I am trying to setup the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility. I am adding a new application for the Web Services - Dynamics GP. How do I determine my Application Key ID? thanks gptech, thanks for using the newsgroups. In this case, the "Application Key" can be found in the web.config file in the installation directory for the GPWebServices. (Typically Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics GP\GPWebServices\WebServices.) Look for the "SecurityApplicationKey" setting. Unless something has been customized, the ID is likely this GUID: 25cc1a21-2cc4-4b13-a1...

RE-Installing

Downloading email into Outlook on Windows XP into each person's profile
How do you configure Outlook 2002 so that when you download email, it is accessible to all users, regardless of their pprofile settings (Win XP)? If I download the email while in my profile, my wife cannot see the email I downloaded when in her profile. Why? Because at the moment you are using separate .PST files to store your data. You'll need to set up a shared .PST file for e-mail and put it where each of you can access it from your Windows profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm for examples. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail a...

Hyperlink to Open in a New Window
I'm really hoping someone can help me. I've created a web page with hyperlinks. The hyperlinks work, but I need them to open in a new window. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this, but I'm sure there is a way. Thank you so much in advance. Damon -- mojave250 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mojave250's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=8287 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1826078 http://www.officehelp.in Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/H...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

How to find the hwnd of the window behind a given window in Z-orde
I'm not seeing any methods for that in the API. From the FindWindowEx documentation :- hwndChildAfter [in] Handle to a child window. The search begins with the next child window in the Z order. The child window must be a direct child window of hwndParent, not just a descendant window. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ultranet" <ultranet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB8493F2-2BBC-4DCE-B0CD-FB95FE44F0E4@microsoft.com... > > > I'm not seeing any methods for that in the API. CWnd::GetNextWindow is what you need to use. AliR. "...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Customizable metrics on home page for GP 9.0
I like the concept of having Metrics available on the home page. However, I would like to have the ability to create metrics that are meaningful to my company instead of only selecting from a short list of canned reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

GP VS Tools
Hi all, I have the sample application 'Estimated Frieght' which ships with vs tools for GP. But upon attaching and running from GP it shows outside gp window. Actually i need it inside GP window.. so is there any way to reference parent window or something ... please let me know.. regards Hi, There is a way to do that through API but I'm not sure if it's "supported" I do that in following way: Declare functions in some module: Public Declare Function SetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As IntPtr, ByVal hWndNewParent As IntPtr) As IntPtr Pub...

windows media player 10
When ever I attempt to burn a CD the first file says Inspecting and nothing happens. or I clck Start Burn and nothing happens....

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

budget ID setup window
I'm attempting to create a dedicated PO for a Back Ordered item. (We're basically rearranging our entire process for order entry/ processing/ invoicing because our inventory couldn't be more incorrect and continues to get worse). The PO is created and saved. When I go into Purchase Order Entry Window and attempt to view/ re-save the document, it gives me the message. "There is no budget ID setup for this fiscal period. Please assign a budget ID using the PO Enhancements Setup Window." We don't need to budget for this item and we haven't set up any budgeting fo...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...