Installing GP 10 client on Terminal Server fails.

Hello Everybody.

We are in the process of migrating to GP10 (from GP8).

We have a new server with SQL 2005 & GP10 installed, and a working client /
client installation

When we try to install to our terminal server, we get an error and the
installation fails.
The error says "You do not have permission to open this file."
The Installation Progress windows says "File: Dex.ini, Section: General,
Key: SQLLastDataSource, Value: Dynamics GP

Our Terminal Server and our GP10 server are on different domains.

We have GP8 installed on this same Terminal Server and have no issues
(pointing to GP8 in the same domain as GP10).

It seems the ODBC connection is successfully created before the install fails.

We believe all permissions have been granted.

Can anyone provide some hints as to where the failure occurs?

Thank you,
Maria.

0
Maria1 (236)

Maria,

following events:

1. When you try to exclusively access a dictionary that already use by
another process.
2. When creating the application on a folder that does not have the
dependable access permissions.
3. When reading from inaccessible path.
4. One of the setup files is already in-use by another process.

Hope one meets your situation.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Maria" wrote:

> Hello Everybody.
>
> We are in the process of migrating to GP10 (from GP8).
>
> We have a new server with SQL 2005 & GP10 installed, and a working client /
> client installation
>
> When we try to install to our terminal server, we get an error and the
> installation fails.
> The error says "You do not have permission to open this file."
> The Installation Progress windows says "File: Dex.ini, Section: General,
> Key: SQLLastDataSource, Value: Dynamics GP
>
> Our Terminal Server and our GP10 server are on different domains.
>
> We have GP8 installed on this same Terminal Server and have no issues
> (pointing to GP8 in the same domain as GP10).
>
> It seems the ODBC connection is successfully created before the install fails.
>
> We believe all permissions have been granted.
>
> Can anyone provide some hints as to where the failure occurs?
>
> Thank you,
> Maria.

Hi,

I had this problem recently when I was using the client install package on a
workstation.  Our problem was the workstation was not logged in to the
domain.  The client install was running locally and just buzzed along until
it hit the 'dex.ini' modification section.

Leslie
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Maria,

> following events:
>
> 1. When you try to exclusively access a dictionary that already use by
> another process.
> 2. When creating the application on a folder that does not have the
> dependable access permissions.
> 3. When reading from inaccessible path.
> 4. One of the setup files is already in-use by another process.
>
> Hope one meets your situation.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Maria" wrote:
>

> > Hello Everybody.
> >
> > We are in the process of migrating to GP10 (from GP8).
> >
> > We have a new server with SQL 2005 & GP10 installed, and a working client /
> > client installation
> >
> > When we try to install to our terminal server, we get an error and the
> > installation fails.
> > The error says "You do not have permission to open this file."
> > The Installation Progress windows says "File: Dex.ini, Section: General,
> > Key: SQLLastDataSource, Value: Dynamics GP
> >
> > Our Terminal Server and our GP10 server are on different domains.
> >
> > We have GP8 installed on this same Terminal Server and have no issues
> > (pointing to GP8 in the same domain as GP10).
> >
> > It seems the ODBC connection is successfully created before the install fails.
> >
> > We believe all permissions have been granted.
> >
> > Can anyone provide some hints as to where the failure occurs?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Maria.

Leslie,

We are having a similar problem as you described. It is being installed on a
workstation and is erring out on the dex.ini file.

We do not have a domain. The GP server is part of the workgroup. The server
is shared and mapped.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue.

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had this problem recently when I was using the client install package on a
> workstation.  Our problem was the workstation was not logged in to the
> domain.  The client install was running locally and just buzzed along until
> it hit the 'dex.ini' modification section.
>
> Leslie
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
> > Maria,

> > following events:
> >
> > 1. When you try to exclusively access a dictionary that already use by
> > another process.
> > 2. When creating the application on a folder that does not have the
> > dependable access permissions.
> > 3. When reading from inaccessible path.
> > 4. One of the setup files is already in-use by another process.
> >
> > Hope one meets your situation.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
> >

> > "Maria" wrote:
> >

> > > Hello Everybody.
> > >
> > > We are in the process of migrating to GP10 (from GP8).
> > >
> > > We have a new server with SQL 2005 & GP10 installed, and a working client /
> > > client installation
> > >
> > > When we try to install to our terminal server, we get an error and the
> > > installation fails.
> > > The error says "You do not have permission to open this file."
> > > The Installation Progress windows says "File: Dex.ini, Section: General,
> > > Key: SQLLastDataSource, Value: Dynamics GP
> > >
> > > Our Terminal Server and our GP10 server are on different domains.
> > >
> > > We have GP8 installed on this same Terminal Server and have no issues
> > > (pointing to GP8 in the same domain as GP10).
> > >
> > > It seems the ODBC connection is successfully created before the install fails.
> > >
> > > We believe all permissions have been granted.
> > >
> > > Can anyone provide some hints as to where the failure occurs?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Maria.

0
nfp (120)
1/26/2009 10:47:01 PM
Hi,

I don't have any clients using workgroups, but I've had the problem other
places now and every time it's been a connection issue of some kind.  Does
the user logged into the workstation have 'write' permissions to the folder
where the dex.ini is being installed.  One time (now this is silly) the
workstation's network cable wasn't plugged in. Are you using the 'add remove'
programs section of Control Panel to install the client software?

Kindly,

Leslie
--

"nfp" wrote:

> Leslie,
>
> We are having a similar problem as you described. It is being installed on a
> workstation and is erring out on the dex.ini file.
>
> We do not have a domain. The GP server is part of the workgroup. The server
> is shared and mapped.
>
> Any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue.
>
> "Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had this problem recently when I was using the client install package on a
> > workstation.  Our problem was the workstation was not logged in to the
> > domain.  The client install was running locally and just buzzed along until
> > it hit the 'dex.ini' modification section.
> >
> > Leslie
> > --
> > Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> > MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> >   cell: 972-814-8550
> >   fax: 972-692-7472
> >

> > "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
> >
> > > Maria,

> > > following events:
> > >
> > > 1. When you try to exclusively access a dictionary that already use by
> > > another process.
> > > 2. When creating the application on a folder that does not have the
> > > dependable access permissions.
> > > 3. When reading from inaccessible path.
> > > 4. One of the setup files is already in-use by another process.
> > >
> > > Hope one meets your situation.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --
> > > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

I am having the same problem trying to install GP on a Win7 client....did anyone resolve this?

Mari wrote:

Installing GP 10 client on Terminal Server fails.
11-Nov-08

[...]

On Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:13 PM
Mari wrote:

[...]

On Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:14 PM
daoud wrote:

Maria,"You do not have permission to open this file.
Maria,

following events:

1. When you try to exclusively access a dictionary that already use by
another process.
2. When creating the application on a folder that does not have the
dependable access permissions.
3. When reading from inaccessible path.
4. One of the setup files is already in-use by another process.

Hope one meets your situation.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
Great Package For Business Solutions
daoudm@greatpbs.com
http://www.greatpbs.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

"Maria" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:27 AM
LeslieVailMV wrote:

Hi,I had this problem recently when I was using the client install package on
Hi,

I had this problem recently when I was using the client install package on a
workstation.  Our problem was the workstation was not logged in to the
domain.  The client install was running locally and just buzzed along until
it hit the 'dex.ini' modification section.

Leslie
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
  cell: 972-814-8550
  fax: 972-692-7472

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

On Monday, January 26, 2009 5:47 PM
nf wrote:

Leslie,We are having a similar problem as you described.
Leslie,

We are having a similar problem as you described. It is being installed on a
workstation and is erring out on the dex.ini file.

We do not have a domain. The GP server is part of the workgroup. The server
is shared and mapped.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue.

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:21 PM
LeslieVailMV wrote:

[...]

"nfp" wrote:

New Version of Microsoft AntiSpyware available
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/17aa8493-341d-48ef-8446-d3276d93e72d/new-version-of-microsoft.aspx
0
Rick
12/4/2009 9:31:03 PM
Mari,

This error displayed when a dictionary exclusive access is required and
could not be accessed, normally it happen when you are trying to perform an
operation on the GP dictionaries while GP is open, make sure that the GP is
not open on another terminal sessions and try again.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Rick" wrote:

> [...]
>
> I don't have any clients using workgroups, but I've had the problem other
> places now and every time it's been a connection issue of some kind.  Does
> the user logged into the workstation have 'write' permissions to the folder
> where the dex.ini is being installed.  One time (now this is silly) the
> workstation's network cable wasn't plugged in. Are you using the 'add remove'
> programs section of Control Panel to install the client software?
>
> Kindly,
>
> Leslie
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "nfp" wrote:

> New Version of Microsoft AntiSpyware available

Macrium Reflect Backup for Servers
Any comments on Macrium Relfect for doing image backups of my SBS 2003, 2003 Server and 2008 Servers. I need to reimage a couple of machines. The price is terribly right. Looking from comments on how it works for you. Especially from a restore standpoint. I'd be worried if that would properly backup Exchange and SQL on servers Since it's focus is PC's :( Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certified Small Business Specialist 24hr SBS Remote Support - http://www.SBITS.Biz Second IT Opinion http://www.personalitco...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Business Portal Web Services
I am trying to setup the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility. I am adding a new application for the Web Services - Dynamics GP. How do I determine my Application Key ID? thanks gptech, thanks for using the newsgroups. In this case, the "Application Key" can be found in the web.config file in the installation directory for the GPWebServices. (Typically Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics GP\GPWebServices\WebServices.) Look for the "SecurityApplicationKey" setting. Unless something has been customized, the ID is likely this GUID: 25cc1a21-2cc4-4b13-a1...

RE-Installing

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Value Pak Installer

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Installation #4

Headquarters client error " Local and HQ databases are not synchro
Message Headquarters client error “Local and HQ databases are not synchronized – Some worksheets will not be processed Please kindly recommend I have an existing database in SO, HQ will not overwrite data. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CAF8F0.F7F330B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Phusit, Has this ever worked? Have you run a 101 worksheet? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3...

Installer for my access application

Outlook Client 10-26-07
Hi, Here is my config : - SBS 2003 SP1 + CRM 3.0 Rollup 2 - Client: Windows XP SP2 + Outlook 2003 SP3 + CRM Client + Rollup 2 - User is logged into the Domain and is local admin of his computer, indexation service is running under his user profil. On two laptops I encounter the same trouble : display is correct (account, contacts, activities, ...) but I can not have access with the double-clic. Moreover, on these two laptops, the click on an HTML link into a message is not working. You have toi copy/paste the link into IE to have access. It seems that a config of Outlook is missing but ...

How to create a Web Server?
HI, I have been developing MFC applications using VC for many years. Now I need to create a web server that will provide an interface between users and network connected video cameras. Note: the server will be required for camera control only, because the video will be handled separately. From a web browser the users have the following capabilities: 1. login with a user name and password 2. Select a camera from a list of all cameras in the system 3. Control the cameras (pan, tilt, zoom, etc) 4. Configure the system by adding and deleting cameras 5. Add, delete and edit user n...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Customizable metrics on home page for GP 9.0
I like the concept of having Metrics available on the home page. However, I would like to have the ability to create metrics that are meaningful to my company instead of only selecting from a short list of canned reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Installing XP over Linux

Query Question 10-22-07
I have a question about this fuction Table Planner W-Date Qty User6 BAM-06 10/22 1 CONC BAM-06 10/22 2 CONC JAXM-06 10/22 2 CONC JAXM-06 10/22 1 CONC BAM-06 10/23 1 CONC BAM-06 10/23 1 CONC JAXM-06 10/23 2 CONC JAXM-06 10/23 2 CONC BAM-06 10/22 1 TOC BAM-06 10/22 2 TOC JAXM-06 10/22 2 TOC JAXM-06 10/22 1 TOC BAM-06 10/23 1 TOC BAM-06 10/23 1 TOC JAXM-...

POP3 Clients with Exchange Mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2k3 environment. Now I have to add new users with mailboxes. These users cannot use standard connectivity. They will need to use pop3 accounts on my exchange server. Furthermore these users have user accounts in a child domain of the domain where the exchange sits. These users NEED to have mailboxes in exchange for logging purposes. The exchange server needs to pickup mail for these users externally and deliver it to the users mailbox. When sending it should do the same? Any pointers on how to setup this? Kind regards david In news:OzZqocf7GHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP05....

how to configure exchange server????
Hello I'm running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Enterprise server. I am looking at installation and configuration exchange server for 150 users in our organization. I am looking at installation, configuration and setup all user mailbox in the same server. Below is server hardware configuration: Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz (2 Processors) 6 GB ECC SDRAM 2 x 73.4 GB � Operating Systems 2 x 73.4 GB � Transaction Logs 6 x 73 .4 GB - (4 data, 1 parity and 1 hot swap) Domain Registration done by ISP. I have been researching some documentation on installation and configuration exchange server an...

CRM SBS install error

GP VS Tools
Hi all, I have the sample application 'Estimated Frieght' which ships with vs tools for GP. But upon attaching and running from GP it shows outside gp window. Actually i need it inside GP window.. so is there any way to reference parent window or something ... please let me know.. regards Hi, There is a way to do that through API but I'm not sure if it's "supported" I do that in following way: Declare functions in some module: Public Declare Function SetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As IntPtr, ByVal hWndNewParent As IntPtr) As IntPtr Pub...

windows media player 10
When ever I attempt to burn a CD the first file says Inspecting and nothing happens. or I clck Start Burn and nothing happens....