Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3

I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module.

I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the
V10 DVD that is not sp3)

Are these my steps?
1.  Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told
previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks
for the DVD)

2.  Do I need to reload SP3 on server install?

3.  Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations?

If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to
complete like original instal of SP3

If anyone has any suggetions let me know.

thanks
--
Doug
0

There seems to be a debate about this.

The SP3 directions indicate SP3 should be installed after loading new
components.

Here's the key: You want to make sure your HR components are up to date. For
HR, here are the versions you should have:

U.S. Human Resources No service pack: 10.00.0774
Service pack 1: No change
Service pack 2: 10.00.1071
Service pack 3: 10.00.1216

Go to Help >> About Microsoft Dynamics GP to check the version

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Doug" wrote:

> I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module.
>
> I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the
> V10 DVD that is not sp3)
>
> Are these my steps?
> 1.  Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told
> previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks
> for the DVD)
>
> 2.  Do I need to reload SP3 on server install?
>
> 3.  Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations?
>
> If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to
> complete like original instal of SP3
>
> If anyone has any suggetions let me know.
>
> thanks
> --
> Doug
0
callen (2505)

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Business Portal Web Services
I am trying to setup the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility. I am adding a new application for the Web Services - Dynamics GP. How do I determine my Application Key ID? thanks gptech, thanks for using the newsgroups. In this case, the "Application Key" can be found in the web.config file in the installation directory for the GPWebServices. (Typically Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics GP\GPWebServices\WebServices.) Look for the "SecurityApplicationKey" setting. Unless something has been customized, the ID is likely this GUID: 25cc1a21-2cc4-4b13-a1...

RE-Installing

CreateSalesOrder Web Service returning exception
When attempting to create a new Sales Order via the CreateSalesOrder web service in GP 9, I receive the following error: -------------- Begin Error ------------------------ A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The U of M for the item is not specified in the item price list as the default selling U of M. - U of M does not exist for the Unit of Measure Schedule being used. - PriceListKey is blank. It must be passed in or a default must exist for the transaction. -------------- End Error ------------------------ If I specify a Unit of Measure for each SalesOrderLine,...

Value Pak Installer

Installation #4

Vista Ultimate, Invalid Disk Pack
Hi! A weird problem. I used to have 3 USB disks (dynamic GPT) running fine under Vista Ultimate. Then I made a fresh Windows 7 Home Premium install. Noticing that it didn't recognise my disks (and other problems as well), I decided to go back to Vista Ultimate (using Windows.old). But now the original Vista Ultimate installation didn't recognise them either! They have status Invalid in Disk Management Console. DISKPART sees the disks, and also the partitions, but it doesn't appear to find any volumes. Any command I try to do returns the error message that it is no...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Apply Class Attribute to OVC
I'm building a custom Outlook Today page using the OVC. When I add a class attribute, the css is not recognized. Is this normal of the OVC? Did the changes to Outlook 2007 include eliminating the use of external stylesheets? ...

Web Services and JScript in CRM Custom Entity
Hi. I'm trying to call a custom made web service from a custom entity form. All i get is nothing. Altough my code is ok (i guess), i have some questions if someone can help me out. Situation is this: On a custom entity form, i have two text boxe. In the first one, input a numeric code, with a POST request this code is send to a web service. Then, the web service take this code and in their code transforms the code into words. If i input 120, the web service returns "one hundred twenty". Question: i really need to reference crm web services (CrmService and MetadataServic...

CRM SBS install error

Can this be done? #3
Is it possible to move column B fields to the row with matching content in A From this: A B bananas yellow oranges candy pigs bananas cows blue candy blue red yellow To this: A B bananas bananas oranges pigs cows candy candy blue blue red yellow yellow Regards Mike I'd insert a new column B (shifting column B to column C), then use a formula like this in B1: =if(isnumber(match(a1,c:c,0)),a1,na()) and drag down as far as you want. Then Select column B edit|c...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

client installation
i have installed crm 3 server and it working fine. when i try to install the client i get this message :Action microsoft.crm.setup.client.installabpaction failed exception from hresult:08004010f can you help please gil Gil; What version of windows/outlook is installed? Which version of the outlook client are you installing (laptop or desktop)? Are you installing from the CD, or across a network share? At what point does it fail? Dave "Gil Gilon" <Gil Gilon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D48A61-81B4-4B1C-BF43-9A45A01C5BB7@microsoft.com... &g...

Rules don't apply.
I have two pop accounts and when i create a rule to sort by sender, if I check "for this machine only" the rule will not run. I have to either uncheck that box or I have to make the rule twice. Then, it'll apply the rule to the email. ...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSTALL SPELL CHECK?
Go to www.c360.com. You can download a small spellcheck "add-on" that works with iespell. It's free and it works well. Regards, John ...

Excel won't start after install
After installing office XP excell goes through the motions but never actually starts...help Jon, Try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010701c3aad2$20f75500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After installing office XP excell goes through the > motions but never actually starts...help ...

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...