Install Analytical Accounting module for GP 9.0

Hi,

   Like a previous post, our company has recently purchased a new module AA.
I have the new license keys. I am using GP 9.0

   To activate analytical accounting:
 Is it true, all I have to do is register the new key?

Our system is already in use,  We have econnect, int manager, PO, and other
modules already installed.  Should I expect downtime for the users?

thanks in advance,
--
Clark M
Software Manager GHI

In general, when entering new registration keys, it's always best to have
all users out of GP.

For AA specifically, unless you installed it already when you were initially
installing GP 9.0, you will need to install it on the server and the
workstations.  My recommendation is to have all users out of GP when you are
installing it on the server.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>   Like a previous post, our company has recently purchased a new module
> AA.
> I have the new license keys. I am using GP 9.0
>
>   To activate analytical accounting:
> Is it true, all I have to do is register the new key?
>
> Our system is already in use,  We have econnect, int manager, PO, and
> other
> modules already installed.  Should I expect downtime for the users?
>
> thanks in advance,
> --
> Clark M
> Software Manager GHI

0
victoria (3340)
1/5/2007 9:59:37 AM
Hi,

 I updated the license key, But I don't see in the menu:
Tools-> setup -->Company --> Analytical accounting.
Does this mean, AA wasn't installed like I thought it was?

I saw the module name AA in tthe Help-->about-Dynamics--> Options view
wasn't registered,  I assumed that meant it was installed.
After applying the license key, its marked as registered.

But no menu option in Tools->setup -> company--> AA..
What to do next?

Clark
--
Clark M
Software Manager Genomic Health

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> In general, when entering new registration keys, it's always best to have
> all users out of GP.
>
> For AA specifically, unless you installed it already when you were initially
> installing GP 9.0, you will need to install it on the server and the
> workstations.  My recommendation is to have all users out of GP when you are
> installing it on the server.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Like a previous post, our company has recently purchased a new module
> > AA.
> > I have the new license keys. I am using GP 9.0
> >
> >   To activate analytical accounting:
> > Is it true, all I have to do is register the new key?
> >
> > Our system is already in use,  We have econnect, int manager, PO, and
> > other
> > modules already installed.  Should I expect downtime for the users?
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> > --
> > Clark M
> > Software Manager GHI

0
cmgenomic (8)
1/6/2007 4:33:01 AM
Clark,

The checkmark under Registered just means it's registered, not that it's
installed.  You can check to see if it's installed by looking through the
Product list on the same screen.

If you have not installed AA yet, you will need to install it.  For help on
this, you can follow the steps in the GP installation manual for installing
additional components.

--

> Hi,
>
> I updated the license key, But I don't see in the menu:
> Tools-> setup -->Company --> Analytical accounting.
> Does this mean, AA wasn't installed like I thought it was?
>
> I saw the module name AA in tthe Help-->about-Dynamics--> Options view
> wasn't registered,  I assumed that meant it was installed.
> After applying the license key, its marked as registered.
>
> But no menu option in Tools->setup -> company--> AA..
> What to do next?
>
> Clark
> --
> Clark M
> Software Manager Genomic Health
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> In general, when entering new registration keys, it's always best to have
>> all users out of GP.
>>
>> For AA specifically, unless you installed it already when you were
>> initially
>> installing GP 9.0, you will need to install it on the server and the
>> workstations.  My recommendation is to have all users out of GP when you
>> are
>> installing it on the server.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "cmgenomic" <cmgenomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> >   Like a previous post, our company has recently purchased a new module
>> > AA.
>> > I have the new license keys. I am using GP 9.0
>> >
>> >   To activate analytical accounting:
>> > Is it true, all I have to do is register the new key?
>> >
>> > Our system is already in use,  We have econnect, int manager, PO, and
>> > other
>> > modules already installed.  Should I expect downtime for the users?
>> >
>> > thanks in advance,
>> > --
>> > Clark M
>> > Software Manager GHI

0
victoria (3340)

Business Portal Web Services
I am trying to setup the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility. I am adding a new application for the Web Services - Dynamics GP. How do I determine my Application Key ID? thanks gptech, thanks for using the newsgroups. In this case, the "Application Key" can be found in the web.config file in the installation directory for the GPWebServices. (Typically Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics GP\GPWebServices\WebServices.) Look for the "SecurityApplicationKey" setting. Unless something has been customized, the ID is likely this GUID: 25cc1a21-2cc4-4b13-a1...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Transaction Report for All accounts and All Dates crashes
When I try to run a transaction report for ALL accounts and ALL dates, the report crashes and reverts back o the default customization. Was there a question here or is this a bug report? If you are looking for a solution, I think you will find that the binary search method defined in http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 will lead you to a problem with a specific transaction. msmoney -s or salv MAY fix it. Other tricks like moving all transactions except a problem one to another account and then deleting the problem account may be where you get to. "Alan Guggenheim" <anonym...

RE-Installing

Business Account
I just started using Money HB 2008 and I have an investment account which is for my small business. When I try to specify which accounts are a business account this account is not in the list of available choices. Can anyone help me make this account show as a business account? Thanks -- Neil Click the Business Tab and then the Products and Services sub tab, on the left pane under "other tasks" choose "Organize business accounts and categories" click the "Add Button" then "Account dropdown" you will then be faced with a screen to select...

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Value Pak Installer

When creating an account it does not appear
Hello I have an Vista home premium version sp2 . I just restored everything back to factory setting and just now done all the updates . I am tryiny to set up email accounts under Window Mail . My problem is after I have entfhe accountor ter all the data to be active I don't get a email folder for this account , nothing show up but yet all the server / data info is correct it just doesn't appear in Windows Mail program , how can I correct this ? Thanks "gladd8tor" <gladd8tor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB49C30A-FDCD-4587-A7BD-7...

Analytical Accounting Distribution Lines
We have a partnerin Australia who would like to suggestion a functionality which allows you to copy the distribution lines of one analysis transaction to the next line. For example, copy distribution Line 1analysis to Line 2 analysis. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Same symbol in two broker accounts
I Own the same Mutual fund in two Broker accounts. When I try to add the the fund to the second broker account it states that the symbol is already in use. What can I do to handle this second account? Cliff In microsoft.public.money, Cliff Lane wrote: >I Own the same Mutual fund in two Broker accounts. When I try to add the >the fund to the second broker account it states that the symbol is already >in use. > >What can I do to handle this second account? You got a message that a symbol is already in use? Create a security only once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-d...

Demonstration version of Great Plains 8.0???
My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was curious if anyone knows where I could find a trial version of the software to help us make up our minds. If you talk to a local business partner, they can set up GP with a sample company. There aer two versions: standard and professional. The professional runs on SQL Server. Therefore, if you wanted to get a trial of it, you would need to supply a machine with SQL Server. Tim wrote: > My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was > curious if anyone knows where I could find a tri...

Installation #4

I need help with way to return 0 or N/A to a formula
that refers to a sheet that has been deleted. I have a set of spread sheets that I use to do quotes. Each sheet refers back to one page to give you an over view of the totals from each sheet. When I don't use a sheet on a particular job I just delete that sheet/s but I get all those REF# that make the sheet hard to read. I can't add sheets because the quotes have links to a master price list in the same workbook! Marc Since you've broken the formulas, maybe you can just clear those cells. Select all the cells (ctrl-a (twice in xl2003)) edit|goto|special Check Formulas Unc...

Installer for my access application

Customizable metrics on home page for GP 9.0
I like the concept of having Metrics available on the home page. However, I would like to have the ability to create metrics that are meaningful to my company instead of only selecting from a short list of canned reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Issue installing KB916803
Hi, I currently have a problem trying to install the above hotfix. I am trying to test this hotfix with Exchange 2003 server running SP2. I have downloaded the SP2 version of the hotfix from MS, but when I try to run it on my Exchange BE server, I get an error back telling me that the version of Exchange I have is too old, and that I need to install SP2 (even though that is what is installed)! I have tried reinstalling SP2, which didnt fix the problem. I then tried installing on a FE server, which had the same issue. I have now tried this in four different E2k3 SP2 servers, and all ...

GP VS Tools
Hi all, I have the sample application 'Estimated Frieght' which ships with vs tools for GP. But upon attaching and running from GP it shows outside gp window. Actually i need it inside GP window.. so is there any way to reference parent window or something ... please let me know.. regards Hi, There is a way to do that through API but I'm not sure if it's "supported" I do that in following way: Declare functions in some module: Public Declare Function SetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As IntPtr, ByVal hWndNewParent As IntPtr) As IntPtr Pub...