Initial Values on Item Resource Planning Window

How does leaving the buyer ID blank and order policy not planned on the
initial values affect MRP?  We do set the actual buyer ID and order policy
(Lot for Lot) on each site.
0
Sarah2407 (145)

It depends on whether a default site is set for the items.  If the Item Site
card has a default site, IRP data from that site is used.  Otherwise, the
initial values data is used.

BTW, if you are comming to Convergence in Orlando, visit us in booth 836.
And go to our web site to sign up for one great party aboard a cruise ship.
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

"Sarah" wrote:

> How does leaving the buyer ID blank and order policy not planned on the
> initial values affect MRP?  We do set the actual buyer ID and order policy
> (Lot for Lot) on each site.
0
info4071 (3004)

How to count with values from multiple columns?
I want to take the total number of "N" values from M2:M72,N2:N72 * the total number of occurrences if value =110 (or 120,125 etc)in O2:O72,P2:P72 I also need the count to adjust as the "n" is changed. I've tried SUMPRODUCT, COUNTIF, IF and various combination's but I still can't get what I'm after. Any help would be much appreciated. Patrick Confusing question. Please rewrite clearly -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "PF" <PF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5614...

No scroll bars show up on custom navigation pane window
I edited the ISV.congif file to display an extra option on the navigation bar which displays a web page. When I run the page alone it contains scroll bars since it all doesnt fit in the small window but when CRM opens the entity it just displays the web page with no scroll bars. In Mike Snyder's book, when he does it, I see scroll bars. Anything I am missing here? Any ideas? Thanks Hi Ron, Whether the scrollbars are displayed or not depends on the winparams used to open the custom page. WinParams="height=500,width=600,toolbar=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes" ...

how prevent formula in cell from deleting when deleting value????
example: =sum(a1-b1-c1) answer and formula in cell d1 if i delete the answer to this formula in cell d1 it also deletes the formula. i want the formula to stay in the cell d1 how can formula be locked or protected in cell d1 and still make and delete value entries in cell d1 ????? Your message isn't very clear. If you want the formula to remain in D1, then it will continue to calculate. If you mean that you want to override the formula, but have it return if you delete the value used to override it, that will require an event macro. One way: Put this in your worksheet code module (...

Adding a Toolbar window into a MDI frame window
Hi, I'm actually writing a CLIENT/SERVER TCP/IPv6 application, under Microsoft Visual Studio C++. In which the SERVER is a file server application and the CLIENT is a "Multiple Document Interface (MDI)" and "RichEdit Text" application that can open multiple files from the server. I would like to add a Toolbar window into my MDI frame window, to do this, I've created the Toolbar window with the "CreateToolBarEx" function. But the created Toolbar window is located in the client area of the MDI frame window and each time a new MDI child window is created t...

Incorrect x values in Excel 97
I am attempting to chart some series data using excel 97 (SR2). I have exported data (date, values) from an oracle database. I have plotted the data as a line type chart. When I attempt to plot several pieces of point data, the chart places the data in 1991 instead of 2003. The x axis is the date and the y axis is the data. The excell field type for the x data is custom. Anyone know why excel wants to ignore the date on the point data? On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:49:49 -0800, steve = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am attempting to chart some series data using...

Pivot Table
How to avoid Zero Sum of Values appearing in a pivot table? The field items does have data but the amounts cancel each because they are equal and opposite. The following code will hide row items with a zero total (Excel 2002): '=============================== Sub HideZeroItemTotals() 'hide rows that contain zero totals 'by Debra Dalgleish Dim r As Integer Dim i As Integer Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim df As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Dim pd As Range Dim str As String Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1) Set df = pt.PivotFields("Units") ...

using value of another cell as row reference number
Hi! How can I use the value from another cell as current row refernce number, e,g., A(B2)? Thanks in advance. charles wrote: > Hi! How can I use the value from another cell as current row refernce > number, e,g., A(B2)? Thanks in advance. =INDIRECT("A"&B2) Dave dvt at psu dot edu Dave, Thanks a lot. It works great! "dvt" <dvt@nospam.psu.edu> wrote in message news:<ezR$3KqgDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > charles wrote: > > Hi! How can I use the value from another cell as current row refernce > > number, e,g., A(B2)? Thanks in a...

windows mail cannot send email
i can't send email, but i can receive it Subject 'Re: Stony Brook ID#', Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 SIZE 104857600', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. Your server does not support that option. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "lizzie" <lizzie@di...

Cannot open this item. You don't have permission to create an entry.....
Hi all, I just upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2007 and I'm having a problem with Calendar. In 2003 I just used the default calendar but since I installed 2007 I decided to make a second calendar for birthdays. The first time I went back into the "birthday"calendar to enter all of the pertinent birthdays I get this message; "Cannot open this item. You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permission for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissio...

Dropped Initial Word
I have Office 2007 Word running on XP Service Pack 2. I know how to make a drop cap for the starting paragraph in a paper. Is there any way to make the entire first word drop 2 or 3 lines depending on what I need? As an example if I were to type the sentence "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." I would want to drop the word Now not just the N. Select the whole word and then apply drop cap formatting. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Deej Hernandez" <DeejHernandez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Save values and formatting but not links
I would like to save a file with multiple sheets while retaining th current values and format, but not the links so I can minimize fil storage space and load time. I wrote an add in that creates a new sheet. Is is possible to modif this to save in a file format without links, or is there another way can approach this? Thanks in advance for any input. Sub SelectNewFile() Dim MyFileName As String, Fdate As String, NewName As String, awb A Workbook, BackupFileName As String, i As Integer, OK As Boolean If TypeName(ActiveWorkbook) = "Nothing" Then Exit Sub Set awb = ActiveWorkbook I...

Want to have a product that includes many other items.
Unlike Unit groups being multiples of primary units, I want to create a product that bundles many different units together and offers them as one price. For example: Consider selling a "place setting" which includes 1 fork, 1 spoon, 1 fork, 1 plate, 1 cup and 1 saucer. How is this setup? Hello Kathleen. You can use a product kit. First add all the products with the correspond price Example Product 1 - Fork = $ 1 Product 2 - Spoon = $ 2 Product 3 - Cup = $ 3 Then add a product that will contain all the previous (for example Kitchen Kit). ...

display values in cell
Hi, how can i display values in 2 cells into a 3rd cell? eg. cell 1 value is US cell 2 value is 1234 cell 3 to display US1234 [both cell 1 & 2 value] regards Assuming A1=US and B1=1234, in cell C1 put =A1&B1 to get US1234 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Vincent" <Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C324FDDA-9B1C-4D38-A093-BB940B6DE3F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > how can i display values in 2 cells into a 3rd cell? > eg. cell 1 value is US > cell 2 value is 1234 > cell 3 to display US1234 [both cell 1 & 2 value] > regards one...

collate quantities for multiple items scanned
When scanning multiple items of the same, collate these quantities onto 1 line instead of multiple lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=87096184-49f6-4b...

Customer item number vs internal #
What is the best way to allow ordering items using each customer's part number and description instead of our internal designation? GP 9.0 Only 20 customers but lots of products. If we can input orders by their terminology, how do we then manage production with our own BOM numbers. Just starting on this problem sorry to be so vague. Any advise will be appreciated. Hi There! Hope this helps! The following is what I found in GP Help: Setting up customer item numbers and substitute item numbers Use the Customer Item Maintenance window to set up customer item numbers, substitute item...

format cells depending on value range
Using Excel 2003 and am trying to format cells depending on a range of values e.g. If the value is less than 50.999% then colour the cell red If the value is between 51% and 74.999% then colour the cell orange If the value is more than 75% then colour the cell green I have managed to get the first and third examples to work using conditional formatting (formula is: =B4<0.50999) but can't seem to get it to work if the value is between two specific values. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe =B4<51% for red =AND(B4>=51%,B4<75%) for orange =B4>=75...

retrieving deleted items
If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those without doing a restore? They aren't in her deleted items. if you have DIR configured on that mailbox store, you can recover them by selecting the deleted items folder, and selecting Tools, Recover deleted items from the menu in Outlook... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW$YsTMOGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those > without doing a restore? They aren'...

IE8
IE8 won't open links (for example, links displayed by a Google search). If I use "Mysearch", the links will open. However, certain links on certain websites refuse to open as well. -- John P See the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e312e580-1cbc-496b-8c6b-b69b8535a7bb Tip => Since MS in its infinite wisdom decided that there will be no Win7-specific newsgroups [What were they thinking?], primary support for Win7 computers will be found in these forums: http://social.answers.micr...

Constructor initialization
Hi, Why do CMyClass::CMyClass() : m_iMyInt(0) // initialize { } instead of CMyClass::CMyClass() { m_iMyInt = 0; // assign } The first seems preferred, but I've always done the second (Self taught C++ so I don't know all the theory). Hi, When a class is instantiated, and for the purposes of this post lets leave inherited classes out of the picture, after the physical memory is allocated the members constructors are called and then the classes own constructor. When the members are constructed, the default constructor is called and then when your constructor executes th...

Windows 7 Outlook and printer
I upgraded to Windows 7 and instantly lost outlook and can not find the PST files in addtion my printer will not work and I had Dell investigate they found printer errors spool not started and printer not listed they could not fix it. Fins wrote: > I upgraded to Windows 7 and instantly lost outlook and can not find the PST > files And just how did you do this "upgrade"? I followed the instruction with the program and nothing out of the ordinary? "Gordon" wrote: > Fins wrote: > > I upgraded to Windows 7 and instantly lost outlook and c...

Matching the min & max values for Primary and Secondary axes
Hi All, I am constructing a tricky scrolling chart that makes use of dynamic named ranges to allow me to chart a defined number of months of data (eg. 6 months of sales figures) from a total of 30 available months. This is all easy to understand and setup with offset formulae and custom control scrollers etc. What I would like to do is be able to plot two sets of data on the one chart to compare them, for example sales $ and quantity for a single product. Given the difference in type of data, these by necessity need to be plotted on separate axes - no problem there. If however I wish...

Windows 7 integration
Hi All, Am having to venture now into starting to deploy Windows 7 Pro into our AD (2003) environment. Current platform is all XP SP3/ Server 2003 based. All of my users are set as local admins via group policy. And I need to try and understand how that plays into UAC and Admin rights in Windows 7. For example, Using an existing 2003-AD Domained account, I can't see to install applications without having UAC kick in and ask for elevation. When I put in my normal-user account details, it fails and repeats. I have to enter a domain-admin account login to get the softwa...

faq initialize CList
Hi, I have a member viarable of CList<CPoint,CPoint&> m_pointlist in Class Segment. Should I have to initialize the m_pointlist in Segment constructur? Thanks. The CList has a constructor with a default parameter (block size = 10). If that number satisfies you, you do not need to worry about initialization. Otherwise, follow this syntax: class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_pointList; public: Segment() : m_pointList( 100 ) // Place your own number instead of 100... { } } or class Segment { private: CList<CPoint, CPoint&> m_point...

MDI Window and size
Hello all, I wanted to maximize the MDI main window to the screen size ? 1. Is I have to call MoveWindow() with coordinates, How to get Screen coordinates? 2. I have created CWnd objects with MainFrame ( this is without Document/View architecture ) as parent, when It comes up it shows a wait cursor and it does not go away until a mouse move. What can be the reason? thanks, chandra- This has all you need to have your app full screen: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B164162 >I have created CWnd objects with MainFrame ( this is without > Document/View arch...

Fill the values regardnig the condition
Hi, I have a table with norms: a b 1 10 over65 2 9 65 3 8 58 4 7 50 5 6 43 6 5 36 7 4 29 8 3 22 92 14 101 7 And I have a table of results c d 1 35 x1 2 15 x2 3 13 x3 4 23 x4 5 32 x5 6 35 x6 etc. x1-x6 should be filled automatically with the proper category - if first result is 35, then the category (x1) should be 5 (it's more then 29, but less then 36). x2 should be 3, x3 - 2 etc. how can i write conditions for this. thanx Invert your table like this : A B C 0 1 10 7 2 9 14 3 8 22 4 7 29 5 6 ...