info on GP

I have a friend who needs information on GP as part of getting a
certification from Microsoft as “Microsoft Certified Learning Consultant”. As
far as ERP and Business Intelligence are concerned, he needs to come up with
a Training and Development Case Study, covering ERP implementation like user
training, usability engineering and development. Do you know a white paper on
our solution framework or operations framework of GP?

--
Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no

Stock Split info-where is the info
I am in the wonderful process of starting my tax filing. If I have a stock buy entry for 100 shares of XYZ company at $20, the amount is $2000.GOOD. Now,if I record a 2-1 split, it will show 200 shares, at $10s, amount $2000. My questions is this, #1. how can I see what the stock split info was ? It seems there is no way to see it was a 2-1 ( this scenario is easy..but what if the stock splits 10 times over 10 years). I want to know, because I am getting lost over checking my 1099 against MSmoney. Any help would be good, thanks. The only way I have found to see this is to go into Updat...

info
clik here for money http://kriskraft.site.voila.fr/ and GO for cash !!! see you soon chris ...

replication of GP
Hi, I'm looking for a document that discusses how to get replication to work functionally with GP. I've heard someone has a document that discusses this but can't seem to locate it. I did a search in the archives of this news group and did see some stuff about replication however, the answer was someone had a document that discusses this and requested an e-mail address to send to. If that person could reply to this post, i'll be more than happy to send him/her my e-mail address to send the file to. Using currently SQL server 2000. Thanks for any information that anyone...

Custom Reports causing GP to Crash
Any idea what would cause this? Customer was running GP10 SP2. Installed French version on one desktop and installed SP3. Now, when any custom report that existed before the upgrade is run, the system stops, gives the error saying it has to shut down and work may be lost and closes. New customs work fine. Old standards work fine. The report even shows up in viewer when you print to screen, but crashes before it is done. We've tried trial balance, checquebook register, etc. I tried exporting and re-importing the reports, but get an error that something is not registered to allow me...

Compare 1 cell to column of cells returning adjacent cells info?
I want to compare the value in one cell to another column of cells in another work sheet and once the matching value is found I wan to return a different cells value that is on the same line as the matching cell. Example Sheet 1 value is 34 in B6, so I want it to search Sheet 3 colum J for the value 34 which is found on row 351. When a match is found the value returned needs to be from colum O so this would be O351. Does anybody know how to setup this function? You are describing the VLOOKUP() function =VLOOKUP(B6,'Sheet 3'!$J$1:$0$500,6,0) "Mr. Fine"...

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Problems with retrieving info from my bank
I am hoping somebody might have some suggestions. I just replaced my previous computer and needed to reload MS Money onto my new one. Below is my predicament. Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 Windows Vista Home Premium 64 I am trying to download statements from my Financial Institution (City County Credit Union). When asked if I want to download the file, I clicked on the download OFX as I have done for many years. I click "open" and it starts a program called Microsoft Office Accounting 2008. This is a brand new Computer and Office Ultimate 2007 has been inst...

GP 9.00.0114 Upgrade and Integration Manager 9.00.0029
We have recently upgraded to 9.0 and have one remaining issue. When I run the integration manager it throws an error "The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: ActiveX component can't create object". Any help would be appreciated. What version did you upgrade from? Did you have any major issues. We are upgrading from 7.5 to 9.0 shortly. "todd" wrote: > We have recently upgraded to 9.0 and have one remaining issue. When I run > the integration manager it throws an error "The destination could not be > initialized d...

Payroll Report Info in 7.5
Our current 'Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings' report prints Available Sick Time on the report: 1. Which table and field is used for this data? 2. What is the best way to set all available sick time to zero for all employees and never accrue? Thanks UPR00100 is the table. You'll see fields for vacation and sick time available. The answer to resetting the balances depend upon if you are using HR Attendance to accrue or Payroll. If you're using Payroll, you can use a tool like SQL Server Query Analyzer to update the Sick Time Available field. If you're using At...

Portfolio Info Bar
The narrow info bar at the bottom of the portfolio screen has 3 places for such info as currect DJ Industrials index, S&P index, etc. Information on any of the indexes reported here is not correct and does not update itself to current - correct - information. All of the index info is stuck on a level of more than 1/2 year ago - maybe longer. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I am using Money 2004 small business. ...

Info
Ho aperto il mio nuovo sito � in fase di costruzione ditemi se vi piace.... www.royaldj.tk Tanti Saluti Dj Royal ...

Duplicate Calendar Info
Greetings- OL2002sp1 on XP Pro; Connecting to Exchange 200PostSP3. Duplicate Info when user PRINTS. User on laptop has several appointments for, let's say, today. User adds info to appointment description for a 1 O'clock appointment. User has several more appointments for the day. The info user has added for the 1 O'clock appointment can now be seen (when print preview and printing) in the subsequent appointments for the day. Info does not appear when accessing other appointments directly. Example of printed page: 12:00-1:00 Go to Lunch Meet John at the Cafe Eat lots of ...

novice needs info
I am trying to construct player cards for a baseball game...what i need to be able to do is to type constants like at bats, hits, etc. from one sheet and have them appear at different locations on the second sheet(the actual card)...some information such as average or era...needs to be affected by a formula before appearing on the second sheet....also need to know how to draw lines...vertical and horizontal in the second sheet...help..i am a dummy when it comes to this...thanks... -- mac53 Can you post a example of what sort of data in sheet 1 . Any thoughts on layout ?? -- VBA Noo...

How do I group record w/same info but different number in a row
How do I group a record with same info but different number in a row. Example below: ID, lname, fname, dob, fallqty, ID, lname, fname, dob, springqty How do I write the code to put the column "springqty" on the same line with the "fallqty" and group the rest of the info since they are all the same(ID, lname, fname, dob)? ...

Can I delete GP Package Loader from Add/Remove Programs???
In add/remove programs located in Windows Control Panel, I have an item listed that is called: Microsoft Great Plains Package Loader 8.00 Is it safe for me to remove this and still have GP operational??? This program is taking up way too much space on my hard drive and I would like to remove it if possible. What is the GP package loader anyways? Please note I have another item listed called Microsoft Business Solutions-Great Plains 8.0, which sounds like the actual program, which I obviouslly don't want to delete because I want to use GP. I just want to get rid of the GP Package L...

How fake is a header info these days ?
I received an e-mail from an unknown sender and he claimed that "one of my users is sending spam to him". I am wondering if that claim by itself would be a hoax... He sent me the header information below (in fact 166.77.11.1 is one of my IP addresses). I would like to know if I by examining the information I can have a legimitate ground to point finger somebody or it may well be just a spoofed/faked information ? Thanks, Marlon --- Below this line is a copy of the message. Return-Path: <asbydthps@gmx.net> Received: from 66-108-188-64.nyc.rr.com ([66.108.188.64]) by ma...

Hi ..I posted some more info .....
Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any chance someone could look at it and help me out? Thanks.. Hi Andrew check your other post. Cheers JulieD "ANDREW_B" <ANDREWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D449C20E-12F1-4609-B441-B0EDBD9F1B6D@microsoft.com... > Hi I posted some more info for the conditional formating question. Any > chance > someone could look at it and help me out? > > Thanks.. ...

Emailing Remittance Advices in GP.
It would be useful to have a tool in GP for emailing Remittance Advices to Suppliers (similar to the emailing Statements function) without having to do a separate cheque run for each individual Supplier in order to produce a separate Remittance advice for each individual Supplier. We have several clients who have asked the best way to handle this and it is disappointing that there is still no straightforward mechanism that doesn't impact on or interrupt the payment processing routine. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Have the info about Convergence appear in Events on Customersource
Why is it that when I log into Customersource and then click on the link for News and Events, the only thing that shows up is the Manufacturing Summit from Last year. Shouldn't you have something about Convergence coming up. I had to find out from another partner rather than see it on the web. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Rule info
TIA! Just migrated to outlook 2003 from 2000 (on a WinXP Pro machine). Is there a reference anywhere that explains what the various rule statements mean, or how to change the default boolean when linking the rule statements? I would love to make use of the new rules but am having difficulty interpreting their meaning. For instance, now there is a rule "sender is in 'specified' address book and on this machine only". The rule does not make sense if the address book is a subset of the GAL (All Users) which is not 'on this machine only'. Also, the rule I need shoul...

GP Consultant Career Question
I have been a GP user for more than 6 yrs and have been approached to become a GP consultant. Is there a source where I can find information on entry level GP consultant salaries? Since I am new to consulting I am not sure what a fair salary is. Thanks PattyM Patty: Check out www.dynamicscareers.com. You'll see help wanted ads for consultants. The salary varies, of course, with geographic location. Good luck, Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Patty, After 6 years, I am sure you know GP. Question for you to answer is "Are you consultant mater...

NK2.info .07 update released
Incase any of you are interested, thought I'd post. The new version .07 is much better than before. At least it appears to be. http://www.nk2.info Loads nk2 files about 100x faster than the old one!!! Yay! ...

Updating Info
This probably sounds fairly simple, but I can't get all aspects of this to work. I have 4 text boxes. 1. Part Cost - in Dollars 2. Part Quantitiy - Number 3. Total Part Cost - in Dollars, needs to equal Part Cost * Part Quantity 4. Total of all parts cost, Total of all Part dollars on form Number 1,2 and 3 are tied to a table the user is entering this data into the text box as additions to the table. Number 4 has a formula for the data control source. The problem I am having is updating number 3 and 4 whenever number 1 and 2 are changed. I have come up with different ideas in my Vis...

work info
Timothy j Salazar 4002 west Missouri Artesia nm 88210 I IM A VERY HARD WORK AND VERY DEPENDABLE PERSON AND GET ALONG WELL WITH OTHERS WEL. AND BEN IN OILFILD MOST OF MY WORK HISTORY.. EDUCATION-I GRADUATED FROM HOBBS HIGH IN 5-05 AND GOT SOME COLLEAG IN Roswell nm emnur 07-09 Arc, Welding migg ,welds some pipe ,cuts angle iron, arc weld vocational Projects lots of oilfield work on tanks, wrack, b.o.p cuts ,weld frames like Riggs ,truck beds and so on if it need to be welded I can do it ... 04-10-06 BULLDOG MUD -LOAD AND UNLOAD CHEMICALS USED FOR DRILLING RIGS ...

Removing internet header info in the email.
Outlook is showing all of the internet header info in the email. How do I remove it. It has started happening suddenly, although no updates or changes to the computer have been made. Running Windows XP & Office 2000 Did you try restarting Outlook? Usually when this happens, you can't fix existing messages but restarting outlook should keep future emails from getting messed up. Also, if you are using an antivirus program to scan email as you download it, disable the email scanning. Antivirus is known to cause problems such as this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outl...