Indexes in tables.

Hi,

Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
Any other ways?

Thanks,

Vitali

0
vitvov (85)

I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Vitali V" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
> for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
> Any other ways?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vitali

0
callen (2505)
1/23/2006 3:06:03 AM
Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle..

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Vitali V" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
> > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
> > Any other ways?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Vitali

0
DickatVPI (2)
1/24/2006 2:45:02 AM
SQL does not actually need an index to sort a table, so you can get away
without one.

What are you trying to do?  What tool are you using? Dexterity? VBA?

As mentioned already, it is best not to make any changes to existing GP
tables.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Vitali V" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
> for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
> Any other ways?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vitali

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Creating a table within a table
I am using Excel 2007. I have 5 columns as illustrated below - (Table Description has no rows yet) CTwt. Size Metal Jewelers cost Table Description 5 10 Tungsten 31 4 10.5 Tungsten 35 2 11 Tungsten 50 10 11.5 Tungsten 20 8 12 Tungsten 15 5 12.5 Tungsten 50 6 13 Tungsten 45 What I need to accomplish: Column 5(Table Description) needs to be a table in each row. For example Column 5, Row 1: (new table with 2 columns and 4 rows) like this: Ctwt. 5 Size 10 Metal Tungsten Jewelers Cost 31 I need to do this with hundreds of rows. After this I wil...

Link to other slides from table using c#
Hi, I'm looking to create links from a certain slide to another, and I need those links to be from within a table. I need it to be something like this: var pptApp = new PowerPoint.Application(); var presentation = pptApp.Presentations.Add(Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse); var slides = presentation.Slides; slides.InsertFromFile(@"C:\Users\Tng1\Documents\PresentationTemplate.potx" , 0, 1); var titleSlide = slides[1]; titleSlide.Name="TitleSlide" ; var tableSlide = slides[2]; tableSlide.Name = "TableSlide" ; va...

How to create a table with numbers from 1 to 600?

To index or not to index
I have a table of stuff stored in a repository and an attached table of inventory dates, linked one-to-many by an Autonumber ID field. I regularly need to find the oldest or newest inventory dates (or all, in order by date) for each item record in the inventory table, which is normally an automatic case for indexing. But this stuff is not inventoried very often, so far, only two out of over 80,000 records have three records in the inventory table, all others have zero, one or two inventory records. This is NOT going to change. It will likely be decades before there are as many as...

Pivot Table #52
After creating a pivot table, I am left with the lead category (furthes to the left) that is summaried. Iv'e tried to cut and paste to give a example. Area Item Asia CF1GB-80-380 CF1GB-80-520E CF2GB-80-380 CF2GB-80-520E CF4GB-80-380E CF4GB-80-520E CF512-80-380 CF512-80-520E IR-437 PM-231 RW021-001 WALLET-231 Is there a way to set the pivot so it will fill the blank section below Asia with "Asia"? Automatically, not by copy and pasting it in. This used to be a feature in previous versions of Excel. Please respond directly to dwh425@yahoo.com with the subject title o...

INDEX/MATCH help
I just learned about the INDEX/MATCH function while searching some of the Excel tip pages - and I think I can make good use of it. What I want to do is this: worksheet 1 - is the format of our Income Statement worksheet 2 (titled TB) is our Trial Balance. I want worksheet 1 to read TB (worksheet 2) and pick up the YTD amount for each account #. I tested this out and my formula is working fine. However, sometimes an account # on worksheet 1 doesn't appear on Worksheet 2 because there wasn't any activity. In this case I get a $N/A. I need to edit my formula so that if there ...

How can I create a table of contents(worksheets) for a large work.
I have a workbook with over 100 worksheets. I want to creat a table of contents on 1 sheet to link, by name of the worksheet, instead of scrolling the tabs. Possible? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "brupub" <brupub@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2199FD6C-4095-4550-8921-21CA2768314B@microsoft.com... > I have a workbook with over 100 worksheets. I want to creat a table of > contents on 1 sheet to link, by name of the worksheet, instead of scrolling > the tabs. Possible? th...

adding rows to pivot table
I have a pivot table that refers to a 7000 row "rawdata" workboo (A1:E7000) I just appended another 7000 rows of new data to tha workbook (so now it is A1:E14000). However, my pivot table does no seem to be including the new rows. How do I update the pivot table t expand itself to include those new 7000 rows -- cwinter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cwinters's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37680 - right click the pivot t...

Selecting some text in a Word table Cell
I'm trying to write some Word VBA to select some text in a table cell. The selection is to start from the first instance of a paragraph marker in the cell, and extend to the end of cell marker. The idea is that I might have a cell with CellLine1^pCellLine2^pCellLine3 and want to cut all text from the first paragraph marker to the end of the cell, leaving only the first line. So far, I have: aCell.Select With Selection.Find .Text = "^p" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindStop End With Selection.Find.Execute If Selection.Find.Found = True Then ...

Create Clustered index or Covering Index
Which would be better on a 3 column temporary table? A Clustered index or a Covering Index? In this case the uniqueidentifier is always the same and is done this way because there are about 20 procedures that already use this as a static table and I don't want to impace all the procedures with this change. CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX idx on #temp (CID) or CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE INDEX idx on #temp (CID) INCLUDE (PID,a) Thanks, Tom Tom, Better for what? It depends....

Table of Conents Out of Order`
Using Word 2007 and I have created a Table of Contents within a frame (working on a newsletter). The TOC is picking up its data from styles and it works perfectly, except the items within the table of contents are out of order. For example, I have two articles on page 1 and the second article title is showing first in the table of contents. Suggestions? As always, thank you for any help you can provide. If the articles are in text boxes, it could be that the "second" article is anchored to a paragraph that actually precedes the paragraph to which the "first&q...

update pivot table data range
I have a pivot chart based on A1 thru D10 in and Excel 2003 workbook. I would like to expand it to A1 thru F20, but I don't see how that gets done. How do you respecify the data range for the pivot table? Hi, Select the pivot table and choose Data, Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report, click Back once. Your there. I will send a more lengthy, but better solution in the next email. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JN" wrote: > I have a pivot chart based on A1 thru D10 in and Excel 2003 workbook. I > would like to expand it to A1 thru F20, but I don't see how t...

Indexes in tables.
Hi, Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? Any other ways? Thanks, Vitali I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not? > Any other ways? > > Thanks, > > Vitali > > > Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle.. "Char...

Table sorting and v look up possible &
Hello, Just need some advice with regards to the below. I have 2 tables. The first consists of 1 column of names and several other columns of other details. This table contains the records of people i need to update with details of the 2nd table.... The 2nd table contains 2 columns of the same names but split, with first name being in a separate column than the surname. Then further columns that have more info in. This table has 11000 peoples names in as this data is a simple data dump, opposed to the exact names of the people in table 1 i need. I will use a v look up but after i ha...

Match & Index??
I have the following info in different workbooks. In workbook 1, I have in Columns A,B,C,D: Mark & No. Start End Deal SLGG1234 3/15/2004 6/15/2004 211 SLGG1234 1/1/2004 3/14/2004 111 SLGG1234 6/16/2004 8/15/2004 311 SLGG1255 2/13/2004 8/15/2004 411 In workbook 2, I have Columns A,B, C: Mark & No. Date Deal SLGG1234 3/14/2004 SLGG1234 6/14/2004 In Column C of workbook 2, I want a formula to look at Cols A and B. Compare the info in them to Cols A,B and C in workboo...

How do I refresh a pivot table
I have created a pivot table from a worksheet but haven't worked out how to refresh the pivot table to reflect the update in the worksheet. Any assistance! Fred - If the Pivot Table command bar is visible, click on the red exclamation point button (pick Toolbars from the View menu to make it visible). Or right click on the pivot table and select Refresh Data from the pop up menu. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Fred wrote: > I have created a pivot table from a worksheet but > haven't worked ...

Under HELP, where is the INDEX
In Word 2003, is the INDEX completely gone? I always used it to search topics and definitions of terms. Hi MS decided to change the help system :-( So the Index feature is gone. Maybe you have your old Office CDs still available and can copy the old help files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Perotin" <Perotin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:34B1A278-5835-48DD-9A74-1E0E78441485@microsoft.com... > In Word 2003, is the INDEX completely gone? I always used it to search topics > and definitions of terms. ...

Many similar issues: A save operation on table...
Client is using v7.5 and recently began having some errors pop up. Users were receiving: -- A save operation on table SOP_Line_Work failed accessing SQL Data -- A save operation on table POP_PO failed accessing SQL Data I made a backup of Dynamics and the company DB -- ran checklinks on all (there was a similar error message during SOP Work) -- ran SOP Doc Utils -- Deleted stranded sessions in SY00800, SY00801, and Dex_lock and Dex_sessions -- Deleted duplicate SOP records in Work and History -- Deleted SOP records not in batches -- Drop and created Auto Procs -- DBCC CheckDB and CheckCata...

covert web table in excel

Table exist
Hi A simple question On a form, I have a button that create a table when someone click on it "DoCmd.open query " But I want to add something that will stop the code if the table already exist Something like If the table exist then msgbox "The table already exist" else DoCmd.open query "...." So what is the right sentence for "if the table exist" thanks You could use for instance the following function: Public Function tableExists(strTableName As String) As Boolean Dim dbClient As Database Dim tdf As TableDef Set dbClient = CurrentDb For Each...

Pivot table chart
Hi All, I have a chart that contains several input created through a pivot table. For making my chart clear I decided to apply 3 colors for my inputs some are green, some are yellow and some are red. But after each refresh, I get the default colors coming back. How can I remove this default color setting and save my color choice ? thanks for your replys Denis Hi, Loss of chart formating on refresh is a know bug. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Denis Le Bellego wrote: > Hi All, > I have a chart that contains several input created through a ...

Multiple Totals Columns in a Pivot Table
Hi. I've built a pivot table, and get totals values displayed as expected. In this case, it's a count of records. But I also want to see values for several expressions involving select categories. For example: Status ______ Location | Total Number of Records | Total of Status1 / Total Number of Records Is this possible? Thanks. Danny There is a method for generating multiple values but it looks at only the values related to the current Column Heading. For instance if you wanted both...

Table Creation Head Scratcher
Here is a problem I have never seen. I have a stored procedure that is in excess of 3500 lines and has a single INT input parameter. Its function is to create 80+ tables along with indexes, foreign keys, extended properties and the like. The sp works exactly as expected in Management Studio. Yet when called from code (Java via Apache Tomcat) only half the tables are created. Oddly enough it’s the bottom half of the sp whose tables actually get created. To be clear, roughly the bottom 40 tables get created while the top 40 do not. It almost seems like I am bumping into so...

is there an Excel table available?
My maths isn't up to this! I'm hoping there is a pre-defined Excel table in existence already - if so, please point me to where I can download? For a range of Annual Percentage Rates (APR) - between say 3% and 8%, the AER rates for interest paid monthly (and the daily rates by month, as interest is allegedly calculated daily). Intention is to track progress/total of various cash investments. Some are annual deposits, capital increased annually, others are "ad hoc" deposits with spasmodic capital injections, interest accrued daily, credited monthly. It's the latter...

Hi guys, I have a web site I developed in Publisher Windows 98. We now have a new version. When I work on it and then publish to the web, it does not create a index page, infact it does not see page 1 ! I inserted a blank page as new number 1 and then it made page 2 as the index page ! Appears to work but what am I missing. Also where I have photos and a frame around them, it makes two files/copies of each photo to be sent to web site. Like 505 and 5051. In 5051 the photo is of pour quality but 505 is fine. Have not sent over yet as it appears I have to remove the existing index...