Increasing field size in detail inquiry

I would like to increase the size of one of the fields in the account area of
detail inquiry. Right now the W in account number W-123-4567-33-us looks like
a V. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
--
Dave Christman
System Developer

Dave,

You might have done this already but maybe not.  Did you go to the Account
Format Setup window and for your first account segment change the Display
Width from "standard" to "Expansion 3"?

That should do the trick for you.

patrick
developer support

"Dave Christman" <DaveChristman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to increase the size of one of the fields in the account area
>of
> detail inquiry. Right now the W in account number W-123-4567-33-us looks
> like
> a V. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
> --
> Dave Christman
> System Developer

0
prot1 (1345)

Font Size on Taskbar indicating From/Subject/Date
How can I increase the font size on all items displayed in and under this window? When I increase the font size in Windows, it increases the font on the items in the left hand navigation pane but not on the right side. Any suggestions? Right-Click on a blank area of the mail list and choose "customize current view". There will be a button for other settings that allows you to change size and font. -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom "Ruthie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

barcode blaster label omits field
when printing lables for items added to database via purchase order, the supplier name is not displayed on the label. Yet when labels are printed for items entered directly into the database, the supplier name is printed correctly. I have confirmed that the supplier field is populated in the item properties. I am using the barcode blaster templates. Any suggestions? -- FRB ...

Add-ins to autogenerate a select query with all fields?
Hello, I find myself often in position to make an append query from one table to another. The procedure is simple. Usually I make first an select query then I check up the suitability of the resulted rowset and after that I change the select query to the append one. Often but I have to modify the fields of the origin table before I append them to the second one and in such cases I can't use at the begining the simple select query with a wild character * for using all fields. What disturbs me very much in the query design view is that I must click for each field of the table to pu...

Screen sizes are not supporint my program
Hi all, I developed a program in Access, and now I am implementing it I got one PC with 15inch screen my forms are big for that monitor (all command buttons are not showing on the screen) but working good on 17 inch where I developed. Please advise solution which fits all size of screens. Thanks in advance ...

Increase size of pie chart within control?
Is there a way to increase the size of a pie chart within its control? I have a limited amount of space in which to display the chart, so the overall size of the control is restricted. But within it there's quite a lot of "wasted" white space and I would like to make the pie itself larger and more legible. Can do, or not? Many thanks CW In design mode, double-click on the chart within the control to select it for editing. Then use the sizing handles to resize the chart area to the size of the control; this does not have to be square. Click on the plot area to select it ...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

Data file size so large
My wife has been using Publisher 2000. She makes a document for her nursery school. The document is only about 20 pages but the file grows to an enormous size (like way over 1 gigabyte) during the develpment process of making the document. It does have lots of pictues but they are typically 50 to 100K in size. To me it seems that the program is doing a terrible job of managing the file and maybe keeping old deleted stuff in it. Right now on a Pentium III/500 it takes forever to open and edit files. She has broken the document into four separate files but even those are so large that sh...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

to increase quantity
hello everybody, i have a question: i want to use project to calculate the delivery time of a machine component. I know the bill of material and the time of every step (manufacturing, mounting, etc.). I don't have problem to create a gantt for this item: but i have problem when i want to create a gantt for a number greater than one of my item. I think that i have to use a function that increase the duration of each step of the process, but i don't know how. Please help me. thank you -- sentenza ------------------------------------------------------------------------ s...

Disk size inconsistent
I have a problem with the disk size different with the actual file size. The drive use to store exchange database. Having 4 storage database. When I check disk status from the disk properties, it tell me the usespace is 46GB. But if I added all the file and folder together it only use 26GB. I have enable show all hiden file and unhive the system file and did not found any bigger file. Anybody can guide me how to troubleshoot this issues and how to find out where is the space gone? sorry forgot to mention. This is exchange 2003 enterprise server with SP1. Previously without thi...

Referencing Fields on a different form
Hi, I have a field that relates to company size on the account form that I want to link to a field on the case form. The idea is that dependant on what is selected on the company size picklist the field value on the case form is filled in. The field on the case form is a monetary value. I suppose my question is, how do I reference the field on the account form from some code on the onload section of the case form. My understanding is that the crmForm.all.FIELDNAME format will not work in this way. How do I reference the FIELDNAME on a different form? Thanks in advance my understandin...

A subform Link Child Fields, Link Master fields problem (newbie question)
THis is a very basic question, since I'm learning Access without a book, so don't read too much into it, and from my description I trust you understand where I'm going. This post is a repost of another thread that got rather long so I broke it into a new post. As you can see below, the issue is how to bring into your child subform a field that is not a migrated primary key (that is, is not a foreign key) from the parent form, so that this field can be bound to control (e.g. a text box) in the child subform, mainly so that the user of the subform has a visual clue (ie the field wi...

Breaking up one field into 2 columns and 2 rows
I have a table with 3 columns Totals, SalesOffice and Type. Type contains 4 different entries Cash Contribution, Cash Distribution, Security Contribution and Security Distribution. I want to set the report up like this: SalesOffice Contributions Distributions Net Cash Securities I can't figure out how to get it to display correctly. I've tried using 4 labels with =IIF([Type]="Cash Contribution","[Totals],"") =IIF([Type]="Cash Distribution","[Totals],"") ...

Binding Fields to Control Source
Hia! How are you doing friends? I am not able to populate the Text Box in the report! Sub NewControlsReports() Dim rpt As Report Dim ctlLabel As Control, ctlText As Control Dim intDataX As Integer, intDataY As Integer Set rpt = CreateReport rpt.RecordSource = "Contacts" intDataX = 2000 intDataY = 100 Set ctlText = CreateReportControl(rpt.Name, acTextBox, , "", "", _ intDataX, intDataY) ctlText.ControlSource = "Notes" '''''I'''...

blank fields on record lists
My documents like accounts, cases, contacts which are listed on main page have blank field 'priority' and some others fields. I noticed that this problem involve only fields definied as 'pickup list' - either predefined in MS CRM fields (like 'priority') and my customized fields. It's very heavy problem because I can't sort these documents by category 'priority' (example) or by my own fields. Any ideas appreciated. JP ...

Date Increase
I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a field to enter the date the password was last changed, and another field for the date the password expires, which is every 30 days. Is there anyway i can set the date password expires field to update automatically? The 2nd field is just calculated from the 1st and better left as a calculation in a query rather than a field in a table. There are no triggers at the table level in Access. Dan Wood wrote: >I currently have a form for entering current passwords for systems. I have a >field to enter...

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Error mapping Contact field to Opportunity Customer field
We have created a custom entity called Property. This entity has a many to one relationship to the Contact entity so that one Contact can be associated with many Properties. The Property entity is also related one to many to Opportunity so that one property can be associated with many Opportunities. We are not using the Account entity in CRM and have therefore not granted any priveledges for the Account entity to any users. This way, the Account entity will not show up on users wonderbar, menus, lookups, etc. Having done this, Account is removed from being one of the record type opt...

can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?
I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel worksheet? thank for any help! Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can, of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on another row etc. Pete ...

Remove duplicate information in different fields
Hi all I have an address file with 50k records The fields are Add1, Add2, - Add6, Postcode The postcode field has such information but this information is also duplicated in various add fields How do I go about removing postcode data from add fields so the do not print on address labels twice thanks for any input, Garry I would make the test, before printing: if postcode = add1 OR postcode = add2 OR ... OR postCode = add6 then ' do nothing else ' print the postcode end if You can also update the table (untested, make a backup before ru...

Unable to Refresh Fields in Field list
Hi I'm trying to update the Field list on my Database. The Refresh Button for this purpose should be on the field list toolbar but I can't see it anywhere. either I'm being exceedingly dense or I'm not looking in the right place. This is a older version of Office (Office Proffesional 2003). It was already installed on the PC when I started. Don W There is no button for that. If the recordsource of the form or report that you are trying to refresh is a query, you need to add the field to that query. The only way that would happen is by either manually adding th...

Hide label and field if blank
How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? Thanks in advance. Are you working in MS Access? Are you working on a form or a report? Which version of Access? More info, please Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "jhicsupt" <jhicsupt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AF5FB29-9B63-43DB-BD82-547467F75F54@microsoft.com... > How do I hide the label and field if field is blank? > > Thanks in advance. I found this thread and need the same answer: I am working in MS Access 2003. I want to print a report from a table that has a list of ...