inconsistent restriction/sort expression error in report writer

When I'm generating the Multicurrency Long Form report, the error
"Inconsistent restriction/sort expression. Please add the following
restriction 'calc20008 = calc20008' appears. I tried doing the knowledge base
article 864430 but still the error appears. This report have modifier with
vba in it. It did not specify which fields I need to add in the restriction.
Hope someone can help me.

 Thanks,

0
Mel1 (144)

If you did follow KB article 864430 and you are still getting this error, it
means you still have not identified the most nested table in your report (the
one with the more dashes in front of its name). It has nothing to do with
what fields are selected for the restriction, since as stated by the article,
it can be any field. So, for example, if your table contains the field
Currency Index then your restriction can be setup as Currency Index =
Currency Index.

I am almost certain a VBA customization on the report will not be causing
this error, as this is rather a known Dexterity limitation.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"mel" wrote:

> When I'm generating the Multicurrency Long Form report, the error
> "Inconsistent restriction/sort expression. Please add the following
> restriction 'calc20008 = calc20008' appears. I tried doing the knowledge base
> article 864430 but still the error appears. This report have modifier with
> vba in it. It did not specify which fields I need to add in the restriction.
> Hope someone can help me.
>
>  Thanks,

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Inconsistent conditional formatting
Hi all Office XP service pack 2 (pack 3 not yet installed) I have a workbook that contains cells that are subject to conditional formatting. By way of example, Condition 1 of cell Q9 is set to =AND($D9>0,ISNA(MATCH($Q9,L_Charity,0))) If I select cell Q9 and then from the menu bar select Format/Conditional Formatting, then Condition 1 changes to: =AND(#REF!>0,ISNA(MATCH(#REF!,LCharity,0))) If I click on "OK", and then repeat the process, then it reverts back to =AND($D9>0,ISNA(MATCH($Q9,L_Charity,0))) It seems to alternate. When this sort of thing happens generally, my ...

subreport between each entry on the report
I have created a report that has entries 1,2,3 and 4. I want to add a subreport which has 2 more entries. However, when i try to do so, the entries for the subreport show up in between those on the report. This is not what i want. I want the subreport entries to show up below those of the main report. How do i do this. Radhika Put the subreport in the report footer. or Put the subreport in a group footer that is printed after your details -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "...

Error when starting up Deployment Manager
When we start up the Deployment manager we get "The selected snap-in did not initialize properly". I know when we first installed the deployment manager came up fine. But shortly after we started getting that message. Your post to that questions was -"Are you logging in with Admin authority". And the answer is yes, I am logging in with Domain Administrator authority. I did notice that originally when we installed the application there was a DOS window that was open when Deployment manager was open, but that is no longer opened, when that software is started. Yes, I am ge...

bug report: editing chicago style bibliography

Charts not printing in report
I have created a survey database. I now need to create a report that has two bar charts for each record (the charts need to change with each record). I was able to do this successfully on a form. However, when I try to duplicate this process in a report, it doesn't work, i.e., the charts display as blank boxes or don't display at all. I am using the exact same Row Source and Link Child/Master fields info as on the form. I have tried creating the charts for the report using the wizard and also pasting them from the form but I get the same results -- blank charts. I also tried addi...

Converting from Outlook Express
Just recently converted from Outlook Express to Outlook. Had 2 email addresses in Express and accessed them by switching identies. Since converting I have not discovered how to switch between the 2 accounts and am not receiving mail in the main account. Message says there is either a message currently being sent or box is being used by another program. Cintessa <Cintessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just recently converted from Outlook Express to Outlook. Had 2 email > addresses in Express and accessed them by switching identies. Since > converting I have not d...

Outgoing E-Mail Restrictions
I have a friend that is using windows 98 with outlook 2000. She wants to send an email out to someone on a sensitive matter and she does not want them to be able to forward the email, copy or print. She states that she has done this before but can not remember how she did this. Any one out there know how this is done in outlook 2002? Thanks! ...

How to Sort on Date in Filename?
I have files whose filenames include date created; with the filename format ddmmmfilename2, ddmmmfilename3, etc in a folder. In Windows Explorer I want to view the files in date sequence. How can I manipulate the ddmmm into a format that can be logically sorted? thanks Davy "Davy" <me@removeallthistextchobham.org.uk> said this in news item news:Xns9CF5B1C1ADEC1meremoveallthistextc@216.196.109.145... > I have files whose filenames include date created; with the filename > format ddmmmfilename2, ddmmmfilename3, etc in a folder. > > In Windows ...

American Express Download Problems.. Anyone?
As of 2/11/06 i am not getting transactions from American Express (blue). The Summary recent downloads states: "Microsoft Money could not update your account: Please try to update your account again. If the problem persists, contact support". Is there a service down? Is anyone else having this problem with Amex? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thx. It was up for a day or two for me, this morning it says "You have no accounts there." I downloaded my transaction files and it worked fine, which even that didn't work a day or two ago. If you want t...

Email campaign unknown error
Hi all We get an unknown error while merging the word template with the list. Is there a problem with word 2007? Thanks, Jan With the administrator we could see a more sensfull error: Interface not registered So we have done on the commandline with: Regsvr32 PathToSystem32\MSRDO20.DLL Regsvr32 PathToSystem32\OLE32.DLL Jan "JanM" wrote: > Hi all > We get an unknown error while merging the word template with the list. Is > there a problem with word 2007? > > Thanks, Jan > ...

GetDeviceCaps inconsistancy
'ello I am using Windows XP and Visual Studio 2003. When I call GetDeviceCaps(HORZSIZE) or GetDeviceCaps(VERTSIZE) it always seems to return the value of the default printer, not the printer selected in the Print Dialog. Thus when I print to a printer that is not the default printer, my Page Rect that I calculate is incorrect. Below is the code that this occurs in... Am I doing something wrong? Thanx Hein -------- CRect CPrinting2View::getPrintRect(CDC* pDC, int margin) { CSize PrintOffset, Physical, Printable; Physical.cx = pDC->GetDeviceCaps(PHYSICALWIDTH); Physical.cy = pD...

Expressions in function arguments
Is there a way to make this statement legal? =IRR((C5-B5;C6-B6;C7-B7;C8-B8)) It looks like expressions as arguments are not allowed. ";" is used instead of "," due to regional settings. I don't suppose this would be satisfactory?: =IRR(C5:C8-B5:B8) -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Allan" <allan.goss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:74029d99.0410060754.76b70ff4@posting.google.com... | Is there a way to make this statement legal? | =IRR((C5-B5;C6-B6;C7-B7;C8-B8)) | | It looks like expressions as arguments are not allowed. | | ";" is used instead of ...

Send and receive with Outlook Express but only receive with Outlook?
Hi, Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own business, he can't send mail with Outlook. Mail leaves his PC via his ISDN router, goes around his ISP's network for 3-4 hours and then bounces back. Tried with Outlook express and it works perfectly. I've looked at both configurations and they seem to be the same... He can receive mail in Outlook, just won't send. Any ideas? Thanks Daz (replace (AT) with @ ;-)) Daz N <darren(AT)clara.co.uk> wrote: > Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own > business, he can't s...

how do I control how embedded objects are updated
I have an Excel file that I have embedded into my WORD 2007 doc. I have only pasted a portion of the Excel file, since it is large, but users can open the doc to see the whole file, since it is embedded. However, if they double click the object, and do any scrolling, the object changes. I want the default to be Open, not Edit when the object is double clicked. How do I do that? You can protect the embedded sheet (or workbook) with a password, so that it cannot be edited. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "tsoesh" <tsoesh@discussions.microsoft.com>...

'Property Owner not available' error
Using SQL Server 2005. I am unable to open the Properties window for my database. When I right-click and select Properties, I get the following message: Property Owner is not available for Database '[my database]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient rights. I get the same error when I try to view the Properties for the two Report Server databases (ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB). I am able to open the Properties window for the various system databases (master, msdb, etc), but not my database. I've trie...

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Sort a validation list?
Hi. I have a range of cells that are NOT sorted and should not be sorted on the worksheet. I want to use that range as a Data Validation List, but I want the values to be sorted on the validation list. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken a duplicate list? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <kk_oop@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1127666134.816720.25520@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi. I have a range of cells that are NOT sorted and should not be > sorted on the worksheet. I want to use that range as a Data Validation > List, but I want the values to be s...

Out of memory errors when attempting to send attachments
I am running into this error (outlook 2002) whenever I attempt to attach any document. As soon as I click OK on the attach document dialog I get an error that indicates that the system is out of memory even if I am running just outlook and no other app. Does any one know what may be causing this. I guess some regisetry entry or something else is corrupt but I am not able to figure out how to fix this Thanks ...

Req: Help with following error message
Details Product: Money ID: 34 Source: mnyob99 Version: 12.0 Symbolic Name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Explanation Usually caused by a corupt file. User Action Run the Money File Repair tool to fix the problem. When I exit the program I get the above error message. Does anyone have any advice on the problem? Thanks, Larry Have you tried to run "salv.exe" on your file? It can be found in the Money/System directory. That's what it's asking you to do. "Larry Vogel" <rolnthdr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:v1cjb.16826$...

Win7 WLM error message
I have just started getting the following message, can anyone explain? Sorry, something unexpected has happened and Windows Live Mail must close. Your most recent changes may not be saved. And an OKAY box to click. Nothing else, no error codes. I would like to clear it but am stumped as to what is causing it Please don't post the same issue in more than one thread. I responded in your thread "weird error message". --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "hybug" <hybug@discus...

HQ CLient 2.0
I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? Ed I figure it out. "Ed" wrote: > I am setting up a new polling server with RMS HQ Client 2.0, when I click on > the icon. I am getting a Run Time Error 339 and it keep referencing a file > call RICHTX32.OCX. Have anyone ran into this or know how to correct this? > > Ed ...

Is there a template for this sort of thing?
I want to have a column of figures which will always add up to the same thing. That is, if I increase one number I want the other numbers to decrease by a percentage so that the column will still have the same total. I think there's a technical name for this in budgeting. It seems like it would be a common thing. Is there a template somewhere? Also, I'm going to have to drop Outlook Express. I'm shifting my e-mail to Gmail. Is there a web interface I can use to continue to participate in this newsgroup? TIA LAS Excel's Solver Add-in will do what you want. The ...

sorting error
Suppose I have 6Y,3M in one cell 6Y,7M in another cell and 6Y,10M in another cell.While I am sorting in descending order 6Y,10M shoul come first then 6Y,7M, then 6Y,3M should come. But in my case 6Y,10M comes last.But if I am inserting one 0 my problem can be solved ,but without this how can it be done.Or If I have to insert 0 , how this process be automated by using any function.becauz I have lots of data , so 0 cann't be inseted manually. ananga, Since you asked "how this process be automated" Maybe this recent post of mine will help... http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2...

Exchange server reports no account at recipient when Outlook Express is able to deliver through regular POP3 connection
I run Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook AND Outlook Express configured to work with my various POP3 accounts. If i send email to address xyz@abc.com from the Outlook / Exchange setup I get xyz@abc.com on 01/13/05 6:44 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <abc.com #5.1.1> Cutting and pasting the email address from Outlook into Outlook Express and sending the message, it gets right through. Using another email address worked just fine in outlo...

Error 5895
Finished moving CRM by using the redeployemnt tool and this error is occuring every 10 minutes. Here is the error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 5895 Date: 10/20/2005 Time: 5:31:24 PM User: N/A Computer: ****************** Description: Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity; PriceLevel; Quote. Any ideas?? Hi dmn8! dmn8 wrote: > Finished moving CRM by using the redeployemnt tool and this error is > occuring every 10 minutes. Here is the error: > > Event Type: Error > Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService...