Including Ship To Address 'User Defined' fields on SOP Invoice.

How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice?

The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the
Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO').
I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1
.... RW_AddressLine3 functions.  However I can not determine how to retrieve
other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table.

How do I achieve this?

That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the
Customer Master Address table which is already a part of the report.

Just go to the Report Layout window, choose Customer Master Address File
from the Toolbox drop-down, and drag the appropriate user defined field onto
the report layout.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"DTMMICHAEL" wrote:

> How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice?
>
> The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the
> Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO').
> I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1
> ... RW_AddressLine3 functions.  However I can not determine how to retrieve
> other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table.
>
> How do I achieve this?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/28/2008 8:04:37 PM
Unfortunately, I wish is was as simple as that.  The User Defined are
associated with the SHIP TO address, and this is NOT the address selected for
the Customer Maintanance Card.  Looking on  the Customer Maintenance Card,
note the Ship To field. The address Code associated to this field is the User
Defined field entries in question.

Hope that helps define the problem a little better.

Thx and look forward to all suggestions.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the
> Customer Master Address table which is already a part of the report.
>
> Just go to the Report Layout window, choose Customer Master Address File
> from the Toolbox drop-down, and drag the appropriate user defined field onto
> the report layout.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "DTMMICHAEL" wrote:
>
> > How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice?
> >
> > The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the
> > Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO').
> > I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1
> > ... RW_AddressLine3 functions.  However I can not determine how to retrieve
> > other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table.
> >
> > How do I achieve this?
That's because on the SOP Invoice -- whatever form you are using -- the
address table is linked to the header table on the bill to address. If you go
and change the relationship to use the Ship to, you will be able to pull in
the user defined fields you need.

Best regards,
--

"DTMMICHAEL" wrote:

> Unfortunately, I wish is was as simple as that.  The User Defined are
> associated with the SHIP TO address, and this is NOT the address selected for
> the Customer Maintanance Card.  Looking on  the Customer Maintenance Card,
> note the Ship To field. The address Code associated to this field is the User
> Defined field entries in question.
>
> Hope that helps define the problem a little better.
>
> Thx and look forward to all suggestions.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the
> > Customer Master Address table which is already a part of the report.
> >
> > Just go to the Report Layout window, choose Customer Master Address File
> > from the Toolbox drop-down, and drag the appropriate user defined field onto
> > the report layout.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "DTMMICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> > > How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice?
> > >
> > > The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the
> > > Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO').
> > > I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1
> > > ... RW_AddressLine3 functions.  However I can not determine how to retrieve
> > > other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table.
> > >
> > > How do I achieve this?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/28/2008 8:31:52 PM
Hi Mariano

If I change the relationship to use Ship to, it still doesn't work.  I am
unable to change the way that the address table is linked to the header table
because this is a system defined relationship.  I have created a new
relationship and have changed the relationship to use the ship to.  I now
have two relationships which are names the same.

This still is not working.

Any other ideas?

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> That's because on the SOP Invoice -- whatever form you are using -- the
> address table is linked to the header table on the bill to address. If you go
> and change the relationship to use the Ship to, you will be able to pull in
> the user defined fields you need.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "DTMMICHAEL" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, I wish is was as simple as that.  The User Defined are
> > associated with the SHIP TO address, and this is NOT the address selected for
> > the Customer Maintanance Card.  Looking on  the Customer Maintenance Card,
> > note the Ship To field. The address Code associated to this field is the User
> > Defined field entries in question.
> >
> > Hope that helps define the problem a little better.
> >
> > Thx and look forward to all suggestions.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the
> > > Customer Master Address table which is already a part of the report.
> > >
> > > Just go to the Report Layout window, choose Customer Master Address File
> > > from the Toolbox drop-down, and drag the appropriate user defined field onto
> > > the report layout.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
J (145)
10/15/2008 5:03:01 AM
Hi guys,

I have been trying to change a table relationship to no avail so far - I can
add new one though. I just wondering how you guys change it?
Anyway, Mariano mentioned that table relatioship between SOP and Customer
Address is using Bill To address, but mine (V8.0 SP5, Singapore Local) is
using Ship To address. This results the invoice Bill To Address prints the
Ship To Address.

However, I have another install (V8.0 SP5, UK local) which is using Bill To
Address. It seems that the same version for different local have different
settings?

Regards,
Sugih

"paul j" wrote:

> Hi Mariano
>
> If I change the relationship to use Ship to, it still doesn't work.  I am
> unable to change the way that the address table is linked to the header table
> because this is a system defined relationship.  I have created a new
> relationship and have changed the relationship to use the ship to.  I now
> have two relationships which are names the same.
>
> This still is not working.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > That's because on the SOP Invoice -- whatever form you are using -- the
> > address table is linked to the header table on the bill to address. If you go
> > and change the relationship to use the Ship to, you will be able to pull in
> > the user defined fields you need.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "DTMMICHAEL" wrote:
> >
> > > Unfortunately, I wish is was as simple as that.  The User Defined are
> > > associated with the SHIP TO address, and this is NOT the address selected for
> > > the Customer Maintanance Card.  Looking on  the Customer Maintenance Card,
> > > note the Ship To field. The address Code associated to this field is the User
> > > Defined field entries in question.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps define the problem a little better.
> > >
> > > Thx and look forward to all suggestions.

0
Sugih (78)

One user Can't open attachements....?
I have one user that when he tries to open an attachment stored in a Note,,,he get's an error that says the file can't be found. He can "save" and then open ....other users can open no problem right from the link (vs having to save to desktop). This happens with pdfs, word docs, excel, etc..... I've seen this before and I can't remember the deal....I'm thinking it is an IE setting/issue....anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated. anyone have any thoughts on this???? Appreicate any ideas. Thanks Skip12 wrote: > I have one user that when he tries to o...

Changing IP addresses on my Exchange server
What do I have to do to make sure that my outlook clients can still send and receive e-mail from other users throughout the internet....as well as inhouse if I am changing all of my IP addresses. Since we are switching data providers we have to relinquish our current IP addresses and are getting differnet ones. Pat Does your Exchange server sitting behind a firewall have a public IP address provided by your current/old ISP? If not, there's no changing there. If you do need to change your internal IPs, you'll need to change the A record in internal DNS (and re-register with ...

OWA ex2003 user not authorised
after changing the password for some user accounts via AD, they can no longer log in to the intranet OWA. OWA accepts the login details on the first prompt, but displays the 403 message. If I enter incorrect details, I get the login prompt 3 times then it fails. Any suggestions? ...

Maximum Across Fields
I've got a query where I want to find the maximum value from among 4 dimensions for each record in my tables. If in tblSettings, I have fields: Length1, Length2, Length3, Length4, how can I easily calculate the maximum length for each record (instead of maximum for each field)? I've heard that I can do something like this with iif(), but I can't get my head around it. If it helps at all, there is another field, TestID, which can serve as an identifier for each record. Thank you for any help. If you have 'repeating fields' (e.g., "Length1, Length2, ...), you most l...

No IM Address field in Custom Map in OL2002
I am trying to import a contact database in excel into Outlook 2002. I have a field of MSN messenger addresses I want to map to the "IM Address" field in Outlook; however, there is no field in the "Custom Map Fields" in Outlook to map it to? Any ideas or work arounds? Is this a known issue? Thanks! Feel free to send reply to email addresss listed. ...

Global Address list with external contacts
Is there a way (workaround) to let users add contacts to the GAL. Or is it only done by creating contacts in AD by the administrator? I want our users to be able to add a contact to an address book or list, and share that book/list Any help outhere? Tomppa Couple of thoughts... 1) use a public folder that holds outlook contacts. the end user should be able to mark the folder for use as a client side outlook address book or 2) delegate out the necessary rights in Active Directory to who can manage contacts. of course this means installing the exchange system manager on their wo...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

User defined fields in Tasks
I would like to add a field in one of my Task folders. That field would indicate an part's location on one of many inventory shelves in the storage building. Each row of shelves is labeled with a letter or number. For example, we have: Rows 1-16 and rows A through J. The rows A through J are the first rows as you enter the building. Then rows 1 through 16 follow the row J. So row A is the first row in the building and row 16 is the last row in the building. I have added a field in my Task folder that indicates the row ID, but Outlook only seems to let me format the row ID field as t...

How do I keep 2 email addresses separate?
How can I open Outlook and keep the mail for one email address separate from athe mail in a second email address in my account? I try to make this simple on my computer. First I click on Outlook Today - [Personal Folders] and then click on File / New / Folder (Ctrl-Shift-E) and create a folder to hold my messages from another email address. I'm going to assume you have already established the second email account. Now click the Rules Wizard icon, followed by clicking New to insert a new rule. Start by creating a rule from a template and choose Move Messages based on Content. Cli...

IP address sorting in excel
I am looking to sort IP address's in excel not being the best excel user is ther an easy way to do this? the format fot those of you who might not be familar it is a range of numbers from 192.168.3.1-192.168.3.254 . I would lik for it to give me the address in a numericle order. Any suggestions? You can find a bunch of suggestions by searching the archives (use "IP Sort," without quotes, as a key): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* David McRitchie has an excellent suggestion here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorttcp.htm In ...

Wrong E-mail address sent to my mailbox?
I have been receiving messages, that are being sent to someone else i.e my address is (only an example!) jleonard@northcoastsea.com but I am receiving messages sent to glinossglinos@northcoastsea.com? How is it possible, someone else's (who does not exists) messages are sent to my mailbox? Using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Thx John well, if youre sure there is no forwarding setup on that address, then youre obviously being BCC'd "North Coast Sea Foods" <jleonard@northcoastseafoods.com> wrote in message news:O%23HWrkJwGHA.4444@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl......

How do I setup a 500 name address list?
A local lawyer has recently given me the job of setting-up a 500 name address list which will be used to send out newsletters. I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas as to a very professional and crisp template that I could use to make this thing look spectacular. I will be using Microsoft Excel. No specail version, just excel. I'm sort of starting from the bottom here. Thank you. Why excel instead of Access? However, if you do it in excel set it up so it is easily transferable to a database like Access. Think of all the uses it might/could be used for. Plannin...

Address Book Sensitivity
I recently received an unsolicited email(read: semi spam) that contained the following phrase: "Don't forget to add this email address to your address book to ensure prompt delivery of this newsletter each week." Now, I may be a little slow, but I see no relation in whe- ther my local WAB contains this address, and whether I continue to receive these emailings. What a I missing here? Thanks, Gary The suggestion is that if you add the sender to your mail or anti-spam = program's Safe Senders list, future messages from that sender won't be = classified as spam. I...

Outlook 2003--how do I change "from" address
I have mutiple mail accounts and sometime I want to send from one address, and other times I want to send from another. Is there a way to do this quickly and easily each time? I see that I can go into E-mails accounts... and select a new default address, but that is too cumbersome. Thanks, Doug View menu, enable From field. You may have to disable WordMail to expose this option. Using the From field assumes you have Send As permissions on the account. -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send em...

Profit margin field in report
Hi Can anyone provide a copy of the Reports > Items > Price List report with a column for profit margin, calculated from the 'Cost' & 'Price' fields Many thanks Hi Jeff Many thanks for that - we don't deserve you. I don't wish to be a pest, but is there any way of having another column with PM calculated without the sales tax? i.e. derived from (price - sales tax) and cost Also can you reccommend a site or book where I can learn to edit the Active reports myself. Many thanks again "Jeff" wrote: > Connawarra, > > Try this one at...

Spelling and Grammar Check
Our group runs Spelling and Grammar Check on Word Documents before they are sent to the Production group. The Production group will always run Spelling and Grammar Check again to validate that it has been run - and will receive the Microsoft Office Word pop-up box saying "The spelling and grammar check is complete" so they don't have to go through it again. But with some users, this functionality is not passed along, and the Production group keeps telling us we didn't run Spelling and Grammar Check even though we get the confirm pop-up box ourselves. Is this a d...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Custom address list and OU members
How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an specific Organization Unit. Jens Erik You'll have to come with another identifier to add to each AD object within the OU. For example, set a common value for dept then base the LDAP filter on that value. Nue "Jens Erik" <Jens Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9F426F8-8BBA-46CF-8BC5-F9C960A07D87@microsoft.com... > How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an > specific > Organization Unit. > > Jens Erik Is'nt there any attribute whi...

Performance log as a limited user
Windows won't let me start a performance log even when do it as a RUNAS command. I want to run it as a limited user. Thanks. ...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

sender email address...
Good days. I have got a problem... my company running an exchange 2003 server. and that I can send and receive without problem..e.g. me@abc.com Then, I have got an email account, say me@cba.com. all the incoming mail will be forward to me@abc.com. I can receive all without problem. When I want to reply email original to me@cba.com, I want to use me@cba.com as the sender address. but that the exchange server not allow that... how can I set exchange server to allow sender address as me@cba.com? thanks. oh... maybe making my problem more clearly. The outlook cannot send mail out with se...

How to make a field as Read Only
I want to setup Account numbers of Accounts to be created Automatically, i was able to add Trigger on AccountBase table but I cannt make this field as Readonly on the form, any idea on making field as read only. Regards, BizWorld There is no supported way to do this, but you could add javascript to the sfa\accts\edit.aspx page the disabled the field when the form loads. BTW: Triggers on the table are technically not supported. The preferred method would b to use a Post-callout. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "BizWorld" <moonis.tahir@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

address labels
I have an address list I want to print on avery 5160 labels. does anyone know how to do this? You can use the Mail Merge feature in Word to print the data, with your Excel file as the data source. There's information on the Word MVP site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm sumwork wrote: > I have an address list I want to print on avery 5160 labels. does anyone know > how to do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http...

How to create a field in a table whose value will be calculated
I could use some help in creating a field in a table the value of which would be the continuing balance of simple arithmetic operations such as: T(n) = T(n-1) A(n) - S(n) where T=Total, A=value in a field to be added, S=value in a field to be subtracted, and n=record number Does this make sense? Slipperyrock, If I understand you correctly you want a calculated field in a table... that would be a no can do BUT you can do it in a query. Now, you can simulate a table view using a query and a form. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been den...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...