Including MDA information in transaction edit reports

GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so
the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing
applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task?
0
khinton (1)

I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work
seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra
lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"khinton" wrote:

> GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so
> the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing
> applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

How to split information in a cell
:confused: I have a tip on how to Join first and last names, but how d I split information that is in a cell into other cells. I have spread sheet with over 26000 cells in a column that contains 5 words i each cell. I want to split this information into 5 seperate cells ou to the right of this column -- dcoate ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dcoates's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31490 data>text to columns>delimited>space...

Delivery Order Report Print
I am using Access 2000 I have linked tables to generate a report. I have a form from which I want to print the report. The cache is I want to print that particular record the form refers to. I am getting the report but it shows all the records and I have to go through all of them to find the particular page/record I want to print. Pls help me... Or if you can pls provide me any good side that can help me brush up my Access knowledge. Check this link http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. If your primary key value is text, you may need to change the code to something like: strWh...

Office 2007 release compatibility information
For your information: Releases 9.0 onwards will be compatible with Office 2007 Release 8.0 backwards will not be compatible with Office 2007 BP 4.0 onwards will be compatible with MOSS 2007 (Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server) BP 3.0 backwards will not be compatible with MOSS 2007 Thanks, Jonny Global Development Localisation Microsoft UK -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. But is Version 10 going to be backwards compatible with Office 2003/XP? And I would expect that BP 4.0 will ONLY be compatible with MOSS 2007, not the previous v...

Reporting Error
This error is prompting when i am trying to access the Reports tag in the crm externally. Unable to find part of the path:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\ReportServer\ReportServices.asmx." Please Any Suggestions? ...

Online Services
I recently discovered Online Services in Money 2005, and am working to get two accounts set up for use this way. I recently posted about some other issues but got those resolved (http://tinyurl.com/6j77x) Now my problem is that I'm getting duplicate transactions in at least one of the accounts. It seems that every time I open Money it's downloading transactions from Washington Mutual--even ones that have already been downloaded. In some cases, before I realized it was doing this, I didn't immediately go in and reconcile. So when opened Money again later it downloaded th...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

Information pane in an MS Word window
Hi folks, Usually when working in word, the bottom of the window pane (grey bar) conveys standard information such as the # of pages in the document, coordinates for the cursor in the document, whether or not the "Insert" buttom is in use (symbol OVR). Thank you. This is called the "status bar" and in Word 2003 and earlier, can be toggled on and off at Tools | Options | View. In Word 2007 (and presumably 2010), it is always displayed. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Na...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Use batches for bank transaction entry checks and receipts.
Why don't you implement the batch feature in the Bank Transaction Entry window? The RM Cash Receipts window has all the batch features needed in the Bank Transaction Entry window. Many clients don't like the fact of losing control over the requried "post" feature in the Bank Transaction Entry window. The clients want to use a batch to enter, save, edit, print and then post, the checks or receipts. This would really add some practical value to every Great Plains customer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggest...

Profit margin field in report
Hi Can anyone provide a copy of the Reports > Items > Price List report with a column for profit margin, calculated from the 'Cost' & 'Price' fields Many thanks Hi Jeff Many thanks for that - we don't deserve you. I don't wish to be a pest, but is there any way of having another column with PM calculated without the sales tax? i.e. derived from (price - sales tax) and cost Also can you reccommend a site or book where I can learn to edit the Active reports myself. Many thanks again "Jeff" wrote: > Connawarra, > > Try this one at...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

High volume of transaction logs when there is no mail activity
I have an Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 9 CCR mailbox cluster running on Windows Server 2003 R2 EE. I've been noticing that I get a ton of transaction logs (1MB in size) about 2 GB per day on several of my data stores. I pull up the message tracking activity for the day and I only find about 40 messages that got delivered and they are all test messages from the SCOM management pack, so they are very small in size. Does anyone know why I would get so many transaction logs when there is no activity on the mailbox server? I hate to think what happens once I actually put users o...

Setting up Server information
I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various email account types I can use as I have an email address with yahoo and msn. -- Microsoft questioning "inevitable" <inevitable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A5145-F746-40B1-B40F-48AD423E816E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server > information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various > email > account types I can use as I have an ema...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

Chart/Graph to show 3 pieces of information
(apologies - I think I'm having a bit of a mental block on this!) I have 3 columns of information that I want to be able to show in a chart; Column D - Product Name (we only have 6 dif products) Column E - Final Cost Column F - Opportunity close date I can't seem to get a graph which will show the information in a 'nice'/easy to read format. Help very gratefully received. ...

Printing separate reports
Hi, I have a query where I have number of employees. Then I have a report with data for all of them with employeeID and month. I would like to print out separate reports for all customers with one click base on the month I selected from a combo box. Can this be done? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 hi, On 01.02.2010 15:14, turks67 via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hi, I have a query where I have number of employees. Then I have a report > with data for all of them with employeeID and month. I would li...

IMC stop as well as Information Store ..Event ID 4182
For a weird reason IDK both the Information Store and the IMC stopped. Chequing the logs I see incomming emails and EVENT ID 4182. At MS site article 325939 they said there is a patch for it but not tell you where to find it. Any help is really appreciate it Thanks lmpbas Please post any and all error events from MSExchangeIS (including all information). Also please tell us version and SP level of your Exchange Server. lmpbas wrote: > For a weird reason IDK both the Information Store and the > IMC stopped. Chequing the logs I see incomming emails and > EVENT ID 4182. At M...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Get user to enter all information
I've developed a project database that works quite well - but often times users can be lax in entering all necessary data. I've got a sub routine that fires for the Form's BeforeUpdate event that can check the main form's controls - but I run into trouble with the subforms. In order to stop the user leaving the record before the information is entered, I Cancel the BeforeUpdate event...but the record must update in order to set focus to a subform. At the moment I'm using the following logic: If ControlName = 0 then MsgBox "Enter Data message" ControlName.S...

Custom Button for a Report
Thanks,Tom It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FILE) Wilfredo It might be possible, but it'd be beyond the scope of my ability at present. Good luck, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Thanks,Tom > > It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations > Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FI...

MS Money 2005 Delux Edition
I recently purchased Money 2005 Delux, I have been using Money 2000 Standard addition. When I loaded 2005 it attempted to convert my backup files but then gave me a message that the file was password protected, or the disk was write protected neither of which are so. How do I get Money 2005 to recognize and convert my previous versions files?? Open up the sample file. Then allow Money to download the most up to date update (a dialog box should be displayed). When it is all installed, then try to open you 2000 file again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org ...

Reporting across databases
How can I enable reporting across databases to render one report (vs 3 indivdual reports with calculations: total counts, avg days, total $)? Simple language, please, as I'm still a novice. Let me know if you need more info before replying. Thanks. Let's be sure we are using the correct terminology. When you say 3 databases, that means 3 mdb files. If you actually mean 3 tables in 1 mdb file, it is a different answer. If it is 3 databases, then your front end will need to link to the tables in the back end mdb files that you want to use. In either case, you will need to cons...

Edit Spell checker
how do I edit my custom dictonary, using word in office 2007 where do I find the folder or place where it is located... TY Go to Office button > Word Options > Proofing > Custom Dictionaries > Edit Word List. Use the dialog -- there's no need to find the file itself (although the Custom Dictionaries dialog will show you the file path). -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. cdonnellan wrote: > how do I edit my custom dict...

MDA to AA data migration
Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but are waiting for AA support from a 3rd party (AIT from mc2). We are considering implementing MDA for the short-term, then migrating to AA once it's supported by AIT. Mike, Currently working on a tool to do so, if you are interested in talking about it please contact me. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mike Muscarella" wrote: > Has anyone successfully migrated MDA data to AA? We want to implement AA but > are waiting fo...

information store move in exchange 2003
I have taken over a small companies IT duties as there guy is now sick. I have exchange 2003 on a 6 gig partition and it's currently full (325 meg free). I was thinking of create a new partition on the same server and moving the information store and transaction logs to that partition. Can I just change the first storage group prosperities to the new location or is there another way. Thanks for any help that you can provide. A Thats it, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/821915 -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner &quo...