Including Images in Excel Report Builder

We have a client that is attaching jpgs to the item maintenance window in GP
and they want an Excel Report Builder report of each inventory item along
with its image. It seems that the file name is stored in hex format. Is it
possible to include a reference to the image location in an Excel Report
Builder report, so the report can include the image inside of Excel?

Thanks

Is it possible to view Excel split screen by tab within same file
I would like to view split screen tabs within the same Excel workbook. Is this possible? Hi SS. Go to Window - Arrange - and select the view you would like. It shows all tabs. Minimize or close the ones you don't want. I find the vertical view the easiest to use. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "SS" wrote: > I would like to view split screen tabs within the same Excel workbook. Is > this possible? Window|new window Window|Arrange (horizontal/vertical/whatever you want) Check windows of activeworkbook (if you only want that one workbook) You'll see som...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Converting from Pockect Excel to Excel XP
I setup a mileage sheet for my Pocket PC which has Pocket PC 2003 that came with Pocket Excel. When I formated the sheet some of the cells have boarders and others do not. There are a few cells that are irregular from the others, for example Column B3 - B34 all have a full boarder then in Column C the full border extends down all the way down to C35, there is then additional data with just a bottom boarder on D38. This leaves Cell A34-A38 with out any data or boarders at all and this is exactly how it locks on the Pocket PC. How ever when I transfer the excel file to my Home Computer...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

Opening images in another program on click?
Hello, I have a form with an image that updates depending on what a user selects from a combo box. eg. If user selects 1, image1 will show, user selects 45, image 45 shows, etc. We've recently changed some of the pictures but have kept the naming understandable. ie. image1A, image1B, image1C... Users wanted to be able to zoom in, so I had the image open up in a new window when it is clicked. However, this leaves no room to navigate. Users wanted to be able to access the old images as well. eg. image1C opens, but they want to be able to go back to image1B or image1A. T...

Coloring cells using VBA in excel
I have drop downs on some cells - i have the code below that is meant to color the drop down cell once set by the user - which i does. However, I want to be able to 'reset' all my drop downs to 'blank' and clear the exisiting colorising - I have been using -Range("B4:J33").Value = ""- to clear the cells, but that triggers an error in the colorising code below - I get a runtime error 13 that points to the first Case "Dan" statement Any help on achiving my aim would be great. Thanks Code below Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal ...

I need 5 conditional formatting rules-excel only allows 3
Im trying to set a sheet of fixed numbers (120) and need to have the chart highlight the numbers that match the five random numbers selected. Conditional formatting would work if it would let me use 5 rules but it only lets me use up to 3. I'm trying to highlight all the chart and then make rules to highlight in orange if any cell in the chart matches the numbers I input in each if the 5 cells at the top of the page. Any suggestions? Thanks David The next version of XL will permit you all you want, but until then, check out this link: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.D...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

IP address sorting in excel
I am looking to sort IP address's in excel not being the best excel user is ther an easy way to do this? the format fot those of you who might not be familar it is a range of numbers from 192.168.3.1-192.168.3.254 . I would lik for it to give me the address in a numericle order. Any suggestions? You can find a bunch of suggestions by searching the archives (use "IP Sort," without quotes, as a key): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* David McRitchie has an excellent suggestion here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorttcp.htm In ...

Excel 2003 will not open
I can not open my excel spreadsheets on my Gateway portable - this problem just started- student & teacher edition From where are you trying to open them and how? Double-click on a file? What happens when you try? Nothing? Error message? Excel opens but no file with it? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:35:02 -0800, "leadr" <leadr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not open my excel spreadsheets on my Gateway portable - this problem >just started- student & teacher edition "Gord Dibben" wrote: > From where are you ...

Retrieve deleted excel document
Is there a way to retrieve a spreadsheet that have been overwritten? Thanks Johnson, David wrote... >Is there a way to retrieve a spreadsheet that have been overwritten? Only from backups, so I guess the short answer is no. David, not if it has been saved, if not saved just close the workbook and open it back up, if it has been saved do you have a backup? maybe on a disk, copy on an e-mail, backed up on a network server.... -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is al...

Changing Image Boundary
Hi. In my last version on Publisher (it was 97) there was a handy little tool that took an image (I used it on jpg images) and when you selected the image and pushed the button it changed the boundary of the image to fit it exactly -- meaning if it was a small, odd shaped object that was shown in a square, it would re-adjust to have the image boundaries exactly the size of the image. This is kind of hard to explain. Anyway, I see the tool in 2002, it is the Edit Irregular Wrap button however, you have to manually adjust and resize the outline. The other way was soooo much easier. I'm ...

Excel 2000 does not filter well
Hello All: I am finding out that Excel 2000 is not doing a good job with filters when it comes to cells with large amounts of text. I just wanted to see if this is others' experience as well, not me doing something wrong. Comments appreciated. Deguza I'm assuming youre using AutoFilter. This will only display 1000 different entries in the drop down list, although it will filter the whole column of what can be seen. Advanced Filter is an option, Look here on Debra Dalgleish's site, she is the expert on this subject, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards, Alan...

Pasting from excel to access
! have 3 columns I want to paste into an access table. A1:C3 and rows 1 to 100. Is it possible to run excel and have a macro to open an access table and then select the area and paste? Jay Not quite sure of your range reference A1:C3 and then some rows? But is you go into access and select File>Get external data>link tables, you can link the table into access, you can then build a query in access to get the data in -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jay" <libertysmith@blessa.com> wrote in message ne...

Email activities should let us integrate images
Following the cases support team request's, most of the support calls comes in as email with a print screen of the problem. We want to be able to document the case by simply promoting the email in CRM attach it to the case and be able to still view the image that was sent. we are using crm 3.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

Exporting from Excel
Hello, I am working with some text files created in DOS that are in a space delimited format. I am trying to import the file into Excel, perform updates and then export back to a text file. Importing is no problem. Making the updates has been no problem. What has caused me problems is the 'save as' portion of the process. I have chosen .prn for a space delimited file but am having trouble formatting the worksheet so that the text displays correctly (one space between columns). Does anyone have any advice? Tom, "Space delimited" is a misnomer. It's really &q...

Excel and Quatro
I have just purchased a new computer that has the Word Perfect software installed. Within the Word Perfect is the Quatro application for spreadsheets. I have a bunch of folders containing previous work on Excel. Nothing will open on Quatro. How can I convert those files or download a conversion file to work on these folders? ...

formulas in excel #3
Hi I have a column of numbers between 0 and 150. If the value is between 2 amounts say 0 and 22 then i want it to return with a value that i set. If its between 23 and 28 then return a different value. And so on up to 150. Is it possible to do this? Thanks If 7 or less try this idea starting with the higher numbers first, as shown here. If more, look in HELP index for VLOOKUP =IF(C3>120,1,IF(C3>100,2,IF(C3>80,3))) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "gaynie" <gaynie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBED06F0-047F-4373-A531-D2E6C6...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

how do I sort by picked-up date in Excel
I am a novice working in Excel. I am trying to start a new sheet and transferring information from the previous month. I only need the information on the equipment that has not been picked-up without having to redo a whole new document. Hi, I assume you have a column where you enter the date on what the item was picked up, if that is correct, apply filter to that column and select the blank cells, then highlight all the information you get, press CTRL + G, special, visible cells only, press CTRL + C, go to the sheet where you want to copy the information, press CTRL + V &q...

how do you make a summary page showing the workbook name with the excel sheet names
How do you make a summary page which would have the bookbook name as the folder and the excel sheets listed under, so that when you look up your file you get the folder (workbook name) and then the sheets are under and you can click on any to open. -- carole ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34643 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544354 I have home-made XLA that should help: http://cjoint.com/?fwqZQdNgus It is not protected: you ca...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Excel should form a bell curve graph from one series of data
I would like to form a bell curve from a given set of 641 numbers. I believe there should be a function in excel that will calculate the mean and standard deviation from the given series and present everything on the bell curve. I have already calculated the mean and stan. dev. but do not know how to present it all without a manual drawing. See Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <AF52AA96-E8...

Excel Row/Column Merge
Hello I have searched Excel help but I cannot find a way of merging several rows in an excel spreadsheet. I was given 15 separate sheets with group lists, some of the people on group 1 also take part in up to four other groups. My spreadsheet is set up as follows Column A contains first name Column B Surname Column C Section Then Columns D - S my various groups So Tom Jones may have appear on rows 1 - 5 with one entry in each of columns D F G K M I now need to merge the names so that Tom Jones instead of having five rows only appears on one row and transfer all the entries for his groups...

M06 monthly report failure
Whenever I try to run a monthly report, Money suffers a hard crash at the point when it's "Calculating the value of my assets and liabilities". A box appears on the page that says "To view the reports your accounts must contain transactions." and it suggests I connect to my bank to download some. Then the Microsoft Money Error Reporting box pops up and says "We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experience an internal error and will have to restart.". After clicking "tell" or "don't tell", Money closes and reopens. Has anyone ...