inactivating an employee causes an error message

I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad
I get this error message:
"you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost
transaction"
I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not
know how to go about and correct the question.  The help is legendary
Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue.
Can somebody tell me please where to look?
Thanks
ZA
0
ZA1 (4)

"ZA" wrote:

> I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad
> I get this error message:
> "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost
> transaction"
> I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not
> know how to go about and correct the question.  The help is legendary
> Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue.
> Can somebody tell me please where to look?
> Thanks
> ZA
0
ZA1 (4)
9/4/2008 7:32:01 PM
This sounds like a project accounting table (costing of project with labor
costs) of some sort whether it is GP's, Marcil's, Wennsoft or another
Project/costing table or possibly a Manufacturing table.

I would think this is likely Microsoft's GP's PA.  Perhaps a dexsql.log of
the exact time of when you click "Delete" would show you what is running to
get the error message...and what table it is encountering upon running that
stored procedure.

Best of luck with this.  I am curious on what you find out.   Please let me
know.

Best regards

"ZA" wrote:

> "ZA" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad
> > I get this error message:
> > "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost
> > transaction"
> > I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not
> > know how to go about and correct the question.  The help is legendary
> > Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue.
> > Can somebody tell me please where to look?
> > Thanks
> > ZA
0
AdamEckroth (110)
9/5/2008 3:38:05 AM
You are right, Adam. This is due to any unfinished PA Employee Expense record
for that particular Employee, which may be a Single Transaction or in a Batch.

ZA, please check whether for that Employee, you have any Employee Expense
record (Single Trx or Batch). In that case, take appropriate action on that,
either you may want to post it or to delete it.

Before I forget, this is due to GP's Project Accounting.

--
Regards,
Vaidy

"Adam Eckroth" wrote:

> This sounds like a project accounting table (costing of project with labor
> costs) of some sort whether it is GP's, Marcil's, Wennsoft or another
> Project/costing table or possibly a Manufacturing table.
>
> I would think this is likely Microsoft's GP's PA.  Perhaps a dexsql.log of
> the exact time of when you click "Delete" would show you what is running to
> get the error message...and what table it is encountering upon running that
> stored procedure.
>
> Best of luck with this.  I am curious on what you find out.   Please let me
> know.
>
> Best regards
>

> "ZA" wrote:
>

> > "ZA" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad
> > > I get this error message:
> > > "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost
> > > transaction"
> > > I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not
> > > know how to go about and correct the question.  The help is legendary
> > > Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue.
> > > Can somebody tell me please where to look?
> > > Thanks
> > > ZA
0
Vaidy (155)

Outlook automatically sends blank message responses
Not sure what is causing this, but we have to manually send emails to make sure blank messages aren't sent out in response to messages we receive. Not all messages generate the automatic blank responses and it doesn't seem to tie to specific kinds of email sender's accounts (hotmail, business firms, etc..). The message tracking option is turned off and I've tried reloading Outlook. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions? Do you have some more background info on this? Which method causes the blank responses and how would you define "manually ...

Loging into Manager or POS module with this error code
Newsgroup Support Team: I have this problem occurred several times sporadically, and the way I have resolve it, it has being by un-installing both RMS and SQL DB, and then re-installing it. But one thing for sure, is that when the problem occurs, the error message is consistent period. The error box is displayed as: Error box title = Store Operations Manger <or> Microsoft Store Operations POS Error text = Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface Then, I click on the [OK] bottom and a 2nd error message is displayed: Error box title = Store ...

Unspecified Automation Error
Hi, I'm currently using Office 2000 Pro and i wrote some macros fo converting data taken from a ms access table into a .txt file an others. They worked just fine but i decided to upgrade my XP Os wit SP2 and all of the sudden none of my coded macros work! I believe i the SP2 because they still work on other computers. Help -- _Yoyo ...

CRM3 Client installation error outlook not recognised!
Hi, I have installed the latest version of CRM Outlook Client on many pc's, one installation however is failing to recognise Outlook 2007. Error: setup failed to determine whether a supported version of Microsoft Outlook is installed. 09:48:50|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate Microsoft Outlook� 09:48:50|Verbose| Calling BaseGroup.Validate 09:48:50| Error| CRegKey:Open failed.(error = 5) (util.cpp:GetRegKeyValue:236). 09:48:50| Error| Check OutlookInstallationValidator : Failure: Setup failed to determine whether a supported version...

Error Loging Into GP 8.0
Hi, We had upgraded most of the GP 7.0 companies to GP 8.0. Everything went well and I could login to all the companies in Version 8.0. But today when I tried to upgrade one more company from GP 7.0 which was not upgraded in the first place, I got an error message 'Error registering table IV_Price_Level_SETP'. After that when I try to login to any of the previously upgraded companies, system is not allowing me to login and it says ‘Error registering table syExtPricingInstalled’. Can you please help me on this? Regards, Anilson Hi This issue should of be solved in...

message headers
I do not see message headers anymore on email. I like to know were it has come from. How do I locate this please? Where don't you see the headers? They should show above a message opened in its own window, or at the top of the Preview Pane. Or do you mean the column headers? View | Columns. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Edow3n" <Edow3n@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF7F2617-17A6-4A17-83AB-B510B656C5DD@microsoft.com... >I do not see message headers anymore on email. I like to know were ...

Account needs to read all messages in EVERY MB
To clarify: I need to know the minimal permissions necessary for an account to be able to open any mailbox at any time (via Outlook) and ONLY read the messages in the boxes. It's for our wonderful security team. Will View Only Admin do the trick? I'm thinking not... If you need more info, please say so, but I think this gets to the point. It will need Send As/Receive As permissions on the mail store. Sort of a liability. . . "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D72A856A-E322-48DB-BC95-CA7ABFF1B63C@microsoft.com... > To clarify: I nee...

Error in shortcuts on Outlook 2003 startup
Everytime I start Outlook 2003 I get: "An error occured in the folder shortcuts file (.fav). Outlook will recreate the default folder shortcuts." I have searched for a solution to this in both the KB and on most of the tech sites. The only references I can find are to start Windows in safe mode, delete the .fav file then start Outlook. I've tried safe mode and restart. No luck. There IS no .fav file in any folder anywhere on my system (yes, I've looked in hidden/system folders). I even tried creating a 0-byte file with the name of my profile. No effect. I've tr...

Looking for excel template to log daily/weekly employee activities
I am looking to track daily/weekly activites of my employees with excel/pivot. Have been searching mainly for freeware but have not found anything. Am looking to list name, date, kind of activity, positive/negative, action item etc. - Is there something like this? The more employees, the harder it gets to keep mental track of a specific worker (things he has done good or bad) - Hence, a 'Employee Chronicle' template is what I am looking for. Thank You ...

Runtime Error 2115
I am working in Access 2002. I have a form with a combo box that is populated with a single field from a table. I have code written in the click event to have a series of textboxes populated with the data from other fields of the same record that is selected in the combo box. However, when I select a customer name from the combobox I get a 2115 runtime error. I have not written any code or assigned any property settings to the AfterUpdate event. How can I get past this error and have the text boxes populated? TIA dave You've landed in a Macintosh group, and we don't have ...

attached error message for my last post
sorry i should have added this Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Have you recently installed anti-virus/anti-spam software? Some such products can cause this problem. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "bo sherman" <kgalvin333@comcast....

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

CTreeCtrl, CDialogBar, MDI application, and messages
I have an MFC application (MDI based) with a CDialogBar-derived class (CLeftBar) and on it is a CTreeCtrl. The CLeftBar is drawn in CMainFrame (which I am assuming is the 'core' of the program). Since I want all the data and controlling to be done froma central place, and CMainFrame looks to be where I want it, how to I get the messages from the CTreeCtrl to CLeftBar passed to CMainFrame? This seems like the most logical way to handle it, as doubleclicks on branches on the tree will spawn new view windows. jorj Jordon Hofer wrote: > I have an MFC application (MDI based) with ...

How to get CC: properties of messages in AppleScript

OL 2002 Error Message
Please help. Using Outlook 2002, Win XP Pro, Norton System Works, have 2 problems, and don't know if they are related to one another, and dont' know how to fix. I continually get the following Error Message. I have one e-mail account, and made the the recommended changes in the following article hoping it would resolve. BEFORE the changes I received up to 30 duplicates of EACH e-mail. The changes have not corrected my Error Message or Duplicate mail. The mail stays on the server even tho my settings are to NOT leave on server? Error Message: (0x800CCC90) Your Incoming (POP3) E-Mail...

code error 80048823
hi i have tried every thing to fix it reset my password but i wont work and i dont have a alternate email adress option can you please help mee and i tried looking at all solution i stiil aint workink helpp please ... ...

Converting Employee Stock Options after company merger
Hi there. My company was recently amalgamated with a competitor. My Employee Stock Options were converted to Options of the other company's stock, and my company's stock is no longer trading. The vesting schedule reamins the same, but the strike price and number of optisn have changed. Of course, I was tracking my ESOs in MS Money (2003) for several years, so the shares went along on their vesting schedule, etc. Is there any easy way in MS Money (2003) to modify my holdings from the former company to the new company, while doing the price and holding conversions? Thanks ...

How do I set rule to eliminate duplicate incoming messages
I'm receiving multiple copies of the same incoming email. How do I fix this problem? better to find out why you're receiving dups...how is your Outlook profile configured? if you look at the header information, do they actually have the same message ID? do you receive dups of every message, or just some? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Paul Kerbrat" <Paul Kerbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:938D8B15-B900-449F-9CF3-FCEE681B90E6@microsoft.com... > I'm receiving multiple copies of the same incoming email. How do I fix > this > proble...

OWA Admin Server Error
I received the following error after installation of OWA Admin. I've never been able to access it. What do I have to change? Access denied to 'C:\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration\'. Failed to start monitoring file changes. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Access denied to 'C:\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration\'. Failed to start monito...

Inactivating Vendors
Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, the status cant be changed to inactive. I have checked and the 2 PO's are closed, and there are no open receivings. What do I have to do to inactivate this vendor? thanks! -- Doug You have to run the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process (Tools-Routines-Purchasing) in order to move closed or cancelled purchase orders to history as long as you are keeping PO history. "Doug" wrote: > Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: > &g...

How to handle @@error=1785
I'm trying to add a FK constraint to a table and get error 1785 " Introducing FOREIGN KEY constraint 'fk_blah' on table my_table' may cause cycles or multiple cascade paths. Specify ON DELETE NO ACTION or ON UPDATE NO ACTION, or modify other FOREIGN KEY constraints. " I've tried put the alter table statement in a tran and roll it back if @@error=1785 but I still get the error. Not sure if there is any way to handle this. If there was it would be good because I've actually got 100 similar alter table statements to be run in and my list stops at the f...

Message box when DOB meets certain criteria
Hi all, I am a relative novice to the ways of Access, I am currently setting up a database in Access 2003. I have a form field (DOB) that if the date of birth entered makes the person between 2 and 16 years old I would like a message box to appear notifying the user (and be able to turn it off). Similarly if an existing record is opened and a child has it's second birthday I would also like the message to appear.. .I have posted a similar request and have got thus far: Private Sub DOB_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DateAdd("yyyy", 2, [DOB]) > Date Or Date...

Frx Error Message #2
Adding FRx 6.7 to a new computer after installing MBS GP 8.0 & SP2. Error message "FRx Document Image Writer failed. Error 2" received twice when installing FRx 6.7. Install program proceeded and finished. Went ahead and ran FRx 6.7 SP3 and it installed with no errors. Operating system is Win XP Professional SP2. Any ideas on what error message means and resolving any problem? Thanks! FRx Document Image Writer is a customized version of the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer. We use it for printing and previewing of report books in FRx Report Manager. I'm ...

Timesheet approvals based on project manager and not employee manager
Our project teams are very dynamic and employees work with different project managers. We submit one timesheet per project and would like the timesheet to be routed to the project manager defined on project card for approval instead of employee manager defined in PDK. this is great plains 9.0. can anyone suggest how this can be done. ...

Repetitive sent messages
Several times I have forwarded interesting attachments of pictures and they have been sent to the receipients SEVERAL DOZEN TIMES! Very unhappy friends! Why does this happen? I would run the inbox repair tool and send something via webmail to determine if it is outlook or the server causing this problem "Ron M" <rmurdock(removethis)@whidbey.com> wrote in message news:284B0456-2680-4BA4-84D3-80BE0E49ECCD@microsoft.com... > Several times I have forwarded interesting attachments of pictures and they have been sent to the receipients SEVERAL DOZEN TIMES! Very unhappy friend...