importing lot expiration dates

Hello:

A client of ours is upgrading from GP 9.0 to 10.0, because 10.0 offers the
ability to relieve inventory based on lot number expiration dates.  All well
and good.

Now, in 9.0, the client has many items that have already been received into
GP.  But, at the time that they were received, they did not enter the lot
number expiration dates.  Therefore, even after the client upgrades, these
items will not be relieved based on expiration date.

Is it "safe" to update SQL on the back-end with these lot expiration dates
perhaps through the IV30400 table?  We're trying to figure out a way to get
these expiration dates retroactively applied to items that have already been
entered and received in.  (Aside from that, lot number expiration dates can
only be entered by entry into either Inventory Adjustments or purchasing
receipts.)

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Child,

You probably have more than one table to perform these updates:

IV00300
IV10002
IV10302
IV30400
SOP10103
SOP10201
SOP30201
POP10330
POP30330

Now, if you will not have any open SOP, POP, and/or IV documents for the
upgrade, then you will be looking at the IV30400 and IV00300 tables to run
your script.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> A client of ours is upgrading from GP 9.0 to 10.0, because 10.0 offers the
> ability to relieve inventory based on lot number expiration dates.  All well
> and good.
>
> Now, in 9.0, the client has many items that have already been received into
> GP.  But, at the time that they were received, they did not enter the lot
> number expiration dates.  Therefore, even after the client upgrades, these
> items will not be relieved based on expiration date.
>
> Is it "safe" to update SQL on the back-end with these lot expiration dates
> perhaps through the IV30400 table?  We're trying to figure out a way to get
> these expiration dates retroactively applied to items that have already been
> entered and received in.  (Aside from that, lot number expiration dates can
> only be entered by entry into either Inventory Adjustments or purchasing
> receipts.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

SumProduct using Date Range
I need to sum a values using multiple criteria and a date range. Example - I need to sum the total amount of all investors that have an "N" in the n/e column, are in a specified region, in a specified fund, and are between the dates of 2/1/2010 through 3/1/10. Can't seem to get this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated. n/e Inv Date Investors Amount Fund Region E 2/1/2010 Client 1 $250,000 1 Asia E 2/1/2010 Client 2 $20,000 2 North America N 2/1/2010 Client 3 $14,000 4 North America N 2/1/2...

excel 97 xml import

Investmnet transactions by tx date vs. settlement date?
When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more). Is there a way to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather than the date the trade settles? In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote: >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon >the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes s...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

Importing a CSV file

can scheduled start date and actual start date be different
i have made my plan with scheduled start date now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from scheduled start date then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date can actual start date and scheduled start date be different? if yes, how? On Jan 13, 2:28=A0pm, parag <pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have made my plan with scheduled start date > now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from > scheduled start date > then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Converting dates into their respective fiscal quarters
Hi All, I have gotten this formula thru the help of someone. It converts dates into their respective fiscal quarters. The formula is: ="Q"&INDEX({4;1;2;3},INT((MONTH(A2)+2)/3)) However, this formula uses a fiscal year which starts on April 1st. I need the formula to start on 1st Nov as its start of a fiscal year. Can anyone advice on this, thanks. I find this formula easy to modify: ="FY"&YEAR(A1)-(MONTH(A1)<11)&"--Q"&INT(1+MOD(MONTH(A1)-11,12)/3) November 1, 2007 is quarter 1 of 2007? Tan wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have got...

Getting my chart to display dates
i have two different values that i am charting on a scatter plot; projected value and actual value for each month. I want my X axis to be the months. For some reason when I go to format the axis it is showing the dates as the number code and is givng me no option to show each month. i can use the number code and set a maximum and minimum date but when i set a 30 day increment it duplicates a month over a long period of time. How do I get the axis to recognize that those are days and chart th value for each month? I want all the months to be displayed on the x axis. I hope this ma...

Date Formats-Weeks in Date No
Good morning, I have a graph that runs from a query. Recipients of a group wanted data shown in weeks so I entered: Week No: (Format([DateIR],"ww"" '""yy")) Results were: 1 '07; 2 '07; 3 '07 etc. They would like to see the 'week period' i.e. 'Jan 1-Jan 6' say, rather than the 'week number'. Can someone please advise me how you enter it to get the this information. The graph runs by week for the whole year. Thank you, IEJ Good morning, Thank you. I'll give it a try and see if it works. Regards, IEJ "KA...

importing email

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Transfering a Date into a day of the week.
I have a row with dates (01-Apr-2005 to 31-Oct_2004) I am trying to figure out the day of the week in the row next to the date. I would appreciated any help you can provide. Donne ...

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...