Importing JEs through the Table Import

Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
Christina (58)

If you have access to table import you must also own integration manager.
either way, yes, you can import transactions.  please give me a call at
214-373-8550 and we can walk through the process.

Leslie

"Christina" wrote:

> Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
LeslieVail (702)
5/11/2006 4:49:02 PM
You can use Table Import but Integration Manager is much, much easier to use.
If you can use Table Import, you own Integration Manager. It may not be
installed on your computer, though.

Once you start IM, there are two sample integrations for GL journal entries.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Christina" wrote:

> Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
callen (2505)
5/12/2006 2:26:01 AM
I don't believe we have integration manager. I am able to open table import
through tools on the menu bar and then selecting table import.  If I have
access to this should I also have access to integration manager?

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> If you have access to table import you must also own integration manager.
> either way, yes, you can import transactions.  please give me a call at
> 214-373-8550 and we can walk through the process.
>
> Leslie
>
> "Christina" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> > accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
Christina (58)
5/12/2006 12:39:01 PM
You need to import the GL Transaction (GL10000), GL Transactions
Work(GL10001) and the Batch Activity (SY00800).  You can skip the SY00800 if
you run check links on the GL Activity.  The Dynamics SDK outlines a sample
import process.

"Christina" wrote:

> Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
I am trying to figure this out too. My client says that they have done it
before without using Integration Manager and would like to do it the same
way. I feel like I have read every piece of documentation on this and still
don't completely get it.

Can anyone provide directions or a link on how to do this without using
Integration Manager?

"Christina" wrote:

> Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
Paige (27)
5/17/2006 4:49:01 PM
The Dynamics SDK is on Volume 2 for version 9.  The installer is under
\\tools\sdk.  The SDK shows you how to lay out the SY00800, GL10000 and
GL10001.  There are sample data files shown in the SDK.  You do not need
Integration Manager to accomplish this task.

"Paige" wrote:

> I am trying to figure this out too. My client says that they have done it
> before without using Integration Manager and would like to do it the same
> way. I feel like I have read every piece of documentation on this and still
> don't completely get it.
>
> Can anyone provide directions or a link on how to do this without using
> Integration Manager?
>
> "Christina" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> > accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
Dan, Thanks. I have read this but can't figure out what to do once I have the
files laid out. I assume that I import each separately. If so, in what order.
I hate the fact that they don't want to use IM but I have checked and they do
have to purchase it separately.

"Dan Shepherd" wrote:

> The Dynamics SDK is on Volume 2 for version 9.  The installer is under
> \\tools\sdk.  The SDK shows you how to lay out the SY00800, GL10000 and
> GL10001.  There are sample data files shown in the SDK.  You do not need
> Integration Manager to accomplish this task.
>
> "Paige" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to figure this out too. My client says that they have done it
> > before without using Integration Manager and would like to do it the same
> > way. I feel like I have read every piece of documentation on this and still
> > don't completely get it.
> >
> > Can anyone provide directions or a link on how to do this without using
> > Integration Manager?
> >
> > "Christina" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> > > accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
Paige (27)
5/18/2006 1:51:02 AM
Christina,

The answer is yes, if you have access to Table Import you most likely own
integration manager. Integration Manager is a separate installation and has
to be installed before your access will show up.  It is not written in
Dexterity (I think it's a VB app) but is available for installation from CD
1.  There are separate registration keys for integration manager.

"Christina" wrote:

> I don't believe we have integration manager. I am able to open table import
> through tools on the menu bar and then selecting table import.  If I have
> access to this should I also have access to integration manager?
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > If you have access to table import you must also own integration manager.
> > either way, yes, you can import transactions.  please give me a call at
> > 214-373-8550 and we can walk through the process.
> >
> > Leslie
> >
> > "Christina" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this
> > > accomplished? Please help!  Thank you!
0
LeslieVail (702)

importing Data from access #2
I have been attempting to create a reservation planning form in excel that imports Data from an Access database and inserts that information automaticly into the correct spreed sheet and the correct cells within that worksheet. The Excel Book is made up of 12 worksheets named Jan-Dec. Each worksheet has columns labeled as each day of that month. Column 'A' is reserved for 19 rows named "room1 - room19". The data I am importing from the data base is " start date", "end date" and "room number". I am also importing " surname" which i have ...

Importing into Oulook beta
Had backup installed on outlook 2003. This transferred to Outlook Beta fine when I transferred. Used it to back-up all Outlook files. Have just re-formatted. Now........ 1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that Outlook isn't found on my computer. 2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up and after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only redemable using system restore. I want to get my folders, mail and settings back. Any ideas? Nick NOTTNICK <nmm457@bellows.org.uk.nospam> wrote: > Now........ > ...

Word 2007, fonts in tables will not change from body copy style
Creating a custom table in Word 2007, attempting to change the table (via modify table style) to have different font from the body copy of the document (Arial) results in no change to the tables fonts. Any ideas? ...

Importing Campaign Responses Data in row did not match the import
We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the bulk import wizard. We receive the errors: Reason: Data in row did not match the import type Reason ID: 0x8004032d Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies? Thanks Hi, It is very difficult to help you with just this information. We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details. Following URL may be helpful to you. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.msp...

How import MSWorks spreadsheet to Excel
I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? No, they can't talk to each other. It's a Microsoft marketing issue, they don't want Works to compete with Office, so you have to do a "save as" in Works. "BillAtt" wrote: > I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I > can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? Thank you; I think that will help me. "dlw" wrot...

Item Import in MS POS
Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) thanks, Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this. It's in the manager application - the help guide will give you addl info on this. "Sachafav" wrote: > Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) > > thanks, > ...

Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?
I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0. I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..." -- Regards Gjermund Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import the PST files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in messag...

Recurring Meetings Imported from Domino
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C583A2.DFFFC8B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Background: Users were migrated from Domino R5 to Exchange 2003 SP1. Problem: When users cancel a recurring meeting that was created in = Domino and imported into Exchange each listed attendee receives multiple = copies of the cancellation, somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 copies. = This behavior is limited to meetings that were imported from Domino. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why th...

Import Historical Stock Data from Yahoo-Finance
For a long time I thought this was not possible, but I just read a post recently that makes me think that this probably IS possible. Is there a way to import data from finance.yahoo.com, into a table, if you store all stock symbols in a table, and put beginning and ending date in a form (in a couple of TextBoxes)? I know how to do this in Excel, with all stock tickers in a row, like row 4 (or whatever), and all the dates going in descending order in Column A, and each security’s historical prices under the symbols (which are in row 4, for instance). The problem in Access i...

How can I use VBA to load the text attributes of a set of shapes in a Visio drawing, using the text strings from cells in a Word file's table? I have a diagram with a long list of test boxes (around the perimeter of a drawing). I would like to number the text boxes (as part of the shape name?) and then use a macro to get text strings for each text box from a Word file. The Visio drawing is an embedded object in the Word file itself, so possibly there is a "parent" relationship that would allow me to get the text strings without having to know the exact name and path o...

please suggest....pivot table not getting created
Hi.. i have posted the same in progrmaming section also... ia mworking on this and unable to resolve a already running macro is giving sucha problem..any help would be higly appreciated. I am creating a pivot table in a new sheet. and now the pivot table in the new sheet is not getting created somehow (#$%^&) and its processing on thesame sheet from whihc it has to take pivot values and gives a error "do u want to replace of destination cells in RawData?" here is the piece of code where i create a pivot table in a new sheet. the new sheet gets created but somehow the p...

Importing SunOne Calendar Events?
Anyone have luck importing SunOne Calendar items? Our method seems to import them but then they end up with features greyed out if you want to modify them. Thanks ...

Import into Word
We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like to import this into Word to use as a template. Can anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much, z In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the unnecessary background. Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

Bulk Import of Contacts #2
Urgent!! We have a requirement to automatically map Accounts information with Contacts . Import the mapped data into CRM system using the Bulk Import Tool. As per CRM, we can not import contact and associate to an account automatically using CRM's bulk data import tool. ParentCompanyId field is a GUID and we are trying to associate the Text to that field. If we want to use CRM's bulk import tool, we need to import contact first, and then import account, then associate them manually. And we have thousands of records. Hello Faiz, It sounds like you are using version 3.0, correct...

Shading Rows and/or Columns in an Excel Table
I created a financial table with interest rates on the first row an time periods on the first column. For each combination of interest rat and time period, I've computed a future value factor. What I'd like t do is this - when I click on a certain interest rate, the column for i will change to a different color, and when I click on a certain period the row for it will change to the same color. It will then be easier t locate the future value factor - one that lies in the intersection o the highlighted row and column. Thanks in advance for your help -- Nerdzo ------------------------...

Importing
Good morning I have a tall order and your help would be much appreciated. I always have problems with Ranges properties etc but have got by from finding solutions from the many excellent replies here particularly when it comes to VBA and Macro's. However I now seem to have a problem in finding a suitable solution butif you don't ask ... I have a workbook with several sheets with named employees. At the end of each month I get sent a workbook with details of time spent by each employee on different tasks. Their names appear on the top cell with all their expense details listed below. ...

Control pasted/imported data to use only ODD or EVEN rows
I want to move data from access 2000 to excel I want to paste or import. May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows, the the second paste to use even rows? I have spit data in access queries so I can use two pastes,exports. I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns The data in each paste will have identical columns and information. example; Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) If you have a s...

Import
Can you import from quicken 2004 to money 2004 not so much 'import' as 'convert' although some classifications will be lost. Try it with a Trial copy of Money first. <dinadale@iwon.com> wrote in message news:010001c3b51a$08d0baa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can you import from quicken 2004 to money 2004 M04 cannot upgrade a Q04 file since it came out first and is not clairvoyant about unreleased Quicken file formats. It can upgrade Q03 and earlier. M05 will likely upgrade Q04 and earlier, if the past is any predictor of the future. There is always QIF export/import but ...

Importing Outlook Express files
Seems like it should be simple, but unfortunately not obvious. Before reformatting my hard drive, somehow my Outlook files were saved as Outlook Express files. I now have about 10 different Outlook Express files. They look ok, but I can't seem to be able to convert or import them to Outlook. They seem to be unreadable with Outlook Express also. ...

importing numbers as text
I have a .csv file containing numbers with leading zeros. When I open that file in excel, I lose all the leading zeros and I cannot switch the cell format to text to save them because they are lost immediatly upon opening the file. How do I get excel to not drop the leading zeros? You could format the cells (whole column) after you've imported it or you could rename the .csv file to .txt and you'll see the text to columns wizard--where you can specify text. caleb wrote: > > I have a .csv file containing numbers with leading zeros. > When I open that file in excel, I...

Importing Products #2
As a reseller I have many products from various suppliers. I now have these in my product catalogue. I periodically receive updated price list, some each quarter some every 6 months. With the new price list some items remain the same, some have a price increase other a decrease. The increase is typically not a certain percentage across the board. Understand that I have thousands of products in my catalogue. The question is how can I import these and if there is any change re-write the same product with the new price. The product ID and decription remain the same. In CRM 3.0 (I am using...

Importing Crystal Reports in Great Plains #2
Is it possible to import Crystal reports into Great Plains? ...

Importing Data #3
Good Morning everybody just I would like to ask, How could I import a data from multiple column in an excel sheet to other single column without being any of those imported data duplicated.... PLS HELP ME URGENTLY -- Best Regards Mohamed Hadoka Sphinx Shipping Agency IT Manager & Shipping Excutive Email : Hadoka@gmail.com Msn Messenger : Hadoka@msn.com Yahoo ID : Hadoka1982 ...

Using form to add record to table where records are limited by lis
Hi all... Bit hard to explain what I am doing here but I'll have a go :-) In Excel if I want to limit the number of records shown in rows I apply a filter for example to col1 which reduces all remaining cols. Then filter on col2 to reduce further etc etc until I have only a few records left to look at. I want to do this in access on a form BUT... I want to create a table of records that has an ID, Date stamp, a part number, qty I want this table to get its information from a form. I want the form to use a master table which includes the "part number" from above but where ...

How to find all tables and fields using max lengths in the database?
How do I find out (or list all tables and corresponding fields) that uses maximum/sql server default values whenever the objects are created in a particular database. For ex. If someone has created a user object with field name for ex. First Name with SQL Server default i.e. varchar(256) vs using varchar(50). How do I get all the filed names in the database like these? I don't exactly understand your question, but I think you're trying to get to data you can extract from INFORMATIONSCHEMA.COLUMNS... SELECT * FROM information_schema.columns -Eric Isaacs > For ex. ...