Import GL accounts

I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to
setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can
somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht
the basic minimum requirements.

or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl
accounts?

"Michael@nyresume.com" wrote:

> I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to
> setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can
> somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht
> the basic minimum requirements.
I assume you are using Integration Manager. When you select the destination
of "accounts", double click on it, and select the FIELDS tab. This shows all
of the fields that could be imported. When you set up the mapping, you can
then match what Excel column that data is in, or accept the default.

"Michael@nyresume.com" wrote:

> or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl
> accounts?
>
> "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote:
>
> > I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to
> > setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can
> > somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht
> > the basic minimum requirements.
0
BobHarrison (192)
2/11/2009 11:01:01 PM
You need the account number (include the dashes if you have segments IE:
123-12345-12), then the description, balance sheet or income statement, and
debit or credit.  Look at the IM Destination Mapping and it will show you a
drop down of the desired values for these fields.  Other fields are optional
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> I assume you are using Integration Manager. When you select the destination
> of "accounts", double click on it, and select the FIELDS tab. This shows all
> of the fields that could be imported. When you set up the mapping, you can
> then match what Excel column that data is in, or accept the default.
>
> "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote:
>
> > or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl
> > accounts?
> >
> > "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to
> > > setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can
> > > somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht
> > > the basic minimum requirements.
0
info4071 (3004)
2/13/2009 12:46:06 AM
One other field that is required for an Account import is the 'Account
Category'

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in
message news:88BA0CFD-151F-4883-988D-56557A502840@microsoft.com...
> You need the account number (include the dashes if you have segments IE:
> 123-12345-12), then the description, balance sheet or income statement,
> and
> debit or credit.  Look at the IM Destination Mapping and it will show you
> drop down of the desired values for these fields.  Other fields are
> optional
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Bob Harrison" wrote:
>
>> I assume you are using Integration Manager. When you select the
>> destination
>> of "accounts", double click on it, and select the FIELDS tab. This shows
>> all
>> of the fields that could be imported. When you set up the mapping, you
>> can
>> then match what Excel column that data is in, or accept the default.
>>
>> "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote:
>>
>> > or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl
>> > accounts?

0
mbnet61 (2)
2/13/2009 2:03:22 PM
One sure way to determine which fields are required is to refer to the
Account Card.  The fields required to import the accounts via
Intregration Manager are the same as those required to setup an
account manually .  Integration Manager is a tool that utilizes an
Access database and macros to automate the exact data entry process as
if you were entering the data manually.

This logic holds true for any integration.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

Gmail accounts
I have a couple of gmail accounts and set them up in the account list of Entourage 2008. It will create one set of inbox on the left pane. I do not want to have so many sets of accounts on the left pane but all incoming mails on My Computer only. Can someone advise me how to configure it. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, delete your accounts, then recreate them as POP accounts instead of IMAP accounts; that way, all the messages will go into your local inbox. Keep in mind that there are a couple of disadvantages when it comes to using POP accounts (e.g. if you read a message vi...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

charter account
at wich country established related course first? How are you? are you fine? "hamidreza" wrote: > at wich country established related course first? ...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email

import pdf table

POsting GL Transaction outside Great PLains
Can anyone give me information about posting GL transactions from outside of Great Plains? Is it as simple as calling a stored procedure or inserting into a couple of tables? (Probably not...) Any information anyone could provide, or anywhere anyone can point me would be appreciated. Thanks. -Cliff One way to do it is with table import. Go to Tools-> Integrate -> Table Import. You can press the F1 key if you want instructions. "Cliff Harris" wrote: > Can anyone give me information about posting GL transactions from outside of > Great Plains? Is it as sim...

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

Incorrect import of decimal point placement.
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2 entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00. Has this occurred to anyone? Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first time it had occured. Money or Financial institution problem?? In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote: >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 ...

Source of GL Transactions
A client has a couple of GL transactions but I can't figure out the source. The originating columns are blank except for the Originating Trx Source which is the same as the batch number. The source doc is GJ. The reference has SALESPO in both transactions. The entries are to Inventory and COGS. What could generate an entry with these accounts and the word SALESPO in the reference. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, My first thought is that these are inventory cost adjustments from POP invoices where the invoice cost did not match the receipt cost. Don't know if you've al...

Attaching a report to an account or other entity
I'd like to create a custom report in SQL Reporting Services and have the user be able to view the report using a button on the quote or order screen. Does anyone know if it's possible to customize the SRS user interface or to create another button/link in the report or on the quote/order screen that would automatically render the report in .PDF or .XLS format and save the resulting file to an entity that is related to the data displayed (like account) with a single click? I was hoping to create the report using the Report Designer and using SRS rather than making it in a cus...