Import fixed assets setup windows

Has anyone been able to succesfully import Asset Classes or Asset Account
Groups?
Also, I still do not understand how the indexing works in fixed assets.
Does anyone have any information they can give me about the FAINDEX table or
any tables that work with the Fixed assets indexing?
Thanks!
0
Juliet (6)

Juliet,

I have succesfully imported both Classes and Account Groups.  Fixed Assets
uses indexes much like GP uses GL account indexes. Wherever GP refers to an
account number it actually stores the account index instead of the actual
account number. FA uses an index instead of the ID because the index is more
efficient than the string field. You need to start with the lowest level item
and then work up.  For instance if your Asset Class is going to include the
Account Group ID and the Insurance Class ID, the Account Group and Insurance
Class must be imported first. Assign an index number to the Account Group and
Insurance Class and then use that index in the Asset Class setup. I have used
the Import Utility to import my setup tables very successfully.

Victoria Yudin has a great reference for the Fixed Assets Tables here
http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/fixed-assets-tables/

I can feel your frustration in your post - is there a specific problem you
are having with an import that perhaps we could help you with?

"Juliet" wrote:

> Has anyone been able to succesfully import Asset Classes or Asset Account
> Groups?
> Also, I still do not understand how the indexing works in fixed assets.
> Does anyone have any information they can give me about the FAINDEX table or
> any tables that work with the Fixed assets indexing?
> Thanks!
0
LeslieVail (702)

Why does shared workbooks uncheck users Windows in Taskbar option
Every time users go into a shared workbook it unchecks their previously selected option to show Windows In Taskbar (Tools\Option\View\Windows In Taskbar). I've tried saving the program with this option checked but it seems every time I make it a shared workbook and go back into it, this option unchecks itself. Any way around this? What version of excel are you running? Saved from a previous post... There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to ...

Importing data

Disable Setup Assistant
Is there a way to disable to whole setup assistant or make it completely transparent to the user and fill in any necessary data with some default data? A lab full of first graders and their teacher is going to flip out if we have to send them through that. Yes, there is. Go to Mactopia and read up the information for "IT Pros". That takes you to the Office 2008 Admin Guide. You can do a managed roll-out of this thing, and you can perform a silent administrative installation. If you need more help, come back and I will get one of our System Administrators to give you a hand. I ...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Will MFC continue updating Windows API?
I´m a little unsure how to word this, but basically I need to know whether MFC will keep updating/coding Windows API. I don´t know whether they have stopped because they want everyone to go to .NET but I am curious to know if otherwise? Thank you in advance Col MFC support some APIs, but it does not prevent you from using the APIs directly. Many people do not use MFC socket classes at all. "achtungcol" <achtungcol@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ����:67282881-59B0-4118-A700-6C7072514F55@microsoft.com... > I��m a little unsure how to word this, but basicall...

Run a macro on a fixed date cycle
Hi Is there a way to run a macro - "Update_Me" - on a fixed date, say the first of every month? Thanks in advance Steve Steve, There's no way to do waht you want without opening the workbook on that day. If we assum you open the workbook everyday, the ideal way to achieve ehat you want is to create ans 'Auto_exec' macro that performs a check on the date, and then either exits doing nothing, or runs your update macro, depending on the result of the date check. Depending how volatile your source data is you may need to add some validation and safety checks to en...

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

excel 97 xml import

Popup windows
Hi there, I'm having problems with popup window blocking in MS Internet Explorer and CRM Outlook client integration where a lot of windows in CRM are being blocked somehow. I presumed having the Outlook Client integration for CRM would have automatically added the CRM windows to 'allowed sites' for popups, but they still are blocked. The same is happening in the internet browser. I have the popup blocker turned off, and I have no other tools such as Google bar that could also be blocking the windows. Did anyone have any similar problems, or know what I can do to stop w...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

=?windows-1252?Q?Entering_Purchase_Order_line_items_=96_who=92s_part_?= =?windows-1252?Q?number=3F?=
Any way to select our in-house part number yet have the selected vendor=92s part number be printed on the PO? The choice of either learning every part number from every vendor or using our in-house numbers and possibly getting the wrong part (vendor doesn=92t know our part numbers) is an ugly choice. Using version 8. Is this the way it is in all newer versions? Picking ours and printing theirs would be sweet... G You should be able to do that....right now, our PO prints our item number on the first line and the vendor item number on the second line. If you just want the vendor's it...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

html page as setup
Hi, My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible without some micro web server. thanks for advice "andrew" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23wqALE3HFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, > and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible > without some micro web server. > > thanks for advice > > Take a look at the following msdn article http://msdn.microsoft...

SFO's MSDE causes Windows Explorer crash.
We have CRM at our main offices in London and also have 2 guys in Los Angeles who belong to our domain and use CRM via the web. They would like to use SFO. These guys are roaming sales men, so their domain credentials are cached on their PC's and they connect to our domain only when at their office and using VPN. They are on XP Pro (SP1) laptops with 2.6GHz P4 and 512Mb memory, running Outlook 2003. Whilst at their offices and connected by VPN to the London domain, we successfully installed SFO on their PC's. It appears to work, but causes Windows Explorer to crash. Switc...

importing email

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003