import data to sales

Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of
Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have
come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into
GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104
tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV, GL,
and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info there.
Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables? Also,
should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and then
do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!
0
KO99 (5)

You might want to consider purchasing eConnect, as there are a lot more
tables that need to be hit.

"KO99" <KO99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
> longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of
> Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
> transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and
have
> come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly
into
> GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200,
SOP10104
> tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
> Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV, GL,
> and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info
there.
> Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables? Also,
> should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and
then
> do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!

0
mcousens (24)
12/20/2004 3:52:27 PM
I don''t think my co. will pay.... is this an *impossible* task? How many
tables are we talking about? Thx!

"Miles Cousens II" wrote:

> You might want to consider purchasing eConnect, as there are a lot more
> tables that need to be hit.
>

> "KO99" <KO99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
> > longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of
> > Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
> > transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and
> have
> > come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly
> into
> > GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200,
> SOP10104
> > tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
> > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV, GL,
> > and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info
> there.
> > Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables? Also,
> > should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and
> then
> > do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!

0
KO99 (5)
12/20/2004 3:57:08 PM
You should check out Integration Manager from MBS and SOP Import from
Nolan Computing. I have a couple of customers using IM to import into SOP.

KO99 wrote:
> Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
> longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of
> Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
> transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have
> come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into
> GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104
> tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
> Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV, GL,
> and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info there.
> Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables? Also,
> should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and then
> do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!
You are going to pay a LOT more in the long run if you don't use a tool like
eConnect or Integration Manager for this.  Besides the SOP tables you need
to populate you also need to modify or verify from a number of IV, RM, GL
and possibly other tables.  On top of that, there is GP business logic that
may be circumvented by the direct to table import.

Victoria

"Miles Cousens II" wrote:

> You might want to consider purchasing eConnect, as there are a lot more
> tables that need to be hit.
>

> "KO99" <KO99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
> > longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way
> > of
> > Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
> > transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and
> have
> > come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly
> into
> > GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200,
> SOP10104
> > tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
> > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV,
> > GL,
> > and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info
> there.
> > Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables?
> > Also,
> > should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and
> then
> > do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!

0
victoria (3340)
12/21/2004 1:31:35 PM
Thx everyone for your input - I really appreciate it!!! As of now, I have to
at least try to import. So if I set up an order, the only information that I
*really* need to do the data dump for is the items sold (e.g.: cheese plates,
quantity, and cost).  Sorry, I should have clarified that early. Still a
daunting task for me without buying more software? Thx again for the
feedback!!! And happy holidays! :)

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You should check out Integration Manager from MBS and SOP Import from
> Nolan Computing. I have a couple of customers using IM to import into SOP.
>
> KO99 wrote:
> > Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
> > longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of
> > Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
> > transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have
> > come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into
> > GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104
> > tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
> > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV, GL,
> > and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info there.
> > Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables? Also,
> > should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and then
> > do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!

0
KO99 (5)
12/21/2004 1:49:05 PM
Be extremely careful with directly importing into SQL tables. Go to
http://www.winthropdc.com/ to get an ERD for the sales tables, this will give
you a good snapshot of how the tables relate in SOP (and every module), a
very handy tool indeed. It is possible to directly import but you need a
solid understanding of the DB schema.

Again, go for Integration Manager. You need to sell the idea to the person
that writes the checks because I have learned that you "PAY NOW OR PAYLATER".

Ciao

"KO99" wrote:

> Thx everyone for your input - I really appreciate it!!! As of now, I have to
> at least try to import. So if I set up an order, the only information that I
> *really* need to do the data dump for is the items sold (e.g.: cheese plates,
> quantity, and cost).  Sorry, I should have clarified that early. Still a
> daunting task for me without buying more software? Thx again for the
> feedback!!! And happy holidays! :)
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > You should check out Integration Manager from MBS and SOP Import from
> > Nolan Computing. I have a couple of customers using IM to import into SOP.
> >
> > KO99 wrote:
> > > Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much
> > > longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of
> > > Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is
> > > transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have
> > > come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into
> > > GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104
> > > tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution >
> > > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace also picked up IV, GL,
> > > and ME tables which I'm not sure why I'd need to enter in order info there.
> > > Is the SOP list above correct; do I need any IV, GL, and ME tables? Also,
> > > should I enter in the order so I get the automatic Document number and then
> > > do the data dump? *Thanks* in advance for help!!!!

0
cengert (5)
12/21/2004 5:01:12 PM
Ok... I hear all of you... will try to get IM (which seems the more
appropriate solution than eConnect - correct me if I'm wrong). We have
Dexterity & FrX - do either of these do anything meaningful? Haven't looked @
either too much. I have looked @ the ERD which is mind-boggling.  *Thanks*
again for everyone's*helpful* input! :)

0
KO99 (5)
12/21/2004 6:01:02 PM
Merry X'mas to me! Apparently my co. has it and no one told me! :) Thx for
everyone's help!! What's the learning curve on IM?
0
KO99 (5)
12/22/2004 7:35:03 PM
Look at the samples, including one or two from SOP.

KO99 wrote:
> Merry X'mas to me! Apparently my co. has it and no one told me! :) Thx for
> everyone's help!! What's the learning curve on IM?

Error in Pipeline report when selecting Sales Stage
When I try to select Group By Sales Stage I get this error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) I am using a Sales Process btw. all selected opps have the process active. Before I dive deep into the bowels of the Pipeline code I was hoping someone has seen this. -- Thanx Glen oops, thought I had searched the KB on this before, but there is a known bug - article 927589 - the Step name var in the report is only set to varchar(40) (geez). You just edit the rdl...

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

excel 97 xml import

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Importing a CSV file

SmartList for Canadian Payroll returns no data
We are running GP V10 and Canadian Payroll. When our Payroll clerk tries to run a SmartList for payroll data she gets nothing returned in her query result. She is able to see all of her data and do her Payroll work with no issues, and her security access to Payroll data is correct. Can anyone advise as to what we may have missed in her security and / or setup that would prevent her from seeing the data in her SmartList query? As POWERUSER I get no results from the SmartList query either. Appreciate any help or advice! Thanks! Hi LMG Which CPR Smartlists are you trying to run? T...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...

importing email

Updating a cell with data validation when another cell is changed.
In my sheet I have cell Y2, which when it contains "y", I want it to update the validation list =IF(Y2="y",DogList,NAList) That works, but if i delete the "y" from cell Y2, the validation drop- down list doesn't change until I click onto the cell I wrote some code to try and work around this: Private Sub WorkSheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Target.Address = "Y2" Then Range("AJ2").Value = "" Application.Calculate End Sub But still doesn't do that I want, when I change t...

import pdf table

MS 2004 deluxe Stock sale and Purchase- 3rd try for assistance
Hi there, I came across this not to long ago. I owned ( lets use a fake company here) ABCcorp.. symbol ( fake again) ABC I then sold off all shares of ABC.at 28.00 Later in the year I purchased a new interest in ABC for 11.00 per share. When it went to 10.88 the MS Money 2004 Deluxe portfolio screen shows I am making money on this new lot of shares. Only thing I can think of is, because Money uses the old symbol and lumps previous stock ownership ( even though you sold it all) to the subsequent purchases. Has this been fixed in later editions of Money? Or is the fix, manual? Such as, befo...