Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?

Hi All,

What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other
branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft
provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ?

Thanks,

Habibalby

0
habibalby1 (17)

There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based
portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them.

"MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other
> branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does
> Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Habibalby

0
callen1071 (408)
9/30/2005 5:13:30 AM
Business Portal is supported as an intranet application.  Not as an internet
application.  People logging on will need to logon to the network before
they will be able to access Business Portal.

"MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other
> branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does
Microsoft
> provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Habibalby

0
news_jamrock (304)
9/30/2005 6:03:21 AM
Aha,

It means I have to configure it on the network first. And create a VPN
connectivity for those people who wants to access the GPS. Then once they
logged in they will be able to use the Intranet Portals?

Hummmmmmmm, there is no other solution?

Thanks,

Habibalby
"jamrock" <news_jamrock@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Business Portal is supported as an intranet application.  Not as an
> internet
> application.  People logging on will need to logon to the network before
> they will be able to access Business Portal.
>
> "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other
>> branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does
> Microsoft
>> provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Habibalby

0
habibalby1 (17)
9/30/2005 6:35:42 AM
You can wait a couple of months for GP 9 and BP 3. BP 3 will have an
extranet connector for people outside the network.

"Hussain Al Sayed" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Aha,
>
> It means I have to configure it on the network first. And create a VPN
> connectivity for those people who wants to access the GPS. Then once they
> logged in they will be able to use the Intranet Portals?
>
> Hummmmmmmm, there is no other solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Habibalby
> "jamrock" <news_jamrock@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Business Portal is supported as an intranet application.  Not as an
>> internet
>> application.  People logging on will need to logon to the network before
>> they will be able to access Business Portal.
>>
>> "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for
>>> other
>>> branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does
>> Microsoft
>>> provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Habibalby

0
callen1071 (408)
9/30/2005 10:22:52 PM
When GP9 s gonna released? Now, what is the best method to let people in
Branches be able to connect to GP ??

Thanks,

habibalby
"Charles Allen [MVP]" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> You can wait a couple of months for GP 9 and BP 3. BP 3 will have an
> extranet connector for people outside the network.
>
> "Hussain Al Sayed" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Aha,
>>
>> It means I have to configure it on the network first. And create a VPN
>> connectivity for those people who wants to access the GPS. Then once they
>> logged in they will be able to use the Intranet Portals?
>>
>> Hummmmmmmm, there is no other solution?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Habibalby
>> "jamrock" <news_jamrock@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Business Portal is supported as an intranet application.  Not as an
>>> internet
>>> application.  People logging on will need to logon to the network before
>>> they will be able to access Business Portal.
>>>
>>> "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Microsoft

0
habibalby1 (17)
10/1/2005 6:44:40 PM
In BP 2.5, they have to be able to log into the network and be
authenticated. Usually, that means you will have a VPN set up.

> When GP9 s gonna released? Now, what is the best method to let people in
> Branches be able to connect to GP ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> habibalby
> "Charles Allen [MVP]" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
>> You can wait a couple of months for GP 9 and BP 3. BP 3 will have an
>> extranet connector for people outside the network.
>>
>> "Hussain Al Sayed" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Aha,
>>>
>>> It means I have to configure it on the network first. And create a VPN
>>> connectivity for those people who wants to access the GPS. Then once
>>> they logged in they will be able to use the Intranet Portals?
>>>
>>> Hummmmmmmm, there is no other solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Habibalby
>>> "jamrock" <news_jamrock@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
callen1071 (408)
10/2/2005 4:35:15 AM
You can also check out portalTWO.  Not sure how good it is, but it's an
affordable alternative to the business portal, $5000 for unlimited users.

www.portaltwo.com

"Hussain Al Sayed" wrote:

> When GP9 s gonna released? Now, what is the best method to let people in
> Branches be able to connect to GP ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> habibalby
> "Charles Allen [MVP]" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> > You can wait a couple of months for GP 9 and BP 3. BP 3 will have an
> > extranet connector for people outside the network.
> >
> > "Hussain Al Sayed" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Aha,
> >>
> >> It means I have to configure it on the network first. And create a VPN
> >> connectivity for those people who wants to access the GPS. Then once they
> >> logged in they will be able to use the Intranet Portals?
> >>
> >> Hummmmmmmm, there is no other solution?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Habibalby
> >> "jamrock" <news_jamrock@yahoo.com> wrote in message

but u don't think it might effect GP?
"Rob Klaproth" <RobKlaproth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can also check out portalTWO.  Not sure how good it is, but it's an
> affordable alternative to the business portal, $5000 for unlimited users.
>
> www.portaltwo.com
>

> "Hussain Al Sayed" wrote:
>
>> When GP9 s gonna released? Now, what is the best method to let people in
>> Branches be able to connect to GP ??
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> habibalby
>> "Charles Allen [MVP]" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
>> > You can wait a couple of months for GP 9 and BP 3. BP 3 will have an
>> > extranet connector for people outside the network.
>> >
>> > "Hussain Al Sayed" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
habibalby1 (17)

Sharepoint 2007 & Business Portal
Has anyone heard about compatibility between Sharepoint 2007 and Business Portal 3.0? ------=_NextPart_0001_09DCA553 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy - Thank you for posting to Newsgroups! Business Portal 3.0 is only compatible with Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or SharePoint Portal Server 2003. Business Portal 4.0 will run on WSS 3.0 and on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007. Thank you - Sarah Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ============================================== PLEA...

Great Plains 9 Restore
Hi, I am trying to upgrade from great plains 9 to great plains 9 sp2. So, we have setup up a test server where I have installed GP 9 and restored the data. At the moment I am just reading the KB923671 from customer source and one of the prequisites that you need to do before installing the service pack deals with Reports.dic and Forms.dic My question is when you install GP on such a scanario does one have to copy/restore the Reports.dic and Forms.dic files from the live system [or from the backups]. Or are they irrelevant? Thanks Sanjay, The FORMS.DIC and REPORTS.DIC are irreleva...

Currency in Business Portal
Hi: I am using Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack. It is working fine. Is there any way to hide currency Id displaying in any amount field? We are facing problem in transfering this infomation to Excel, It transters the Currency Id too, due to that Excel senses that field as a text and we cannot do any calculation on that. We have to do some extra effort in excel to make those fields as numeric or currency. Please advise. Thanks ...

Query Error in Business Portal #2
BP 2.5. Sometimes a user, a requisition purchase, got "Query Error" when he tried to select a vendor from drop dowm list. I reboot the BP server and fixed the problem. Do you know how did it happen? How to prevent it happen again? Except reboot the BP server, should I do anything in the SQL Database server? Thank you very much. stien ...

Business Portal 2.5 to Business Portal 3.0
We had a BP 2.5 and GP 8.0 installation that I used to train myself on prior to installing for a client. We have since upgraded to Great Plains version 9. I have been tasked with getting Business Portal 3.0 installed and running internally. I removed Business Portal via Add/Remove programs, but recieved an error when removing the database objects. The GP DYNAMICS database is the incorrect version (it was upgraded). So currently I have no Business Portal 2.5 installed to upgrade (I completed the application removal process, probably a mistake) and cannot remove the current BP databa...

Business Portal on Windows Mobile
Is there a way to be able to view the Business Portal from a Windows Mobile 5 smartphone? Thanks in advance. -Joe On Nov 22, 3:58 am, Joe <j...@josephmarkovich.com> wrote: > Is there a way to be able to view the Business Portal from a Windows > Mobile 5 smartphone? > > Thanks in advance. > > -Joe GoIntegration and Ez Route offer Mobile Integration for GP. I dont remember having seen anything specific to Business Portal, but you might want to follow up with them. http://www.jivtesh.com/2007/11/dynamics-gp-on-mobile.html Jivtesh Dynamics Blog : http://www.jivtesh.co...

Implemeting Bill Of Materials
Hi, has any one gone for implemeting Bill Of materials modules in Businesses like Cafeterias, If Yes i would appreciate if he can send me Case study. regards Nader You betcha. "Nader Yousef" wrote: > Hi, > > has any one gone for implemeting Bill Of materials modules in Businesses > like Cafeterias, If Yes i would appreciate if he can send me Case study. > > regards > Nader ...

delete a report from Business Portal
I created several reports in GP that publish to a shared folder and then are viewed in Business Portal. I want to remove some of them of the reports that are no longer used. I deleted the report in GP, and even deleted the report in the shared folder, but in Business Portal, the report is still shown as an option, though nothing appears when the report is selected. How can I remove these reports as options in Business Portal. I imagine that I can do it in the ReportCatalog table in the database using a Delete statment, is there another option? Thanks, KJ ...

Replys all are in Plain text verus HTML
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C52898.04B79F90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I hit a reply to an email in Outlook, it comes up in plain text = versus rich text or Html format Even though I have set the "Compose in = HTML " set in the tool options etc. Any ideas?=20 --=20 Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C52898.04B79F90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Business Portal screen display
When viewing a FRx report in Business portal it is hard to view the entire report. The screen is first taken up by the internet explorer browser and menus, business portal browser and menus and then finally the report. This all takes up a third of the screen before you can start viewing the report. We would like an option to be able to view the report in its entirety and then toggle between the business portal center and the report when needed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sug...

Great Plains Newbie question
I'm trying to interface into Great Plains 8.0. How do I do this? Any database documentation available? Where can I find eConnect? -- Hector Minaya, VB.Net MVP hminaya@vbdevelopers.net blog: http://www.VBdevelopers.Net There is plenty of information available including Entity Relationship (E-R) diagrams from the SDK (Software Development Kit) which can be installed from the Tools folder of CD2 of the Great Plains install CDs. Have a look at the link below for information on how to integrate with Great Plains: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dn...

FRx and Business Portal
Hi, I have installed and configured FRx Reports Integration with BP 3.0. After we succesfully published a couple of reports, the FRxBPIS service fails with the following error logged on to the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: FRxBPIS Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 5/16/2008 Time: 9:17:12 AM User: N/A Computer: VEGA Description: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( FRxBPIS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote com...

Update to Chapter 15 of the CRM Implemetation Guide
This is an update to the chapter talking about deploying CRM on Small Business Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=DDBB17DC-FE7F-4309-B03B-1FC1C4EB6A97&displa sorry full link is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=DDBB17DC-FE7F-4309-B03B-1FC1C4EB6A97&displaylang=en "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:uJuMcqLVEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > This is an update to the chapter talking about deploying CRM on Small > Business Server 2003 > > http://www...

A great discovery
It saved our company time for seaching our needs in a very short time. We suggest you to visit http://www.hkdelight.com -- All the Best ...

Transfer Refund to Great plains
I am only transfering payment over to great plains. The sales get enter later. Months after the payment has been transfered. If in our PoS we create a payment for 100 then for some reason we refund 20 dollars of it the day after we received the payment. The first night I transfered the Payment as a cash receipt. The Second day how can I transfer a negetive cash receipt. Kourosh ...

Business Portal Install Error #2
I am installing BP 3 on a GP 9 server which is running Win2k3. SQL 2K is on same server with an instance name (Not a Default server). When I try to install BP I receive a error. Declaring Type : Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.PCITeam.Install.BP.Packager.Packager. Target Site : LoadPackagerComponents Error Summary : Failed Loading Packager Data Element (PD_GP_COMMON) for Install Feature (BusinessPortal). and it was hanged with the following message Please wait while the setup wizard installs Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Portal. This may take several minutes. Status Loading data 1 of 21 T...

Open/Convert all incoming email to Plain Text
I have been trying to convert all incoming internet mail to plain text. I have been unable to find a global exchange setting or group policy setting that allows me to do this. It this capable? We are running exchange 2000 sp3, windows 2000 sp4, Outlook 2002 and 2003 clients. thank you, Andrew You can do it by editing the registry: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q307594 Not sure if it can be set globally in Exchange or GP. E "Andrew" wrote: > I have been trying to convert all incoming internet mail to plain text. I > have been unable to fi...

Great Plains Access
No network clients are able to access Business Portal after doing an iisreset. The error is Server Error /n/ Application. Unable to access datasource. I can only open it on the server. Once it has been accessed from the server it will allow others to connect. Any ideas? ...

Sharepoint Portal, WSS & Business Portal 2.5
Hi: Are ther any good white papers, configuration guides and/or tech notes on how to host Sharepoint Portal, WSS and Business Portal 2.5 products on the same server? I'm trying to host Sharepoint Portal, WSS and Business Portal 2.5 on same 2003 Server. I'm running into issues when trying to install and configure each product using the standard install defaults. Business Portal 2.5 is causing Sharepoint Portal and WSS to have issues. I'm installing Sharepoint Portal and WSS first and then installing Business Portal 2.5. The products are leveraging seperate SQL Server Data...

Business Portal problem, please help
In BP(2.5) >> Purchasing >> Requisitions >> Select a Vendor, users got a warning, "Another user is currently working with the selected vendor." but there is no other user is working with the selected vendor. After restarted the database server and Business Portal server, they still have the problem. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much. Sam ...

Redeploy Your CRM Implemetation
For those of you who ever wanted to move CRM to a new server, or change your OU while retaining your data, Microsoft released there Redeployment Tools last Friday. I have used this tool (drove them crazy for 10 days while the release slipped) and found it to work perfectly except for one issue left out of the documetation. Be sure to set your Crystal Administator password back to blank, or BackupCrystal.exe will fail to do it's job Here is the download link, it's on Microsoft Download, so it's free to the publi http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db...

Great IncrediMail with Outlook 2003:
Hello Everyone, I had installed Outlook 2003 then get "IncrediMail for Office Outlook Add-On." It works with 2000/XP/2003. Windows Operating System: 98/ME/NT/2000/XP. If you can check http://www.incredimail.com and see yourself on their website. If you interest to buy IncrediMail software, it was great showing e-mail software adds to Outlook 2003 or any Outlook. It was not working with Outlook Express. Please advertised to Outlook customers and clients online! Thanks. David Incredimail is for the credulous. If you want to advertise your product, please put an AN...

Printing Shuts down Great Plains
I have one user who's WinXP PC has a printing problem. When she tries to print payroll checks, including bonus checks and vacation payout checks, Great Plains shuts down. I have tried new print drivers & a remove and reinstall of GP. I tried going into payroll setup options and unselecting "Pay Codes" in "Include Codes with YTD Amounts on Checks". Printing outside GP v8.0 sp3 is fine. Any other ideas? Please check the printer. Is it installed properly? Can you try to print to this printer from Great Plains. Is the report a modified report? Can you try t...

Business Portal
Business Portal - Automatic Synchronisation of Portal Roles with AD Groups Although you can import AD User Groups into business portal role, there is no way of synchronising membership. This would be pretty handy, and if you include it, it prevents me from having to write it myself. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-b...

Business Portal Users & Logins
Hi, I've just installed Business Portal and find that if I browse to the site while logged in as a user who does not have access to the site, a confusing ASPNET error is produced. The ideal solution would be for the site to prompt for a username and password if the currently logged on user did not have access. Anyone know how to set this up? Thanks. -- Not to worry... I just turned off Integrated Authentication in IIS. -- "jamesspelt" wrote: > Hi, > > I've just installed Business Portal and find that if I browse to the site > while logged in as a...