IM with SQL 2000 to SQL 2005

Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0
running on SQL 2005.

Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL
2000 and insert in in GP 8.0

Possible?

Thanks
Terry
0
TerryB (15)

Yes, you can use SQL Server 2000 databases as a data source for Integration
Manager with GP 8 running on SQL 2000/2005.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"TerryB" wrote:

> Can IM be used to take data from an SQL 2000 database for use with GP 8.0
> running on SQL 2005.
>
> Basilcy I need to extract order information from a website running on SQL
> 2000 and insert in in GP 8.0
>
> Possible?
>
> Thanks
> Terry
0
callen (2505)

Exchange 2003 client slower sending that Exchange 2000
I just set up my first SBS 2003 server including Exchange. When sending to local addresses (i.e. Global Address Book, within the domain, which is within a LAN), it seems to take MUCH longer for a message to go from the Outbox to Sent Items and several seconds more before it appears in the Inbox. All my experience with SBS 2000 was that it all took less than a couple of seconds, even with large message stores. Any ideas? Is this another feature (new and improved?) On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:07:04 -0700, "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just set up my fi...

Default the .imd path for IM v 10
This is probably well documented somewhere, but I don't know where. I'm trying to set a 'default' path to the .imd file so that each user doesn't get his own setting via the UMUser_Data.xml in the Application Data folder. Anyone know how to do it? Leslie -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 Got it! You enter the path in the [IMBaseProvider] section of the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.ini DBPath=C:\Integrations\...

GP Integration and SQL Server
Does the GP Integration to CRM Connector use SQL Server MSDE or does it need a full version of SQL Server? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Yes it requires a full version of SQL. Thanks, Debarghya "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:eoRWAjbWGHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does the GP Integration to CRM Connector use SQL Server MSDE or does it > need a full version of SQL Server? > > -- > Brandon > Presentations Direct - "Document...

SBS2008 and SQL 2005
Hello All, So here is my question, we have the SBS 2008 Premium, and all the installation media are sent to us. And that includes the SQL 2005 and 2008 installation disks. But after I installed the SBS 2008 on my first server which we also would like to turn it to SQL, I looked into the Program And Features and found SQL 2005 already installed. But I haven't really insert any SQL installation disk. So is that a valid copy of SQL or just some thing like SQL Express? Do I need to uninstall that and install from my SQL install disk or I can start to use that? Thanks! Ben T...

RELAY Problem
Hi All, Exchange Server 2000 SP3 (build 6249.4) all patched up.... I configured it according to Microsoft's KB on how to fixe an open relay http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Exchange/ExBPA/6d2c9c82-bcc2-4261-a30d-90536577c873.mspx and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304897 to disable relay, yet when I scanned it with the updated Best Practices Analyzer Tool it still shows that it failed the open relay test (I also telented in on port 25 and confirmed that manually that I could send an email from a bogus domain) Microsoft doesn't make sense.... if you disable ano...

MFC CRecordset::m_strFilter: Can I use SQL "LIKE" [%] in here?
Hi, Can I use SQL LIKE condition in the m_strFilter of my RecordSet? I am setting the filter datamember as <code> rsSampleRS.m_strFilter = "Number = '123'"; </code> But what I intend is to have a SQL "LIKE" in the statement as; All records from the table in where "123" is part of the value in the Number column. Any pointers/ help will be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Cheerz, Denzil If you could ... I don't think you'd want to. From what I remember, the filter only gets applied after the query is run. So if your table h...

Using IM to upload Sales Territory?
I am trying to update the sales territory table in GP 9.0. I've looked at the Integration manager (IM) and couldn't figure how to do it. There is no destination within IM that points to the Sales Territory master file. I've have setup uploads using IM before for SOP, Journals, AP before. Thanks You could do a table import for that. Set up a csv file with your territory information. It should not have a header row. Open up your Sales Territory Maintenance card then click Tools>Integrate>Table Import then select the Sales Territory Master File. Map the fields and...

Delinking in Excel 2000
I have a user who has an Excel 2000 SS which prompts her with this message when she opens it, "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook?" She doesn't want this prompt to come up at all. We can't seem to be able to turn off this linking message. What can I do to not have to hit 'No' all the time? Thanks, John You can convert the formulas to values if you can find them. I like Bill Manville's findlink.zip from: http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm to help find the pesky ones...

Outlook 2000
I have outlook 2000 and would like to not have it auto send out when I hit the send button on a new message. I want it to goto the outbox untill I hit send.. How do I set that up? Thanks Gordon Answer depends on which mail support mode you are using, what type of mail account you use, and what you connection type is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gordon" <indiana@ptbo.igs.net> wrote in message news:um$hcmTRGHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have outlook 2000 and would like to not have it auto send out when I hit >the send button on a new message. I want ...

"Send on Behalf" Permissions in Exchange 2000 Server
Hi, When working with Exchange 2000 , I new exactly how to set the permissions "send as" , "receive as". On exchange 2003 , when doing the same ,I still cannot send behalf of "anyone" emails. (is there any change?) I want to point out that I need permission to send behalf of any user that have mailbox on the Exchange server . I would be grateful if anyone could help me here. Thank You. Aviv Marom. ...

Set Querydef SQL to Null (Open an empty query editor)
Hi All I am trying to set the SQL of a querydef - I can do so using this code: CurrentDb.QueryDefs("EDitQuery").SQL = Me.txtSQL.Value (Where me.txtSQL contains the sql statement. What I want to do is set the SQL to nothing so it will clear any SQL in the underlying querydef - and I can open up a blank query editor. I have tried the following: Set SQL to "SELECT" - says SELECT is a reserved word and the syntax is wrong Set SQL to "" - does not like that either Set SQL to Null - using a null value variable Set SQL to Empty - using an empty variab...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

Problem with Worksheet in the migration .NET 2005 Beta 2 To .NET 2005
hello: I had installed .NET 2005 Beta 2. I have a project of excel and this book of excel has many worksheets. By each sheet I mad= e a class. In the Hoja1_Initialize method of the Hoja1 class, I call to another method= that it has like parameter a Excel.Worksheet type. When I call this method: generate(this), "this" in .NET 2005 Beta is a active sheet(H= oja1), but when I installed .NET version 2005, its dont work. "this" is the Hoja1 clas= s, no the active sheet(Hoja1). So, I call method thus: this.Activate(); Hoja1Class.getInstance().generate((Excel.Worksheet)this.A...

IM
In integration Manager i.e. Great Plains Sql Opt 8.0 we have Receiving Transaction where in if I need to integrate items with Lot type, I dont fine this field. Can any one let me know how I can integrate Purchase Receiving with Lot Items? Hi Muneer: I think you know about this that whenever you receive any item, Lot numbers get alloted to the items by its receipt no. What else do you need? Thanks "Muneer" wrote: > In integration Manager i.e. Great Plains Sql Opt 8.0 we have Receiving > Transaction where in if I need to integrate items with Lot type, I dont fine &...

Need SQL syntacs
I have words to search and I want to get the results like at Google For examples, If I search the words WINDOW, KIT, DOOR I want to get first the result from Database the all three words, and after it the 2 words and after that 1 words If I used the OR operation I get the result without order that I want. On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 03:59:18 -0800 (PST), yuvalbra wrote: >I have words to search and I want to get the results like at Google >For examples, > >If I search the words WINDOW, KIT, DOOR >I want to get first the result from Database the all three words, and >...

KMS, CA, Exchange 2000, Windows 2000
I really need some help. I can't find many resources any more involving Exhcange 2000 and KMS, but this is the environment I must support in implementing an S/MIME email encryption scheme for my client. I get the following error message when I try to view an encrypted email that I have sent to myself: "Can't open this item. Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system." After initially setting things up everything worked fine, but as you will see I ran into trouble... I've installed CA on a Windows 2000 Domain Controller that is also...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Money 2000 "A required entry in the registry is corrupted"
While trying to run a monthly report I receive this error. I have searched and could not find a solution, can anyone point me in the right direction? In microsoft.public.money, TLD wrote: >While trying to run a monthly report I receive this error. I have searched >and could not find a solution, can anyone point me in the right direction? I am guessing the error says 'register'. Try making a repaired copy of your file with the method described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466 for Money 2000. Use level 2 first. If that does not do it for you use level 1. Level 1 w...

Lost calendar & Task items in Outlook 2000
When I didn't keep my trial Office 2003, Outlook 2000 cannot find/open calendar or task items. -- Eliza Bett <Bett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I didn't keep my trial Office 2003, Outlook 2000 cannot find/open > calendar or task items. So sorry. Is there a question you'd like to ask? -- Brian Tillman ...

Setting up flat file for IM
I am setting up a new integration between our payroll (outside vendor) and GP. I need to use the Transaction Type field for standard and reversing. I do not know what to tell them to but in this field to identify the difference between standard and reversing. Clinton, Most payroll transactions are integrated into GP as Standard GL transactions -- you can have the field in IM set to Use Default as that is the default GL transaction type. A reversing entry will be used whenever you have GL transactions that need to be backed out in the following period, such as certain accruals, and ...

Money 2005 #18
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I tried to get the online services part working, but if you look at my previous posts, I have run into some really big problems with it. Anyway, as part of this upgrade I created a .NET Passport. Then I read that this puts account information and transaction detail online with MSN. I DO NOT WANT THIS! How do I go about deleting this information. Can I just somehow delet...

Meeting notification compatibility issues (XP / 2000)
When an Outlook XP user sends a meeting notification to other users, the other Outlook XP users receive it, accept it, and it gets added automatically to the other users' calendars all without problems. When an Outlook 2000 user receives this same meeting notification, it arrives as a text message in their inbox, showing all the code in text format. How can an Outlook XP user send meeting notifications to Outlook 2000 users, and have it behave correctly? Microsoft offers a hotfix for Outlook 2000 to improve its compatibility with iCal/vCal 2.0 meeting requests. See http://support....

Working on the road with Outlook 2000
Just wonder if someone can give me a definitive answer on how Outlook 2000 should be used "on the road". What we do at the moment is have users with Offline folders who are told to "Connect" when in the main office and then "Work Offline" at other times. When I say "Work Offline" I would expect at the moment users to do this when working at home with a dial-up connection or even in a remote branch with a slow WAN link. For instance they would get on the network select "Work Offline" and then do an F9 to sync. My understanding would be never to ...

Performance Increase ODBC.mdb ==> ADO.SQL Server?
I've got a little app that runs pretty well on C:. Loads eight subforms as the user walks a TreeView and takes about a quarter of a second to do each load. Moving it to my dinky little home LAN (10 mb, almost zero traffic), I see the times rise to .5 or .6 seconds per load. Running it on the client's LAN tonite (way after COB, presumably very low traffic), I'm getting .7 to .8 seconds per load. But during the day, it's pretty miserable. Tomorrow will give the numbers - since I just put the time logging code in tonite.... but I expect times well over a second and maybe up ...

MSDE to SQL 2005 Express upgrade options
the readme file for 1.3R reads: "Note that an instance of MSDE 2000 that is upgraded to SQL Express may not work with Retail Management System. Instead, you should uninstall MSDE and do a clean install of SQL Express." do you create a backup in SOA, uninstall MSDE, install SQL express, restore from backup in SOA? just wanted to double check to avoid any surprises. thanks, -- Eddie B Yes, that would be the way to go. I have, however, upgraded MSDE to Express with no problems. Probably because everything has always been a default install with only one instance. Oh, and we...