IM ODBC MS Access 'read permissions' error

I am stumped. This is the first time I'm using IM with Access as the
source; I never have any trouble with other sources but can't get this
to work:

 I'm trying to set up IM using Access DB query as the source.  I seem
to be able to make the connection with the DB no problem as I can
select from the list of tables from the datasource, however, IM is
"unable to obtain column info..."  with the following error returned by
ODBC "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Record(s) cannot be
read; no read permission on 'qry...'."

The login/pw I used in the IM datasource set up DOES have read/write
permissions to the table and query.  I set this up as both Simple ODBC
(pointing to the existing query) and as Advanced (putting the query in
IM) but got the same error.

I appreciate any assistance!

0
debras (8)

Access to external javascript file denied
I have a page in an ASP.NET web application that includes an external javascript file using a fairly basic script tag: <script src="DispatchRuleControl.js" type="text/javascript"></script> When running the application on the ASP.NET internal webserver everything works fine. When I try to host it on IIS7 however, access to the DispatchRuleControl.js file is denied and the request for the js file results in a redirect to the login page. In the directory where the offending *.js file is located, I have an ASP.NET web.config file that contains the fo...

Using IM to upload Sales Territory?
I am trying to update the sales territory table in GP 9.0. I've looked at the Integration manager (IM) and couldn't figure how to do it. There is no destination within IM that points to the Sales Territory master file. I've have setup uploads using IM before for SOP, Journals, AP before. Thanks You could do a table import for that. Set up a csv file with your territory information. It should not have a header row. Open up your Sales Territory Maintenance card then click Tools>Integrate>Table Import then select the Sales Territory Master File. Map the fields and...

Activation Problem MS Money Essentials
Whenever I try to use the product key to activate my ms money essential software, it will not take all of the key that was sent in my email...what am I doing wrong? In microsoft.public.money, Ole Bob Semper Fi wrote: >Whenever I try to use the product key to activate my ms money essential >software, it will not take all of the key that was sent in my email...what am >I doing wrong? Copy the entire key, dashes and all, from the email, and paste into any of the activation key boxes. I have exactly the same problem, and the suggestion here does nothing to help. "Cal Learne...

error code 0x0000038c
I have recently started to get error codes with both word and excel, Excel 0x0000038c Word 0x00000d68 Its all `double dutch` to me what all this means so would I be better to uninstall office and reinstall to solve this. Unless there is an easy click on this type fix I am liable to mess even further. thanks ...

IM
In integration Manager i.e. Great Plains Sql Opt 8.0 we have Receiving Transaction where in if I need to integrate items with Lot type, I dont fine this field. Can any one let me know how I can integrate Purchase Receiving with Lot Items? Hi Muneer: I think you know about this that whenever you receive any item, Lot numbers get alloted to the items by its receipt no. What else do you need? Thanks "Muneer" wrote: > In integration Manager i.e. Great Plains Sql Opt 8.0 we have Receiving > Transaction where in if I need to integrate items with Lot type, I dont fine &...

How do I get Access 2003 to notify me of Due Dates
I have a database of safety action items with critical due dates. Is there a way to set up access to notify me somehow that the due date is approaching or that it is due? Thanks I very often write a query with some date criteria such as <=Date()+7 and attach ti tto a form that I set as the startup form. "DDrowe" wrote: > I have a database of safety action items with critical due dates. Is there a > way to set up access to notify me somehow that the due date is approaching or > that it is due? > > Thanks Sometimes I feel like an idiot when it comes to ac...

fix ms.com/communities/newsgroups
i use firefox primarily for my development, i'm on linux. please allow posting using firefox on /communities/newsgroups. it's quite unprofessional not to support such basic features in browsers other than your own. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...

Free/Busy Errors
We recently migrated Exchange servers from an Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003. Everything was going great until I brought the old Exchange 2000 server offline. It appears there are a few additional hidden locations that have the origional server as master. I have changed the recepient update service and other obvious areas. But my clients are getting an error, "Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of the this public folder are currently unabailable." I get three events in the event viewer: MSExchangeSA 9335 OALGen encountered error 8004010f while ...

Problem with external data and #reference error
Hi, my Excel workbook has 2 sheets: 1. Source: with an external data reference to a MS Access database Query property "If number of rows changes after refresh" is set to option #1: "Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells" User chooses external query selection criteria and therefore can have different result sets. 2. Target: Formular B4: =Source!P5 Formular B5: =Source!P6 Formular B6: =Source!P7 Problem: When Source has data in rows 5, 6 and 7 formular gets calculated correctly. If Source row #5 has data and #6 and ...

Accessing a database access file without a driver
Is it possible to access an access database file without using a driver? Is there a way to open an access file database programmatically (behind the scenes) and the access its content: tables, queries, etc. without using an ODBC driver or any other kind of driver?. For reasons long to explain I can’t use an ODBC driver. Take a look at this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Jess" wrote: > Is it possible to access an access database file without u...

MS Excel Career Training COurse Must see
Learn how to create database, spreadsheets, formulas and much much more. As our present to you included on this CD you get for FREE following: - set of Financial formulas - set spreadsheets examples Ok let's talk now about this training course. Two great ways to learn 1: Content rich Training CDs. Learn the easy way - all you need on one CD High quality Training at an affordable price. Affordable Training that is easy to understand and follow. No boring books to read, no expensive time consuming classroom training It's so easy Learn step by step right from your own desk, anytime ...

Hyperlinks in Access
I cannot get my hyperlinks to work in a report I created in Access, so I read that you can get them to work if you "output" or "export" the report to word, which I did, and it still doesn't work. The error message says "The address of this site is not valid. "Can anyone help??? Thanks a bunch!!! Jennifer ...

Return Money 2005 DIRECTLY to MS :)
Just read the conditions of the 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and MS will refund "reasonable" S&H costs up to $7! If you're unhappy w/ Money 2005, I can't think of a better way to get your opinion across than to send it back directly to MS (along with the "explanation for return" that they request) AND stick them with the shipping bill. :) If you return it to the store, the best MS will ever learn is that it was defective. Sending it back to Redmond lets them know they just paid $5 extra for a product they rushed out. Your voice will instantly take on as much...

Error opening File
I keep getting the message "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". I am running PUB'98 and assume that the files are in '97 format but cannot find a way to open them or import them. If I try selecting file from the Pub browser then it can preview the object but I still cannot open it. Please help someone as this is getting damn frustrating! Thanks What makes you "assume" the files are Pub 97? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim hooper" <JH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ceb01c47f26$b2636640$...

MS Publisher 2003 #2
I am runnign MS Windows XP Media Center and I cannot get Publisher 2003 to reformat an MS Word 2003 document from 8.5"x 11.00" to 6"x9" for a book. I have set up the book cover for "Custom 6x9" and it's fine. I've set Publisher's Page Setup for "Custom 6x9" then Imported my Word doc. I even resized the doc in Word to 6x9. Publisher insists on bringing it in at 8.5x11 and will not resize it to 6x9. When I first tried Publisher, it worked fine and I even reinstalled it and it still won't work right. What do I do? New, Publications f...

Create read-only Excel file 2007
How do I create a normal read only Excel file in 2007? I’ve recently received a .xlsx file which is read only and I would like to be able to do this myself. I’m using 2007. Hi Mary Ann, Go to the Excel help, in the search tab top left enter " Read only access", it will display different information with comments if this helps please click yes thanks "Mary Ann" wrote: > How do I create a normal read only Excel file in 2007? I’ve recently received > a .xlsx file which is read only and I would like to be able to do this > myself. I’m using 2007...

Bay chart error bars automation
Hi, Over the past month I developed an Excel add-in (which I can't share in its entirely for legal reasons, unfortunately). The most relevant code is pasted below my signature. What the relevant part of what it does: - Sorts the primary (input) worksheet by a column which represents the ID of survey panelists (there are multiple, varying numbers of observations/rows per respondent) - Uses the subtotal function to average values for that panelist on a number of "attributes", which are found in adjancent cells on each panelist's row(s) - It then creates a bar chart on...

Error 0x800CCC68 when sending email with attachment
Does anyone know what this error is/What causes it? How is it corrected? Thanks No one will be able to help you unless you supply the MINIMUM of information to start the troubleshooting. What version of Outlook? When does this error message occur? What type(s) of accounts are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer alexb <alexb@ema-eda.com> asked: | Does anyone know what this error is/What causes it? | | How is it corrected? | | | Thanks ...

Button crashes Access unless you look at the code first.
This is a subset (with an interesting clue) of my overall problem which I posted 30 minutes ago. And it is the only problem at this moment. Access 2003 with Access 2000 file format. I have a button on a "menu" type form1 opens another form2 which has subforms. Form2 always opens fine Whenever I hit the button it crashes Access. But, if I first just LOOK at the code behind the button, then the button works fine. Any guess at the problem or the fix? Thanks in advance. Fred, Read the replies in your earlier posting and PLEASE stop *playing* wi...

Why hasn't MS fixed this yet.....?
When you create horizontal bar charts, they always come in backwards, so to fix it you have to flip the data. Same with Stacked Collumns. Also, if you have paired bars they come in flipped as well! I've worked with Excel 97 through XP, you think they would have fixed this by now! Sounds like you are looking for a left handed cup! Bernard "jmorris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B2A931-D858-4445-8CDC-C3A25071C58B@microsoft.com... > When you create horizontal bar charts, they always come in backwards, so to fix it you have to flip the data. ...

MS 2005 Recurring Payments
I've used MS Money for 10 years, but this one has me stumped... In Bills & Deposits I've set up some auto payment entries (not bill pay, just entry into register). Problem is when it enters the payment into the register for the account, it shows as and electronic download from my bank (Cleared column shows "E"). At the same time, when I right-click and select Mark As..., it shows Unreconciled. When I look at the Bills and Deposits page, it says it was cleared my bank, which it has not. How to I get it to enter a transaction without it showing with the "E&qu...

xmlTextWriter: process can't access file 'cos it's being used by another process
hiya, I have been reading thru previous posts but I still can't work this out. I keep the IDE closed during execution, so I can rule out that possibility. I have a generic static (shared) function for my XSLT transforms. This function: 1) accepts an XMLDoc and XSLTDoc as args 2) returns a streamReader Intermittently, I get the error at this line: <code> Dim writer As XmlTextWriter = New XmlTextWriter(sourceXmlDoc, Nothing) <\code> here is the snipped function: <code> Public Shared Function TransformTheDoc(ByVal sourceXmlDoc As String, ByVal xsltDoc As String) As Stre...

why {=product(row(1:10))} gives error?
I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell A1. Why is this? Try: =PRODUCT(A1:A10) instead. 1:10 means all cells of the first 10 rows. In article <e6pIc4mkHHA.4852@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, > I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell > A1. Why is this? ...

Outlook 2003 comes up, then crashes, no error message
I have been using Outlook 2003 for a few years. Now when I start Outlook 2003 the splash window comes up, then the application window comes up. After about the normal time for initialization, the application window closes and the application appears to have abended. On subsequent attempt to start Outlook 2003 get the same result except get "file not closed properly" message. Have tried running scanpst.exe, uninstalling and reinstalling all of MS Office 2003, but no difference. Have also tried copying the outlook.pst data file to another computer with Outlook 2003, and no proble...

Can I use MS Groove with my Macbook?
I have students using Groove for their graduate team work and the Mac users are struggling to stay up in my classes. Any advide about the Mac interface with Groove 2007 issues? You will get better results by posting to the groove newsgroup directly On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Grooving Professor" <Grooving Profe...