Idle user time-out for GP clients

Does anyone know of a way to automatically logout users that have been idle
for a certain length of time?  We have a 15 user license but occasionally run
short for a time.  Some users login just to hold their spot and that means
other get locked out.  I know we can spend more $$ and get more licenses but
it would be nicer if we could prevent users from holding sessions open for
long periiods who are not actually doing anything.
--
Bruce Elniski
IT Manager

Take a look at the Omni Tools available from Rockton software
www.rocktonsoftware.com

The module within Omni Tools is Omni Password that has an Inactivity
function that will log the user off Great Plains if they do not have a
pending transaction window open.

------
Robert

"Bruce Elniski" <BruceElniski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a way to automatically logout users that have been
> idle
> for a certain length of time?  We have a 15 user license but occasionally
> run
> short for a time.  Some users login just to hold their spot and that means
> other get locked out.  I know we can spend more $$ and get more licenses
> but
> it would be nicer if we could prevent users from holding sessions open for
> long periiods who are not actually doing anything.
> --
> Bruce Elniski
> IT Manager
> The DoorStore of Alberta

0
Robert

All E-mail Users
How can I keep the Reply to All E-mail Users from being sent out? I have restricted who can send to All E-mail Users but still users reply to All E-mail Users and it slows down our network. It slows down your network? How do you know? On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:19:01 -0700, "UMAS1" <UMAS1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I keep the Reply to All E-mail Users from being sent out? >I have restricted who can send to All E-mail Users but still users reply to >All E-mail Users and it slows down our network. We monitor the bandwidth and every time some sends a...

Why is CPU usage active even when Word is idle
When Word is running, CPU usage never goes under 8%. 1.CPU usage around 30% @ Word activation. 2.CPU usage around 30% @ when a Document with letters is open. (background spell check?) 3.CPU usage around 10% @ when Word is idle with a new Document with no letter is open. 4.CPU usage around 10% @ when Word is idle with no Document is open. I'm curious what Word is doing at 3. and 4.. For Win users, 4.would probably be an open Word window with no Document is open. I've never seen such active CPU usage when other word processors are idle. (Office 2004 on Mac OS 10.3.9 G3 800M) ...

Some exchange user accounts not created properly- no x400 address created
Hi, I'm having some weird and wonderful issues creating user accounts that are exchange enabled. Often there is no SMTP or X400 address created by default. I've created X400 entries manually with mixed results. Running 3 off Win2003 servers. I have 2 gc DCs and the Exchange 2003SP1 box is a non GC DC. I'm trying to create the users on the Exchange2003 box. There's no errors in the event log that relate to AD,DNS,Exchange,Replication or similar that I can see.. Any ideas anyone? I've come up with nothing after trying to diagnose this after a couple of weeks. This probl...

Users allow inheritable permissions check box
Windows 2003 native domain Since moving to Exchange 2007, some users have a problem accessing Outlook Web Access, an error page is shown indicating a security problem within AD. These user accounts, when checked, have the 'Allow inheritable permissions' check box unticked. This is found from properties of the user, security tab, advanced, a check box for 'Allow inheritable permissions'. Enabling inheritance resolves the problem but there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which users have this unchecked. So far, only 5 out of 1000 have been reported and...

System is IDLE
Hello How do I monitor how long the system has been idle ? Thank you in advance Regards Karbhari <Zarir.Karbhari@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fbb20e3f-edba-48d9-beab-f7a44e88376f@n75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > How do I monitor how long the system has been idle ? > > Thank you in advance > > Regards > Karbhari If IDLE means how long since last mouse movement or keyboard press, use GetLastInputInfo(). -- David ...

ONE User Cannot Access OWA (2003)
We are a native mode AD domain running Exchange 2003. I have ONE user this morning who can not access OWA email. He was able to yesterday but as of this morning he receives a "Page cannot be displayed Http 500" error. I've even logged into my DMZ box to test and using his user name and pw I receive the same message. Yet I can turn around and use another user name and pw (not admin) and gain access. I've checked the obvious things like account being locked out etc. Any suggestions? Fixed it.. never mind. :) "Mark McCurdy" <stuff@noreply.com> wro...

OWA 2003 Idle setting
hi all, I need help, just did my first migration woohooo. well now when you logon to OWA and it's idle it will kick you out after 10 minutes. how can i expand the idle time. or how can i just have the private computer be the default. thx monica You can modify the logon form to make private the default, but it's a really bad idea. I typed "change owa timeout" in google and the first hit was http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html "Moni" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eADHRSTsGHA.2376@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hi ...

Time Difference
Dear All, I have some doubt in Date & Time Format. I have some (time) appearing in a column in this format 7/17/2006 3:20:53 PM.. I need to have a conditional formatting for this in that column. Ie., if the time in the column is less than 20 minutes to the current time (ie.,now()) then it should change to some color. Any help in this regard. Rajkumar -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http:/...

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

Users in Dynamics but not in SQL
We have some users in Dynamics, that do not exist in SQL. How do I remove users from Dynamics if they do not exist in SQL? SQL2005, GP9.0 I get a message when trying to delete. -- Doug To Remove users from the dynamics table you need to delete them manually from dynaimcs database table SY01400. DELETE FROM SY01400 WHERE USERID = '123' This user id will be delete from dynamics and will not appear in User Lookup windows in Microsoft Dynamics. open enterprise manager (in Sql server 2000) or SQL Serer Management Studio in SQL 2005) and delete logins of user 123 in every com...

Outlook is not installed for this user
When I try to open Outlook 2003 I get this error message: 'Outlook is not installed for this user' I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, repairing and creating a new profile. Nothing worked. Then I created a new user account in Windows XP and Outlook works fine in this account. It did say that there was a conflict with a recently installed program (which it didn't identify) and asked if it should fix it. I clicked yes and the rest of the setup went fine. I imported the information from the pst file from the other account and that went fine too. However, it still won'...

How can I subtract and enter times in my charts?
I am charting times and have various entries such as 46 seconds and 4 fifths or 1 minute and 12 seconds and 2 fifths (such as the 1/2 mile time and winning time in a 6 furlong horse race). I need to display and subtract these times properly. The race results in the newspaper will display the time as :46.4 and 1:12.2, but excel sees that as 46 and 4 tenths seconds and 1 minute 12 seconds and 2 tenths. I also need to subtract the smaller time from the larger time. Any ideas? Thank you kindly. Steve =INT(A1*24*3600)/(24*3600)+2*MOD(A1,1/(24*3600)) will convert -- David Biddulph &q...

NEW USER : Hello and Crystal Problem, Where are the fiekds for ....
HI ALL, Just been pointed at this group by a colleague. Looks good. Basically my problem is this. - When you close an Opportunity MSCRM records a description and the competitor you lost against Where the heckity heck are these fields stored???? They are definately not in the Opportunity or the Opportunity Competitor Tables. Any Ideas ? Thanks Dave Thanks Muchly !!! "Edwin Garst" <egarstNOSPAM@online.epconsystems.com> wrote in message news:OftY%23H6UEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > David, > > It is stored in the resolution activity record as shown below. &...

User Sid
I am trying to get the SID of the logged on user frm the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Protected Storage System Provider i am opening this key and doing a RegEnumKeyEx to get the SID. This works fine on xp but gives ERROR_MORE_DATA on vista. TCHAR userSid[MAX_PATH+1]; DWORD dwSize; DWORD index = 0; if(RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, _T("Software\\Microsoft\\Protected Storage System Provider"), 0, KEY_READ, &hKey) == ERROR_SUCCESS) { if( RegEnumKeyEx(hKey, index, userSid, &dwSize, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) != ERROR_SUCCESS) { } } Does anyone have ...

Rounding Time?
I have a table of times, server names, and error counts. The time stamps are by the second. How do I round times to the nearest 15 minutes? (Really, I need to the next 15, so I suspect this is a ceiling function.) Thanks in advance, ChrisW Excel stores date-time values as a whole number for the date and a fraction for the time. 15 minutes is 15/60 * 1/24 = 0.01041666666667. But you can put your value into cell A1, and 0:15 into cell B1, and use this formula to get a rounded up value. Format as time to read it. =CEILING(A1,B1) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tech...

Reminder Time vs Due By Field #2
I'm using O2003. For a contact, there is the Due by Field. There is also a Reminder Time field. If you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. By default for a contact, you have access to the Due By field. The Reminder field is avaialble, but you have to manually add it. In Tasks, it seems to work the same in that if you update the Due By field, it updates the Reminder Time field. However, if you update the Reminder Time field, it does not update the Due By field. However, you have a...

My users is receiving this [SPAM]
hi i have exc2003 and my users is receiving this "Spam". What do i do to block it? It is not coming from the same adress everyday and the managers is getting quite annoyed with it. From: Tiger [mailto:aslecfz@cantv.net] Sent: 17 October 2006 20:32 To: Subject: category. Australian a Monday is denied that its forces or are security hunt down Jemaah Islamiah abu Sayyaf militants Mindanao rp fiscal in. Terrie Fucanan hurry print proposal Need create a snazzy or poster flier of invitation Want redesign your old brochure jazz up product packaging less than more affordable or co...

Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name?
Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name? Isn't domain logon name a required field? I heard somewhere that this was possible? We need to change some account's owners to future domain users. Domainlogname is required field in CRM Like --- (Microsoft\ba) and it means you need to create a user in CRM .Account always has an owner , which is CRM user. would like to hear if someone has some tricks to bypass the domainlogname :=) ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ IT is required when you create the user, but once you have created the user, ...

Sample user mapping with actual users
Hi all, I have installed Microsoft CRM Server. I used the Sample Database Wizard to import users into CRM. Out of the 12 sample users, I mapped 5 users to my actual users from Active Directory. But when I see users from the Settings tab, there is only CRM Administrator user. There are neither the sample users nor my actual users. Can anybody give some idea about how I can view my mapped actual users? Thanks in advance, -Imran ...

User Defined/Custom Input
I have just finished creating a sales cost sheet for flooring installation projects. The sheet consists of a number of drop down lists which allows the sales manager to specify the details of the job ie. There are dropdowns for different types of installation methods, underpad, transitions, stairs, etc.... sales mgr selects the appropriate description in each cell (column A) & the appropriate price shows up in the 'unit price' column. I would like to incorporate another features into the sheet but I'm not sure how to do it. If I use underpad as an example... we sell...

No Idle Messages
Hi, I created a simple application for experiment. When clicked on MFCApp.cpp, I was trying to look for onidle message in the property box, but there was nothing, just empty. Did I do anything wrong? please help..Thanks in advance Jack Sorry found it in the overrides Thanks Jack "Jack" <jl@knight.com> ���g��l��s�D:eHzPXt8zFHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I created a simple application for experiment. When clicked on MFCApp.cpp, > I was trying to look for onidle message in the property box, but there was > nothing, just empty. Did I do anything wrong...

Bills & Deposits time frame shown
This might be a losing question but I wish someone would make some changes to the Bills & Deposit screen reporting. I remember the old versions that when you gave it a 90 day time frame it showed ALL entries for the 90 days. The random picking & choosing of bills to show is totally annoying, I get only one deposit showing and a few near term bills and a random scattering of bills for up to 6 months down the road. I know if I go to the cash flow screen I can get a scrolling window of everything for a chosen time span but if I enter all this in on the Bills & Deposit screen WHY can...

Deleted User, Lost License
I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their CRM license, and now CRM will not let me remove the license for that user because the user no longer exists. Anyone know how I can reclaim the orphaned license? Thanks, -Jeff Hi Jeff One solution is this: -Open Deployment Manager and go to License Manager -Remove your CRM License -Add you CRM License back -Open CRM and assign License to all users who need them Regards Dan "JeffW" wrote: > I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their > CRM license, and now CRM w...

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...