I want to know GP Tables Definitions

I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL

Carmencite:

Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows.  Select Product/Series/View
By.  You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific
window.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
2/6/2009 2:39:53 PM
Carmencita,

In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at
http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Carmencite:
>
> Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows.  Select Product/Series/View
> By.  You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific
> window.
>

> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/7/2009 4:14:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_6103CAD4

Hi Carmen

You need to look at the GL Transaction Flow document in the Software Development Kit (SDK). The SDK can be installed from the
tools folder of CD 2 of the install CDs or downloaded.  Links for download on this page:

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/pages/developer-articles.aspx

As Mariano metioned also see my article:

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-
gp.aspx

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_6103CAD4

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Carmen
\par
\par You need to look at the GL Transaction Flow document in the Software Development Kit (SDK). The SDK can be installed from the tools folder of CD 2 of the install CDs or downloaded.  Links for download on this page:
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/pages/developer-articles.aspx
\par
\par As Mariano metioned also see my article:
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6103CAD4--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Pivot table formulas
Hi, I am trying to create a calculated field in a pivot table but cannot get the expression to work correctly. I have a field called Class Description and I need to perform a COUNT function on it. I have entered =COUNT('''Class Description''') as the formula but Excel always returns 1. Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this please? Hi Alan if its a text field then excel will automatically "count" it when you drag it into the data area - or am i completely misunderstanding what you're after. Cheers JulieD "Alan Bentley" <...

how to know rowindex after filtering
Hi, Via VBA i filtered a sheet. Basically i should have as result only 1 row. How can i know what is the rowindex (figure in the grey column margin e.g : 873, or 34245,...) ? thanks a lot, Maileen One way: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = Nothing On Error Resume Next With ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Set myCell = .Resize(.Rows.Count - 1, 1).Offset(1, 0) _ .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Cells(1) End With On Error GoTo 0 If myCell Is Nothing Then 'do nothing Else ...

want questions

I want more!

PurchasePrice field in table IV00102
Does anyone know why this field exists? In our configuration, there are no values in it (all 0's). I want to store a value (for informational purposes only) - specifically, the item's standard cost per site. I would greatly appreciate some opinions on this. Thank you. Maria. This is from the SDK on the CD: Purchase price to use in determining which vendor to use when generating purchase orders to replenish this item/site (only when POP Pricing Selection is “Use Specified Price”). "Maria" wrote: > > Does anyone know why this field exists? > In our configur...

Need help with table set-up and Thanks!
I’m about to finish my first database and am in the planning stages to create another. I want to express my gratitude to all that helped me with this. I learned more with the help of this group in three months than in three years of reading books and taking classes. I have the utmost respect for all of you kind people. I just hope that I’ll be able to find you all when they close down this site. I need some guidance about my table set-up. I’m going to have a data table that will be updated each month for employee, project and hours worked. I want to have a master tab...

Remote Users for GP 8.0
We have a remote site with 5 users that are connected to us via a T1 point to point at 1.5mbps. We would like to have these w/s connect to run great plains. Is a vpn possible? SHould we use a terminal server? Any advantages in using citrix? Thanks John John, I would usually recommend Terminal Server 2003 for what you're describing. VPN only (without TS or Cirtix) is not supported by MS, nor advisable, even over a point to point T1 you're not going to like the performance. Citrix doesn't really offer too many advantages over TS for 5 users, but is also a viable alter...

importing tables in proper format from word 2007 into access 2007
The word 2007(.docx) is saved as a plain text(.txt) file first. Then, I add a delimiter(#) to each row manually. The tables in the document look like below Table 1 Row 1 data# Row 2 data# Row 3 data# Row 4 data# .. .. .. Table 2 Row 1 data# Row 2 data# Row 3 data# .. .. .. .. Table 3 Row 1 data# Row 2 data# Row 3 data# .. .. .. and so on Then, go into Access 2007, External Data, Text File to import the text file data into Access choosing # as the delimiter The table which is created in Access 2007 is as follows Field1 Row 1 data of Table 1 ...

Text want wrap in text box

Look-up Table for "packaged pricing"
Preliminaries: 1) Have looked in archives - either don't know how to describe this well, or can't find similiar challenge 2) Have looked in my Excel 2003 Help files - either don't know how to describe well, or can't find similiar challenge 3) Look forward to hearing how y'all would do this...<grin> ========================================================= CHALLENGE: Build a "look-up" table to calculate/look-up price based on position of [0s or 1s] or [Blank] in a particular column/position: - My client's Web-hosting company sends us orders (in excel...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Dynamics GP routing link several BOM's at once
When using routing links allow selection of several items at once to link to a routing step instead of one at a time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=487897...

GP 2010
Hi, I need help with editing "Comments" field which is under blue arrow on invoice line. After posting invoice this field (as others) becomes grey - non editable. Any ideas how to change its value ??? ...

Updating tables in GP10
Hi: We need to update address tables in GP10. All of the Fields on the tables are set to null = N. Some of the address fields in our input source has nulls. What can we do to be able to get our data into the tables What is your source? CSV? TXT? a SQL table? an XML file? What tool will you be using to integrate the data? eConnect? Integration Manager? a SQL update statement? Usually, if your address has nulls in the source, you should be able to replace with a blank character ("", or '' depending on the source) not a space. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MI...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

custom number formating in a merge table?
I am trying to merge fields into a table from an excel file and I would like to formating to appear the same as the excel formating. Some of the formatting in excel is custom ie. if the phone number is 1234567891 I want it to show as (123) 456-7891. How do I do this? See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originall...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...

Rename Multiple Tables at once
I have an Access 2007 database that has a lot of linked tables and I want to 'batch' rename them. For example, they all start with "dbo_" and I want to rename all of them to "PM_". How can I make that happen? I've been searching and cannot find a solution. Any help that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim tdfCurr As DAO.TableDef Set dbCurr = CurrentDb() For Each tdfCurr In dbCurr.TableDefs If Left(tdfCurr.Name, 4) = "dbo_" Then tdfCurr.Name = "PM_" & Mid(tdfCurr.Name, 5)...

I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. Thanks a lot. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/vspro/details/default.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:#xJvGnNPGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 > the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. > Thanks a lot. > > Thank you so much! But I can not find the Visual Studi...

When repeating city want zipcode to populate
Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other cells? Thanks. See help on VLOOKUP function. Or go here for excellent help and an example workbook. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:05:32 -0800, jrw - esq. <jrw - esq.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a >zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other >...

multiple pivot table generation
Hi, I m using office 2003. I have a sheet containin gmy base data, Now i want to generate multiple pivots from the base sheet, based on some filter condition. i.e. pivot 1 should only consider rows having column Age > 10 Pivot b should consider rows having column city = 'Dallas' ..... and so on. Please let me know how to do this with single base sheet. Hi Vikram You can do this with a single Pivot Table Drag Age and City to the Page Area of the table, then use the dropdown on each to select the criteria you want. -- Regards Roger Govier "Vikram" <aa@aa> w...